Dark

Brent Albright & ? b Eddie Craven & Mike Fox

Velocity for overseas only
Akio b Nunzio
Mark Jindrak b Billy Kidman
Luther Reigns b Biohazard under his real name
Bob Holly & Charlie Haas b Russell "Psycho" Simpson & Jared Steele

Smackdown

Paul London is the new cruiserweight champ. They had a Battle Royal instead of a match since Chavo can't work because of his eye injury. Chavo was in the match and thrown right out. London skinned the cat on Kidman to win. Others involved were Nunzio, Funaki, Akio, Spike and one other guy.

Doug Basham b Eddie Guerrero - Mysterio tried to help when Danny was intefering. He screwed up and Eddie was mad

Booker T b Luther Reigns. This was a backdrop to get Sharmell over more than Booker

Bob Orton Jr. came out and got on his hands and knees and begged the Undertaker not to destroy his son. Undertaker had no such mercy. Of course, Randy came from behind and RKO'd him. Bob laughed.

Danny Basham b Mysterio - I'll bet you can figure out the drill by now

Kurt Angle did the Angle slam and ankle lock on poor Josh Mathews since Josh apparently was a fan of Shawn Michaels growing up. No Shawn on this show.

Akebono and Big Show had a weigh-in. The worked weights were 493 and 504 respectively.

Akebono b Eddie Vegas. This was his first pro match,and it wasn't even in Japan where it would mean big ratings. 58 seconds and short enough that it wasn't bad.

John Cena NC Carlito. JBL came out with police officers in the middle of the match to arrest Cena for vandalism. He was taken out. Well, hopefully he can raise the bail money by Sunday.

Of course, in Houston, he made bail in seconds, and Teddy Long gave the people Wrestlemania early in a dark match. They went 15:00, non-title, FU and it's over. People were super into Cena, more than anyone else on the show, and were on their feet the entire match. However, I was also told without a hot crowd, this match is terrible.
-----------------

Yessssssssssssss London is champ!

Booooooooooooo Why couldn't they have done this at mania? Stupid WWE!

Loving the Orton's thing

Please don't turn Eddie Heel

How much more do they want Cena to look like Austin? I mean really!

den1982
03-30-2005, 03:23 AM
bob orton jr come out begged the undertaker not to kill randy wwe did something right for a chang

addy2hotty
03-30-2005, 05:08 AM
Randy now needs help from his dad? So much for the 'legend killer'. He should have RKO'd Cowboy Bob as well as he was laughing. That would have been right. And would have boosted Randy up into a true 'uncaring, win-at-all costs' heel.

Corkscrewed
03-30-2005, 05:30 AM
maybe this means he will win after all... Tipsters is gonna be tough because of all the double thinking I'll be doing on each match. :-\

Dave Youell
03-30-2005, 07:14 AM
maybe this means he will win after all... Tipsters is gonna be tough because of all the double thinking I'll be doing on each match. :-\
Which makes it a decent show, this one is pretty unpredictable

diothoir
03-30-2005, 07:58 AM
Why the fuck did they have London win the title now? :|

Either do the battle royale at Wrestlemania or even better, wait for Chavo to heal up and have a proper fued.

SuperSlim
03-30-2005, 08:01 AM
well SD! at least sounds watchcable

El Santo
03-30-2005, 09:18 AM
Looks like they're teasing a heel turn for either Eddie ... or Rey. It'll be tough to turn either one. Wonder if they'll pull it off at Wrestlemania, a la the Jericho turn at WM XIX?

The cruiserweight championship may have been nice at WM21, but with the suddenness of it all, it would have seemed tacked on. Ther only way I could have seen it done would be end the Smackdown match with a controversial finish, then have the two finalists duke it out at Wrestlemania. But even that seems rather hasty.

Hardkore Kidd J
03-30-2005, 10:36 AM
It looks like Bob Orton and Randy set up the Undertaker. And I would have preferred to have London win the title at Mania. But I'm a a total London fan. So I didn't care when he got it as long as he got it. And he got it. Parts of Smackdown seem watchable. My problem also was during that Cruiserweight match in the middle of it they show a JBL backstage segment.:rant:

Loose Cannon
03-30-2005, 11:15 AM
Yes, "Ace" is on the show. I hope he came out in the cast :lol:

AareDub
03-30-2005, 11:16 AM

Yea, a lot of people say the match will be boring, but it's the one I'm looking forward to the most (except for the ladder match). I'll be on the edge of my seat for all the 2 counts going nuts to see the way they end this one.

EDIT:
Forgot to mention... PAUL LONDON!!! WOOOOO!!!!!

