PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else kinda surprised by the finishes lately?

Estranged
04-04-2005, 11:12 PM
I was REALLY surprised by the ending of the Cena/JBL match last night. No near falls, just a clean finish. I didn't expect JBL's title reign to end like that. Same with tonight with the Batista/Orton match. I'm not a huge Orton fan, but he was champ a few months ago, and he lost a clean match on Raw. Anyone else think the finishes could have been a bit different?

Corkscrewed
04-04-2005, 11:22 PM
*shrug* Given the champs... nah. ;)

BigDaddyCool
04-04-2005, 11:23 PM
Yeah, I figuring Orton would try to fight out of the batista bomb or soemthing. But then again Orton v. Batista matches tend to suck.

V
04-04-2005, 11:57 PM
yeah that was surprising, it would have been a bit better if Cena at least fought off the cabinent

Dave Youell
04-05-2005, 05:43 AM
I can see both sides of the coin here, but if there are runs ins and then the Face still wins surely that makes them look even stronger than if they would just winning clean?

Granted JBL's reign in retrospect looks weak, but how many clean wins at a PPV did he get? I can't think of any! So granted it does piss on everythign he acheived, but he really didn't achieve that much in all honesty and doing it this way get's Cena more over, which was the point of the finish in the first place