PDA

View Full Version : Who else is left to bring in?

Dave Youell
04-29-2005, 10:11 AM
With the curently lack of well recognised competition in the wrestling world since the death of WCW, who do you feel is left that could possible attempt to make an impact ala Goldberg (granted they ruined it, but still, could of been huge), by this i mean buys who are established and the casual fan will know of.

The only potential guys that I can think of would be Sting and to a far lesser extent Randy Savage, out of those 2 savage can't work for shit and looks terrible, Sting however from what i've seen can still go and maybe get a year out of him.

Can you think of anyone else who has a recognisable brand that could garner an interest and a ratings spike?

By this I mean guys who can still work, so Bret doesn't count i'm afriad

Disturbed316
04-29-2005, 10:14 AM
I dont think there is anyone, at least people who aren't contracted.

Hitman84
04-29-2005, 10:17 AM
I would love to see Sting in the WWE. I would also like to see Vader back in a WWE ring (is he still working?). He has it all - strength, stamina, technique and incredible speed and agility, given his size.

Ooh and I almost forgot someone else ... The Ultimate Warrior! :rofl::rofl: *joking*

Seriously now, Sting and Vader.

The Gooch
04-29-2005, 12:34 PM
Sting would be great in WWE, but you just know that they would find a way to screw it up. Not to be negative, but Vince did a pretty piss-poor job with most of the WCW mainevent talent that came over.

Bringing in wrestlers from the past should only be for non-wrestling roles or one shot deals. I would love to see Ted DiBiase in a managers role personally.

Crashnburn
04-29-2005, 12:38 PM
If the Rock came back to wrestling full time there would almost deffinately be a spike in the ratings. I also think if Brock came back the ratings would improve but not anything incredible.

Mr. JL
04-29-2005, 01:23 PM
I do not think they can get ANYTHING out of any BIG former WCW star by having them work full-time.

I do believe they could pull in some money for one shot HYPED up appearences though. In fact, you could probally make money off nearly every BIG ex-WCW star by hyping up a single match/appearence no matter how washed up they have become.

Backlash 2001: The WWF just lost the Rock and tried to turn Stone Cold heel. On top of all this, they were trying to get fans to give a fuck about BikerTaker V. Austin for the WWF Championship.

By this time they had both Booker T and Diamond Dallas Page under contract just sitting at home doing NOTHING. The WCW name had not been completely ruined by the Booker/Buff match so they would have been major faces.

I would have had Shane McMahon deliver a message to Stone Cold Steve Austin, requesting that Diamond Dallas Page wants him at Backlash for the WWF Championship and there we have a DREAM match the Monday Night Wars fans want to see.

I would have Stone Cold defeat DDP and based on the reactions from the crowd and wrestling ability DDP looks to have left, I would decide whether or not to continue the feud. If you do not continue the feud then I would just have DDP make Backlash his last appearence in the WWF and that is that.

Then have Austin fight WWF guys for a while and every once in a while when the former BIG ex-WCW stars become availbale(Booker, Hogan, Flair, Nash, Hall, Steiner, Goldberg) I would HYPE up their appearence and place them in BIG one night only main event calibur contests.

TW Mangrove
04-29-2005, 01:29 PM
Bring Technical wrestling. thats what they need to do. Although the WWE and the fans want to see crap so bring back nash and steiner and all those other idiots.

Evolution
04-29-2005, 03:24 PM
Sting is really the only guy left to bring in worth a damn to casual fans and real fans.

But the sad truth is we're more likely to get Lex Luger than Sting.

Or if we got him, he'd get buried by Undertaker within 2 months and would probably get stuck with a Sting song for his entrance.

And he wouldn't come from the rafters. Not after Owen.

PureHatred
04-29-2005, 04:12 PM
No Sting. Just no.

I absolutely marked out for Sting from his Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Band jacket days to his time as the Crow, he was absolutely my favorite face of that entire time period. I twas bad enouh watching WW mishandle him on accident. Seeing hims being booked to shit on purpose because Vince can't let go of a grudge against Ted Turner would make me vomit in my mouth.

Leave Steve Borland alone.

If you're going to bring back anyone just for ratings sake, bring back Rocky. I don't cinsider Brock a "return" since he's still under ocntract to the WWE. What he's doing is like a player holding out of minicamp in the NFL, Drew Rosenhaus_style.

KayfabeMan
04-29-2005, 04:37 PM
I don't think anyone would garner interest or a ratings spike, because they'd more than likely be used incorrectly (ala Goldberg). WWE just has no fucking clue.

James Steele
04-29-2005, 04:40 PM
For the love of God, don't piss on any more great careers.

Funky Fly
04-29-2005, 05:09 PM
They should make a star out of Vampiro. Don't change him, just bring him in and use him well, ala Chris Jericho.

John la Rock
04-29-2005, 08:29 PM
For the love of God, don't piss on any more great careers.

