PDA

View Full Version : Bonds says he's out till midseason...

Nervous Ferret
03-22-2005, 01:54 PM
or out until next season. Go Figure.

The Gooch
03-22-2005, 02:20 PM
I guess getting off the juice because of testing has decreased his recovery time. Who wants to bet he'll blame his sudden weight loss on his injury?

MoRcHeEbA
03-22-2005, 02:24 PM
atleast his system will be clean by the time they test him now.

RBM
03-22-2005, 02:59 PM
What a fucking joke. I finally draft Bonds on one of my teams and this happens. bah.

BCWWF
03-22-2005, 05:19 PM
Haha that sucks RBM, but year you have to wonder how much this is based on roids

The Miz
03-22-2005, 05:47 PM
Good job reporting the news correctly moron. He says he "may be" out till midseason, nothing is definite yet.

Nervous Ferret
03-22-2005, 08:41 PM
ehhh, that's what I thought they said on ESPN, didn't take time to actually look up the "real story", but yeah, say he "may" be out till midseason

YOUR Hero
03-22-2005, 09:53 PM
He's blaming the media on tiring him out as well. God, I wish he'd just go away.

KingofOldSchool
03-22-2005, 10:11 PM
Haha that sucks RBM, but year you have to wonder how much this is based on roids

I'd say at LEAST 45% of the reason.

That is just my way of being nice about it.

The Miz
03-22-2005, 11:21 PM
Thanks for your expert analysis.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-22-2005, 11:30 PM
You guys see him on SportsCenter? Hilarious. "Me and my family are tired, im tired of it all. You guys have finally done it." Then a member of the media asked "Who's you guys?" then he started pointing at all the reporters going "You, you, you, you" etc. It was hilarious. Hes a huge joke, I hope he just retires and doesnt break Ruths or Aarons record. Surprised he didnt pull the race card in his lastest interview.

YOUR Hero
03-22-2005, 11:33 PM
I didn't Stima, but my buddy told me basically what you just said. I just wish this guy would go away.

Dragon
03-22-2005, 11:34 PM
Yeah, just saw him on the news. Saying how the media has finally brought him and his family down. Then he has his son there who looks real uncomfortable just sitting there and he starts talking about how it is just him and his son now and some shit like that. Then he basically tells the reporters to pick on someone else.

BCWWF
03-23-2005, 02:17 AM
I'm not going to lie, after those interviews last month I have taken a liking to Barry, and honestly he knows that he has the upper hand here, if he decides to retire then baseball loses a great player and the media loses its biggest skapegoat while he relaxes with him millions in privacy.

Supreme Olajuwon
03-23-2005, 03:48 AM
And the angry black man doesn't get to pass the fat white guy.

The Gooch
03-23-2005, 07:23 AM
He's probably tired because his wife has been bitching him out for the last few days. Having his ex-mistress testify about his steriod use must not have been the greatest thing for the wifey-poo.

Knee problems? Perhaps that is related to the extra bulk muscle he's been carrying around the last few years.

Loose Cannon
03-23-2005, 07:49 AM
You guys see him on SportsCenter? Hilarious. "Me and my family are tired, im tired of it all. You guys have finally done it." Then a member of the media asked "Who's you guys?" then he started pointing at all the reporters going "You, you, you, you" etc. It was hilarious. Hes a huge joke, I hope he just retires and doesnt break Ruths or Aarons record. Surprised he didnt pull the race card in his lastest interview.

haha, yea.

YOUR Hero
03-23-2005, 09:59 AM
I'm not going to lie, after those interviews last month I have taken a liking to Barry, and honestly he knows that he has the upper hand here, if he decides to retire then baseball loses a great player and the media loses its biggest skapegoat while he relaxes with him millions in privacy.
My opinion of you goes down after reading remarks like this.

Respect Barry?
Give me a break.

He has no upper hand. If he retires, he's gone and that is that. There is always new things and new people for the media to focus on. He's just so easy, that's why people go to him for interviews because they know he'll overeact and give them something to air or print.

I'm so tired of his act.
What ever reason you have that makes you respect him now... well he's been banging this drum for YEARS, this isn't a new Bonds finally speaking his mind.

I wish he'd take his millions and just go away.

McDoogle
03-23-2005, 01:07 PM
And the angry black HUGELY MUSCULAR man doesn't get to pass the fat white guy.

:y:

BCWWF
03-23-2005, 02:27 PM
Knee problems? Perhaps that is related to the extra bulk muscle he's been carrying around the last few years.
Michael Wilbon said on PTI yesterday that he had talked to Barry way back in 2000 and even then his knee was a problem, its not some excuse he is pulling completely out of the blue.

