PDA

View Full Version : The National Basketball Association looks like its going to come down to four teams

BCWWF
03-21-2005, 02:12 PM
In the East we have the Heat and the Pistons and in the West we have the Spurs and the Suns. In the West there are some other teams that pose a thread (Sonics, Mavericks, Rockets, maybe even Nuggets?) but the East doesn't seem like any team is going to challenge those two.

So, if it was the NBA final four today, those four teams, who do you have?

packt up
03-21-2005, 02:53 PM
From what I've read (don't get much NBA on tv in UK) and the limited amount that I've watched I would say the Heat are probably my favourites to win. Dwayne and Shaq as a duo are second to none.

el fregadero
03-21-2005, 03:02 PM
Suns/Heat hopefully.

BCWWF
03-21-2005, 03:19 PM
The Heat are a great team no doubt, but I wouldn't count the Pistons out at all. They have more of an all-around game then the Heat, which includes a lot of good big men and a lot of defense. I would say that overall they are a more solid team. If Shaq and Dwayne don't get in foul trouble or injured then I would probably choose them to take the East. I am a big fan of Udonis and having Zo backing up Shaq gives them a solid front court, and then besides the amazing Wade, Damon Jones is so hot from three points and Eddie Jones is very solid and can light it up from three point on occasion. I think the Heat will probably take it, but I don't think its a given at all. Shaq vs Ben Wallace :drool:

In the West, I don't really want to guess. Traditional knowledge would tell us that the Spurs are consistant and good at defense and should be able to stop the Suns pretty easilly, but in the playoffs I could see the Suns getting super hot, nailing threes from all over, just running the Spurs out of the water. I am going to wait before I make a prediction on that one, because I don't like the Spurs as a sure fire pick.

Mr. Monday Morning
03-21-2005, 03:32 PM
Dunno, I watched the Pistons/Spurs game yesterday and after San An lost Duncan after like 2 minutes they played really well, only really lost because their shooting touch fizzled out in the final few minutes. Their bench came up big time, same with Detroit really. If they got Duncan back and played that well they could beat anyone.

On the other hand Detroit were really impressive, not the usual defensive emphasis, don't get me wrong they were still really solid but they pushed the ball well off of rebounds and steals, and Prince especially was excellent.

I haven't seen much of the Heat this season but any team with Shaq in has got a chance as long as the support players are decent, and Wade seems good.

Suns are awesome, awesome team but the only thing I would say is that against those other 3 teams they may find themselves outmatched at 4 and 5. Don't get me wrong Stoudamire is fantastic but Outlaw and McCarty when it matters won't cut it against Wallace & Rasheed, Shaq or Duncan, IMO.

RoXer
03-21-2005, 06:02 PM
Suns blew the Heat out of the water the last time they played them. They play them again this week, so I can't wait to see what happens.

What about the Celtics? I think they're a pretty decent who can hold their own.

The Outlaw
03-21-2005, 07:24 PM
15 point win by the suns last time ftr.

Be interesting to see them this time though. Last time Suns were on an unbelievable winning streak I think, and they couldn't do wrong. Now the Heat are on a nice little 10 game winning streak.

HOT game last time though. D. Wade struggled shooting I think, Shaq and Amare both had 34. Crazy game though. Looking forward to Friday's game.

BCWWF
03-21-2005, 07:57 PM
Its kind of funny how the Cavs just fell off the earth

Bad Guy
03-23-2005, 11:38 PM
Pistons are a joke. 2nd round at most.

Gertner
03-23-2005, 11:48 PM
don't count out my Jazz! btw sonics out in the first round. no inside game, relies too heavily on outside shooting.

BCWWF
03-24-2005, 12:23 AM
The Miz might have something to say about that

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-24-2005, 12:27 AM
Celtics are on the rise, I think they could def make it to the Eastern Conference finals. Just that whole Shaq thing :-\

BCWWF
03-24-2005, 12:35 AM
Agreed with Stima, I think they could easilly be in the Eastern Finals. Before they traded Antoine to begin with they were right up there, and now they are arguable better then when they had him the first time.

KingofOldSchool
03-26-2005, 03:45 AM
I think the Pacers actually have a better chance than the Pistons to making it all the way.

The Pacers have played through a LOT of shit this year and they should be worse off than where they are now.

They've beaten the Heat twice and the Pistons twice this season.

The Pacers have shown heart for most of this fucking season with their stars out most of their games.

The Pistons have yet to show the same desire they had this time last year.

I think we will see a Heat/Pacers Eastern Conference Final, unless the Pacers get that 8th seed.

BCWWF
03-26-2005, 12:43 PM
The Pacers are without their two best players, there is no way they win a 7 game series against Detroit or Boston right now

The Outlaw
03-26-2005, 12:55 PM
Suns blew the Heat out of the water the last time they played them. They play them again this week, so I can't wait to see what happens.

HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW

KingofOldSchool
03-26-2005, 03:04 PM
The Pacers are without their two best players, there is no way they win a 7 game series against Detroit or Boston right now

JO should be back for the playoffs.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-26-2005, 03:48 PM
Celtics will defeat the Pacers in the playoffs.

