PDA

View Full Version : ah!?!?!?!? Why the hell did Edge win?!?!?!

BigDaddyCool
04-04-2005, 07:10 PM
Fucking should have been Christian.

KayfabeMan
04-04-2005, 07:11 PM
Lita should have been fucking Christian.

:shifty:

Gouda
04-04-2005, 07:16 PM
I concur. Either Christian or Benjamin should have won. It would have helped establish them. Especially since they could build it up for a long time.

Shadow
04-04-2005, 07:18 PM
Fucking should have been Christian.

To piss you and the rest of us off.

Innovator
Shelton didn't need the win, he's established himself by how he performed in the match. If he keeps going, he can be huge this year.

John la Rock
makes sense for Edge winning. his character for the last 4 months or so has been "bitching about the title shot"

Marcyo
04-04-2005, 07:20 PM
Yeah, like Edge deserves a world title shot. If the WWE team had any brains, he'd be jobbing on Heat. And what's more, he steals the title shot from Shelton/Christian? What were the bookers smoking? :wtf:

Gouda
04-04-2005, 07:22 PM
Shelton didn't need the win, he's established himself by how he performed in the match. If he keeps going, he can be huge this year.

Performances mean shit if you don't get some high profile wins.

Eunos
04-04-2005, 07:27 PM
Edge did sweet fuck all in the match, Even Tomko did more.

But it was obvious he was gonna win.

Plus it gets me extra Tipster points.

SammyG
04-04-2005, 08:08 PM
I think it was a good move to have edge win, does christian look like he can challenege for the belt at all? he is treated like shit, and he doesnt deserve that, but edge was the obvious choice

PullMyFinger
04-04-2005, 08:13 PM
I'm actually interested in a Shelton/Christian feud now.

Jericho should also feud with Edge.

Kane Knight
04-04-2005, 08:16 PM
To piss off mulletted Republicans.

So true. Chelton MADE that match.

Kane Knight
04-04-2005, 08:16 PM
I'm actually interested in a Shelton/Christian feud now.

Jericho should also <s>feud with</s> murder Edge.

Kane Knight
04-04-2005, 08:17 PM
Come on, he should shoot on Edge, and say he was fucking a bottom feeding trashbag...You know.

KayfabeMan
04-04-2005, 08:20 PM
That's fair.

Edge shoots on Lita, Jericho shoots on Edge.

Kane Knight
04-04-2005, 09:23 PM
That's fair.

Edge shoots on Lita, Jericho shoots on Edge.

I thought Coepland botched the facial.

Bo
04-04-2005, 10:15 PM
I guess its compensation for Edge not being at mania for 3 years.

And yeah Christian shoulda got it.

Dave Youell
04-05-2005, 05:47 AM
Out of everyone in that match Edge was the last guy I wanted to win, if anyone there needed the win is was Christian, he deseveres the push. This won't help Edges push, the fans really don't care that much about him and they have been ramming him down our mouth for too long.

Really a shame

jerichoholic169
04-05-2005, 05:53 AM
this was the perfect opportunity to give Christian his big push and give him a shot at being a main-eventer. Instead they give it to that ass-clown edge who the fans geniunely hate nowadays anyway after the whole lita thing. So much for him being 'punished' over that.

Hopefully Christian won't be put back down to IC level again - he should be higher. Maybe with RKO gone for 6 months he can be pushed up as a 3rd main heel. Or send him to Smackdown to fued with Cena - more battle rapping please!!

Dave Youell
04-05-2005, 05:54 AM
Hopefully Christian won't be put back down to IC level again - he should be higher. Maybe with RKO gone for 6 months he can be pushed up as a 3rd main heel. Or send him to Smackdown to fued with Cena - more battle rapping please!!
Both those ideas are great :y:

Savio
04-05-2005, 07:16 AM
What and just leave edge out of the title scene all together? Edge needs to have one title shot before he can get out of the main event with it making sence. Its not in edges character to say "Can you dig it sucka!?" or more importantly "Oh I lost I guess I'll not try now. And who know Christian may face batista at Backlash. Nah just kidding HHH will.

Afterlife
04-05-2005, 10:03 AM
First of all, Edge and Lita having their little affair has nothing to do with who deserves a title shot. There's a line between Professional and Personal. That's why "Edge" has a title shot contract and "Adam Copeland" is an adulterer.

To the point....

I do agree with everyone, tho; it shoulda been the Captain. Hell, I damn near put money on it. Benjamin was surely not going to win. Benoit was not going to win b/c they haven't used him enough recently to pump him up. Same with Y2J; it was his idea, yes, but he hasn't been bitching about being without gold. Kane wasn't going to win it, b/c he was all the strength -- the unstoppable powerhouse. It'd be too easy to let him win. But see, I assumed that CLB would win, Edge would get pissed and jealous and "demand" a title shot anyway, seeing as how he deserved it more than any of the others in the match.

