PDA

View Full Version : Heel Heavyweight Champion...

PullMyFinger
03-21-2005, 10:09 PM
Has there ever been another heel heavyweight champ since it's beginning on Raw BESIDES Triple H????? I can't remember anyone right now, and if I'm right b/c there was none...then that's BAD BUSINESS.

Marcyo
03-21-2005, 10:11 PM
Triple H
HBK
Triple H
Goldberg
Triple H
Benoit
Orton
Triple H
Triple H... again

Nope. he's the only heel heavyweight champ.

Ruien
03-21-2005, 10:11 PM
Well Orton was heel for about a minute then turned face........

PullMyFinger
03-21-2005, 10:19 PM
I don't count Orton as a heel champ.

That's really shitty. They're committing the same errors that WCW did. Keeping the same people on top.

MVP
03-21-2005, 10:53 PM
Even when HHH isn't champ he's still on top of the roster.

We'll see what happens after Mania. If Batista becomes the focus of RAW, or if it's still the HHH show like with Benoit last year.

PullMyFinger
03-21-2005, 11:13 PM
I bet you 100% it'll still be centered around HHH. HHH will continue his feud with 'Tista.

Justdisturbed
03-21-2005, 11:15 PM
if batista becomes the focus of raw i will 'demon bomb from hell**' myself off a bridge

**(the name of batista's move when he was leviathan in OVW)

Corkscrewed
03-21-2005, 11:36 PM
Wow. I've never seen this topic discussed before ever in my life!!!!

Gone Mad
03-21-2005, 11:58 PM
*AHEM* Jericho... you know... the first Undisputed Heavyweight champ? Oh, that's right. We are WWE fans, we forget what happen a year ago, much less a week ago.

But I wish I could forget that time. HHH beat him for that title, damn it.

KingofOldSchool
03-22-2005, 12:04 AM
*AHEM* Jericho... you know... the first Undisputed Heavyweight champ? Oh, that's right. We are WWE fans, we forget what happen a year ago, much less a week ago.

But I wish I could forget that time. HHH beat him for that title, damn it.

We are talking about *JUST* The World Heavyweight title, not the Undisputed Championship.

The Overdrive
03-22-2005, 12:11 AM
Well Orton was heel for 24 hours then they turned him face........

:y:

PullMyFinger
03-22-2005, 12:13 AM
Like I said, Orton doesn't count.

The Overdrive
03-22-2005, 12:19 AM
Maybe it's Edge or Christian's time to have the belt?

Trips: Over my dead body it is!!

Hmmm, that proves one thing. Those who have worked hard for the WWE in the past will prolly end up like Benoit and after 18 years MAYBE they'll get a Main Event shot. It's all about The Game, not the guys who have shed real blood, and worked their asses to the bone in the past.

I hope Steph and Crips die a slow and painful death.

The Overdrive
03-22-2005, 12:21 AM
Like I said, Orton doesn't count.

Why?

It might of been short but so what? It will still go down in history that the night Orton beat Benoit, Orton was heel. Therefor Orton =ed a heel champion for 24 hours.

Mr. Nerfect
03-22-2005, 01:12 AM
Technically Orton was a heel champion, but Triple H is the only guy to really appear in a series of shows as a heel champion.

I think that needs to change. If it were up to me, this would be Triple H's last reing with the World Heavyweight Championship. Not because Triple H is a bad wrestler or he can't work a match, because he can, but because it's getting stale and repetitive.

I would haev Batista win at WrestleMania, then have Triple H come out the next night and say he'll get that title back from Batista, followed up with Batista just smiling, then kicking Triple H's ass all around the arena. He then throws Triple H through the window of his limousine, then casually goes up to the driver and tells him by name to take Triple H back to his hotel. Batista then adjusts his suit as he goes off to do other business.

The guy to end Batista's reign is then Edge at Summerslam.

diothoir
03-22-2005, 01:32 AM
Yeah, Batista - Edge could be an interesting fued. Especially if they play up Edge's desperation.

VJW
03-22-2005, 01:44 AM
I think Kane should eventually win the title from Tista after Mania like at SS since he's a good heel. I thought hhh was excellent at first but if you're just going to keep on winning then there's no point. He should've lost more so that it would've beem more unpredictable. Have a surprise win on Raw one night and interest will pick up.

Kane Knight
03-22-2005, 01:48 AM
Even when HHH isn't champ he's still on top of the roster.

We'll see what happens after Mania. If Batista becomes the focus of RAW, or if it's still the HHH show like with Benoit last year.
People wonder why no-one gave a fuck about Benoit as Champ. Maybe because it was still the Hunter show?

Kane Knight
03-22-2005, 01:49 AM
Yeah, Batista - Edge could be an interesting fued. Especially if they play up Edge's desperation.
...And get him some personality...

Mr. Nerfect
03-22-2005, 03:43 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing Kane challenger for the World Heavyweight Championship.

