PDA

View Full Version : So I went to the WM Revenge Tour show tonight

LK
04-21-2005, 06:34 PM
A report on tonight's show:

It started off with Lllian coming down to the ring and she started to sing the Scottis national anthem. After a minute or so La Resistance's music hits and they come out to some decent heat. Grenier gets the mic and starts singing the Canadian anthem, only to be interrupted by Regal and Tahiri. The champs were victorious in this mathc as Tajiri beat Grenier with his finishing kick.

Up next was Chris Masters vs Val Venis. This was an ok match. Masters actually did some wrestling moves for a change. Anyway Masters won with the Masterlock. I think he actually injured Venis because Venis didn't look in the best of condition when he left the ring. Oh yeah Masters botched taking a clothsline.

Then Coach came to the ring and cut a promo saying that he was in charge and he announced the main matches. He then introduced Victoria and Christy for their match and made himself the ref. From this match I would suggest that Victoria might be changing back to the psycho chick gimmick as she did things that she did back then. Christy won.

Up next was the man Heyman thinks is the next big star. Viscera vs Hurricane. Visscera basically squashed him with moves like the black hole slam, spinning heel kick and two handed choke bomb.

Y2J Chris Jericho beat Tomko in the next match. Jericho got a pretty good reaction and carried Tomko to a decent match.

I would just like to say now that there is nothing more irritating than a bunch of pricks who stand on their seat and so you are stuck not being able to see anything.

Anyway Kane beat Hassan next when Daivari interfered with a chair. They started double teaming Kane and chants of "Hogan" were started. Then Kane double Chokeslammed the both of them.

Shelton beat Christian next. Crowd was really split 50/50 as chants were heard for both men. I think Christian got slightly more crowd support. BTW I am sitting here typing this in my glorious Caotain Charisma T-shirt. Give Christian the WWE title.

Edge beat Benoit in the next match. The usual stuff from Benoit and he got the crossface but Edge got to the ropes. Then with the ref knocked out of the way, Edge hit Benoit with the brief case for the win.

The main event featured Batista/HBK vs HHH/Flair. Each man got a good pop when they came out. At one point HHH and Flair did a double Flair flop which was quite amusing. HBK knocked out HHH with Sweet Chin Music and then Batista beat Flair with a Spinebuster. With the match over Batista stayed out for a while celebrating with the crowd.

Overall, a pretty good show and I think I will be going to the Smackdown show here in June.

UmbrellaCorporation
04-21-2005, 06:39 PM
Sounds pretty awesome.

I would've loved to see Edge over Benoit and Y2J over Tomko.

As for jobbing Christian to Shelton Benjamin, :foc:. Shelton Benjamin just doesn't do it for me. I'm with you. Christian needs the title.

Dave Youell
04-22-2005, 02:55 AM
Sounds like a decent show. Turn Christian face Dammit!

Drakul
04-22-2005, 04:26 AM
From this match I would suggest that Victoria might be changing back to the psycho chick gimmick as she did things that she did back then.
On North Tonight (local news show thats shown in my city and in Aberdeen and a few other cities) they had a segment about Benoit and Victoria signing autographs for fans etc and the show that night and Victoria said something simliar to "I'm looking forward to tonights show because I have a big surprise for my fans and I'm excited." obviously thats just the gist of what she said.Maybe she meant she was going back to her old gimmick? :-\

Oh and Roddy Piper is on the Paul O'Grady Show at 5pm in the UK today if anyones interested.

Cruiserweight 3:16
04-22-2005, 06:03 AM
Oh and Roddy Piper is on the Paul O'Grady Show at 5pm in the UK today if anyones interested.

No doubt he'll be promoting Celebrity Wrestling

Londoner
04-22-2005, 12:35 PM
Haha i just flicked over now, funny shit.Thanks for lettin us know drakul.

Drakul
04-22-2005, 08:50 PM
No Problem.

Jacko
04-22-2005, 08:53 PM
Just got back from The Smackdown one in London.

My that was crap.

SammyG
04-22-2005, 09:02 PM
Heel Christian> Face Christian

John la Rock
04-23-2005, 01:19 AM
CHRISTIAN CHRISTIAN CHRISTIAN

:love:

Jaded-Dragon
04-23-2005, 03:32 AM
A report on tonight's show:

Then Coach came to the ring and cut a promo saying that he was in charge and he announced the main matches. He then introduced Victoria and Christy for their match and made himself the ref. From this match I would suggest that Victoria might be changing back to the psycho chick gimmick as she did things that she did back then. Christy won.

Putting over a talent-less bimbo will do that to a person....

Seriously though I liked the psycho gimmick better.

Benji vs Christian = gold, wish I could of seen that one live

tucsonspeed6
04-23-2005, 04:30 PM
Sounds like a decent show. Turn Christian face Dammit!

It wouldn't feel quite right for me if Christian turned face. As a heel, to be one of his peeps is like being in an elite group. If he turned face, every mark in the world would act like they've been a Christian fan since the beginning. I'd feel alienated. Then I'd turn my frustration on him and become a Shelton Benjamin mark or something and flick off the tv every time I saw Christian on TV with the belt.

In other words, it'd be like Orton all over again.

Jacko
04-23-2005, 05:02 PM
Much like Cena also.

Faces = A SUCK.