PDA

View Full Version : When did you stop watching Power Rangers?

Shaggy
03-30-2005, 01:59 AM
So far there has been 13 seasons of Power Rangers and its still going. Of course when it loses some fans it gains some more. Usually it loses some fans because the kids grow up and its not considered "The Cool Thing" anymore.

I was just looking over at TVtome and reading over the notes of some of the old episodes and It brought back alot of old memories. While looking over the episodes I figured out where I stopped watching and I was wondering if the same went for most people here. If it was one series that ruined it or something.....

so vote for what season you stopped watching the power rangers on....

For me it was somewhere near the middle of Turbo

KayfabeMan
03-30-2005, 04:31 AM
I remember seeing the first movie when it came out and being like :drool:

But they never even gave that time to develop before they fucked it all up and made a quick / senseless change once again. I think I tuned out sometime during Turbo as well. It wasn't because it wasn't really 'cool' anymore or whatever, but just because all of the storylines were like shit at that point - and they changed stuff every week.

KayfabeMan
03-30-2005, 04:32 AM
Also, just to clarify about the above, I watched the show itself from the beginning, but I think from the first movie is where it started going downhill.

deathtrap
03-30-2005, 05:03 AM
When Tommy changed colour.

Billy and Zack were the best ones.

deathtrap
03-30-2005, 05:04 AM
So, from my knowledge, it seems that I am still watching it.

Mike the Metal Ed
03-30-2005, 06:50 AM
It went shit when they changed the cast for the first time.

Dave Youell
03-30-2005, 07:11 AM
I don't understand the question, Stop watching? Man what are you smoking

Sephiroth
03-30-2005, 08:06 AM
I stopped watching when Season 3 started.

Disturbed316
03-30-2005, 08:39 AM
I think I stopped watching after Tommy had turn into the White Ranger and had the Tiger-megazord. I have the figure of that somewhere :cool:

Bo
03-30-2005, 09:02 AM
When they got cars is what did it for me. :|

diothoir
03-30-2005, 09:16 AM
Towards the end of Series 2 I think. Either then or after the movie.

Hated all the new people coming in. :$

Scarface
03-30-2005, 10:21 AM
When they went into space to search for Zordon. I just never bothered after that.

Sickboy
03-30-2005, 10:35 AM
I have probably never watched more than 2-3 episodes

Gouda
03-30-2005, 11:20 AM
I think I stopped watching after the second cast came and they all changed powers for a second time.

Team Sheep
03-30-2005, 11:43 AM
My brother always watched it, but I was never interested in the slightest. Ninja Turtles = :yes:

samichna
03-30-2005, 12:28 PM
I never really watched it.

Innovator
03-30-2005, 01:13 PM
After the first movie

Sepholio
03-30-2005, 02:21 PM
I stopped watching it directly following season 4.

I saw like 2 episodes of season 5 (turbo) and it sucked balls.

Season 4 was definately my favorite though.

DaveWadding
03-30-2005, 03:26 PM
After the cast started changing.

Gouda
03-30-2005, 03:49 PM
Lord Zed and Rita Repulsa ruled all. I think when I stopped watching was when they left and they brought in this new villian.... Clock King? I don't know.

The Answer
03-30-2005, 05:14 PM
Pretty much after the original cast disbanded

packt up
03-30-2005, 06:26 PM
lol is it still going?! Those last few names sound so shitty.

I watched 3 or 4 episodes I guess from either the 1st or 2nd series then I found it really boring.

Savio
03-30-2005, 07:13 PM
Watched the first season then my brother said it was uncool. I think I saw one or 2 episodes after that. last thing I remember was they took away the green ranger for some reason. Wasn't he evil then turned good?

tucsonspeed6
03-30-2005, 07:15 PM
I'm not going to say anything that'll get me a bad rep.....

Needless to say, I don't recall watching more than a couple eps and I only gave it a couple because I wanted to give it a fair chance.

slextremely
03-30-2005, 09:48 PM
I quit watching when the White Ranger came along, it got ridiculous after that.

Boondock Saint
03-30-2005, 10:17 PM
Oh man. I was big into Power Rangers when they first came on.

I remember sticking with it somewhere through Season 4 (Zeo). Jason came back as the Gold Ranger...that's about where I stopped.

I recently saw an episode of one of the newer seasons, and instead of Zordon they had a hamster. It was pretty ROFL

Gone Mad
03-30-2005, 11:10 PM
I loved the damn show, as much as Ninja Turtles when it first came out. I stayed with it until Turbo, and by then, I was too old to still be watching this everyday and yeah.... it was horrible. A kid as a Power Ranger? Pu-freakin' lease! Don't get me started on that and the constantly changing cast and the wussifying of Lord Zed.

I still watch Power Rangers if I catch it on, but not religiously like before where I skipped school to see it and now it's for the hot girls, like the new blonde girl. Wow.

And Tommy = Da Man! I so wish I was that guy, esp. while he was with Kimberly.

Flair1672
03-30-2005, 11:18 PM
I stopped watching when Tommy left, I think it was when they went to space.

