PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown Spoilers [Have to highlight to read]

Hardkore Kidd J
03-23-2005, 02:20 PM
SMACKDOWN SPOILERS
by Michael @ 12:27:00 PM on 3/23/2005

I was at Smackdown last night and here are some of the results (not all, since I didn't write it all down). I might be off on the sequence of events, but that's what alcohol will do to you kids (hahahaha).

Show opens with Tazz interviewing Big Show about his upcoming "Sumo match" with Akebono (rhymes nicely with Sonny Bono). Tazz hype's up Akebono's appearance for next week. Luther Reigns comes out driving a Jeep and says that he should be the one facing Akebono, not the Big Show. To prove this, Luther says that he will personally tip over the Jeep onto its side. After a couple of failed attempts, Luther jumps in the ring (while Big Show was laughing at him) and gets chokeslammed. Then, with the crowd urging him on, Big Show attempts to tip over the Jeep. Some of this portion may be edited for TV because Big Show had some difficulties at first. Then, a guy comes out from the back with a jack and lifts up part of the Jeep. Eventually, it's enough for Big Show to tip it over.

Kurt Angle in the back says he's got another "Blast from the Past" for HBK later tonight. Angle is hilarious!!!!!

Scotty Too Hotty was scheduled to wrestle Orlando Jordan, but during the intro Scotty and JBL get into it and ultimately they wrestle each other. After the predictable "worm", JBL kicks out, eventually hits the "clothesline from Hell" and gets the pin.

Hulk Hogan's Hall of Fame promo with footage of WrestleMania IX vs. Yokozuna shows up on the Titantron. I, admittedly, mark out for Hogan. He's "THE MAN" and everybody knows it. Unfortunately, I'm in Memphis where there's more Flair fans than Hulkamaniacs. BTW, lots of "whoooo" chants all night (which is always lots of fun). When I lived up in Chicago the Hogan chants at the Allstate Arena were always loud and strong. I guess Hogan appeals more to "Northerners" (like me) than "Southerners" like Memphis. That's just the way it is folks.

Teddy Long says he's got a treat for Memphis. He says he's got an Elvis impersonator to entertain us. Out comes Carlito Cool trying to sing some Elvis songs. My only question is this:
Where's The Honky Tonk Man when you really need him?

Chavo and Eddie are in the back. Chavo says Eddie should wrestle Rey and Mania.

Undertaker on the TitonTron says that there will be a "sacrifice" tonight to send a message to Randy Orton. All throughout the night during the matches, there's bits and pieces of thunder and lightning as the "threat" of the Undertaker loomed.

Best part of the night. Angle comes out to HBK's music and Sensational Sherri Martel accompanies him. Kurt points out that Sherri was instrumental in Shawn's career early on and even points out that it was Sherri who originally sang his theme song, "Sexy Boy." Kurt says that he can sing it better than HBK. So, they hit the music and Angle and Sherri start singing "Sexy Boy." Angle even dances and poses like HBK. Totally hilarious!!!!! HBK shows up on the Titantron and then rolls out a video montage of HBK's career. At the end Sherri is shown looking "emotional" as if to say, "that's my boy." Angle throws her down and slaps on the ankle lock. Note: Sherri's not looking too good these days, but all the fans at the arena got a nice "nip shot" as she was being carried out after the segment.

During breaks they're airing the WrestleMania Trailers. It goes over big with the crowd.

Dawn Marie beat Mc??. Too quick and not enough "skin" for the Memphis folks. Completely pointless match, too.

Eddie and Rey talk in the back. Eddie poses a challenge to Rey for a match at Mania.

Eddie and Rey defeat Charlie Haas and Hardcore Holly. Afterwards, Rey and Eddie speak in the ring and Rey accepts Eddies challenge at Mania. No heel turn for Eddie.

Carlito in the back being interviewed by Funaki. Funaki grabs Carlito's Elvis shades and Carlito break the guitar over Funaki's head. My only question is this:
Where's The Honky Tonk Man when you really need him?

Booker T. vs. Rene Dupree. In the middle of the match, the lights go out, smoke emits from the ring. Lights come back on and Taker shows up behind Dupree. Taker chokeslams Dupree and then piledrives Dupree on the stairs. (NOTE: during the WrestleMania Trailers, taker sneaked out with other ring workers and sneaked into the ring. I noticed it immediately. It was kinda like finding out that there really is no such thing as Santa Claus).