I can easily see him winning the Money in the Bank Ladder Match,b ut not cash in his match until he's ready. Over the next few weeks we see Kane adapt a new costume and he begins to wear a mask again.

jjmoney21
03-22-2005, 11:30 AM
well i can see any of those guys winning the title, besides Jericho. People always say that Christian or Edge should be champion. But they have nothing to offer, when you look at the reaction that people get when they walk out is nothing. Christian is very good on the mic, but besides being with Edge in the tag team division he hasnt done anthing. Now if you are saying people deserve the title, look at one person. People dislike him because he is old but it should be Shawn Michaels. Now listen, he is the only guy and hes almost 40 who is putting on the best matches and gets the best reaction from the crowd. Look at all his matches since he has been back, he has been the most consistent and the best wrestler.

Loose Cannon
03-22-2005, 11:41 AM
Do you people understand "perception?" Learn the word if you don't. HHH is the ONLY heel on Raw pushed as if he's god. He's pushed like he's unstoppable. He's pushed like he's the ONLY heel who can be #1. People will buy a product with great marketing, even if it's the biggest bullshit ever. PEOPLE "PERCIEVE" HHH as the ONLY good heel because that's the the WWE tells them. Not in words maybe, although HHH says it all the time, but with actions each and every week.

Give that same push to Edge, X-tian, Kane, Jericho, Hassan etc.... for a long time and I bet they'll get the same reaction as HHH does.

Loose Cannon
03-22-2005, 11:42 AM
Do you people understand "perception?" Learn the word if you don't. HHH is the ONLY heel on Raw, pushed as if he's god. He's pushed like he's unstoppable. He's pushed like he's the ONLY heel who can be #1. People will buy a product with great marketing, even if it's the biggest bullshit ever. PEOPLE "PERCIEVE" HHH as the ONLY good heel because that's the the WWE tells them. Not in words maybe, although HHH says it all the time, but with actions each and every week.

Give that same push to Edge, X-tian, Kane, Jericho, Hassan etc.... for a long time and I bet they'll get the same reaction as HHH does.

Mr. Nerfect
03-22-2005, 04:07 PM
well i can see any of those guys winning the title, besides Jericho. People always say that Christian or Edge should be champion. But they have nothing to offer, when you look at the reaction that people get when they walk out is nothing. Christian is very good on the mic, but besides being with Edge in the tag team division he hasnt done anthing. Now if you are saying people deserve the title, look at one person. People dislike him because he is old but it should be Shawn Michaels. Now listen, he is the only guy and hes almost 40 who is putting on the best matches and gets the best reaction from the crowd. Look at all his matches since he has been back, he has been the most consistent and the best wrestler.

Have you heard the reactions when the guys you mentioned come out. Edge & Christian are over as heels. The fans love to boo them, and I actually think they currently really dislike Edge. Christian's Captain Charisma shirt was actually doing pretty well on WWE Shopzone at one stage.

Also, Christian has been in Ladder Matches, become a three-time Intercontinental Champion and gone over the first-everUndisputed Champion at WrestleMania. It's not as much as some other guys, but saying he's done nothing is pretty short-sighted.

tucsonspeed6
03-23-2005, 01:10 PM
Have you heard the reactions when the guys you mentioned come out. Edge & Christian are over as heels. The fans love to boo them, and I actually think they currently really dislike Edge. Christian's Captain Charisma shirt was actually doing pretty well on WWE Shopzone at one stage.

Also, Christian has been in Ladder Matches, become a three-time Intercontinental Champion and gone over the first-everUndisputed Champion at WrestleMania. It's not as much as some other guys, but saying he's done nothing is pretty short-sighted.

To add on to that point:

Even if they weren't getting over as heels, putting the title on them wouldn't necessarily be so bad. Think about where JBL would be now if they didn't take a chance on him?

JBL with the championship -- :foc:
JBL without the championship -- :|

Throwing the title at HHH whenever you need a heel champ is uninventive and isn't entertaining. In fact, believing that HHH is the only one that can get over as a heel is exactly what HHH wants you to believe. It's the same game Hogan played for years until WCW died because of it.

John la Rock
03-23-2005, 04:12 PM
Maybe it's Edge or Christian's time to have the belt?

I hope Steph and Crips die a slow and painful death.

dude you have problems

Savio
03-23-2005, 04:56 PM
Has there ever been another heel heavyweight champ since it's beginning on Raw BESIDES Triple H????? I can't remember anyone right now, and if I'm right b/c there was none...then that's BAD BUSINESS.The three heels to hold that title in the WWE were:

HHH
Y2J
and Booker T

The CyNick
03-23-2005, 09:18 PM
The so-called "World Heavyweight Championship" has only been in use since Sept '02, so Orton (who doesn't really count) and HHH have been the only heel champs.

Anyway, as per usual LC beat me to what I was going to say.

I'll add this, if anyone has some tapes of HHH in his first title run back in 99, go watch them. HHH got virtually no heat, and yet Vince stuck with him. The difference now, is that nobody gets that long to succeed.

And its even worse on RAW because HHH doesn't let anyone take away his #1 heel spot.

Hell Orton would have blown him away as a heel, but because of HHH they turned Orton face, and well look how well that all went.