Shaggy
03-30-2005, 11:53 PM
I was just reading the notes on the show on TV tome website and its funny about some of the stuff you find out about the show.

There were like two or three episodes where all the footage with Jason and one other person was all old footage. Austin St. John (Jason) had a problem with the production department and stopped doing the show so they took old footage of him and put it on the screen and then for the action sequences they used old voice footage or a different actor.

Also in one of the episodes that is on VHS now....It has the word Seasons in the title is all I know off the top of my head.....It was revealed that Katherine married Tommy and then there was a deleted segment that showed that Skull actually married Kimberly.

Hitman84
03-31-2005, 04:25 AM
When I was little, Power Rangers ruled! Green Ranger was always my favourite. He had the coolest Zord :lol: Why he had to lose his powers was beyond me. Agreed it made for some good stories, but he could have remained as the Green Ranger without changing to White.

I remember all the hype surrounding the White Ranger, and being pleased when it turned out to be Tommy, but the stories went really crap from here and I stopped watching shortly after they got the Ninja powers in series 3:
a) because the stories were getting worse and worse
b) I was getting older and my parents would take the piss out of me for watching children's TV :'( ;)

SuperSlim
03-31-2005, 09:14 AM
I watched some of the third season but the last full season I watched was the second season. that junk was hot and cheesy :D

Gouda
03-31-2005, 10:35 AM
SPD.... STD? Power Rangers STD? That's not for kids! :|

Arashi Kage
03-31-2005, 12:30 PM
13 seasons.... :eek:

How has that show managed to survive for so long? I remember watching it back in '93/94, and I honestly thought that the whole power rangers thing died off a long, long time ago.

I do remember that a local karate school had the guy who played the Green Ranger come up here once.

Shaggy
03-31-2005, 02:29 PM
I have watched a few episodes of the newer version just to see what they were like. There is definently alot more wire work in them. The other day I downloaded a Wild Force episode called "Forever Red" It had all 10 red rangers in it from all the past shows. I thought it was pretty cool. I wish they sould do it with the other colors but somewhere I heard that Amy Jo Johnson didnt want anything to do with Power Rangers any more. She said that it ruined her whole career.

Evil Vito
03-31-2005, 03:42 PM
I have watched a few episodes of the newer version just to see what they were like. There is definently alot more wire work in them. The other day I downloaded a Wild Force episode called "Forever Red" It had all 10 red rangers in it from all the past shows. I thought it was pretty cool. I wish they sould do it with the other colors but somewhere I heard that Amy Jo Johnson didnt want anything to do with Power Rangers any more. She said that it ruined her whole career.

<font color=goldenrod>Damn shame, Amy Jo was hot. I doubt they'd do it with other colors though because I'm sure there's others who want no part in it any more. Also, I do believe that the original yellow ranger died a few years ago.

I stopped watching in like 3rd grade anyway.</font>

Nervous Ferret
03-31-2005, 03:45 PM
uuhhh you mean it's not cool anymore? What are you talking ABOUT? THE WHOLE WORLD IS FULL OF LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

DaveBrawl
03-31-2005, 05:52 PM
I think I saw a couple episodes of season 4. I must have seen some seeing as how I have the song from when they changed to the rangers, but I don't remember any of the storys or characters. I remember Lor Zed and Rita getting married or something and then getting sent away. After that just the song that went Zeo Zeo go go power rangers.

Fox
03-31-2005, 09:57 PM
I distinctly remember watching the second movie with my best friend, and right in the middle of it, we both agreed that it was really boring and really fucking lame, and we walked out. I think that's the last time I was interested in Power Rangers.

Savio
04-01-2005, 08:34 PM
Ha ha powerrangers in space reminds me of "limo zeen" in space.

Lotus
04-02-2005, 02:12 AM
I'm pretty sure I stopped after season 3. Didn't watch the first one, then caught the next two, I think. Maybe only one. Then I saw them live with Silent, and I stopped watching them after that.

John la Rock
04-03-2005, 04:12 PM
I thought it got cancelled after season 5 or so

M. Banana
04-03-2005, 05:41 PM
I still watch it..

SPD is the shit.

The Yellow Ranger's haought.

:y:

Zelda
04-03-2005, 06:43 PM
The guy who lived next door always invited me over to play with the megazord that he bought so I watched a couple of episodes but I didn't like it. I didn't tell the guy because I didn't want to hurt his feelings. :o

Hitman84
04-14-2005, 04:37 AM
Power Rangers was cool :y: :lol:

Plus Amy Jo Johnson, the only real Pink Ranger, is soooo hot :drool:

Dark-Slicer Diago
04-14-2005, 11:23 AM
Hitman I agree with you 100%

Hitman84
04-14-2005, 11:30 AM
My two fave Power Rangers were Kimberly because Amy Jo Johnson is gorgeous (I never tire of saying that!) and Tommy as the Green Ranger because he had the best Zord, the nicest of the Power Coins and looked really cool in that gold shield! :lol: