PDA

View Full Version : TPWW on my PSP

AareDub
03-28-2005, 04:36 PM
Surfing the web on your psp seems like the cool thing to do these days. So behold, TPWW on my PSP...

(would've had more pics, but my site is still being retarded)

OssMan
03-28-2005, 08:28 PM
can you type and all? and does it have an mp3 player and stuff

Xero
03-28-2005, 08:40 PM
I'm assuming that you need to have a wireless router or be in a hot spot to get online, right? Also, does it come with it's own browser?

AareDub
03-28-2005, 08:46 PM
Yea, I have a wireless network here at the house. It does not come with it's own browser however. Getting online is done by using an exploit in Wipeout Pure. I thought people would be more interested in this thread, but I guess most people don't realize what a feat it was lol.

@Assman
Yea it plays mp3s, but it the speakers on it suck. The headphones have do have amazing sound though. Oh, and the way you type is similar to a cell phone. It has a number pad on screen with letters on the numbers.

Boomer
03-28-2005, 08:58 PM
So, in other words, if you typed the message above me on your PSP, you'd have been either really stupid or really bored?

Bad Company
03-28-2005, 09:20 PM
Very Cool.

It hasn't been released here yet though :(

AareDub
03-28-2005, 10:17 PM
So, in other words, if you typed the message above me on your PSP, you'd have been either really stupid or really bored?

Yea. I was going to make a very short post on here from my psp, but seeing as the internet thing is just an exploit it's VERY buggy. That first page with the login thing was as far as I could get.

HeartBreakMan2k
03-28-2005, 10:43 PM
Yea, I have a wireless network here at the house. It does not come with it's own browser however. Getting online is done by using an exploit in Wipeout Pure. I thought people would be more interested in this thread, but I guess most people don't realize what a feat it was lol.

@Assman
Yea it plays mp3s, but it the speakers on it suck. The headphones have do have amazing sound though. Oh, and the way you type is similar to a cell phone. It has a number pad on screen with letters on the numbers.
Ipod speakers work great on the PSP however. Learned that at work yesterday :D And yes, browsing the net on the PSP is a lot easier than Sony thought it would be

AareDub
03-28-2005, 10:57 PM
Yea, I'm hoping now that Sony will realize this and just release a browser for it. They may have been planning to anyway, but I think they should do it either way now.

HeartBreakMan2k
03-28-2005, 11:01 PM
Yea, I'm hoping now that Sony will realize this and just release a browser for it. They may have been planning to anyway, but I think they should do it either way now.
They've actually been working on a browser since the Jap release. They've got a browser, word processor, spreadsheet and TV tuner software set to release. No date is set, but the program is done with just some bugs to work out.

Triple A
03-28-2005, 11:15 PM
Nice.

Shaggy
03-29-2005, 12:29 AM
lol....all the hype that people were talking about this and yet it hasnt sold out anywhere that I have gone. Every store that I have been to seems to have them.

It might be pretty cool to get on TPWW with that if it worked right. Sad thing is that I just wouldnt have the patience to sit back and press buttons for 30 minutes to make a 10 sentence paragraph.

Gouda
03-29-2005, 12:32 AM
They've got a PSP keyboard too. Kinda like those ones for a Palm Pilot.

DS
03-29-2005, 12:34 AM
Just because it isn't sold out doesn't mean it didn't sell like it was suppose to. Sony just put out enough.

Gonzo
03-29-2005, 12:38 AM
Sold out anywhere I've went. Wal-Mart only allowed 1 per customer because of high demand. I wouldn't say that its not selling well.

HeartBreakMan2k
03-29-2005, 12:40 AM
lol....all the hype that people were talking about this and yet it hasnt sold out anywhere that I have gone. Every store that I have been to seems to have them.

It might be pretty cool to get on TPWW with that if it worked right. Sad thing is that I just wouldnt have the patience to sit back and press buttons for 30 minutes to make a 10 sentence paragraph.
We sold out (us as a district I mean, 75 stores) of every single one of the unit we recieved.

SuperSlim
03-29-2005, 09:26 AM
don't forget the rocket high prices as well.

Kane Knight
03-29-2005, 11:02 AM
Just because it isn't sold out doesn't mean it didn't sell like it was suppose to. Sony just put out enough.
*coughbullshit*

Kane Knight
03-29-2005, 11:04 AM
Sold out anywhere I've went. Wal-Mart only allowed 1 per customer because of high demand. I wouldn't say that its not selling well.
@ the Wal-Mart here, they've still got something like 30 units. I asked the of the cashiers (Used to work with her when I was 15).

Gamestop, also has a few. Less than the 30 at Wal-Mart, but not bad for something that's "selling well." GS in Keene is similar. I don't know about other shops, because I'm not specifically looking at sales figures.

Silent
03-29-2005, 11:57 AM
I really want a PSP, but I'm about $235 short at this point. :p

DS
03-29-2005, 11:58 AM
*coughbullshit*
lol yeah

Fignuts
03-29-2005, 04:42 PM
It's not going to sell out in backwater shit towns, where 95% of the population is working just above minimum.

AareDub
03-30-2005, 11:13 AM
It's sold out like a mofo here. The GameStops around here already have several reservations on their next shipment.

Team Sheep
03-30-2005, 11:31 AM
Anyone know when that baby's out in the UK?

Tornado
03-30-2005, 02:20 PM
Sony said they've pushed the UK Launch back "several months".

Team Sheep
03-30-2005, 03:57 PM
That's stupid on their part. Most people will probably get fed up of waiting now and just go for the DS.

AareDub
03-31-2005, 01:45 AM
I heard that the UK release was pushed back so they could put more out in the US. I know when I was still working at the store we were already taking reservations on the 2nd shipment, but then we found out that both shipments would arrive on the launch day.

If people get the DS instead of waiting for a PSP they will be sorely disappointed when the PSP finally does come out.

Kane Knight
04-03-2005, 05:03 PM
It's not going to sell out in backwater shit towns, where 95% of the population is working just above minimum.
Howabout round here, where the average yearly is above 30K?

Kane Knight
04-03-2005, 05:05 PM
I heard that the UK release was pushed back so they could put more out in the US. I know when I was still working at the store we were already taking reservations on the 2nd shipment, but then we found out that both shipments would arrive on the launch day.

If people get the DS instead of waiting for a PSP they will be sorely disappointed when the PSP finally does come out.
http://money.cnn.com/2005/03/31/technology/personaltech/psp_sales/?cnn=yes

LOL

People are going to be severely disappointed if they settle for a DS when half the systems stocked failed to sell.

YOUR Hero
04-03-2005, 11:29 PM
That's pretty cool. Not sold on these things though.

Tornado
04-04-2005, 12:59 PM

Yeah I heard that also. We sold out at work pretty quickly, and people have been getting a DS when they hear it's gonna be June/July till we see the PSP in the UK.