PullMyFinger
04-29-2005, 08:59 PM
They should make a star out of Vampiro. Don't change him, just bring him in and use him well, ala Chris Jericho.
I liked Vampiro too...however, yes, like JS said...don't piss on a decent career. LOL

olympic hitman
04-29-2005, 10:10 PM
No Sting. Just no.

Actually, it's Steve Borden and not "Steve Borland".....

But, yeah, Sting is the only guy left from the WCW era that would make any type of impact. But, the problem is, that the WWE would do the same to him that they done to other WCW talent;

Bring them in and push them initially[to make it look like they tried to give them a push] and then, fuck it up by giving HHH yet ANOTHER win over someone else he hasn't yet beaten.....

So, no. I don't want Sting to come back just to lose. Besides, Sting has been quoted as saying he didn't wanna come to the WWE because it sends "bad messages" to kids watching and isn't clean, family-type entertainment. I think it's a safe bet he won't come back......

Gertner
04-30-2005, 12:46 AM
The Shockmaster.

Fox
04-30-2005, 12:46 AM
He could go to Smackdown, where it's relatively cleaner than RAW. And on Smackdown we could get some amazing matches:

Kurt Angle vs. Sting
JBL vs. Sting
Eddie Guerrero vs. Sting
THE UNDERTAKER VS STING

What about Macho Man Randy Savage? I know he's totally lost it, what with trying to become a rapper and all, but he was a huge figure both in the WWF and WCW. Think he could do anything for the WWE, if nothing more than jobbing to Randy Orton to increase his Legend Killer count?

Corkscrewed
04-30-2005, 04:50 AM
The Shockmaster.
http://tpww.net/forums/images/smilies/thumbup.gif http://tpww.net/forums/images/smilies/thumbup.gifhttp://tpww.net/forums/images/smilies/thumbup.gif http://tpww.net/forums/images/smilies/thumbup.gif

parkmania
04-30-2005, 08:32 AM

Would that be Al Borland's brother?

I can see it now - The plaid flannel face paint; the signature slaute to the crowd before performing his finisher, the Yawner; etc. etc.

Lamuella
04-30-2005, 11:44 AM
oh for christ's almighty sake

the very VERY last thing WWE needs to do is pay too much money for a "name".

What they need to do is build their own stars. And how do you build stars? By letting people have good high quality matches.

here's a short guide to how to turn a good but relatively unknown worker into a star.

1) train him on the mic. Make it so his promos are either funny or intense or otherwise interesting. Make it so the crowd can either laugh with him, boo him, or cheer him.
2)give him more time for his matches. Give him opponents that have some credibility.
3) don't blow your wad. 3 weeks of work isn't enough to make, say, Lance Storm a world title contender. It <i>might</i> be enough to make him an IC title contender, which leads me to...
4) Give him a lesser belt. Let him defend it against all comers. Give these matches time and prominence, either on TV or better still on pay per view
5) give him a feud that people care about with someone who is established as a contender. Make it a long hard road, but have him win. Cleanly.
6) Have him drop the lesser belt in a respectable way. This doesn't automatically mean have someone cheat to take it off him, but don't have his balls taken away with the belt. A loss to a crony of the world champion, fuelling the fire of a rivalry with the world champ, would be a nice touch.
7) If he's a heel, have him badly beat up a popular face. If he's a face, have him save a popular face from a beating by a popular heel.
8) put him in a tag match in which the world champion is involved. Get people used to the sight of him having back and forth action with the world champ.
9) Don't blow your wad. Moving to the main event doesn't mean you get a world title shot tomorrow. Lots of people have been depushed because they lost their first shot at the duke. Likewise don't put the belt on him straight away. Have him feud with another legit main eventer, have the feud mean something. Either have him win or have the kind of loss that makes him look like a badass.
10) Give him a world title shot at one of the major PPVs. Summerslam or Survivor Series. As long as the match is great it doesn't really matter for his standing if he wins or loses.

sorry, this turned into a rant about something else entirely. My point is that WWE doesn't NEED outside "stars", and if they're sensible they shouldn't want them either.

olympic hitman
04-30-2005, 04:22 PM
Would that be Al Borland's brother?

I can see it now - The plaid flannel face paint; the signature slaute to the crowd before performing his finisher, the Yawner; etc. etc.

:rofl: Yes, he might just be related......

The Borland Bros. tag team? Steve & Al. That's something Vince might actually go for.

Vince: By God, I've got it;
Sting:What is it?
Vince: We bring in Richard Karn from 'Home Improvement' since your names are similar and make you the Borland Brothers as a tag team with flannel attire & we'll call your tag team finisher the Tool Time, what do you think Steve?
Sting: It's SHOWTIME! WOOOOOOO!!!

Now, if that scenario didn't deliver ratings, they could always hire a Beverly Hills writer or bring back Russo :y:

Amaroqwolf
04-30-2005, 06:57 PM
Is it normal to twitch after reading his posts?

Lamuella
05-01-2005, 01:43 PM
who exactly?