PDA

View Full Version : Just John's Tribute To The WWE

Just John
04-18-2005, 02:46 PM
Sometimes It's hard to justify the fact that years ago and still to this day I've hated heels and loved faces (and sometimes vice-versa) but when It all comes down to it I love every superstar in the buissiness (exept edge but thats personal) I used to despise of Andre The Giant and I loved it when Killer Khan shattered his ankle but now I look back and I realise what I'm missing. I mean to this day me and many others will criticise Hulk Hogans wrestling but I suppose as hard as it is to admit Hulk Hogan did sorta put wrestling on the map.

It's suprising that years ago, I was in awe because of the first ever hell in a cell (and I think it was one of the best to this day) but after all the hard work put into that match was never wasted because we were entertained. When I see that as much as we hate wrestlers today at the end of it all they keep us on the edge of our seat, they keep us entertained.

The sad part of all this is that we were entertained by the hardy boyz only to have one go off to TNA and the other fired because he's a good wrestler and all the true talent in the WWE are having to job to useless people.

I was always taken by Kane (although he's never been my favorite wrestler) and whenever I used to hear the music and see the pyros I would Immediately be wondering what was going to happen next but now I have to be falsely amused by John Cenas stupid raps and suddenly we all have to love his spinning little belts. Thats not cool.

As much as I've slated the WWE I still love it and I always will but I'm hoping that I will be truely be entertained in the future.

Gouda
04-18-2005, 03:00 PM
I mean to this day me and many others will criticise Hulk Hogans wrestling but I suppose as hard as it is to admit Hulk Hogan did sorta put wrestling on the map.

Not hard to admit that at all.

James Steele
04-18-2005, 03:19 PM
I hate the guy but without Hogan wrestling would still be a regional "white trash" thing. Now, it is a global "white trash" thing.

Corkscrewed
04-18-2005, 03:25 PM
Hogan the character isn't hard to hate IMO. It's Terry Bolea the selfish moneymonger who still things he should be squashing people that ticks me off.

NoRoolz
04-18-2005, 03:37 PM
The WWE is at a big-time low right now, but I will keep watching through the low patch, and can't wait for the next boom period, and even though when I compare recent PPV's to those of 1998/99/00, they fall well short, I still will tune in every week to Raw and Smackdown and continue to order PPV's. Man, what would I do without wrestling...

Cruiserweight 3:16
04-18-2005, 05:12 PM
Wrestling isn't that bad to watch at the moment. If anything, the quality of the shows now (Raw/Smackdown) are arguably better than they were during the Attitude era. What they need to improve upon more is the PPV's and creating new stars, and if they don't mess up the good things they've got going right now (Hassan, Edge, Batista and Cena) then perhaps a boom may happen again.

Just John
04-19-2005, 12:14 PM
I really see no talent in Cena at all.