He could easily have gone on about how Christian sux and always held him down in the tag team, and how Tyson had to help him win. Set up a minor Christian/Edge or Tyson/Edge fued. Regardless, just to shut him up, Bischoff gives him a tictle shot, he wins it, CHristian uses his contract and takes the belt from Edge. THat basically seemed like the proper line of thinking.

Edge winning the contract...confused the hell outta me.

BigDaddyCool
04-05-2005, 03:02 PM
First of all, Edge and Lita having their little affair has nothing to do with who deserves a title shot. There's a line between Professional and Personal. That's why "Edge" has a title shot contract and "Adam Copeland" is an adulterer.

Adam isn't an adulterer, he is just a shitty friend. Adultery only happens when one or more of the party committing the act are married.

BigDaddyCool
04-05-2005, 03:03 PM
Oh wait, is Adam married, I forget.

Savio
04-05-2005, 03:09 PM
to Jazz

NoRoolz
04-05-2005, 04:06 PM
hmmm, I'm not overly happy that Edge won, I wanted Kane to win. But I'm not upset about Edge winning, he is pretty talented IMO, and can play the right gimmick to an A. Besides, I relish the thought of a Jericho/Edge/World Title feud. Just think of 'old-school' Y2J with his slideshows and stuff on the Titantron, and coming up with nicknames for Edge. And like mentioned, a nice Christian-Benjamin feud can entertain us for the next few months anyway.

Shaggy
04-05-2005, 04:50 PM
I was happy that Edge won. It works toward his character build up that he won that match.

I would of loved to see Christian win it also. I was voting for Edge and Christian more than the others.

Taker Fan
04-05-2005, 09:14 PM
I was really hoping that Christian would win, and I was really disappointed that he lost. Probably the only disappointment of the event, for me. But, it was still a really entertaining match :y:

Kane Knight
04-05-2005, 09:37 PM
Edge did sweet fuck all in the match, Even Tomko did more.

But it was obvious he was gonna win.

Plus it gets me extra Tipster points.
Edge gets the title shot because the bookers like him, and because he NEEDS it. He can't get over on force of personality, and he's a shit wrestler.

Christian, on the other hand, could be supported as a main event heel at ANY time. Shelton can be built. Edge can't really get anywhere by himself, so it's time to break out the big guns.

Sicne this push is wholly artificial, it'll eventually go away.

redoneja
04-05-2005, 10:20 PM
When the first part of Christian's music plays the crowd ALWAYS erupts into two distinct sections, the casual marks who hate his guts, and me and my fellow Christian Coalition members. I WOULD HAVE MARKED THE FUCK OUT IF CHRISTIAN HAD WON.

Kane Knight
04-05-2005, 10:37 PM
I would boo, but mostly because I consider it poor taste to cheer a heel.

redoneja
04-05-2005, 10:50 PM
I always like cheering for the heels and pissing the marks off at live events. I went to a show at the DC Armory(Washington DC that is ) and the main event was Booker V Eddie V JBL. Mind you that the crowd was 49 percent Hispanic, 49 percent Black, and 2 percent(me and my friend) white. Not that I'm racsict or anything but we marked out for JBL that night. There was a Hispanic kid about 14 or 15 losing it for Eddie and we were about 10 feet behind him chanting "Eddie Sucks, JBL is God, Eddie can't wrestle." I'm so glad that place had metal detectors.

Kane Knight
04-05-2005, 11:06 PM
Mwahahaha

Jaded-Dragon
04-05-2005, 11:17 PM
Hey Redoneja, do you live right around the metro area?

Personally, I think Edge winning was a huge mistake. I will never understand why guys that the crowd actually like (Benoit, Jericho, Benjamin, Christian, RVD, Eddie, Booker T, etc.) are not anywhere close ot being in main events, yet a guy like Edge, who has been getting crammed down our throats since he came back rom his injury, is still getting closer and closer to challenging for the title. Nobody likes him, especially after the Lita deal. And as KK said, he's a shit wrestler.

If anybody deserved the win, it was probably Kane. He's been shit on for years. He could be a great heel champ, and should of gotten that push right after he took the mask off.

Jericho would be my second choice. I still find it funny that exec's viewed Jericho's undisputed title run as a failure.

Mayo
04-06-2005, 01:36 PM
I was happy that Edge won. It works toward his character build up that he won that match.

