PDA

View Full Version : Matt Hardy Appreciation Thread

LK
04-13-2005, 12:53 PM
Right, we have had one for Jeff and I think that now is the time for us at tpww to have a thread in appreciation for the leader of Mattitude, Matt Hardy Version 1.0.

One of my favourite moments involving Matt was when he turned heel, giving Jeff the twist of fate before jumping to Smackdown and becoming V1. Matt also had a large contribution in the TLC matches and the cage match between the Hardyz and E & C.

Post your favourite moments or matches involving Matt.

Matt fact: WWE is now in a weaker position having let him go.

Loose Cannon
04-13-2005, 12:59 PM
I totally forget what happend, but something was happening where Shannon Moore and Shane Helms were in the ring and they cleaned house of somebody. Then Matt Hardy's music hits out of nowhere, insane pyro goes off and he comes charging down to the ring. Then he pretends like he saved Moore and Helms from being beaten up and he makes them put him on thier shoulders.

It was LMAO.

Kane Knight
04-13-2005, 01:58 PM
I'm as sad as Michael Cole when he discovered N*Sync were actually straight.

Just John
04-13-2005, 02:05 PM
the whole TLC2 match that match still is my favorite match today

loopydate
04-13-2005, 02:05 PM
The first couple of months of the V1 gimmick were absolute gold. The Matt Facts, the choppy video, MFers...great. Plus, the angle where he was slimming down to be able to fight Rey was hilarious.

Before that, he was always my favorite Hardy brother, and - even though Jeff got all the attention for the high spots - he really helped carry the ladder/TLC feud with Edge, Christian, and the Dudleys.

What happened to him is just criminal. Amy, Adam, and Vince should be ashamed of themselves.

Crashnburn
04-13-2005, 02:55 PM
The first couple of months of the V1 gimmick were absolute gold. The Matt Facts, the choppy video, MFers...great. Plus, the angle where he was slimming down to be able to fight Rey was hilarious.

Before that, he was always my favorite Hardy brother, and - even though Jeff got all the attention for the high spots - he really helped carry the ladder/TLC feud with Edge, Christian, and the Dudleys.

:y:

mike627
04-13-2005, 03:19 PM
Matt will bounce back and go to ROH.

RGWhat316
04-13-2005, 03:20 PM
Matt fact: Matt often wonders how they did Wrestlemania without him.
He's gonna be wondering about this one for a while.

Savio
04-13-2005, 03:54 PM
There were alot of good matt hardy moments out there but I'd have to say mine would have to be- ALEYYALEA ALEYLLEYEANLEA ALAYYYEALYAYAYAY ALEANNNNNAAAAA.

Damnit Hassan!

M. Banana
04-13-2005, 03:57 PM
:rofl:

Anything involving Matt and a ladder are my favorite moments.

NoRoolz
04-13-2005, 03:59 PM
Admittedly back in 1999-2001 Jeff was my favorite Hardy, bear in mind I was 8-11 years old and was a total mark. But since 2002 Matt has slowly overtaken Jeff as my favorite Hardy, and remains there today.

Although he's done amazing on his own, with the V.1ahhh gimmick 'n' all. Some of his greatest matches were when he was a part of the Hardy Boyz; TLC Matches, Cage Match V Dudleys. Ladder Match at No Mercy 1999, against E&C. RR 2000, tag table match.

Maybe Matt will do some work in ROH, and the Hardys could re-unite.

LMAO at remembering some of his V.1 stuff like the slimming down for a cruiserweight title shot, and Shannon being his personal ass-wiper. That (V.1) was one of the main reasons why I watched SmackDown!

When Matt went to Raw, everything started going tits-up. He's made for SmackDown, not for shitty feuds with Kane with Lita in the middle.

Goodbye Matt :'(. Although I'm sure you'll be back soon.

Gouda
04-13-2005, 04:01 PM
There were alot of good matt hardy moments out there but I'd have to say mine would have to be- ALEYYALEA ALEYLLEYEANLEA ALAYYYEALYAYAYAY ALEANNNNNAAAAA.

Damnit Hassan!

:rofl:

Savior got HASSAN'D.

Anyways... I too have fond memories of the birth of Mattitude on Smackdown.

If I remember correctly... after he save Moore and Helms he was in the back and was all like "Man, did you hear that pop? They love me! Yo, let's go do it again!" and then he came back out and posed and stuff.

KayfabeMan
04-13-2005, 04:52 PM
I have always liked Matt Hardy, and he's definitely one of my favorites.

I remember watching Hardy on early RAW episodes, back when he was going squash matches. I liked the Hardyz from back then until around 2000 or so, and from then on I really only liked Matt. I can honestly say I've seen maybe a handful of bad matches with Matt Hardy, and those weren't his fault.

WWE made a MAJOR mistake in dropping him, as he could've made the company a ton of fucking money if they'd have used him right. WWE still hasn't picked up the ball.

BLaZeR-
04-13-2005, 05:27 PM
I totally forget what happend, but something was happening where Shannon Moore and Shane Helms were in the ring and they cleaned house of somebody. Then Matt Hardy's music hits out of nowhere, insane pyro goes off and he comes charging down to the ring. Then he pretends like he saved Moore and Helms from being beaten up and he makes them put him on thier shoulders.

It was LMAO.

Haha.....Yeah that was gold, I was never a Hardy fan but when I saw that and he officially became "Version 1", I was hooked ever since.

LK
04-13-2005, 05:31 PM

It was LMAO.
http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/m/matthardy/19.jpg

:D :lol:

Savio
04-13-2005, 05:47 PM
Is that strong bad on the sign?

Loose Cannon
04-13-2005, 06:41 PM
LOL that's it. Look at his face.

ColdwaVer
04-13-2005, 06:50 PM
I believe the last time I was entertained by Matt Hardy was sometime back in 2001.

Savio
04-13-2005, 07:43 PM
Strong bad > Matt Hardy

deadman
04-13-2005, 07:45 PM
matt hardy was cool when him and jeff used to do crazy stuff but then jeff left and matt didnt really have anything to do cos jeff was better i like matt hardy edge is gay

Jacko
04-13-2005, 07:50 PM
Version 1. The best gimmick in the las 3 years :(

Should of been Heavyweight material.

James Steele
04-13-2005, 07:50 PM
(deadman) you... die...now.

Shadow
04-13-2005, 08:00 PM
Seriouslly Deady....just die.

Anyhoo...my fav Matt Moment would have to be....TLC 1. That was his match. No one else gave him the idea. It was all Matt.

PorkSoda
04-13-2005, 08:22 PM
I DONT KNOW WHAT WERE YELLING ABOUT!

James Steele
04-13-2005, 08:25 PM
On a sidenote, Jeff Hardy still sucks ass.

Kane Knight
04-13-2005, 08:33 PM
On a sidenote, Jeff Hardy still sucks ass.

Savio
04-13-2005, 08:35 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/deathgurl420/MattHardyNaked.jpg;

Marcyo
04-13-2005, 08:35 PM
matt hardy was cool when him and jeff used to do crazy stuff but then jeff left and matt didnt really have anything to do cos jeff was better i like matt hardy edge is gay

Wait a sec... when i checked 5 mins ago you still had a grey dot...

Marcyo
04-13-2005, 08:37 PM

:drool: :shifty:

Kane Knight
04-13-2005, 08:40 PM
Triple H makes most of his partners do this...

Shadow
04-13-2005, 08:49 PM
Wait a sec... when i checked 5 mins ago you still had a grey dot...

Knew I forgot to do something.

King Jericho
04-14-2005, 05:26 AM
Matt Hardy rules, plain and simple.