PDA

View Full Version : Orton/RVD match your thoughts

HBKHHH
01-13-2004, 07:45 PM
I thought it was a pretty damn good match. One of the best ive seen on raw in awhile.

Pretty sick move Orton pulled off to end it.

loopydate
01-13-2004, 07:46 PM
Very good match. Maybe Orton's best yet. Good psychology, brutal physicality. It reminded me of an ECW match a little (like the Super Crazy/Tajiri matches where they didn't need weapons to be hardcore).

The Naitch
01-13-2004, 07:54 PM
Honestly, I found myself flipping through channels because of all the 3 minute holds they were doing. I watched part of a music video, then changed back to RAW, they were still locked up on the mat

Mr. JL
01-13-2004, 07:56 PM
It was certainly a great match. Come on, Rob Van Dam can simply not have a bad match with his in ring style. Props go out to Randy Orton, who more than held his own in that match. Man, the DDT at the end of the match looked BRUTAL!

Side Note: Has anyone seen the RVD/Dreamer match from ECW? The one where Dreamer Piledrives RVD and RVD literally bounces in the air.

HBKHHH
01-13-2004, 07:56 PM
Honestly, I found myself flipping through channels because of all the 3 minute holds they were doing. I watched part of a music video, then changed back to RAW, they were still locked up on the mat

Yeh i see what you man but towards the end the match picked up and it was pretty decent.

Corkscrewed
01-13-2004, 08:10 PM
Learn to quote. Just put a "[ QUOTE ]" at the beginning and then a "[/ QUOTE ]" at the end. (note: there should be no spaces between the brackets, but I put them in so it shows up instead of actually quoting something)

loopydate
01-13-2004, 08:12 PM
Learn to quote. Just put a "[ QUOTE ]" at the beginning and then a "[/ QUOTE ]" at the end. (note: there should be no spaces between the brackets, but I put them in so it shows up instead of actually quoting something)

Or just click the "Reply" button at the end of the post you want to quote, as I just did.

HBKHHH
01-13-2004, 08:18 PM
Or just click the "Reply" button at the end of the post you want to quote, as I just did.

that seems a tad easier thankx for both of ur advice

ColdwaVer
01-13-2004, 08:21 PM
Back on topic, awesome match, mostly because of the buildup, and partly because of the "waiting for Foley" atmosphere. Orton is learning a lot about in-ring psychology, and that added to his raw talent will take him places (though his promos need a lot of work)

Innovator
01-13-2004, 08:26 PM
Orton was impressive last night, and no one sells a DDT better than RVD. Great match

Mr. JL
01-13-2004, 08:27 PM
Am I the only one who does not want to see Foley face off against Orton. The way they're booking this, looks like theres a match between the two probally at Wrestle Mania. I just really don't want to see Mick Foley wrestle Randy Orton. I just think it is a bad move, considering the other possible options they have...

HBK-Foley
Rock-Foley
Triple H-Foley
RVD-Foley

natureboycv
01-13-2004, 08:30 PM
<font color=8307ff><b>I really got into the match, sick DDT at the end. :cool:

lol my parents were watching and when RVD got thrown off the top rope to the outside me and my dad were like :cool: and my mom was like that doesn't compare to when Foley was thrown off the cage that was REAL</font></b>

BasicThuganomics
01-13-2004, 09:04 PM
Am I the only one who does not want to see Foley face off against Orton. The way they're booking this, looks like theres a match between the two probally at Wrestle Mania. I just really don't want to see Mick Foley wrestle Randy Orton. I just think it is a bad move, considering the other possible options they have...

HBK-Foley
Rock-Foley
Triple H-Foley
RVD-Foley

Well, Foley isn't gonna be the same as before, so the matches you listed wouldn't be as good as you're hoping probably. But just so you know, rumors are going that Rock and Sock connection will team up at Wrestlemania, not Foley in a singles match.

And on the topic, Orton is improving alot lately, I've always thought that he's had potential. This match proved that Orton is capable of good things sometime down the road. If he isn't rushed to the top and continues to improve, he will surely be a good main eventer in a year or two.

And as we all know, RVD is the man! :y: but he's stuck being the man in the midcard :( :n:

Mr. JL
01-13-2004, 09:06 PM
And as we all know, RVD is the man! :y: but he's stuck being the man in the midcard :( :n:

DOH.....:(

The CyNick
01-13-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally I thought Foley would come back last night, and then set up a one on one match with Orton at the Rumble.

However, now what I'm thinking is that Foley returns at Mania (for his first match) with Rock and they beat Orton and Batista. Maybe even with Foley pinning Orton, which normally I would be against.

However.......

The next month they have a RAW PPV so I would book Orton-Foley for the IC title, perhaps in a Street Fight or whatever. Anyway, here I would have Orton go over clean with the RKO.

That way the fans get to pop for the return of Foley, and he makes a successful comeback with a win over Evolution (which wont kill Orton cause its a tag match and he's a singles guy). Then at Backlash, I have confidence that not only will Foley put over Orton, but he will put him over in a way that makes him look like a top guy (like he did with Austin, Rock and HHH). That would coincide with HHH losing to Benoit for the 2nd straight PPV. So now you have Orton skyrocketing while Hunter is going south. Hunter then leaves for a while to do his next movie, and you have planted the seeds for Orton-Hunter next year.

As for Orton-RVD:

I really liked the match, and I liked the rest spots. Its interesting that rest spots to me, because they weren't done for so long can often times make a match much better. With the rest, guys can catch their breath, tell a better story in the ring, and at the same time when they do some high spots it seems like an even bigger deal.

Anyway, the match was really well done, especially considering how young Orton is, I think he's the real deal. I also loved the finish. I like when matches end with something other than a guys' finisher, it makes the thing seem more real. And its even better when they can do a move that looked as believable as that DDT.

Finally, its nice to see a heel booked like a heel, but still getting a clean win, instead of the tradition chairshots, interfernce that we've come to know and love or hate.

FourFifty
01-13-2004, 11:35 PM
Best. Orton Match. Ever

John la Rock
01-13-2004, 11:38 PM
Randy Orton really impressed me last night. His in ring work is tremendous. I loved the match with RVD from beginning to finish. These two have great chemistry together. I loved that DDT that Orton gave Van Dam to win the match. Id put this match at the same level as HHH/HBK from a couple of weeks back. Orton is definetly the star of the future :y:

Splaya
01-14-2004, 12:26 AM
Before the match last night, Orton had not really done anything to impress me. After watching him last night, he really impressed me. I have read on Prowrestling.com that Orton was legitamately hurt and that he was knocked out from a kick from RVD. I found it a little bit weird that when I thought about it and JR had pointed it out, that before Orton did the move off the ropes, that Orton's eyes were smiling like a psychotic person. I thought that added more to the match. Now I am really all for having HHH lose at the Rumble to HBK, have him leave to do movies and let HBK then lose the title back to HHH at the big "RAW PPV" Raw that they have (it goes against the week before the Smackdown only PPV No Way Out) and have HHH defend against someone of their choosing. But I see Orton now getting over more and HHH heading more south.

BTW speaking of HHH did anyone notice how dead the crowd was when he came out last night to his music???