KingofOldSchool
03-30-2005, 11:25 AM
I want to see an HBK/Razor Ramon type thing with Chavo and London.

Have London come out with the belt for a while, then when Chavo returns he comes out with another cruiserweight title and claims he is the real champion since he was never defeated for it.

Then we can have the blowoff in a ladder match.

Ruien
03-30-2005, 01:50 PM
Booker is finally getting the push he needs.

Shaggy
03-30-2005, 02:06 PM
Russell "Psycho" Simpson is on Velocity.....WOW....just saw him a few weeks back because he used to wrestle at the promotion here in Houston. His gimmick was alot like Eugene's except he did it before Eugene had it. Wonder if he has that on the show...Guess I cant miss Velocity this week.

Crashnburn
03-30-2005, 02:41 PM
Russell "Psycho" Simpson is on Velocity.....WOW....just saw him a few weeks back because he used to wrestle at the promotion here in Houston. His gimmick was alot like Eugene's except he did it before Eugene had it. Wonder if he has that on the show...Guess I cant miss Velocity this week.

He's appeared on Velocity before. He's also appeared on Heat and Raw. He use to wrestle here in Austin as well.

All hail the new CW Champ, Paul "Please Don't Die" London.

RGWhat316
03-30-2005, 02:46 PM
Unfortunately, we in the US don't get Velocity this week. I've heard the Hall of Fame is being broadcast Saturday night in its timeslot.

London winning the title is cool. But since it was a Battle Royal, it might not make him seem credible enough since anyone can win a Battle Royal. Eddie will probably stay face. His character has gotten the way it has by heel tactics, so I think Rey may be the one turning. Though it would be interesting to see a heel Mysterio. So much for Big Show being down to 470 pounds. And I've said that Cena is the next Austin. Looks like another case of that being true.

Shaggy
03-30-2005, 02:46 PM
He's appeared on Velocity before. He's also appeared on Heat and Raw. He use to wrestle here in Austin as well.

I must of missed it when it happened before......but then again I dont watch Heat all the time.

Corndad
03-30-2005, 03:31 PM
Just to let everyone know according to the Spoilers on www.prowrestling.com Tazz was replaced by Jerry "the King" Lawler

TerranRich
03-30-2005, 04:22 PM
Oh. Great replacement.

The Answer
03-30-2005, 05:13 PM
I gotta watch that Taker/ Bob Orton segment

the_rock's_#1_fan
03-30-2005, 06:06 PM
They could have had Teddy Long come out to the ring and say that since Chavo has an injury that will cause him to be out of action indefinitely, he was forced to vacate the CW title, and that there would be a CW battle royal for the title at Mania...at least then the CW title would have had a chance at gaining some value, but now it's just basically gone down the drain, because it switches hands so quickly, like every 2-3 months or so, making it seemingly the most worthless of all the belts right now. No offense, I'm just stating facts here, folks.

James Steele
03-30-2005, 06:36 PM
SWEET! My cousin was on Velocity.

:shifty:

Corkscrewed
04-01-2005, 12:15 AM
They could have had Teddy Long come out to the ring and say that since Chavo has an injury that will cause him to be out of action indefinitely, he was forced to vacate the CW title, and that there would be a CW battle royal for the title at Mania...at least then the CW title would have had a chance at gaining some value, but now it's just basically gone down the drain, because it switches hands so quickly, like every 2-3 months or so, making it seemingly the most worthless of all the belts right now. No offense, I'm just stating facts here, folks.
How is 2-3 months so quickly? Heck, before JBL, that was about the average title reign of a WWE Champ, and it's about the average title reign period... so http://tpww.net/forums/images/smilies/wtf.gif

But yeah, they are treating it as a joke. This would be much better as a match at the PPV. :(

Shadow
04-01-2005, 12:59 AM
Looks like they're teasing a heel turn for either Eddie ... or Rey. It'll be tough to turn either one. Wonder if they'll pull it off at Wrestlemania, a la the Jericho turn at WM XIX?

What heel turn? He was heel throughout that fued. And it was great. This....isn't.

Kane Knight
04-01-2005, 02:01 AM
Just to let everyone know according to the Spoilers on www.prowrestling.com (http://www.prowrestling.com) Tazz was replaced by Jerry "the King" Lawler
Which he was.

Kane Knight
04-01-2005, 02:04 AM
Looks like they're teasing a heel turn for either Eddie ... or Rey. It'll be tough to turn either one.
Either way, it looks like it's going to get bitter. I'd like to see them both stay face and tease heel for a while. What looks like an honest argument then explodes.

If only they had started this angle further back, so that this could be built up for WMXXI.