Cena and JBL "Debate." Teddy Long mediates. Cena entices JBL to throw a punch (so that way Cena would be "allowed" to punch back). Cena spray paints JBL's limo, pours water in his 10 gallon hat, cuts his tie and tries it on, and ultimately spray paints "FU" on his shirt. Lots of quick-witted comments by Cena. Good mic work. Show ends.

After the show, Cena vs. JBL in a non-title match. Match ends with ref bump, chair-shot that backfired on JBL, Cena hits the "FU." Everybody goes home happy.

Overall, good show.

Pops:
Stone Cold Footage
HBK on Titantron
Cena
Taker

Heat:
JBL
Angle

Final note: decent size crowd (maybe 8,000 - 10,000). Could have had more fans, but considering we had a tornado warning in effect, not a bad attendance. Note to WWE: they need to push RVD more when he returns from injury. His new DVD is awesome and selling nicely down here. In fact, I wish Vinnie Mac would bring in Sabu. Now, we're talking "action." My opinion, Sabu should is a wrestling legend.

Have a great day and enjoy Mania.

jerichoholic169
03-23-2005, 02:30 PM
that jeep thing sounds sooo retarded. and taker's sacrifice sounds a bit lame. i was hoping for some kind of sacrifice on his symbol like he did to orlando and stone cold. sounds a fun show at least.

Corkscrewed
03-23-2005, 04:14 PM
LMAO at Angle! Exactly what I hoped would happen. Taker... kinda lame. Lightning and thunder is cool tho.

LOL at Cena. Sounds pretty funny.

Total lack of build up for Eddie. Basically, it's "hey, lets have a match" and then "okay." Genius. :roll:

TerranRich
03-23-2005, 04:55 PM
Man, they've been rolling out the elders lately. Jake Roberts, Marty Jannetty, Sherri Martel...

Where's the Honky Tonk Man when you need him? :lol:

McLegend
03-24-2005, 09:09 PM
Kurt Angle is comdy gold

That HBK impression was dead on

Innovator
03-24-2005, 09:12 PM
Angle is the man

McLegend
03-24-2005, 09:12 PM
:yes:

Innovator
03-24-2005, 09:13 PM
i'll make your ankle hurt

ANKLE HUUUUUUUUUUUURT

McLegend
03-24-2005, 09:15 PM
MAr-ty Jannety still can't walk

:rofl:

Innovator
03-24-2005, 09:17 PM
holy shit, Carlito pulled a Jarrett

McLegend
03-24-2005, 09:19 PM
Yep, but the guitar didn't explode like it does when Double J does it. :-\

Different type of guitar I guess

Gouda
03-24-2005, 09:21 PM
Angle was hilarious.

The "debate" was entertaining as well. Though it's an angle that's been done MANY MANY times.

Innovator
03-24-2005, 09:30 PM
Everyone should chip in 50 cents, we can all buy Taker some dye, hide those gray hairs

Innovator
03-24-2005, 09:44 PM
SHOT AT HHH! WOOOOOOOOOOOO

Nervous Ferret
03-24-2005, 09:53 PM
is this Gucchi?

rofl

Innovator
03-24-2005, 09:55 PM
two poop jokes in one promo

Innovator
03-24-2005, 09:57 PM
Paul just punked out the Dub hardcore

Nervous Ferret
03-24-2005, 09:59 PM
word. Wils'n is gunna rock TNA

McLegend
03-24-2005, 10:02 PM
I love JBL

TerranRich
03-24-2005, 10:20 PM
JBL is on his own level when it comes to talking on the mic. He is, quite simply, awesome.

PullMyFinger
03-24-2005, 10:20 PM
Kurt's HBK segment was way too funny.

Gone Mad
03-24-2005, 10:39 PM
Angle's song = comedy gold.

That had to be the highlight of the show. That and those little blips of Undertaker on the TV screen that happened during the show. All boring matches should have those little blips.

James Steele
03-24-2005, 10:51 PM
I was inspired enough by Kurt Angle (aka THE REAL WRESTLING GOD) that I have changed my gimmick yet again. Too bad the Bob Backlund > You didn't work like I thought it would, but alas the same can be said about my "I am JamesSteele and I approve of this message. " gimmick back in the day. :'(

Corkscrewed
03-24-2005, 11:11 PM
LMAO, it's so obvious they edited in Big Show overturning the jeep after they got the crane to lift. :lol:

Nervous Ferret
03-24-2005, 11:24 PM
^yeah LOL^

Gone Mad
03-25-2005, 12:21 AM
Steele: The Man of a 1,001 Gimmicks.

SuperSlim
03-25-2005, 12:38 AM
Angle was gold and the debate was funny.

