PDA

View Full Version : The Official "AJ Styles Sucks a Fat Dick" Thread.

DaveWadding
05-02-2005, 03:05 PM
Post here with your reasons why AJ sucks.

Disturbed316
05-02-2005, 03:07 PM
After you

Watson
05-02-2005, 03:09 PM
He can't work the mic worth a damn.

loopydate
05-02-2005, 03:13 PM
</>

DaveWadding
05-02-2005, 03:17 PM
After you
I only need 2 words:

NO.

PSYCHOLOGY.

The Mackem
05-02-2005, 03:20 PM
I expect 10000 similar topics dedicted to other wrestlers, Dave.

Watson
05-02-2005, 03:21 PM
I only need 2 words:

NO.

PSYCHOLOGY.
Yes! Exactly! Phenomenal athlete but no ring psychology. Rep for you.

TheNamelessOne
05-02-2005, 03:27 PM
Why isn't there one of these threads for Randy Orton?

Watson
05-02-2005, 03:29 PM
Why isn't there one of these threads for Randy Orton?Good point. There should be one about Christian too IMO.

KingofOldSchool
05-02-2005, 03:29 PM
Christian - the awesome entrance music - the mic skills - charisma - ring psychology = AJ Styles

TheNamelessOne
05-02-2005, 03:32 PM
I think if AJ had a better accent then I would be a bigger fan.

John la Rock
05-02-2005, 03:35 PM
pure spot fest

Dave Youell
05-02-2005, 03:48 PM
I for one don't mind him, he's a dam sight better than he used to be, if you think he's a spotfest now, check out TNA when it started

mitch_h
05-02-2005, 03:55 PM
I like him. He sucks at selling indivitual body parts... but he's still young. His TNA stuff is ridiculously spotty but he had some great matches in ROH. AJ vs London = pure gold.

DaveWadding
05-02-2005, 04:26 PM
Daniels > AJ by infinity.

Shaggy
05-02-2005, 04:29 PM
Daniels > Everyone

Innovator
05-02-2005, 04:32 PM
I am a fan of AJ. When he started out he was a pure spot machine. Lately though you can see he's been working on his ring psychology. Raven acknowledged how when AJ really masters it, he can be one of the greats. If he keeps his rivalry with the Fallen Angel going, he can only learn more.

While I do like Styles, Fallen Angel rules all

blake639raw
05-02-2005, 04:56 PM
Maybe AJ isn't the best in the world, but honestly, he's still young, as was said before. He's crisp in the ring, his ground wrestling is decent, and he has at least as much charisma as Randy Orton does. I think eventually he could be great, no doubt about it.

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-02-2005, 05:07 PM
I only need 2 words:

NO.

PSYCHOLOGY.

Just because he lacks psychology doesn't mean he can't tear the house down you fat cock.

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-02-2005, 05:08 PM
:( Sorry Dave I didn't mean to be an asshole there, but I dunno, the "fat cock" part seemed to emphasize the point.

foodstampchamp
05-02-2005, 05:19 PM
He has no clue how to sell a body part (see ROH's Second Year Anniversary Show).

Dave Youell
05-02-2005, 05:20 PM
good ring psychology isn't something every fan wants. Although I love a match with decent psychology, Y2J/Benjamin last nihgt I thought was a great example of that BTW. Other times I just want to sit back and watch huge spots and mark the fuck out

BigDaddyCool
05-02-2005, 05:46 PM
Because I have alway and will always hate him.

darkpower
05-02-2005, 05:50 PM
Because TNA has buried the bloody HELL out of him to push Jarret more and more and more and more and more and....

Mr. JL
05-02-2005, 05:50 PM
He has no clue how to sell a body part (see ROH's Second Year Anniversary Show).
I suggest you see the Ultimate X Match at the Final Resolution TNA PPV. IMO, he sold his arm injury pretty fucking well.

I never really enjoyed much of his work until 2003. He really seems to have picked up his ring pyschology. 2003 and 2004 was his best years and best example of him showing his pyschology in the ring.

2005 he has just been put in spot fest gimmick matches that are hyped as 'SPOTFESTS' so he has to deliver the spots, otherwise the fans go home pissed.

redoneja
05-02-2005, 07:44 PM
The only occasion I have seen him sell an individual body part was at RoH's Main Event Spectacles(11/03).

foodstampchamp
05-02-2005, 09:11 PM
I suggest you see the Ultimate X Match at the Final Resolution TNA PPV. IMO, he sold his arm injury pretty fucking well.

