PDA

View Full Version : NOSTALGIA THREAD - Hasbro Action Figures

Hitman84
04-24-2005, 01:52 PM
I had the WWF ring and, by the time I had 'grown up' and was 'too old for wrestling toys', 22 action figures. These toys were just cool!
The wrestlers I had were:
Bret Hart
British Bulldog
Hulk Hogan
Brutus Beefcake
Earthquake
Typhoon
Hawk
Animal
Bushwhacker Luke
Bushwhacker Butch
Randy Savage
Roddy Piper
Virgil
Jim Duggan
Sgt Slaughter
IRS
Undertaker
Papa Shango
Ric Flair
The Mountie
Sid Justice
Warlord

What ones did you guys have?

loopydate
04-24-2005, 01:56 PM
I had almost all of them:

Akeem
Andre The Giant
Ax
Berzerker
Big Boss Man
Bret Hart
British Bulldog
Brutus Beefcake
Bushwhacker Butch
Bushwhacker Luke
Crush
Doink the Clown
Dusty Rhodes
Earthquake
El Matador
Giant Gonzalez
Greg Valentine
Headshrinker Fatu
Headshrinker Samu
Honky Tonk Man
Hulk Hogan
Irwin R. Schyster
Jake Roberts
Jim Duggan
Jimmy Snuka
Jim Neidhart
Kamala
Marty Jannetty
Mr. Perfect
The Mountie
Papa Shango
Randy Savage
Razor Ramon
Repo Man
Rick Martel
Rick Rude
Rick Steiner
Ricky Steamboat
Roddy Piper
Scott Steiner
Sgt. Slaughter
Shawn Michaels
Skinner

Smash
Tatanka
Ted DiBiase

Texas Tornado
Typhoon
Ultimate Warrior
Undertaker
Virgil
Warlord

Loose Cannon
04-24-2005, 01:58 PM
yea, I made a thread like this a little while back. I had (wait, I still have them) like 40 guys and I had some LJN guys, but threw them out :(

PureHatred
04-24-2005, 02:06 PM
What is wrong with you? Good job, LC, you just made Jesus cry.

adamwwe
04-24-2005, 02:42 PM
I gave some away to a charity, but I still have a few LJN figures. They aren't in the best of conditions, but they're cool. I also have the ring and the blue cage.

I know I still have:

Hulk Hogan
Bruno Sammartino
Tito Santana
Both British Bulldogs
Vince McMahon
Referee (Dave Hebner?)
Koko B. Ware (I've lost Frankie though, which sucks)
Randy Savage
Elizabeth
Jake Roberts & Damien

Gouda
04-24-2005, 02:44 PM
I had these rubber/plastic ones. I still have all of thembut mostof them either have big black scratches/scuff marks on them or the paint is coming off.

Ones I can remember off the top of my head:
Macho Man
Don Maraco
Jake the Snake
Slick
Elizabeth x 2
Koko B.Ware
One of the Killer Bees
JYD
Hacksaw Jim Duggan... with 2x4!!
Honky Tonk Man

And.... there were others which I can't seem to remember right now.

EDIT- Oh yeah:

Jimmy Hart
Lou Albano
Hillbilly Jim
Bobby Heenan

Innovator
04-24-2005, 03:01 PM
Lets see...

2 Hogans
2 Brets
Ultimate Warrior
Macho Man
Andre
Mr. Perfect
Bushwhackers
Rockers
Razor Ramon
Million Dollar Man
Honky Tonk Man
El Matador
Earthquake
IRS
Yokozuna
Hacksaw Jim Duggan HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Ric Flair
Undertaker
Big Bossman

DaveWadding
04-24-2005, 03:30 PM
Like loopy, I have almost all of the Hasbro figures.

loopydate
04-24-2005, 03:33 PM
A few months ago, I thought about doing shows with mine and posting them here c-fed_style, but:

a) I don't have a digital camera
b) I don't have the time

Maybe sometime down the line...

DaveWadding
04-24-2005, 03:37 PM
A few months ago, I thought about doing shows with mine and posting them here c-fed_style, but:

a) I don't have a digital camera
b) I don't have the time

Maybe sometime down the line...
I just might do that....:D (after I buy a digital camera this week :shifty:

Sephiroth
04-24-2005, 03:38 PM
I have the WWF ring and the wrestlers...somewhere.

The ones, that i have for sure are:

Hogan
Jake "The Snake" Roberts
Million Dollar Man
Demolition Team
Macho Man
Ultimate Warrior
Mr Perfect

loopydate
04-24-2005, 03:41 PM
I just might do that....:D (after I buy a digital camera this week :shifty:
Hey, you do it, and I'll help you write 'em, if you want.

You know, to make up for the fact that I said I'd do it a long time ago and never did.

KayfabeMan
04-24-2005, 06:09 PM
I absolutely love the Hasbro figures. I think they're some of the best ever made. I have all of the Hasbro line, except for Andre and either of the Mr. Perfects. I also have the yellow Hasbro ring [with the flag and the belt :) ].