Your Hero, the word respect wasn't anywhere in my post. I don't know Barry Bonds, all I have known about him is what they report on Sports Center, but then after seeing his complete interview last month I realized how skewed and biased everybody actually was towards him, and the shit he says isn't as rediculous as Jay Mariotti would like you to think. I don't know if he's done steroids, nobody here knows that he's taken steroids, so until it is proven that he is on roids at least I think its unfair to completely hate him just because Jay Mariotti tells me to. If he decides to retire now because of all thats going on, of course its a loss to us because he might be the best baseball player of our lifetime and we will forever lose the chance to watch him play.

BCWWF
03-23-2005, 02:28 PM
By the way, its being speculated by people who know him that he will come back long enough to pass Ruth's record, but that he probably won't last long enough to break Aarons.

The Gooch
03-23-2005, 02:48 PM
Michael Wilbon said on PTI yesterday that he had talked to Barry way back in 2000 and even then his knee was a problem, its not some excuse he is pulling completely out of the blue.

I'm not saying he is pulling this completely out of the blue, I'm saying that he has added a lot of bulk to his body over the last while and that his knees would definitely be the first part of his body to feel it. Running with 20-30 extra pounds on your frame takes its toll.

The fact that he has an amazing on base percentage doesn't help matters.

BCWWF
03-23-2005, 06:20 PM
What do you mean about the on base percentage?

It sounds like his knee's started to get bad around the time he is supposed to have begun steroids, just something out there.

Supreme Olajuwon
03-23-2005, 06:34 PM
I don't know if he's done steroids, nobody here knows that he's taken steroids, so until it is proven that he is on roids at least I think its unfair to completely hate him just because Jay Mariotti tells me to.
Of course you realise you're saying this after he admitted he took steroids albeit "unknowingly", right?

RoXer
03-23-2005, 06:50 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if there was a "quiet suspension" on him. Like the league told him to lay low until the congress/steriods thing blows over (which it won't for a while)

BCWWF
03-23-2005, 06:57 PM
Thats true, but he "unknowingly" used a cream on his legs for a period of time, but what he admitted to isn't something like he's been on human growth hormone for 10 years. But yeah, I should have specified.

Supreme Olajuwon
03-23-2005, 07:06 PM
Also people don't hate Barry because he took steroids, they hate him because he's an asshole.

BCWWF
03-23-2005, 07:32 PM
Thats exactly my point though, nobody here has met him to make their own decision, its like me making conclusions on somebody based on what the IRS tells me.

YOUR Hero
03-23-2005, 08:43 PM
No BCWWF, I make my conclusions based on the responces he gives in interviews.

Gertner
03-23-2005, 11:51 PM
Bonds probably saw how much McGwire got nailed, plus his mistress fucking him over, plus he's been working out like a dog so he doesn't look smaller. He's such a damn joke. He acts like the media just decides "hmmm let's go ruin Bonds life"

BCWWF
03-24-2005, 12:22 AM
Saying the media doesn't target Bonds is pretty rediculous, but that doesn't mean that Bonds didn't ask for it by the way he's treated them in the past

The Outlaw
03-24-2005, 01:36 AM
I'm tired.

YOUR Hero
03-24-2005, 10:07 AM
Of course the media 'targets' Bonds. I already stated that. But it's not like they ask him personal questions, they don't have to. All they need to basically do is say hello and the guy snaps. His little tirades make for good ratings. He is a monkey dancing to their commands and he's either too stupid or too arrogant to realize this.

Gertner
03-24-2005, 02:28 PM
if Gretzky, Roenick, Modano and Lindros were all on roids, do u know who the media would target? Gretzky. why, because he's arguably the best player ever. Same as Bonds. Sure Roenick and Modano and Lindros would be just as guilty, but Gretzky would be ridden more because he's broken all the records. same as Bonds. He's about to break probably sports most important personal record.

BCWWF
03-24-2005, 02:34 PM
I don't think he will anymore (break the HR record that is), but back to the point I guess nothing will come out of me continuing to talk in this. I tend to like a lot of athletes that most people hate (Kobe, TO, AI, Ricky Williams, etc), so for whatever reason, I don't see Bonds as <i>as</i> bad as some people do, he's not a saint but I don't think he's satan either. Regardless, he is one player that I would love to see play live.

MoRcHeEbA
03-24-2005, 04:07 PM
I never hear anyone hating on Kobe or AI

BCWWF
03-24-2005, 07:12 PM
I don't know if you are kidding...but if you're not, well I'm at a loss for words regardless

YOUR Hero
03-24-2005, 09:00 PM
Bonds isn't Satan. Come on. He's just an idiot, an asshole, a loud mouth.