Taker was cool until he showed up and shokecslammed and tombstoned. Mainly cause there wasn't a "sacrifice." other than that it was cool.

James Steele
03-25-2005, 12:53 AM
My sister looked at me :wtf: when I screamed at the TV to put Rene on a giant symbol and set him on fire. :lol:

Fox
03-25-2005, 01:06 AM
First Smackdown I've watched in months and now I know why I don't.

HBK-Angle thing was great, and watching Kurt mimic Shawn's entrance was one of the coolest things I've seen on wrestling in awhile.

Nothing else stands out to me. Why is a talent like Charlie Haas tag teaming with Hardcore Holly? Why couldn't they come up with anything better than the "you can't touch me until WrestleMania" angle with JBL and Cena? John has lost all of his edge - he's a joke compared to any of the top faces on RAW. Why did I have to watch S2H do the worm for the millionth time, and why couldn't it have been HIM that Undertaker sacrificed?

Mysterio-Guerrero is going to be a dream come true though.

James Steele
03-25-2005, 01:09 AM
Too bad they have shown it like 3 times already within the past 2 months.

TerranRich
03-25-2005, 01:43 AM
And I don't know what people (as well as Michaels) was talking about when they said Sherri didn't look too good. I thought she looked...well...hot. Better than she used to, in fact, unless my memory is warped, which it sometimes is.

Er, for an older woman. Er, yeah. :naughty: Man, I used to love her...

Kane Knight
03-25-2005, 01:46 AM
Just a suggestion: Use quote blocks so the spoilers can't be moused over. If people click on this link, they're coming in for spoilers anyway. Screw the black font.

Fox
03-25-2005, 01:53 AM
Too bad they have shown it like 3 times already within the past 2 months.

For 5-10 minutes, sure. But they're going to go all out at WrestleMania for nearly 15-20 minutes, and that is a dream come true. I'm just wondering if they can top Halloween Havoc.

El Santo
03-25-2005, 09:42 AM
And I don't know what people (as well as Michaels) was talking about when they said Sherri didn't look too good. I thought she looked...well...hot. Better than she used to, in fact, unless my memory is warped, which it sometimes is.

Er, for an older woman. Er, yeah. :naughty: Man, I used to love her...

I agree. When people were saying she wasn't looking too good, I was expecting Mae Young ugly. She was not looking too bad for a woman her age. (At least, based on how Jake Roberts had let himself go.)

And Sherri was awesome back in the day. She was probably the only "diva" ever who could make a wrestler look legit just by standing next to him.

PullMyFinger
03-25-2005, 12:56 PM
Two straight Smackdowns! that were good...hmmmm

JBL is literally amazing on the mic, and like I said earlier, the Angle segment was way too fucking funny hahahaha

redoneja
03-25-2005, 01:02 PM
HHH needs to take advice from JBL as far as promos go. Right now I'll take Bradshaw over HHH any day of the week. I what JBL about Hunter worked so well because its based in the truth.

Kane Knight
03-25-2005, 01:12 PM
Two straight Smackdowns! that were good...hmmmm

JBL is literally amazing on the mic, and like I said earlier, the Angle segment was way too fucking funny hahahaha
JBL is a promo God.

redoneja
03-25-2005, 01:15 PM
JBL IS a Wrestling GOD!!
Unlike HHh he can stay on top for 10 months w/o having to control what's going on.

RGWhat316
03-25-2005, 04:32 PM
Another good SmackDown this week. Angle is the man as usual. And even though he sucks at singing, the lyrics were comedy gold. "I'm just a sexy Kurt, I'll make your ankle hurt" :lol:

The debate was good as well. I like the shots that JBL and HHH are taking at each other. Plus JBL seems to be coming up with more material than HHH does.

Eddie/Rey should be good. Too bad with their history that they couldn't have this match come together better than the "hey let's have a match" deal like they did. I was really expecting someone to turn to start the feud.

The Undertaker teasers were good as well. Too bad it wasn't much of a sacrifice.

And I'm not much of a fan of Carlito, but he did two hilarious segments in two weeks now. The concession stand last week was great. And Elvis this week was even better. :lol:

Damn, 999 posts. Better make number 1000 a good one.

TerranRich
03-25-2005, 10:01 PM
Oh yeah, I almost forgot, the concession stand bit from last week was funny. I love how Long is trying to humiliate Carlito, but Carlito always manages to find a way to have some fun or relieve some stress (on, say, Funaki) in the process. I hope this leads somewhere. And even if it doesn't... dat's cool. :p