I remember getting the green carded series of the Hasbro figs (Yoko, Adam Bomb, 123 Kid, etc.) at a collector's show once when I was little. I had went with my grandparents, and they got me the set. I opened them up and played with them, etc. - and now they're worth like a fortune on the card :( However, looking back on it, I am glad I opened 'em, because at least I have the memories of using the figs, and I'd never sell 'em anyway :)

KayfabeMan
04-24-2005, 06:13 PM
Also, to me, the other cool thing about the Hasbro figs was that they didn't get wear and tear on them [unless you absolutely played with them like a psychopath - like my friend, who smashed his together as if he were trying to break them]. I literally played with them every single day, sometimes for the entire day on weekends, and all of my Hasbro's are brand new [except for 2 Demolition figures that I bought used].

None of them are missing paint, none have any chips, etc.

Loose Cannon
04-24-2005, 06:18 PM
Yea, I played with them for like 5 hours straight sometimes when I was little. I broke a few arms and legs though :shifty:

I jobbed Duggan so many times. haha

DaveWadding
04-24-2005, 07:10 PM
I absolutely love the Hasbro figures. I think they're some of the best ever made. I have all of the Hasbro line, except for Andre and either of the Mr. Perfects. I also have the yellow Hasbro ring [with the flag and the belt :) ].

I remember getting the green carded series of the Hasbro figs (Yoko, Adam Bomb, 123 Kid, etc.) at a collector's show once when I was little. I had went with my grandparents, and they got me the set. I opened them up and played with them, etc. - and now they're worth like a fortune on the card :( However, looking back on it, I am glad I opened 'em, because at least I have the memories of using the figs, and I'd never sell 'em anyway :)
I think everyone stopped collecting before the green cards came out (including me :'()

wwe2222
04-24-2005, 07:46 PM
I had the yellow tights mr perfect (I think the US version they released had blue) cause I got him in Florence, Italy.

I loved those figures, I even used to make up my own rankings for the world, ic, and tag title divisions.

Mr. Perfect became world champ many a times. He even beat Hogan if I remember correctly, heh.

Marcyo
04-24-2005, 09:49 PM
I love the action figures, but i gotta buy some... :(

loopydate
04-24-2005, 10:01 PM
I had the blue ring with the belt and flag.

Unlike KFM, mine had a lot of problems. Hulk Hogan lost a finger, Ted Dibiase lost a thumb, both of Rick Rude's arms fell off, as did one of Jake Roberts' and Smash's (fortunately, I had two Smashes, so the two-armed one got used and the broken one didn't), oh yeah and El Matador lost an arm, too.

I guess I was pretty rough on them.

Gouda
04-24-2005, 11:11 PM
You betrayers! When my toys lost limbs I still played with them! Like that Footsoldier who ironically lost his foot! I mean... after losing a leg he became a bigger threat than ever! :shifty:

loopydate
04-24-2005, 11:16 PM
Oh, I kept using 'em. Rick Rude became a martial arts expert when he lost the use of his arms. And Hogan could still press-slam someone with one less finger.

But while I waited for my mom to hot-glue somebody back together (which inevitable resulted in the body part falling off again anyway), I would push someone else up the card.

My best story ever involved the Berzerker and Papa Shango and a face-turn for Shango. Awesome stuff.

Loose Cannon
04-24-2005, 11:52 PM
Rude was the only Series 1 guy I didn't have. :(

Oh and my Perfect wore Yellow.

The Ravishing One
04-25-2005, 04:46 AM
I have a few still on card, i used to have over 50 still carded but sold the majority of them.

Hitman84
04-25-2005, 07:42 AM
The only breakages that happened to my wrestling toys were that the spikes would snap off the LOD's shoulder pads. That and the gold paint all scratched off the little belt that came with the ring. Bret Hart won the WWF title as soon as I got the figure - and was undefeated until such times as I was made to give all my wrestling toys to the charity shop (grr!)

I had the blue ring with the flag and belt. A friend had it with the sound box, which was way cool - I really wanted that! There were loads of other figures that I wanted, and a friend of mine had (he was a little spoiled - whenever a new figure was released he'd cry to his mummy and he'd get it within a day, on one occasion he was bought about five figures :rant: yes, I was jealous! :lol: ). Razor Ramon, the Nasty Boys, the Rockers, HBK, Mr Perfect, Doink, Jim Neidhart, Owen Hart, Demolition, Ted DiBiase,Yokozuna to name but a few. I also really wanted the Hulk Hogan figure in the red singlet, red tights and yellow boots - but I believe this was a limited edition, mail order one.

Still I got a lot of enjoyment out of the toys I did have and I wish I still had them - not to play with necessarly :lol: but to have on display.

SuperSlim
04-25-2005, 08:42 AM
I used to have some but now they are all gone :(

Hired Hitman
04-25-2005, 09:20 AM
I didn't have any, If I ever get a few hundred dollars spare I'd love to buy all of the current WWE "action Figures" with the bending arms and legs, none of those stand in one shape that should hardly be called "Action" Figures.