I never really enjoyed much of his work until 2003. He really seems to have picked up his ring pyschology. 2003 and 2004 was his best years and best example of him showing his pyschology in the ring.

2005 he has just been put in spot fest gimmick matches that are hyped as 'SPOTFESTS' so he has to deliver the spots, otherwise the fans go home pissed.

I haven't watched TNA since early 2004. The heavyweight division is a joke and it's pretty pitiful that I watched it more when it cost $9.95 a week than I do when it's free. I don't really care to watch main events featuring washed up WCW has beens. I download an X-division match every once in a while.

James Steele
05-02-2005, 09:31 PM
The only major problems AJ has his is ring psychology and mic skills. Christopher Daniels has it ALL and it more technically sound, so he would be better for the main event (I wouldn't want my main eventers falling through 20 tables with 1,000,000 thumbtacks every month in order to stay over).

MVP
05-02-2005, 10:02 PM
LOL, the TNA main events are replete with crap like Jarrett, Gunn, Waltman, etc. and people are complaining about AJ.

DaveWadding
05-03-2005, 02:11 AM
LOL, the TNA main events are replete with crap like Jarrett, Gunn, Waltman, etc. and people are complaining about AJ.
Yeah, but everyone KNOWS that Jarrett, Waltman etcetera are crap. Most everyone here sucks off AJ like he's the next Messiah or something when he's not.

LK
05-03-2005, 02:49 AM
As a big Styles fan, I cannot help but disagree with anyone who says he sucks but I would have to agree with regards to his psychology. I saw this in particular after Against All Odds.

Loose Cannon
05-03-2005, 11:46 AM
Hmmm, Gonna have to go ahead and disagree with almost everyone in here.

Don't know what the "pure spot fest" remarks are about. I don't see it when I watch him. Take away his lack of psychology selling, which can be said for about 400 Indy guys out there, and he's very very good in the ring. The way he pushes off those ropes and hits the mat to take a bump is the best I've seen in TNA or even any "major" company for that matter. He's got so much intensity in him when he wrestles. When he executes a simple drop kick, he does it hard and quick. Same for the spinning heel kick. Spot Fests are reserved for guys like Amazing Red with his crazy moves that take 3 minutes to hit.

Mic Skills: As a heel back in 2002 TNA, I thought he had tremendous mic skills for the character he was playing. He was one of the only reasons I actually ordered a couple TNA PPV's back then. I wanted to hear this guy talk like a selfish jackass and an egomaniac and he played the charcter perfectly. Both on the mic and with his facial expressions. I was pissed when they turned him babyface, cause he was the man as heel. Go back and watch some TNA 2002 and you'll see.

AJ's still one of the reasons I watch TNA at times and I think he's the man.

The Mackem
05-03-2005, 12:01 PM
Fact is that AJ Styles at least tries to better himself and doesn't claim to be great while lazy bastards who do claim to be, stick to the same old shit. AJ Styles will get better.

Kane Knight
05-03-2005, 12:05 PM

Don't know what the "pure spot fest" remarks are about. I don't see it when I watch him. Take away his lack of psychology selling, which can be said for about 400 Indy guys out there, and he's very very good in the ring. The way he pushes off those ropes and hits the mat to take a bump is the best I've seen in TNA or even any "major" company for that matter. He's got so much intensity in him when he wrestles. When he executes a simple drop kick, he does it hard and quick. Same for the spinning heel kick. Spot Fests are reserved for guys like Amazing Red with his crazy moves that take 3 minutes to hit.

Mic Skills: As a heel back in 2002 TNA, I thought he had tremendous mic skills for the character he was playing. He was one of the only reasons I actually ordered a couple TNA PPV's back then. I wanted to hear this guy talk like a selfish jackass and an egomaniac and he played the charcter perfectly. Both on the mic and with his facial expressions. I was pissed when they turned him babyface, cause he was the man as heel. Go back and watch some TNA 2002 and you'll see.

Cannon summed it for me.

LK
05-03-2005, 12:09 PM

*Rep for LC* To place Styles in the same bracket as those like Sabu, Amazing Red and Jeff Hardy is ridiculously harsh on AJ. The guy is the man and he's still young. He will improve even more.