BCWWF
03-26-2005, 06:21 PM
Is Tinsley injured or just playing poorly lately? I noticed he was a FA in my fantasy league

Bigg Mike
03-27-2005, 02:40 AM
If Charlotte can beat the Heat...
:nono:

I think it'll come down to Phoenix/Detroit.

Duncan's injury really hurts the Spurs, and what's to say that someone in the first round won't take a cheap shot on a returning Duncan to reinjure him?
This year doesn't seem as clear a choice as it could be.

Anything can happen...especially if a team like Charlotte can beat the East's best.
Shaq's been playing full time this year, and hasn't really been injured yet...will his injury happen in the playoffs? Can the Heat without Shaq survive the first round? Is Duncan's injury going to impede him for more then expected? Will Steve Nash run out of steam like he's been known to do in the playoffs? Will the Pistons surge again? Will Ron Artest be back? Can the resurging Boston hold their weight in the playoffs?
I mean there is so many possibilities out there that can change these playoffs up...this is one I'm definitely not betting on.

The Outlaw
03-27-2005, 02:48 AM

One game sir. DWade had an off game.

Artest will not be back.

Are you on crack?

BCWWF
03-27-2005, 10:44 AM
I know I am going to sound like a homer (because I am), but if the Timberwolves can get into the playoffs there is a great possibility that they could upset in the first round. For them to get in they are going to have to be real hot down the stretch, so they would be hot going into the playoffs. Then we have the talent, we had it in the beginning of the year and were one of the Suns four losses that they had for so long, so I think they are definately still capable of being one of the best teams in the league, and if they put it together and get into the playoffs then the Suns or Spurs would want to tie their shoes extra tight.

packt up
03-27-2005, 11:00 AM
Yeah its pretty hot in the West right now. Gonna be no easy ties for the top West teams - you look at the Twolves maybe sneaking in there and if not then its gonna be a red hot Denver team instead.

Ninti the Mad
03-31-2005, 09:06 AM
Man, I cant wait for the playoffs.

Heat / Pistons

Spurs / Suns

It's gonna be hot.

weather vane
03-31-2005, 05:01 PM
Celtics were on a good streak for a bit there. Now they are shitting the bed again.

KingofOldSchool
03-31-2005, 11:32 PM
Hey, guess who defeated the Heat AGAIN with Shaq and Wade and without Artest, JO, and Tinsley? :cool:

The Outlaw
04-01-2005, 01:18 AM
You forgot to mention Eddie Jones did not play.

Hey, just one game. Good luck in the postseason, though. :)

BCWWF
04-01-2005, 02:23 AM
Eddie Jones shouldn't be life and death, although he should have played since he is on my fantasy team and I am in the playoffs :mad:

SammyG
04-01-2005, 02:56 AM
R.I.P Lakers streak of making the playoffs. FUCK, we need some major aqquisiotions in the offseason

Kid Robb
04-01-2005, 04:14 AM
The Bulls are going to go close to getting home court in the playoffs :D

39-22 since going 0-9 to start the season. Pretty damn good for a team fast going nowhere after the first three weeks of the season.

PureHatred
04-01-2005, 04:32 AM
The Bulls are going to be a sick tema if they can keep that roster together.

But as for this year, unless Duncan and/or Larry Brown gets back to 100% with a quickness, I thik the Heat are far and away the favorites.

It's not just Shaq & Wade. It's that they have a guy like Eddie Jones who can D up the oppositions best perimeter player, its the front court guys like Haslem and Doleac and Jones and Laettner who are so much better with Daddy in the middle, its Dooling playing out of his mind the last two months, and finally its the ability to bring two veterans with experience going deep in the playoffs like Zo ( another big body) and Steve Smith (clutch 3's) off the end of the bench.

The Outlaw
04-01-2005, 06:11 PM
Ben Gordon = :love:

Also, I know Eddie Jones shouldn't be life and death, but he is a step above Qyntel Woods I would say.

BCWWF
04-01-2005, 07:31 PM
No, you are wrong. Eddie Jones SHOULD be life or death, that way he would benefit my fantasy team more :mad:

packt up
04-01-2005, 08:03 PM
Eddie Jones is my favourite player :$ Dunno why but he was awesome when I started watching basketball I have like a 95 or 96 Lakers Jersey of him :cool:

The Outlaw
04-01-2005, 08:23 PM
Yeah he was the man with the Lakers.

Now he is the man with the Heat. :cool:

BCWWF
04-01-2005, 11:50 PM
His rank is still surprisingly high even though Wade has stolen a lot of his stats this year

packt up
04-02-2005, 06:28 AM
:D My first real memory of watching basketball was just the american comentator going "EDDIE JONESSSSSSS HES AN ALL STARRRR!!" everytime he did a dunk or a 3 or something.

:love:

The Outlaw
04-02-2005, 03:09 PM
LOL yeah that was pritty hot