PDA

View Full Version : Soul Caliber III ps2 exclusive

Fignuts
03-26-2005, 03:29 PM
I got the new issue EGM in the mail yesterday, and there is a two page thread on SCIII with pictures and lots of info.

First off, it will not be multi-platform. It will only be coming out for PS2. Which means no exclusive characters. :(

However there are three new characters, as well as everyone from all the previous games. One of the newbies is a chick who uses an umbrella/sword. :wtf: Another is a small chick with large circular blades. And the final one is a black monk with two wierd looking sticks.

Arenas will contain not only breakable walls, but breakable floors.

As per the current fad in fighting games SC3 will let you customize the character's outfits with different items, weapons and colors. But SC takes it a step further with the ability to create your own fighter. (finally! :cool: )

Finally, as far as the storyline goes, Rapheal won the last battle. That's all they've revealed so far.

Discuss away

SuperSlim
03-26-2005, 03:52 PM
all I can say is that I've been waitin for a SCIII for a long time. Sad it won't be on all three systems. I like the special characters for each system. Link>Spawn>PS2 guy.

But still I'll be lookin forward to this one. :D

Funky Fly
03-26-2005, 04:15 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Why must Namco constantly fuck Nintendo fans in the ass?

HeartBreakMan2k
03-26-2005, 04:53 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Why must Namco constantly fuck Nintendo fans in the ass?
"Bend over Mario, take it like a good boy... adda boy :)"

Funky Fly
03-26-2005, 05:03 PM
:'(

Sepholio
03-26-2005, 05:07 PM
Probably because it seems like nintendo is slowly dying, Mr. Fly.

The Destroyer
03-26-2005, 05:15 PM
Sony probably paid them an obscene amount of money to make it exclusive. And if it was a purely due to a dislike of Nintendo then it would be headed for the X-Box as well...

Vietnamese Crippler
03-26-2005, 05:23 PM
It's probably one of those exclusive agreements that will last for a few months.

X-Box and Gamecube will probably get them by the end of the year/early next year.

Funky Fly
03-26-2005, 05:23 PM
Sony probably paid them an obscene amount of money to make it exclusive. And if it was a purely due to a dislike of Nintendo then it would be headed for the X-Box as well...
Well yeah, but I hate it when a series that is multiplatform goes exclusive. It only hurts the consumers in the end.

Funky Fly
03-26-2005, 05:28 PM
It's probably one of those exclusive agreements that will last for a few months.

X-Box and Gamecube will probably get them by the end of the year/early next year.
Hopefully. I'd hate to get gyped out of a perfectly good fighting game (something the GC is severely hurting for).

Even if it's only a few months, it's still annoying though.

Jonster
03-26-2005, 05:52 PM
Well yeah, but I hate it when a series that is multiplatform goes exclusive. It only hurts the consumers in the end.
Because Soul Calibur and Soul Blade were multiplatform.

But you are right :)

Scarface
03-26-2005, 06:41 PM
Cool Raphael won the tourny. I use him. Also Heihachi was an awesome exclusive for me due to me loving tekken. Looking forward to No. 3.

Funky Fly
03-26-2005, 10:38 PM
Because Soul Calibur and Soul Blade were multiplatform.

But you are right :)
It went multiplatform for 2, so it counts. :mad:

Jaton
03-30-2005, 03:35 PM
I hate Raphael. He's lame.