PDA

View Full Version : ECW PPV: How would you introduce/generate build up for it

Dave Youell
04-13-2005, 06:33 AM
So your Vince Mcmahon and pumped full of class A drugs and decides to give the ECW PPV exposure. How would you use TV to intorduce this to a WWE audience? Who would you use and why? Remember that your only going to be getting about 15 minutes each show max to promote this.

If it were me i'd like to see Heyman back on screen and come back with the Dudleys and gradually each week recruit more guys into an ECW stable then annoucne that for One Night Only ECW returns at it's own PPV.

They could make out that Vince sold the 'ECW Stock' (yeah I kow it doesn't exist) and Heyman bought it and is funding his own show and has signed all these guys to a one night only contract.

It's a really simple way to do it, but I think it's the easiest and potentailly most sucessful

Volchok
04-13-2005, 07:06 AM
:y: agreed

The CyNick
04-17-2005, 05:21 PM
From what I understand this is just one night deal, its not like they plan on bringing back ECW as a brand, so it has to be sold as just a reunion show, instead of the rebirth of ECW.

Which actually makes it much harder to sell, because when you make it seem like its "one night only" there's really no reason to get behind it, because ultimately nothing that happens on the show will mean anything. All you'll have is the same small gorup of people who used to order ECW PPVs in the late 90s, which will make this PPV a big time failure.

I'm not all that hyped up about the idea of the show. Its different, and thats good, but almost all the guys who were on top in ECW are far more broken down right now, and I have very little interest in seeing them wrestle.

Heyman obviously has to be the focal point of the advertising for the show.

Maybe if they build it where Heyman says he's leaving the WWE, but one of the things that he did when he was GM of Smackdown was put a clause in his contract that he could run one PPV the way he wanted to. He could cut a promo saying he hated the way ECW ended, and its been eating at him for years and years, but now he's found a way to give ECW and the ECW fans a send off they deserve.

He could do this on RAW, and then say starting next week, he's going to be looking for guys who want to give the people one last show to remember ECW by. On RAW have some of the ex-ECW guys form there agree to work the show, and then do the same thing on SD, including having a few non-WWE guys show up to agree to work. This would be cool to see all the ex-ECW guys in the ring together.

Over the next couple of weeks they announce some matches, and start to work some angles, maybe someone calls out Tazz, calls him a pussy for being an announcer all these years (I could see Douglas doing this, which would be ironic now). Have Malenko come out on SD and challenge Eddie Guerrero. Maybe have Raven attack Tommy Dreamer on RAW.

Maybe they could have some matches where guys like the Dudleys keep getting DQd for using tables, and then hype that they wont be getting DQd at One Night Stand.

I dont know, I'm pretty confident Heyman will come up with something decent.

adamwwe
04-17-2005, 11:19 PM
I hope this doesn't suck worse than the Gobbledy Gooker's one night on PPV, but I fear it will.

Dave's idea sounds good. Hopefully it won't take up too much time going in, because that'll reek of too much WWE influence.

I may buy it.