I would of loved to see Christian win it also. I was voting for Edge and Christian more than the others.Agreed. I really like Edge both inside the ring and on the mic. I can easily say the same thing about Christian, but it just seems like Edge is more appropriate to fight for the World Title at this point. Christian will hopefully be in the title hunt within the year though, and we all know that he definitely deserves it. Let him have an IC title run just to make him seem more credible.

Kane Knight
04-06-2005, 01:58 PM
Agreed. I really like Edge both inside the ring and on the mic. I can easily say the same thing about Christian, but it just seems like Edge is more appropriate to fight for the World Title at this point. Christian will hopefully be in the title hunt within the year though, and we all know that he definitely deserves it. Let him have an IC title run just to make him seem more credible.
:lol:

Yeah, Christian's the one who needs the credibility. :|

Kane Knight
04-06-2005, 01:58 PM
Oh wait, you were serious

Watson
04-06-2005, 04:01 PM
When the first part of Christian's music plays the crowd ALWAYS erupts into two distinct sections, the casual marks who hate his guts, and me and my fellow Christian Coalition members. I WOULD HAVE MARKED THE FUCK OUT IF CHRISTIAN HAD WON.

You have GOT to be kidding me. Christian is the absolute most overrated wrestler on the RAW roster not to mention he has the worst nickname this side of "Charismatic Enigma". As far as I'm concerned Captain Charisma is a sarcastic nickname given to a wrestler who should spend the rest of his career in midcard Hell. He's alright as a tag team wrestler but IMO that's it. Anybody that thinks Christian could main event is living in a dream world. The day that Christian becomes a main eventer is the day I stop watch wrestling for good. Crowd "ALWAYS" erupts? Yeah, sure.

As far as the match as WM21 goes, Edge deserved it more than anybody except maybe Kane. But Kane's been involved in such ridiculous feuds and storylines that his chances of winning any belt again is very slim. I don't particularly like Edge either but he's got a better chance at maintaining main event status than Christian. Edge actually has personality to his gimmick rather than just being a generic, cocky heel like Christian. There's nothing about Christian's gimmick or personality that's original other than his corny nickname. Alot of you that are fans of this generation that like Christian probably will hate these comments but it's my opinion and that's the whole point of wrestling forums. Bottom line is Christian does not now nor will he ever have what it takes to be a main eventer. If you think I'm wrong just wait and see......

Kane Knight
04-06-2005, 06:20 PM
You have GOT to be kidding me. Christian is the absolute most overrated wrestler on the RAW roster not to mention he has the worst nickname this side of "Charismatic Enigma". As far as I'm concerned Captain Charisma is a sarcastic nickname given to a wrestler who should spend the rest of his career in midcard Hell. He's alright as a tag team wrestler but IMO that's it. Anybody that thinks Christian could main event is living in a dream world. The day that Christian becomes a main eventer is the day I stop watch wrestling for good. Crowd "ALWAYS" erupts? Yeah, sure.

As far as the match as WM21 goes, Edge deserved it more than anybody except maybe Kane. But Kane's been involved in such ridiculous feuds and storylines that his chances of winning any belt again is very slim. I don't particularly like Edge either but he's got a better chance at maintaining main event status than Christian. Edge actually has personality to his gimmick rather than just being a generic, cocky heel like Christian. There's nothing about Christian's gimmick or personality that's original other than his corny nickname. Alot of you that are fans of this generation that like Christian probably will hate these comments but it's my opinion and that's the whole point of wrestling forums. Bottom line is Christian does not now nor will he ever have what it takes to be a main eventer. If you think I'm wrong just wait and see......

Oh wait, you were serious. :|

LK
04-06-2005, 06:37 PM
Yeah and the whole obssessed with the title character has never been done before :roll:

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-06-2005, 06:47 PM
I dunno, Edge is still a pretty fiendish worker. I could care less who he's fucked.

Chris Benoit did the same thing to Kevin Sullivan with his wife.

Afterlife
04-07-2005, 09:26 AM
Thank you, Prodigy. I have never seen so much Wrongness in one place, at one time.

wwe2222
04-07-2005, 11:26 AM
Yes, there have been alot of cocky heels throughout the history of wrestling. But Christian plays the part perfectly (the promos, the chest slap, facial expressions, etc) And the crowd does pump up a bit when his theme music hits (my fav current theme). I dont know if I see Christian as a future champ, but I think he should at least be given a bigger role as the prominent heel on RAW.

I dont like anything about edge personally. Im not overly excited about Shelton either, but he is very skilled in the ring.

Kane Knight
04-07-2005, 11:28 AM
Yes, there have been alot of cocky heels throughout the history of wrestling. But Christian plays the part perfectly (the promos, the chest slap, facial expressions, etc) And the crowd does pump up a bit when his theme music hits (my fav current theme). I dont know if I see Christian as a future champ, but I think he should at least be given a bigger role as the prominent heel on RAW.

