PDA

View Full Version : Survivor Series

Hitman84
04-07-2005, 06:24 AM
I wasn't sure where this post should go, but this part of the forum seems as good a place as any.

I draw your attention to my suggestion in the 'How would you have run the invasion angle?' thread about a possible big match for the Survivor Series PPV.

A 20-man, four team elimination match; the rules to which I will now explain.

One team in each corner, two guys in the ring. Eliminations occur by pin, submission, DQ, KO or count-out. You can tag whoever you like. You may think that the longer a man stays on the apron, the less likely he is to be eliminated, so members of rival teams may refuse to be tagged – to counter this, if a wrestler refuses a tag, he is instantly disqualified.

Teams fight until all or part of one team remains.

Do you guys think such a match would
a) work?
b) draw?
c) all of the above?
d) none of the above?

Plus, have any of you 'invented' matches that could be PPV specific?

DaveBrawl
04-07-2005, 11:21 AM
I think it would be a great match and would definately work if the right guys were involved. They should try something like this at the next Wrestlemania, it could really give the tag division a shot in the arm.

Transplant
04-08-2005, 06:52 AM
I don't think it would work. In order for it to not look certain people look weak, and make them worth watching, you would have to give everyone time. However, this would just make the match seem like its draging on.

To combat it though, you could have one member from each team in the ring, then after a certain amount of time had past, have a cruiserweight from each team in, and just have them do a bunch of planchas etc, and get them counted out. However thats only 4 guys.

Another way to do it without it being boring would be to make it an endurance like match. Eg, you have 4 guys in the ring, one from each team. They can get eliminated by pinfall, submission etc, and then be replaced by a member of their team until one team is left.

You could probably also do it 4-way tag team style as well as just singles, where the 4 corners would be taken up by 4 tag teams. When someone gets eliminated, they leave and get replaced, while the person who didn't get eliminated stays.

KayfabeMan
04-10-2005, 10:09 PM
Do you guys think such a match would a) work? b) draw?
c) all of the above? d) none of the above? Plus, have any of you 'invented' matches that could be PPV specific?

I think it would definitely work, and be an interesting concept.

The match could easily stay fresh if booked right, and if the right teams were involved. I think it'd be interesting if it were done with regular two man teams instead of the 5 man teams. It'd (as SB83 said) help the lacking tag division a great deal.

This would have been an awesome match in WCW, where they had a amazing tag team division - consistently, right on through the close of the promotion. It could have also been great in ECW, with teams like FBI, York & Matthews, and others being involved in the match.

On another note, if it were a 20 man thing, that could also work if done right. They'd have to pull maybe 8 of the guys brawling off and being dq'ed or the like, and an injury spot [for either one or two people]. That would cut it down to 11/10 guys, which would let it be a little more accomplishable. Regular Survivor Series would see 7 different eliminations, so this would only be a few more in a sense.

Good concept :y:

KayfabeMan
04-10-2005, 10:11 PM
Also, if I may add - should any of the mods read this, maybe consider moving this to the regular forum board if you think it'd be a good idea. Seems like a thread that'd make a great discussion there, as more people would see it. Just a thought and/or suggestion.

Pepsi Man
04-11-2005, 12:43 AM
I'm pretty sure that while rare, such matches have taken place. I don't like the instantaneous disqualification rule, though, as I think it's better when heels try to combat the rules, and the rules are just flimsy enough to be worked around.