It would be good to place a ring with a few wrestlers in it in a royal rumble-like model, it would look cool I think.

Disturbed316
04-25-2005, 10:32 AM
I have loads of them up in my loft, about 3 big boxes worth. I would still play with them if I didn't feel guilty after :$

Got a couple of injuries, Macho King's arm broke off (:'( he was the first figure I got), LOD's spikes broke off their shoulder pads and Hollywood Hogan's leg broke off, but that was a new crappy figure. Red and Yellow Hogan lives on strong :cool:

Gouda
04-25-2005, 11:57 AM
I also have this mini Hulk Hogan and mini Iron Sheik who literally have holes in their asses for you to stick your finger up and use like a finger puppet or something.

loopydate
04-25-2005, 01:33 PM
Those were "Thumb Wrestlers." I have those, too. Plus, I have Hillbilly Jim and Big John Studd.

XL
04-25-2005, 02:23 PM
Those figures were awesome!!!

I still have mine on top of my wardrobe!

One thing that I hated was when, if you played with a friend and they would do a stupid splash from the top rope. That really fucked me off! I mean MY matches were masterpieces of technical wrestling full of ring psychology!

Anyway, I had...

2 Hogans
Duggan
LOD
Undertaker
Yokozuna
Doink
Earthquake
Typhoon
El Matador
Big Boss Man
Papa Shango
The Rockers
Shawn Michaels
Tatanka
Lex Luger
Mr. Perfect
Ric Flair
The Bushwackers
One of the Headshrinkers
2 Macho Mans
Jake the Snake
Ultimate Warrior
Brutus Beefcake
Koko B. Ware
Ricky Steamboat
Bret Hart
Roddy Piper
Bam Bam Bigalow
IRS
Warlord
Sgt Slaughter
Texas Tornado
Stenier Bros
Berzerker
and probably more that I can't remember.

I had the ring as well.

Another thing that annoyed me was when they stopped doing tag teams as dual sets and sold them seperatley for twice as much!! I was not a happy young man!!

Danny Electric
04-25-2005, 02:37 PM
I remember coming rond yours and getting them all out of the box after you had just put them all away.
Sorry dude :)

NoRoolz
04-25-2005, 03:07 PM
Yeah I have loads of them, and I have plenty of new ones too, well, like 2000 series. I even have a Batista and Brock Lesnar squidgy series, my bro got these about a year ago and it reminded me of old times so bad.

It's cool having a younger brother, because you can use him as an excuse for playing with them again :D. Even though I'm the one who mentions getting them out lol.

I always preferred playing alone though, because you can talk to yourself and things :cool:. And when you played with others you get annoyed at how the wrestlers can magically fly, and people like Earthquake can do moonsaults :roll: lol.

NoRoolz
04-25-2005, 03:11 PM
-LOL I just looked in my box of figures, and the WWE title is round Triple H's waist, I don't even remember giving him the title! God damn Trips, even in the world of wrestling figures, Triple H still rules :(.

Disturbed316
04-25-2005, 03:13 PM
I used to run commentry on my matches :cool:

TERMINATOR JUST POWERBOMBED WOLVERINE OFF THE TOP ROPE! BRET HART PUTS WOLVERINE IN THE SHARPSHOOTER!......HE TAPS!

Evil Vito
04-25-2005, 03:55 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Don't have any of the old school figures (didn't get into wrestling until late 1998), but I have a shitload of newer WCW/WWF ones.

<b><u>WCW</u></b>
Bam Bam Bigelow
Billy Kidman
Booker T
Bret Hart (2)
Buff Bagwell
Chris Benoit
Chris Jericho
Curt Hennig
Dean Malenko
Diamond Dallas Page
Disco Inferno
Goldberg
Hollywood Hogan (mini)
Kevin Nash (2, one is a mini)
Konnan
Lex Luger (mini)
Randy Savage (mini)
Raven
Referee
Rey Mysterio Jr.
Ric Flair (mini)
Rick Steiner (mini)
Rowdy Roddy Piper
Scott Hall
Scott Steiner (mini, used to have a larger steroid-loaded Scott Steiner but I traded him)
Sting (mini)
The Giant
Wrath

<b><u>WWF</b></u>
Al Snow
Bad Ass Billy Gunn (2)
Christian
D'Lo Brown
Edge
Hardcore Holly
Kane (2)
Ken Shamrock
Kurt Angle
Mankind (3, one of which has a detractable mask which I lost)
Mark Henry
Mark Mero
Matt Hardy (no Jeff though, I got Matt by trading the large Scott Steiner to my friend)
Mr. McMahon
Owen Hart
Road Dogg Jesse James (2)
Shane McMahon
Stone Cold Steve Austin (2)
Tazz
Test
The Rock (2)
The Undertaker (2)
Triple H (2)
William Regal
X-Pac

I also have a WWF ring that's loaded with a shitload of weapons that came with the figures</font>