PDA

View Full Version : In a couple of years, where do you see the WWE Superstar Wise?

Kenny
12-09-2003, 08:35 PM
I think that Randy Orton and John Cena are going to be 2 faces we see a lot within' the next couple of years. I see Randy Orton following a similar path as The Rock and John Cena following a similar one as Stone Cold Steve Austin.

I'm sure Orton will be a babyface by then as well. Eventually, so many Wrestlemania's down to road I wouldn't be suprised if Cena vs Orton could be as big as The Rock vs Austin if they play their cards right. You look at them both and you see future written all over them.

I also think we'll see a few tag teams branch out. SPECIALLY TWGTT. I don't know who'd get the bigger push but I'd like to see both Benjamin and Haas have a descent mid-card singles run in the coming years.

I think we'll see Booker T in the Main Event picture by now. Maybe with luck RVD as well. I wouldn't mind seeing a storyline where RVD developes this "WWE wrestlers are pussies and I'm extreme" character... which I think would be perfect for him. It could start out as a heel... that would eventually turn him into an even huger face as he gets more and more extreme.

Jordan
12-09-2003, 08:37 PM
In a couple of years the WWE will be dead.

Ricky
12-09-2003, 08:41 PM
Jordan X do you just hate the WWE full stop?

MVP
12-09-2003, 09:24 PM
I think ever since Randy Orton returned from his injury last summer he's been pushed at a reasonable rate. I think within two years Randy will have already been a main eventer and a major influence on WWE's success. If he wins the IC title at Armageddon it'll give him that extra step to becoming a main eventer. He's got the talent.

Chris Benoit is without a doubt one of WWE's best in-ring performers. His uniquetechnical skill makes him a highly credible addition to the main event scene on Smackdown, and I think that if his title push goes through it'll give him a guaranteed spot for a long time.

John Cena is just like Randy Orton. He still has a little work to do with his in-ring capabilities, but he definitely owns the upper midcard of Smackdown. Again, like Orton, I think a U.S. title reign will give him that one extra step that he needs to the main event scene.

I'm more impressed with Brock Lesnar every time I see him. He's a threatening beast with amazing strength that carries him through WWE. He's not going to be stale anytime soon.

As for Booker T I think he's still planning on retirement this coming summer.

Mr. Nerfect
12-09-2003, 09:53 PM
Randy Orton and John Cena will be the Austin & The Rock of their prime. Kane will make the top three stars in the WWE, before retiring or doing a Undertaker and hang around as a leader. Jericho isn't anywhere near retiring. He will be huge. As will Angle and Benoit. Both may not be wrestling for much longer though. The Rock will always be invloved with WWE as long as he is either in shape or making movies. Maybe not as a competitor though. I see Foley still making appearances. As will Stone Cold. Flair will retire for good. Batista will be a big name. Maybe as Leviathan? esnar will still be around as the biggest name on SmackDown! Goldberg may have a few years left in him, too. Undertaker will retire as one of the biggest names in the industry. The Big Show will turn face before retiring. Matt Morgan will be something big too. I'm not sure about Matt Hardy. He will get over, but the WWE may hold him down. Triple H wil always be invloved in some way. Probably as an owner. I can see him replacing Vince McMahon (storyline wise). I can either see both APA members retiring, or Bradshaw making it as a singles star (the WWE will shove him down our throats). I don't know if Los Guerreros will be big as singles stars, but I could see them reuniting as a huge face team in the future.

HeartBreakMan2k
12-09-2003, 09:59 PM
John Cena with enough protection could be the next huge face [or heel for that matter] in the buisness, but with the way the WWE has "pushed" their superstars as of late it's pretty much impossible to predict who it will be.

HeartBreakMan2k
12-09-2003, 10:01 PM
Bradshaw making it as a singles star (the WWE will shove him down our throats).

Isn't that what's pretty much happening now?

