PDA

View Full Version : Should TNA have a 3rd single title?

Saimou
03-23-2005, 11:43 AM
Sorry if there has been a topic about this before, but Iīm new, and I didnīt see a topic about this in about 20 recent pages...

I think there is lot of guys in the roster with no purpose, īcause they donīt fit in X-Division, they have no tag partner, but they are worth pushing. I would like a Intercontinental/US type belt, but bringing back the Hardcore title would also be ok, if they wanted so. So what would you do?

And if this is the 2108212 thread about this, lock this up, and put me ashamed. :)

SuperSlim
03-23-2005, 11:45 AM
I'll put it simple.

no

KingofOldSchool
03-23-2005, 11:49 AM
X-Pac for Women's Champion.

Mike the Metal Ed
03-23-2005, 11:51 AM
Definitely, they need a major title that will actually change hands.

Kane Knight
03-23-2005, 12:00 PM
Why? They don't have enough time to really make three belts viable.

Marcyo
03-23-2005, 12:02 PM
Why? They don't have enough time to really make three belts viable.

unless they start doing two shows a week.

:shifty:

um, forget i said that.

SuperSlim
03-23-2005, 01:10 PM
they have th people needed to make the TNA title and X title totally credible. They screwed up majorly on the TNA title so they still have the X title.

They can make up for the TNA title if they get it of of Jarrett first and work wiht the new champ.

So really they don't need a new one until those two get better credibility. Although the X title is lookin slightly better.

Kane Knight
03-23-2005, 01:18 PM
unless they start doing two shows a week.

:shifty:

um, forget i said that.
CRAZY TALK!

I think Heidenreich is posting on the boards.

KayfabeMan
03-23-2005, 01:34 PM
Nope.

Right now they don't have enough structure, stability or anything else to even control the belts that they have right now. Another belt would flounder around a whole lot, or since it obviously wouldn't be a primarily lighterweight belt (as the X-Division one is) it would be fair game for guys like Nash, etc. - who despite not needing a belt would get one / accept it.

Establish yourself, get your shit together, organize and then worry about belts. They aren't presenting enough credible wrestlers to have another belt. Phi Delta Crap, Buck Quartermaine (who is way past his expiration date - RAW from 1992 called, they want their jobber back) & a whole bunch of others hardly qualify as legitimate competitors.

crash99
03-23-2005, 01:37 PM
The last thing they need is another title. The WWE had so many titles had one point, it watered them down, and now they hardly pay attention to any titles but the world. The same thing could happen in TNA. Just keep the titles they have, and try to make them covented and valuable and it would work just fine.

DaveWadding
03-23-2005, 01:48 PM
Buck Quartermaine (who is way past his expiration date - RAW from 1992 called, they want their jobber back)
How could that happen when RAW didnt premeire until 1993? :p :eek:

Kane Knight
03-23-2005, 01:55 PM
Establish yourself, get your shit together, organize and then worry about belts. They aren't presenting enough credible wrestlers to have another belt. Phi Delta Crap, Buck Quartermaine (who is way past his expiration date - RAW from 1992 called, they want their jobber back) & a whole bunch of others hardly qualify as legitimate competitors.

This is what's really killing them. They're going to war with Muskets against f-18s. Orphans vs the Marines.

You're not going to establish yourself over the WWE with big names. The ones you can get are either has-beens or won't draw in any way (They've got Cena, you've got nash. They win).

You're not going to outplay the WWE unless you can establish yourself with something they DON'T have. Like a credible champion and championship scene. Good wrestlers being used. Good God, they can't even use Jeff HArdy right (And how hard can that be...Find some place high and push him off it!).

Kane Knight
03-23-2005, 01:56 PM
How could that happen when RAW didnt premeire until 1993? :p :eek:
Time travel. You're fat enough to be a Trekkie.

Impact!
03-23-2005, 06:13 PM
Good God, they can't even use Jeff HArdy right (And how hard can that be...Find some place high and push him off it!).
lol

Shadow
03-23-2005, 09:26 PM
Good wrestlers being used. Good God, they can't even use Jeff HArdy right (And how hard can that be...Find some place high and push him off it!).

AH-HAH! Kane Knight agrees with me! Jeff Hardy is a good wrestler! Here's the proof folks!

Kane Knight
03-23-2005, 09:31 PM
AH-HAH! Kane Knight agrees with me! Jeff Hardy is a good wrestler! Here's the proof folks!
BULLSHIT! :shifty:

I think he sucks, I just think he could be used better. :p

KayfabeMan
03-24-2005, 03:02 AM
:lol: I knew something was wrong with what I posted, but I was too tired to think of what it was. Thanks :y:

The One
03-25-2005, 10:54 AM
I know what the thought process behind this is...and while you see it as a solution it is infact nothing but trouble.

I assume the reason your thinking about adding another singles titles is this...guys like Raven. Raven has been with the company for two years now and despite several NWA World Title Shots, he has yet to hold gold in TNA for even one second. It is a bitch no doubt. I think deep down we know that guys like Raven and...er...well I guess guys like Abyss and Hardy along with Outlaw & Dustin etc., but the mid-card guys who arn't X-Division will never hold a title other then maybe a usless tag team run (Styles and Abyss what was that???) Anyway your thinking that if a guy like Raven held a belt it would make him look more credible...now here comes the part where I disagree...

It won't work that way. Let's say, hypothedically they brought in the NWA National Heavyweight Championship (though good god leave the current champ Spyder at home please) and they gave it to, hell let's give it to a "Main Event" guy like DDP to give it instant cred, ok now let's have Monty Brown win it since he hasn't held gold yet...now we have The Alpha Male holding gold and looking like a million bucks...or does he? He is clrearly not up to Jarrett's level (or whoever else might be champ :shifty: ) since he is holding belt #2...and let's face it, in TNA you are either one of three things...one you are an X-Division guy, two you are in a Tag Team, or three you have "Your sights set on the NWA Title". Why bring in something else that just waters down everything. Plus as mentioned before they don't have the time to promote the title, if they get a 2 hour show/replace RAW on Spike maybe, but it just doesn't seem like a good idea to me...

And here is the real kicker. Bringing in a title would help guys like Raven in theory, but Raven has a cult fallowing. He always will. Putting some usless title on him doesn't make him more over, it just makes fans go "OK now Raven has a belt". That is the biggest problem with WWE/WWF they asume just because someone walks to the ring with some gold we will care more about them, since Orlando got the US title has his reactions been any better? No. And if we're sticking to the Raven topic, when Raven held the Hardcore Title did it make people care about him more? No the ECW fans were pissed they he had a joke title, and the casual fans just saw him as another guy holding the 24/7 gag. Adding more titles is the last thing TNA needs to worry about right now. What they should be doing is working on building up someone who is a major dominate force and have him take Jarrett's gold...