PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best on the mic right now?

SammyG
04-08-2005, 12:15 PM
So, who do you guys think is the best on the mic right now?

Danny Electric
04-08-2005, 12:30 PM
Christian.

Kane Knight
04-08-2005, 12:33 PM
Tough Call. Cena could be good, but he's weak right now. Angle's pretty damn good. JBL's gold. Trips is weak as fuck. Jericho's still got it, and Orton has it, but he hasn't impressed me in months.

I vote Jericho, though it's tough to pick.

Loose Cannon
04-08-2005, 12:34 PM
JBL.

SuperSlim
04-08-2005, 12:43 PM
Captain Charisma

SammyG
04-08-2005, 12:44 PM
Yeah, im sorry i forgot Christian

Cruiserweight 3:16
04-08-2005, 12:46 PM
Personally I reckon Hassan is the best on the mic right now, but seen as he isn't on the poll I voted for JBL instead

SammyG
04-08-2005, 12:49 PM
Yeah i thought of putting Hassan up there, but i dont think he is that great on the mic right now, his act is getting a little old on me.

LK
04-08-2005, 12:53 PM
Christian

LK
04-08-2005, 12:54 PM
Out of those guys I would go with Jericho

blake639raw
04-08-2005, 01:10 PM
I believe Jericho & Cena have the most potential behind the mic, but as of right now, I would say that JBL is cutting the best promos. Look out for Carlito & Hassan though, they both keep getting better and better, especially Carlito.

Shaggy
04-08-2005, 01:19 PM
Tyson Tomko......

just kidding.....maybe...

Cena is good on the mic but I just dont like him. Soon im thinking his whole gimmick will circle down and wont be as good anymore so he wont be as good on the mic.

Its a Tie between Jericho and Angle for me....they both can deliver those powerful promos when they need to but can also deliever those funny ones to.

Triple H is close to it but most of his promos are just serious....

SuperSlim
04-08-2005, 01:45 PM
man Carlito is cool on the mic.
Hassan is pretty good as well.

but as far as the ones on the list I had to go with Jericho although I'm kinda growin tired of hearin the same thing over and over :(

RP
04-08-2005, 01:52 PM
JBL. I get more and more impressed with Hassan's mic skills everytime i see him.

James Steele
04-08-2005, 02:17 PM
CHRIS FUCKING JERICHO

Kane Knight
04-08-2005, 02:18 PM
Carlito, Christian, and Hassan should all be on there.

Actually, so should Nov...I mean, Simon Dean. He does the condescending fitness promoter shtick so well.

redoneja
04-08-2005, 03:05 PM
From those on the poll I'm going w/ JBL.
From those not on the poll I'm going to have to say Christian or Eugene(just for his references to things in wrestling history that most of the casuals in the audience don't get).

redoneja
04-08-2005, 03:05 PM
Oh yeah, Face Jericho is nothing compared to Heel Jericho.

Kane Knight
04-08-2005, 04:21 PM
Oh yeah, Face Jericho is nothing compared to Heel Jericho.
Yeah, but face Jericho's like 200 times better than 90% of the lockerroom. Not that he's not better as a heel, but you get the point./

Savio
04-08-2005, 04:50 PM
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt1 width="50%">John Cena: Is good as heel</TD><TD class=alt2 width="50%">Christian: Funniest WWE has</TD><TD class=alt1 title=Votes align=middle></TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 width="50%">Kurt Angle: One of the tops</TD><TD class=alt2 width="50%">Hassan: Needs to change it up a bit</TD><TD class=alt1 title=Votes align=middle></TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 width="50%">JBL: Best WWE has now </TD><TD class=alt2 width="50%"></TD><TD class=alt1 title=Votes align=middle></TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 width="50%">Triple H: Pretty good except last raw when he gave away spoilers</TD><TD class=alt2 width="50%"> </TD><TD class=alt1 title=Votes align=middle></TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 width="50%">Chris Jericho I haven't heard him on the mic in a while</TD><TD class=alt2 width="50%"></TD><TD class=alt1 title=Votes align=middle></TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 width="50%">Randy Orton: Good as Hell</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

John la Rock
04-08-2005, 04:56 PM
JBL with Hassan in second. Angle and Jericho need some new material

John la Rock
04-08-2005, 04:59 PM
although the rest of the guys mentioned are really good too

Gouda
04-08-2005, 05:01 PM
SNITSKY. :shifty:

Kane Knight
04-08-2005, 05:15 PM
SNITSKY. :shifty:
:D

Gone Mad
04-08-2005, 05:25 PM
Jericho rules all, damn it! JBL is great, Angle is gold, Cena has got something, Capt. Charisma would have been my other choice, and HHH and RKO are ok, just they go on too long and never change.

Carlito and Hussan are the best of the new kids, especially Hussan, though Carlito is too damn cool.

And of course Snitsky's mic skills are funny too. Remember the days when he used cue cards? He should do some stand up, he's like a damn sitcom character.

Marcyo
04-08-2005, 05:25 PM
JBL by miles. I would have voted for Christian, but JBL is really good too.

Disturbed316
04-08-2005, 05:26 PM
CARLITO!!!!!!!!!!

SuperSlim
04-08-2005, 06:03 PM
CARLITO!!!!!!!!!!

now that... that's cool

Kane Knight
04-08-2005, 06:05 PM
And of course Snitsky's mic skills are funny too. Remember the days when he used cue cards? He should do some stand up, he's like a damn sitcom character.
And since he's already got a catchphrase, he's perfect for a Sticom material.

