PDA

View Full Version : Goodfellas

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-11-2004, 05:06 PM
Just watched it for the 2nd time yesterday. It was better than the first if possible. I dunno why this movie is so good, I guess it's just that there's no particular plot, it's just a life story and it's so natural.

But you ever notice how Liota's performance almost goes unmentioned by the critics? I read the back of the damned movie box and it's pretty much like "a riveting academy award winning performance by De Niro and Pesci...oh and Liota was pretty good as well". Liotta was the main damned character :rant:, he was amazing, as good as Joe and Bobby. Also Pauli was the man as well.
Whatever, it's probably one of the best of all time. 3 thumbs up.
Thoughts and hwatnot?

My favourite line in the movie was Joe Pesci describing his mom's paintng, "I like the one the best, that dog's looking the one way, that other dog is looking the other way, and that guy is like 'what do you want from me?'" lol, all this while a body is in their trunk. Classic stuff.

The Miz
01-11-2004, 07:06 PM
my favorite de niro scene of all time is in this movie. the scene at the restaurant where he's just sitting there, smoking a cigarette, and cream plays in the background. he doesn't say anything, but he doesn't have to. he just has this look on his face like he is going to kill every motherfu</>cker in the place. i dunno, i just get chills up my spine every time i watch this scene.

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-11-2004, 07:30 PM
my favorite de niro scene of all time is in this movie. the scene at the restaurant where he's just sitting there, smoking a cigarette, and cream plays in the background. he doesn't say anything, but he doesn't have to. he just has this look on his face like he is going to kill every motherfu</>cker in the place. i dunno, i just get chills up my spine every time i watch this scene.

Yeah, I was orgasming at that scene.

Triple A
01-11-2004, 07:38 PM
Yeah I just saw it again yesterday. :love:

I think it gets better everytime I watch it.

Jimmy: What is the matter with you, huh? What is the ****ing matter with you? What are you, a ****ing sick maniac or something? Tommy, I'm kidding with you.
Tommy: Kidding? How am I supposed to know you're kidding? You're breaking my ****ing balls.
Jimmy: I'm ****ing kidding with you, you ****ing shoot the guy?
Henry Hill: He's dead.
Tommy: I'm a good shot, what do you want from me? I'm a good shot.
Anthony Stabile: How could you miss at this distance?
Jimmy: You dumb bastard, I can't ****ing believe you. You're gonna dig the hole.
Tommy: Fine, I'll dig the ****ing hole. I don't give a ****. Like I never dug a hole before.

The Miz
01-11-2004, 07:41 PM
why don't you go f</>uck yourself tommy

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-11-2004, 07:47 PM
lol

I marked out when De Niro threw him the money when he said that.

Supreme Olajuwon
01-11-2004, 07:50 PM
that is the perfect movie

every single second is brilliant