I dont like anything about edge personally. Im not overly excited about Shelton either, but he is very skilled in the ring.
I agree.

Christian makes the cocky heel bit seem far more credible than most of them. He's not my fave wrestler or even close, but I appreciate his talents.

Mayo
04-07-2005, 01:34 PM

Yeah, Christian's the one who needs the credibility. :|Yes Kane Knight, in terms of the casual fan's eyes, Christian is the one that needs more credibility since he has never really been in the hunt for the title before (although he has had a shot against The Rock before and possibly others, but I barely remembered that). I find his in-ring skills comparable to Edge's, although I think that Christian's mic skills are slightly better than Edge's. I think too many people on here complain about Edge because he has been shoved down our throats too much. Christian needs to begin fighting with main eventers and be booked in more high profile matches to be considered World title material.

Kane Knight
04-07-2005, 01:49 PM
Yes Kane Knight, in terms of the casual fan's eyes, Christian is the one that needs more credibility since he has never really been in the hunt for the title before (although he has had a shot against The Rock before and possibly others, but I barely remembered that). I find his in-ring skills comparable to Edge's, although I think that Christian's mic skills are slightly better than Edge's. I think too many people on here complain about Edge because he has been shoved down our throats too much. Christian needs to begin fighting with main eventers and be booked in more high profile matches to be considered World title material.
Which is why he's so over that he couldn't be pushed as a face.

Because he's got such credibility with casual fans. They just love him. :yes:

Kane Knight
04-07-2005, 01:59 PM
Though to be fair, inability to get over as a face or a heel is probably is a low blow, and grossly unfair, because it brings logic into things. As would bringing up his lackluster "main event" performances.

Instead, Mayo, I will simply agree with your assessment that he is credible to casual fans, because I am sure you have polled a large population in order to make this determination.

tucsonspeed6
04-08-2005, 05:58 PM
Damn. I should have put money down on this one... How on earth did I know that after Wrestlemania there would be at least 30 threads that can be summed up in the quote "WAHHH! WAHH! MY GUY DIDN'T WIN! WAHH!"

So your guy didn't win. Whoop-dee-shit. Have you seen what they're planning with Edge yet? Fuck no. Hell, even Bobcore would have said, "Let's give this a chance to play though...it could be interesting." You fascists say, "Edge doesn't deserve it! Despite the fact that the bookers have been building up his credibility with numerous clean wins over many guys who are already pretty over, and getting legitimately screwed out of at least one title match, I feel that the mainstream audience would have been more satisfied with Christian winning."

Me: "What the fuck?"

Why does everyone around here have to bawl about two weeks ago when they could be saying, "Ok, here's what's going on now. Here's how I'd do it to make it awesome." To suggest that there was only ONE way that that match could have been won with a promising storyline is laughable. You make it sound like wrestling is some kind of fine art and you're a Picasso ready to cut down the petty Van Goghs of the world. Any one of those guys could have won and WM 22 if built correctly would have been the best built main event in years.

Kane Knight
04-08-2005, 06:14 PM
Damn. I should have put money down on this one... How on earth did I know that after Wrestlemania there would be at least 30 threads that can be summed up in the quote "WAHHH! WAHH! MY GUY DIDN'T WIN! WAHH!"
You need to learn to count. There have been 1 or 2, you fucking drama Queen.

And stop crying about facism, you little wanker. Believe it or not, this isn't some totalitarian regime. Hard to believe, I know.

Kane Knight
04-08-2005, 06:17 PM
Why does everyone around here have to bawl about two weeks ago when they could be saying, "Ok, here's what's going on now. Here's how I'd do it to make it awesome." To suggest that there was only ONE way that that match could have been won with a promising storyline is laughable.
Yes, saying "Edge Sucks" or "it shoudl be Christian" automatically means that there is ONLY one way to do things, simply because you're stating a preference.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'ma go gas some free thinkers.

tucsonspeed6
04-08-2005, 06:46 PM
OK, I realize why it seemed like there was so much bawling around here... I had read three threads started by BDC in a row. Sorry about the above. Somebody should put a bell on that guy.

Aussie Skier
04-09-2005, 12:31 AM
benoit should have won!

Benoit in the world title scene is where he belongs!

Kane Knight
04-09-2005, 10:40 AM
OK, I realize why it seemed like there was so much bawling around here... I had read three threads started by BDC in a row. Sorry about the above. Somebody should put a bell on that guy.
This is true. most of El mullet's threads are bitching about what doesn't rule.