Corkscrewed
12-10-2003, 04:07 AM
Triple H rules everything.

targo_the_sho_stopa
12-10-2003, 07:34 AM
I think that with a bit of luck we will see such guys as RVD, Booker, Benoit and Cena main eventing, I would also like to put Batista up there. Brock will still be around but I wanna see him take a break from main-eventing (Minnesotta Stretching Crew!!!!!!) I'd like to see Charlie Haas or perhaps Shelton branch out on their own, I think they could have a promising singles career. If Batista or RVD or Booker don't win the World Heavyweight title and if Benoit or Cena don't win the WWE title by the time they retire then the writers have a major problem with talent.

Dave Youell
12-10-2003, 07:37 AM
In a couple of years Booker T will be retired and will never be Main Eventing. he may be given the Belt as a thank you, but that's it. He wont be wrestling 12 months from now.

And that is from his own mouth

StoneColdStunner
12-10-2003, 08:06 AM

Maybe...but you will be 2 :lol: I will help you if you arent

Mikey
12-10-2003, 03:43 PM
I
I think we'll see Booker T in the Main Event picture by now. Maybe with luck RVD as well. I wouldn't mind seeing a storyline where RVD developes this "WWE wrestlers are pussies and I'm extreme" character... which I think would be perfect for him. It could start out as a heel... that would eventually turn him into an even huger face as he gets more and more extreme.

I heard that Booker T is close to retirement :(

StoneColdStunner
12-10-2003, 03:58 PM
I heard that Booker T is close to retirement :(

Really, Booker :'( Say it aint so...say it aint so :cry:

The Show Off
12-10-2003, 04:01 PM
In a few years the tope 8 main eventers will be:

Triple H: Does anyone think he's just going to walk away, just like that?

Randy Orton: Not in the vein of The Rock as most of you think, but more in the vein of Ric Flair

Edge: He's been out a year and everone forgets about him, shame on you, this guy is so over by just walking out on stage, he just has a natural chrisma about him.

Brock Leasner: He's one of the top guys now, and he's young, in a few years this won't change

Chris Jericho: If you figure it out ligitmatly, he's one of 2 people today, the other being Kurt Angle, that is in the top three of mic workers, and top three of ring workers, why wouldn't he be up there?

Chris Benoit: He'll be the black sheep of the group however, without the mic work he's never going to have long title reigns maybe 2 or 3 reigns that last about 2 or 3 months.

Rob Van Dam: Soon he will threaten to leave the WWE and Vince will see that he is one of the most over guys in the biz, it's only a matter of Rob forcing the issue.

Eddie Gurerro: The first time the give him the title will be just a footnote in a bigger feud, but when they see the crowd's reaction to this they'll run with it.

The CyNick
12-10-2003, 06:14 PM
In a few years the tope 8 main eventers will be:

Triple H: Does anyone think he's just going to walk away, just like that?

Randy Orton: Not in the vein of The Rock as most of you think, but more in the vein of Ric Flair

Edge: He's been out a year and everone forgets about him, shame on you, this guy is so over by just walking out on stage, he just has a natural chrisma about him.

Brock Leasner: He's one of the top guys now, and he's young, in a few years this won't change

Chris Jericho: If you figure it out ligitmatly, he's one of 2 people today, the other being Kurt Angle, that is in the top three of mic workers, and top three of ring workers, why wouldn't he be up there?

Chris Benoit: He'll be the black sheep of the group however, without the mic work he's never going to have long title reigns maybe 2 or 3 reigns that last about 2 or 3 months.

Rob Van Dam: Soon he will threaten to leave the WWE and Vince will see that he is one of the most over guys in the biz, it's only a matter of Rob forcing the issue.

Eddie Gurerro: The first time the give him the title will be just a footnote in a bigger feud, but when they see the crowd's reaction to this they'll run with it.

I agree with the first 4, as for the other 4, I would say Cena, Morgan, Batista, Angle if he's healthy and a couple of others.

Basically I never see those bottom 4 guys being given a solid run in the main event spot (especially RVD). If we are still lucky enough to have Benoit around he will be in the same spot, same for Jericho and Eddie. With RVD, I would be suprised if he's as high on the roster as he is now.

sexymanalive
12-30-2003, 06:41 PM
I think ever since Randy Orton returned from his injury last summer he's been pushed at a reasonable rate. I think within two years Randy will have already been a main eventer and a major influence on WWE's success. If he wins the IC title at Armageddon it'll give him that extra step to becoming a main eventer. He's got the talent.

