PDA

View Full Version : SNME returning?

blake639raw
04-11-2005, 06:23 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/wrestling/cst-spt-bjack10.html

I have heard that they are close to a deal with USA and NBC. This might be kinda cool, especially if they do more interbrand matches. I would only have about 4-6 a year though, and drop the number of PPV's.

DaveWadding
04-11-2005, 06:24 PM
http://tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28883

blake639raw
04-11-2005, 06:27 PM
What does that thread have to do with Saturday Night Main Event possibly returning?

Shadow
04-11-2005, 06:28 PM
It was where it was announced.

PureHatred
04-11-2005, 06:33 PM
This isn't a rumor. There's a press release on wwecorporate.com. Vince has even appeared on CNN talking about the deal.

“I’m thrilled to be back in business again with Vince and Linda McMahon,” said Hammer. “I led the USA team that helped grow RAW into a true pop phenomenon, and it’s great to welcome it home.”

In addition to Monday Night Raw, USA will air a one-hour weekend RAW-branded program, and NBCU's Telemundo will air Spanish-language versions of RAW. NBC will also air at least two yearly, 90-minute Saturday late night RAW specials.

"This broad and diverse distribution will provide WWE excellent platforms from which to reach our existing fans as well as broaden our audience," said McMahon. "We're very happy to be returning to USA Network, where we experienced some of our greatest successes, and to NBC, where we had tremendous success with our series of late-night specials, Saturday Night Main Event, in the 1980's."

So they're guaranteed two spots a year on Saturday, and will probably get two more if the ratings are decent. And while fans may think cutting the PPV's down is a good idea froma storyline point or whatever, PPV revenue is too important to the company. Less PPV's? Not happening.

blake639raw
04-11-2005, 06:44 PM
Hopefully, it isn't just RAW though, and they have the top guys from RAW and SD. They could use this show to build up to interbrand Mania matches.

M. Banana
04-11-2005, 07:23 PM
So basically, instead of appearing every Monday night, it's gonna be about 4 times a year.

PureHatred
04-11-2005, 07:38 PM
So basically, instead of appearing every Monday night, it's gonna be about 4 times a year.

No.

In addition to Monday Night Raw, USA will air a one-hour weekend RAW-branded program, and NBCU's Telemundo will air Spanish-language versions of RAW. NBC will also air at least two yearly, 90-minute Saturday late night RAW specials.

James Steele
04-11-2005, 08:33 PM
In other words, Heat is returning to USA. Maybe they will bring back the cool looking logos and stuff.

olympic hitman
04-12-2005, 12:09 AM
This is definetely good news. Perhaps Vinnie Mac will now use this burst of good news to actually start trying to make both RAW & Smackdown good shows again[like when the draft first happened back in 02].

A Saturday night 'RAW' show on NBC late night? Cool. Kinda has a "WCW Saturday Night" feel to it....

The move back to USA might have been the smartest thing for Vince & Crew.....