"Who ate all the cake?"

"IT WASN'T...MY...FAULT!"

Fryza
04-08-2005, 06:15 PM
JBL greatly amuses me.

tucsonspeed6
04-08-2005, 06:19 PM
Cena's kinda crappy lately. He doesn't sound like he could carry a beat to the mailbox to send to somebody with a decent finisher....and his gimmick is one of a rapper. What the hell's that about?

Angle's always awesome, but he's Smackdown and I haven't seen smackdown in years...so no vote for him.

JBL would have had this one in the bag, but the word "pizza" made me remove my vote from his name...

Jericho's also up there in my mind, but the letters "CLB" sounded like they came from the pen of Stephanie McMahon. He lost points for making me think that anything he's ever spoken has come from Steph.

Orton's another one I'd vote for if he didn't studder over his words every now and then.

HHH's monologues are long, but I think he's the best on raw right now. And unlike Jericho, he doesn't sound like he gets his dialogue from Steph, despite being married to her. He doesn't studder or talk about poop or pizza. So my vote went with him.

And thank you, SammyG, for not putting Batista up there. The dumb ape can hardly spit out "You talking to me?" as a gag, yet every mark on this board would vote for him.

tucsonspeed6
04-08-2005, 06:35 PM
And since he's already got a catchphrase, he's perfect for a Sticom material.

"Who ate all the cake?"

"IT WASN'T...MY...FAULT!"

Put him and Heidenreich together in a posh San Francisco community with a little midget black Webster kid, Ben Savage, Ashton Kutcher, and a girl who talks like a robot.

Scene: *The family is sitting in the living room. Enter Gene from the kitchen, who has cake all over his face.*

Girl in monotone voice: "UH oh, OREO!"
*Wait for laugh track*

Ben Savage: "Why am I here?"

Webster Kid: "Yo, triple G, why you got cake on yo face?"

*The family looks at each other with a shrug at what the little token black guy just said*

Heidenreich (after the laugh track): "Where'd the cake go, Gene?"

Gene (with a full mouth) : If's nof my faulp!"

Fred Savage chuckling and shaking his head: "Oh Gene! You're such a gosh darn lively sort!"

*Gene gets furious and throws Ben Savage through a pane glass window.*

Robot girl in monotone voice: "There goes the neighborhood"

(Wait for laugh track)

Heidenreich looking out the window: "Little Johnny!"

*Enter Ashton Kutcher as the quirky teenage neighbor* (Switch laugh track for track of young women screaming at the sight of him.)

Ashton: "Blah blah blah blah lost her virginity blah blah blah I'm sexy blah blah blah blah gonna get some tonight blah blah.

(Switch back to laugh track)

Gene: "Not my fault!"

Webster kid gives thumbs up to Gene: "Word!"

(Freeze frame with laugh track going full speed. Roll credits.)

Gouda
04-08-2005, 07:11 PM
lol

Anyways... How about Daivari? Sure he'sspeaking in another language but he says it with such intensity! And he gets the biggest heat of anyone when he talks!

El Santo
04-08-2005, 07:20 PM
I voted Angle for two reasons: his "sexy Kurt" promo with Sensational Sherri, and his "armed robbery" quip last night (coupled with his "fluke champion" zinger later on in the evening).

James Steele
04-08-2005, 07:22 PM
CHRIS FUCKING JERICHO

Jaton
04-08-2005, 07:25 PM
Hard to pick between Jericho and Angle..though I had to vote Angle.

PullMyFinger
04-08-2005, 07:46 PM
As much as I like Jericho, JBL is the best in the mic currently.

Bad Company
04-08-2005, 07:46 PM
JBL

el fregadero
04-09-2005, 01:05 AM
Angle is the real deal, doesn't matter if he's being intense or being funny, he is killer.

Pepsi Man
04-09-2005, 03:27 AM
My vote went to Angle. Jericho got some consideration from me, and in times past may have gotten my vote, but judging on what they've done in the last little bit of time, I'm going to have to go with Kurt Angle. Kurt is GREAT on the microphone, and he does a good job of convincing you that he's really feeling emotion in his promos.

Some guys on that list SOUND like they're just reading lines the writers are giving them. Sure, Kurt is too, but Kurt does a good job at making his delivery of speech credible and convincing.

That's just my opinion, though.

Jonster
04-09-2005, 07:32 AM
What's that thing someone said up there about HHH giving away spoilers on Raw?

Kane Knight
04-09-2005, 10:00 AM
Angle is the real deal, doesn't matter if he's being intense or being funny, he is killer.
So not only is he a thief, but a murderer? :eek:

Pepsi Man
04-09-2005, 12:55 PM
So not only is he a thief, but a murderer? :eek:
He killed Katie Vick. It was his fault, not Kane's. Triple H and Kurt way back then still got along, and so they set up poor Kane.

Innovator
04-09-2005, 12:56 PM
Considering they're trying to cut back Jericho's mic time at all costs, I go with Kurt "I am God" Angle.

Gertner
04-09-2005, 01:01 PM
Simon Dean. man he cracks me up.

Kane Knight
04-09-2005, 01:17 PM
He killed Katie Vick. It was his fault, not Kane's. Triple H and Kurt way back then still got along, and so they set up poor Kane.
Damn, that is one amazing plot twist. You gotta respect Triple H's long-term planning.

BTW, I hear the police didn't find the show. If Angle doesn't give it back, will thgere be no WM DVD?