PDA

View Full Version : SmackDown...the other white meat.

The One
04-27-2005, 11:13 PM
For the first time in a long time I am going to go ahead and give WWE the thumbs up. They are going to hold a draft, and it couldn't come at a better time for their clear choice as the B-Team show. SmackDown has absolutly nothing going for it. Nothing. I am not talking about a slump, I am saying that no where in the forseeable future can SmackDown produce something interesting without the introduction of a new star on the show. We all know RAW is Vince's baby and will be treated as such, but they sure did put all their eggs in on basket by throwing the title on Cena. Oh wait, they did it, but they made it look like a joke. WrestleMania lead up time = 1 month. Sounds to me like any other show, oh wait except usually a World Title change is the Main Event, but WWE wanted Batista's title win to be main, and Cena's as a clear choice for number 2...ironic that is was choice for number two as the entire SmackDown show has been nothing but number two. Now I don't blame them entirly, clearly Batista was more over at the time of Mania and HHH was more over then JBL, so it made more sense. But then why bother with it. They could have waited until SummerSlam, except...Cena was getting stale and if they didn't put the title on him now they would have missed the boat.

And there you have it the entire interesting notes of SmackDown for the past couple months. Oh there we go there is the point. SmackDown was only based on Cena and JBL. Now there is nothing to make me want to turn on SmackDown anymore. London as the Cruiser Champ is nice in a way except they made him from a jobber to a champ to a jobber to a champ (not unlike any other Cruiser champ before him). I don't know. RAW at least has people who can break free of the restrications that WWE puts on them. Jericho, Benoit, and Christian don't do much more then job their asses off latly, and yet they still remain over. SmackDown doesn't have anyone who can touch any of the three people I have just mentioned, and those are RAW's Main Event fodder. I guess some could say Undertaker still has "it" but I don't think so. Undertaker has it the way Hogan has it, will some marks put their asses in seats, sure, but it wont bring in one single new ass thats for sure.

Do you know what I would like to see on SmackDown, some good quality matches, such as when the brand split first happened, SmackDown was [in my eyes] clear and above RAW at the time...look what happens when you let Heyman go Vince! Also I have been watching alot of older tapes latly and I think I have put my fingure on the one elemnent that has been missing on both shows lately. Humor! Raw has a very serious attitude, which fine let them keep the intense people like Trips and Hunter, and just to have a good match once in a while keep Benoit too. WHy not send over to SmackDown guess who are not only good on the mic, but funny too. Jericho, Christian, even a Hurriance would be nice. If they are going to clearly make SmackDown the minor league, why not give it it's own flavor. I'm not talking about bringing migets into every show (though an ocassional one is nice) but make things funny again. Think back to 99 when E&C had their many interactions with Foley...Sodas Rule...I mean come on. Their time on the Kazoo, classic gold. The promos before the 5 second pose...brilliant. Plus D-Generation D type humor. By no means bring the stable back, but bring back the humor of making sexual referances, talking about poop...hell do the Howard Stern thing again. The Rock used to even be funny. I say let RAW keep doing it's thing, and turn SmackDown into the crude humorous show. [just imagine what JBL could do if they told him to just let his thoughts rip]

Might be a bad idea, but it seemed nice to me.

Kane Knight
04-27-2005, 11:25 PM
there's been a few things to give the WWE a thumbs up for.

I mean, Wrestlemania was fucking hot, and the ads for it ruled. The slow Batista face turn was good, even if they don't know what to do with him. Triple H having a sex change at the next PPV is a nice touch.

TerranRich
04-27-2005, 11:27 PM
Bring back the Warrior!

Er, no. But yeah, I totally agree with the lack of humor in today's product. I miss it. :(

YOUR Hero
04-27-2005, 11:39 PM
How about they make SD! available for everyone to watch.

Kane Knight
04-27-2005, 11:44 PM
How about they make SD! available for everyone to watch.
No. If they do that, the terrorists win.

Nark Order
04-28-2005, 12:04 AM
Exactly.

Mr. Nerfect
04-28-2005, 06:20 AM
I think RAW can sacrifice Michaels, Christian (& Tomko) & Jericho. Also trade Rene Dupree for Rob Conway. Send Eugene to SmackDown!, and have him appear regularly in character, even if it is just on Velocity or something. I'm tempted to say Muhammad Hassan should go to SD!, but when you think about it, there needs to be a few upper-card heels on RAW. Maybe they could trade Daivari or something, so SmackDown! has a new cruiserweight, and Hassan can now get a bodyguard character on RAW, or something. Viscera could fill that role nicely. Actually, on second thoughts, send Hassan over to SD! as well.

I'd do it all with a ten for ten style draft. RAW gets The Undertaker, Booker T (& Sharmell Sullivan), Rene Dupree, Hardcore Holly, Charlie Haas, Dawn Marie, Michelle McCool, Miss Jackie, Heidenreich & Luther Reigns. SmackDown! gets Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, Christian (& Tyson Tomko), William Regal, Tajiri, The Hurricane, Rosey, Simon Dean, Muhammad Hassan (& Khosrow Daivari) & Rob Conway.

Hired Hitman
04-28-2005, 09:32 AM
I have no idea what you're going on about, Smackdown has been better than raw the last few weeks.

El Santo
04-28-2005, 09:48 AM
There's no way that Smackdown could evern become the "crude humor" show. It's on network TV, while Raw is on cable. I think there will be a better balance in this year's trade sice Smackdown is up for renewal on UPN this year, and given that Spike TV made the decision not to carry Raw anymore, I think the WWE will be cautious about losing their spot on UPN.

YOUR Hero
04-28-2005, 09:49 AM
No. If they do that, the terrorists win.
Let them, I can grow a beard.

McLegend
04-28-2005, 10:00 AM
I agree with H² Smackdown has been much better then Raw in recent weeks.

Mr. JL
04-28-2005, 10:40 AM
agree with H² Smackdown has been much better then Raw in recent weeks.

Kane Knight
04-28-2005, 11:01 AM
I agree with MVP agreeing with Legend agreeing with HH.

Hired Hitman
04-28-2005, 11:23 AM
Get with the times K² it's H² now. :roll:

:shifty:

Kane Knight
04-28-2005, 11:37 AM
I'm too lazy to do the Exponent thaing. :p

Anybody Thrilla
04-28-2005, 12:06 PM
No humor? If it's not humorous, it's probably just because you don't think it is, not because they're not trying. Christian is hilarious. Ric Flair is hilarious. Hell, Tyson Tomko is one of the funniest guys on the roster, in my opinion.

It's not that they're not trying, it's just that you don't think it's funny.

Even that shit with Cena and JBL with the animal guts. I didn't think it was funny, but I'm pretty sure it was meant to be.