Chris Benoit is without a doubt one of WWE's best in-ring performers. His uniquetechnical skill makes him a highly credible addition to the main event scene on Smackdown, and I think that if his title push goes through it'll give him a guaranteed spot for a long time.

John Cena is just like Randy Orton. He still has a little work to do with his in-ring capabilities, but he definitely owns the upper midcard of Smackdown. Again, like Orton, I think a U.S. title reign will give him that one extra step that he needs to the main event scene.

I'm more impressed with Brock Lesnar every time I see him. He's a threatening beast with amazing strength that carries him through WWE. He's not going to be stale anytime soon.

As for Booker T I think he's still planning on retirement this coming summer.

do you know that for a fact because on WWE.com he said that he might go to smackdown these coming summer

EazyMack
12-30-2003, 07:17 PM
I think the WWE is doing the right thing by pushing all the young talent, even though it would be nice to see some of my old favorites win a belt or two (Taker, Stone Cold, HBK, even Flair). But I think the WWE is setting itself up nicely for the near future, there should be a lot of great talent dominating the scene within the next couple years.

EazyMack
05-15-2007, 12:55 AM
Just thought I'd bump this thread 3.5 years later to review predictions. :D

And to raise the question again.

Jeritron
05-15-2007, 01:10 AM
Randy Orton and John Cena will be the Austin & The Rock of their prime. Kane will make the top three stars in the WWE, before retiring or doing a Undertaker and hang around as a leader. Jericho isn't anywhere near retiring. He will be huge. As will Angle and Benoit. Both may not be wrestling for much longer though. The Rock will always be invloved with WWE as long as he is either in shape or making movies. Maybe not as a competitor though. I see Foley still making appearances. As will Stone Cold. Flair will retire for good. Batista will be a big name. Maybe as Leviathan? esnar will still be around as the biggest name on SmackDown! Goldberg may have a few years left in him, too. Undertaker will retire as one of the biggest names in the industry. The Big Show will turn face before retiring. Matt Morgan will be something big too. I'm not sure about Matt Hardy. He will get over, but the WWE may hold him down. Triple H wil always be invloved in some way. Probably as an owner. I can see him replacing Vince McMahon (storyline wise). I can either see both APA members retiring, or Bradshaw making it as a singles star (the WWE will shove him down our throats). I don't know if Los Guerreros will be big as singles stars, but I could see them reuniting as a huge face team in the future.

ROFL

Mr. Nerfect
05-15-2007, 03:40 AM
I was actually right about a few things:

-JBL was forced down our throats as a singles star.

-Batista did become huge for a while. Come on, who besides Jim Cornette called it back in 2003?

-The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Mick Foley still make appearances. The Rock only like once a year, if that.

-Angle and Benoit did swell up to bigger stars than they were in 2003. Benoit became "the guy" in 2004 for a while. Angle, crazy or not, is still the best wrestler in the world, and made waves and has had several classics since then.

-I was dead-on about Matt Hardy.

-The Big Show retired, I got that much right. And he turned face; he just didn't go out as one.

-John Cena is the next everything now, according to the WWE. By position, I was correct. I wish he'd fuck off, though.

Now for what I got wrong:

-Kane has been mishandled so badly by the WWE, it's to no one's surprise that he became nothing.

-Jericho did retire, but he might still yet return. It is being rumoured. If so, he will be the hottest thing they have.

-Ric Flair didn't retire, but he should have.

-Eddie Guerrero became huge the very next year. I didn't see it coming, though. I really didn't get the Eddie love at the time.

Johnny Vegas
05-15-2007, 01:39 PM
Man, you need to be stabbed Alienoid jk. I didn't know this thread got bumped so i'm looking at the posts like "wtf is Lesnar coming back?"

Theo Dious
05-15-2007, 01:53 PM

See, I didn't realized this had been bumped either, and I was about to say "yeah, someone probably said that a couple years ago too." :lol: