PDA

View Full Version : Official Backlash Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

The Answer
05-01-2005, 10:39 PM
That's what I'd do too, if I just beat an undefeated Arab American. I'd log on TPWW and talk about it.

Meh they beat Daivari not Hussan

PullMyFinger
05-01-2005, 10:40 PM
Well if this one sucked, better be ready for yet another one..HIAC...holy shit, I wish WCW was still alive!

Hired Hitman
05-01-2005, 10:40 PM
Daivari was also undefeated... right, cause be beat hbk... :o

M. Banana
05-01-2005, 10:41 PM
If I defeated an undefeated arab american, who is really probably hispanic or something..

I'd steal his woman.

PullMyFinger
That's what I'd do too, if I just beat an undefeated Arab American. I'd log on TPWW and talk about it.
damn right

The Answer
Their beating the shit out of refs. The match is getting better... and Batista wins with a Batista bomb when HHH was clubbing in the head in the corner.

:n: :n:

Wait a minute Hogan is coming out and Batista challenges him to go one on one. Match begins and Hogan hits the boot. Here comes the leg drop

Not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:rofl:

UmbrellaCorporation
05-01-2005, 10:43 PM
If I defeated an undefeated arab american, who is really probably hispanic or something..

I'd steal his woman.

Heck yeah. Then would you reveal her face to the world out of spite? That'd be really awesome. :cool:

Hired Hitman
05-01-2005, 10:44 PM
then it ends up being your sister/wife or both :eek:

UmbrellaCorporation
05-01-2005, 10:45 PM
then it ends up being your sister/wife or both :eek:

SWERVE! :D

M. Banana
05-01-2005, 10:53 PM
YOU GOT BITCHED

M. Banana
05-01-2005, 10:54 PM
Con fucking rocks.

Nervous Ferret
05-01-2005, 11:22 PM
someone list all the results.

XL
05-01-2005, 11:25 PM
Benjamin beat Jericho
Kane beat Vis
Hurricane/Rosey won tag titles
Hogan/Micahels beat the Arab Americans
Edge beat Benoit
Batista beat HHH

M. Banana
05-02-2005, 12:18 AM
Repssss

Gertner
05-02-2005, 12:29 AM
Pretty good ppv

Glad Benjamin won. match started off slow, but man what a ending.

Wish the Heartthrobs would have won

Same with Vis. Amazingly happy with the crowd response he got. He's the man

Batista vs HHH- blah

Edge vs Benoit pretty good match.

Christian owns.

Gouda
05-02-2005, 01:18 AM
WWE.com has a transcript of Christian's rap up:

On RAW, you’ve got Batista with muscles to spare
But he’s got charisma, like Tomko’s got hair.

You got Triple H and Ric Flair, their legend still grows
26 titles between them, and the world’s biggest nose.

Have you heard the one about JBL, you know the rich guy on SmackDown!?
Well I hear his taxes are still soaring
But he’s no wrestling God, just a God of boring.

Seems to me I’m forgetting somebody…who am I forgetting?
Oh yeah, he’s the guy that inspired this little rap, the WWE Champion John Cena.
Well I got a little something for him

You wanna hear it? Well it goes a little something like this.

Hey Cena, you think I’m jealous of your fortune and fame
Well you talk like Snoop Dogg, but you look like Corey Haim
So after the draft, whether it’s RAW or SmackDown!, JR or Michael Cole
I will be champion, cuz THAT’S HOW I ROLL!
------------

Christian is GOLD. I just LOVE how he's punking out everybody, heels and faces alike.

Corkscrewed
05-02-2005, 04:05 AM
I <3 Christian. :love:

RP
05-02-2005, 04:16 AM
I <3 Christian. :love:

The Mackem
05-02-2005, 06:50 AM
Yeah seriously Christian is the man, we came back from drinking and were pissing ourselves at Christian. This guy should be champion within a year if they have any sense :shifty:

Saw the Kane/Viscera, Hogan&Michaels, HHH/Batista match. How dare HHH hit Ric Flair :mad:

NoRoolz
05-02-2005, 07:13 AM
I thought the PPV was one of the best in ages...

Shelton V Jericho: A great match, some high spots, and WHAT AN ENDING!

Tag Team Turmoil: I love a good ol' turmoil, and it was nice to see Hurricane and Rosey finally get the gold, but I hope this doesn't mean Hurricane can't go to Smackdown though.

Edge V Benoit: Well planned match, we saw all the old tools, like a ladder, dustbins, brick :shifty:, with the best spot being when Benoit suicide dived over the ropes only to get hit by a trashcan lid. Plus a nice heel ending, so Benoit doesn't lose any overness.

Kane V Viscera: Not a bad match, not great, but definitely watchable. Loved seeing the crowd get behind Viscera at the end, Big Vis rules.

HBK and Hogan V Arab Americans: Now this was truly a mark-out moment, although I've been saying 'Oh Hogan should retire...etc' I marked out when the Hulkster and HBK celebrated, then got that 'fan' in the ring with the tattoo on his back :D.

Batista V HHH: This match started off slow, but then got really good towards the end, I was expecting a snorefest but I was actually really entertained. There were points when I thought HHH was going to win.

Christian Segment: This guy is the best entertainer in the WWE right now, you have to love Christian.

Is it just me, or did this seem a little like an attitude era P.P.V? Like a great opening IC title match, an old school Turmoil, all the old weapons and an interesting finish in the Last Man Standing match. King in the ring with all the Divas and a typical 'could go either way' main-event, with referees all over the place.

If the P.P.V's continue this way, the WWE is on it's way back up :y:.

SuperSlim
05-02-2005, 07:36 AM
sounded aight

Jonster
05-02-2005, 07:41 AM
JR had a couple of good lines during Backlash I thought.

"Sounds like Christian has more peeps than not nowadays"

and on Edge:
"He's surrounded in controversy, most of it brought on by himself"
Of course he went on to relate that to his character somehow.

Jonster
05-02-2005, 07:43 AM
*Or something like those.

I enjoyed most of Backlash, but I cannae be bothered to think of anything to say at the moment, other than I could've lived without that 'fan' getting in the ring with Hogan and Michaels.

Cool King
05-02-2005, 07:48 AM
Was I the only person that heard Lawler say WWF?

NoRoolz
05-02-2005, 07:57 AM
I didn't notice it? When did he say it?

Cool King
05-02-2005, 08:09 AM
I think he said it after the Hogan/HBK match or when Christian was in the ring.

I can't remember when but I'm sure he did say it and I think J.R kinda gave it away that Christian might be going to SmackDown! because he said something like "Christian could be WW....World Heavyweight Champion" or he could have changed it because he was gonna say WWF.:-\

Disturbed316
05-02-2005, 08:23 AM
lol completly forgot this was on last night. Just seen some pictures and I thought Earl Hebner was retiring after Mania 21? Guess he was like Hogan and wanted one last match :-\

NoRoolz
05-02-2005, 09:55 AM
^^ I thought that too, but was happy to see him there. I hope he stays in the WWE for ages :D.

Anybody Thrilla
05-02-2005, 11:05 AM
Backlash was bad ass. If you didn't see that Jericho/Benjamin match, you need to. It was sick with it.

Londoner
05-02-2005, 11:12 AM
Wow, what a fucking PPV! Seriously that's the first time i've watched a PPV in months, i can't even rememeber what the last one i watched was. The crowd was really lively the whole night, the only bit that sucked was the pointless Masters segment which was only there to fill up the show.They really tried there best to kill the crowd noise in that bit didn't they?

But overall a good night, the last man standing match was better than i thought it would be, and Jericho gave a good performance, like i thought he would.You have to against Shelton, that mans amazing and I wish he would get more over with the crowd. I even enjoyed the Kane/Vis and tag team turmoil matches.

HHH/Batista was good, cos at one point i seriously thought HHH would win, after seeing that Vengeance poster i was thinking, 'oh shit, the only way that could logically happen, is if HHH wins tonight, and it's looking like he will' and then out of nowhere, Batista Bomb! I really hate the slow ref counts though,them bastards piss me off sometimes.

And plus, I got 4/6 right which isn't bad..surprised hurricane and Rosey won,and really wanted hbk/hogan to lose, they almost did, but not quite damnit.

I would give this PPV a 8/10 though, they lost marks for the Masters bit.

Also was surprised to see Christian, any PPV with him on it is good. So i'm gonna change it to 9/10 actually..it did seem alot like the old days of PPV, when HHH pedigreed the ref at the end it reminded me of what he used to be like.

Great PPV.

Gone Mad
05-02-2005, 11:20 AM
All I have to say is Capt. Charisma = Ratings! All it takes one promo to make the show greatness and he is the perfect way to build up the roster draft. WHOO!

Tornado
05-02-2005, 11:22 AM
The pedigree he hit on the ref at the end was sick. He needs to go back to doing it like that.

Londoner
05-02-2005, 11:24 AM
Definately.

darkpower
05-02-2005, 12:56 PM
Sounds like this was a good PPV (I was thinking of ordering it, but then went against it). I may order Judgment Day, though (although that is going to be a SmackDown one, I figure it'll be a better JD than last year, and the possible matches they could have for JD can be worth the $34.95).

My stepbro thought the only good match they had on the card (before the PPV started) was the Batista vs. Triple H match. Now I wish I ordered it. If I could only reset the order codes on my box. ><

Anybody Thrilla
05-02-2005, 12:58 PM
Tell your "stepbro" that he is a fucking idiot, would ya?

SammyG
05-02-2005, 01:07 PM
I apologize for the whole stopping the play by play, my internet connection went out.. :( sorry, nothin i could do about it

darkpower
05-02-2005, 01:09 PM
Tell your "stepbro" that he is a fucking idiot, would ya?
When I ordered Wrestlemania 20 last year, he came over and we were rooting for different people in the main event. He is a HUGE Shawn Michaels fan, and was forever rooting for him, while I was marking out for Benoit, and you could heear him yell "NO" while I was yelling "YES" at the same time. One thing that we could've both agreed on. Neither was rooting for Triple H, so that much was alright.

Anybody Thrilla
05-02-2005, 01:13 PM
Right. But still pass on that idiot message, if you don't mind.

darkpower
05-02-2005, 01:20 PM
Right. But still pass on that idiot message, if you don't mind.
Definitly will do. :)

dalegendkilla
05-02-2005, 01:46 PM
After Royal Rumble, Raw and Backlash, I'm pretty sure that Christian will definately be going to Smackdown in the draft.

PorkSoda
05-02-2005, 04:51 PM
Yeah Christian will probably go cause hes cutting promos about Cena.

I thought Backlash was a very good show. Besides that my so called "8 Hour Tape" cut off after 6 hours and I coulden't tape the main event, it was good.

The commentary last night was hilarious. Like I think in the Shelton/Jericho match JR was like "Wanna see love handles? Ever see me in a speedo" and during the last man standing match King was making fun of Hebners count, I just watched it hes like "I bet Benoit could just lift an eyebrow and the ref will stop the count". And then during the Hogan and Hassan tag match after HBK got hit with a pipe Hassan covered him and JR yelled "AWE COME ON! NO! I 'LL EAT MY DAMN HAT" or something like that. :rofl:

M. Banana
05-02-2005, 07:14 PM
Think I heard it.

Christian > All.

Anyone who disagrees is a mark and their opinion isn't valid in the wrestling world.

Gouda
05-02-2005, 07:41 PM
I think actually... Christian shouldn't be drafted. It would be way too obvious and all the marks will go "By Zeus' beard! It must have been rigged!".

So what I think is... He shoudln't be drafted.He comes out on Raw and talks about how Cena is lucky he didn't go over there. But then Bischoff comes out and says he's been traded. Cause they had the whole trade deadline thing last time too.

It would just be a different, less predictable thing to do.

M. Banana
05-02-2005, 08:31 PM
You give marks too much credit.

Cool King
05-08-2005, 03:09 PM
Good GOD!!!!! Hogan and HBK pull a real fat fan from the stands. He has Hogan tatooed on his whole back :wtf: .

http://www.strangecosmos.com/content/item/11701.html

M. Banana
05-08-2005, 03:34 PM
It looks like a fat Hogan.

Lost some weight, brother.