PDA

View Full Version : Real Pro Wrestling (New TV Show)

Shaggy
03-30-2005, 01:56 PM
http://www.realprowrestling.com/

I got a call from my dad a few minutes ago and he told me to go to the website that I posted above. He said he heard an ad on the radio talking about it and told me I should check out the site.

Basically it looks like the olympic/highschool style wrestling...grecko roman...(sure I spelt that wrong) except its with all the flashy stuff that WWE has.

Havnt watched it yet of course because it just started Saturday or Sunday I think...but there is an episode on today about the same time that Impact comes on FSN. Check out the website.

TerranRich
03-30-2005, 02:23 PM
Nice, it's on FSN in about half an hour. I'll TiVo it and see how it is.

Gouda
03-30-2005, 02:56 PM
Some of those guys sure have funny last names!

PorkSoda
03-30-2005, 03:28 PM
I seen this a couple days ago. I was kind of impatient with the introductions so I didn't watch it.

Its basically olympic style wrestling as mentioned above. They must think the OTHER kind of wrestling is fake. Oh, so the wrestling these people do is real? SO THE PLASTIC SURGERY MICHEAL JACKSON HAD WAS REAL AND BRITANNY SPEARS' WAS FAKE? Micheal Jackson might as well create a show named "Real Plastic Surgery" or something.

TerranRich
03-30-2005, 04:24 PM
What?

I just thought of something. Will there be stoylines and angles and backstage segments and viggnettes, and the whole nine yards? If not, then it's basically juts a glamorized version of amateur wrestling.

Oh, and I forgot to TiVo it earlier.

Marcyo
03-30-2005, 07:16 PM
Think wrestling on TV, and many baby boomers conjure up images of another era -- the Iron Sheik and his dreaded camel clutch; Rowdy Roddy Piper and his infamous sleeper hold.

But these days, the past is no longer the future -- thanks to Sunday's debut of Real Pro Wrestling, a made-for-TV tournament featuring athletes who are as real as the competition.

And, they actually wrestle.

They wanna get lawsuit, that's just the way to go. :y:

KayfabeMan
03-30-2005, 07:27 PM
I caught it the other day during the original airing (halfway in), and then watched it again today to tape it. Cool concept. I think it'll be a niche program, kinda like boxing and stuff, but it might also catch a lot of other people who are like "cool, look at the stuff they're doing".

It should get even better as it goes along, and hopefully they'll do more episodes - as I know that there are only 8 slated to air right now. There won't be storylines and all of that, but it'll be good to see some more attention put on an otherwise dying sport.

darkpower
04-01-2005, 03:29 AM
Yeah, but did you hear the radio spot they were running to plug this thing? Might be viewed as a slap in the face of the WWE, TNA, ROH, and those other "fake" promotions.

And I saw the show, or what little I could watch of it. It was some guy talking over top of the match telling you what happened as they showed highlights of the match. C'mon, guys, I know you want us to believe that you're the Godsent of wrestling with your radio spots, but at least let us get INTO a match instead of you narrorators KILLING any excitment we could get from this.

KayfabeMan
04-01-2005, 06:54 AM
Yeah, but did you hear the radio spot they were running to plug this thing? Might be viewed as a slap in the face of the WWE, TNA, ROH, and those other "fake" promotions.

This is nothing new.

Newspapers, television networks, radio stations, and just about all other media outlets often refer to pro-wrestling as fake on their own [and have done so for many decades now]. These guys are just pushing the fact that it's not the fake stuff, but rather the sport - instead of the business.

Pretty much happens to promotions all the time, so I'm sure they're used to it by now, and really don't care what the people from RPW, etc. have to say.

Shaggy
04-01-2005, 10:54 AM
I thought it was funny to watch all of them because unlike in WWE where everyone is big and all build up or atleast evenly muscled....in Reap Pro Wrestling you have guys that are like tiny and then with this huge ass muscle body....sorta reminds me of a miniature Big Poppa Pump