PDA

View Full Version : Enough is Enough

Volchok
12-09-2003, 08:52 PM
Now i've never been one to post alot... somthing here or there whenever i feel i need to speak out and this is one of those times... i've been reading posts and everytime i read one it has somthing to do with the WWE sucking right now and some gay comment about Triple H or Mark Henry.. now dont get me wrong... Henry does suck and i feel he shouldnt get a ppv match and all this tv time.. the fans just dont like him... but anyway back to the main topic... Why the WWE sucks as of late...

1. No comp.... plain and simple they have no compitition to worry about.. they bought WCW and ECW... so now vince really doesnt care about the ratings...

2. The Roster Split... Yes it is good.. to a certin extent.. the one main reason its good is because superstar's that dont have a ice cubes chance in hell can get a title shot... yet its also bad because they have to either continue doing boring storylines and have to recycle them becuase there only a certin number of superstars on each show....

3. Titles.... The titles are in fact worthless as of late on Raw... i dont know about smackdown because im never home thursday to watch it... but anyway.. the only title that actully means somthing is the Tag Titles, the IC title is worthless.. even the champ said it was worthless to him... how good is that when somone wins a title and they say it dont mean anything to them...? The Raw World... Goldberg... World Champion material yes... i dont wanna make it seem like i love goldberg because i dont... i wouldnt care if he didnt show up sunday for the ppv... i really wouldnt care... but the raw world title.. Triple H had the title for almost a whole year... and only lost it once... to HBK.. and then not even a month later he won it back...

4. Fueds/ Push's.... Okay first they needa bust RVD heel his character is so stale its not even funny... now for the Jericho/Trish thing they got going... this is the only story line i actully have liked in a long time.. because you know that Trish and Jericho will end up getting together.. typical WWE... at the ppv.. Jericho will turn on Christian and then have trish pin him... i dont know how lita will fit in but maybe she'll feel bad for him and help him and then you got Jericho/ Trish Vs. Christian/ Lita... with that you can do alot of good things... the winner of a Y2J/ Xtian match could go on to face IC champ Orton... and Lita Vs. Trish Womans title match... you could do anything with the storylines.. WWE just needs to take there time and look at it from all sides...

5. The Attitude Era.... I for one miss the good ol' day when UT pinned Austin to his symbol... when UT and Kane fought in a inferno match and UT after the match burned the bear ( which later to find out was Stephanies) and Vince was in tears... The good ol' days when WWE didnt give a rats ass about what the critics thought... that just show's you what WWE can do... they just need that extra push.. that strive to make the fans happy.. because if it keeps going how its going...fans will stop caring and ratings will bomb even worse then they allready are......

Do the ratings have to be so low in order for Vince and the WWE to start caring about the product they give out... i hope not... Vince needs to get off his lazy ass and steph needs to get off of her back and start commin up with good quality storylines... well until next time.... peace and later.... :wave:

Fryza
12-09-2003, 09:13 PM
As far as the "Enough bad mouthing the WWE" and such, I don't agree with you.

As a consumer, a person who puts time and money into the product, it is my "right*" as a consumer to critize it as a see fit. As a human, it is my "right*" to make fun of it as I see fit. I watch the product, buy its merchandise, attend its shows, and if I don't feel it or its workers are at a quality best suited for me, I feel I have the "right*" to critize it.

Why all the posts making fun of Hunter and Henry, as you exampled? Because Hunter (among others) use backstage politics that normally hurt the show. Henry, on the other hand, is just an aweful wrestler, he takes up airtime that could be given to something more interesting, and may have a higher chance of hurting someone.

I'm not a fan of the Roster Split when it first began, but I have no reall care on it. I'd personally like to see more matches and workings between different wrestlers, but so would others.

Titles altogether have no purpose, but it is the company's job, writers, workers, etc, to make it look credible. They don't do that, and they kill it off.

Feuds and turns and the likes. Honestly, RVD, Maven, Jericho, etc. Unless they get a MEGA Turn/Feud/Push, they're dead. As much as some people want to not say it, Jericho is dead if this current story doesn't go through 110%. I think the WWE, though, should have started paying attention to skills in the ring, before trying to make another Rock or Austin. Thank God for Cena and Orton...

Eh, during these years, I really watched WCW and ECW. I never cared for the Attitude Era as much, just because it normally was more gimmick than matches. But it was a good few years, and had ALOT of great things, just as it did bad.

I think you don't understand some of the complaints. People only complain because they want things better, not because they want to rag it. Everyone thinks their ideas would help, and alot of times they most likely would. We want the best for a company we put time and money in, not for it to go and pull a WCW or ECW on us.

* It's an individual right. I can't sit here and say that "We have the right too," because that isn't true. Lack of better term I guess.

Bad Guy
12-09-2003, 09:16 PM
enough is enough and it's time for a change! - owen hart

Jordan
12-09-2003, 10:29 PM
Happy, shut the fu</>ck up.

krakker818
12-09-2003, 10:45 PM
the whole thing about HHH having the title for almost a year. i may be wrong, actually, i probably am, but werent people saying a couple months or so, maybe a year, ago that they should keep the belt on one man for a while instead of tossing it around all the time?

Splaya
12-09-2003, 11:07 PM
You know wrestling is really good right now. So basically I dont agree with you. When i go to a local restaurant and you have to wait 45 minutes to sit down because a wrestling PPV is on it shows there are still fans out there and that it is still good. I know this was totally irrelevant but i just feel that the WWE is climbing out of this hole they were in

Kane Knight
12-09-2003, 11:30 PM
the whole thing about HHH having the title for almost a year. i may be wrong, actually, i probably am, but werent people saying a couple months or so, maybe a year, ago that they should keep the belt on one man for a while instead of tossing it around all the time?

'Course, you're only telling half the story.

But if we showed both sides of the coin, it would be fair and accurate, and we can't have that.

Anyone know the story of Icarus?

Nowhere Man
12-10-2003, 12:36 AM
Icarus made wings out of wax and flew too close to the sun. I don't really see how that applies to telling both sides of a story.

But anyways, Fryza pretty much summed up what I was going to say here, so I really don't feel the need to repeat him.

Overall, WWE's on a nice upswing since last year, and hopefully this trend will continue. I don't think they'll be able to draw as big of crowds as they used to, but they're still making money and putting out a rather good show, so I'm not complaining too much.

road doggy dogg
12-10-2003, 01:27 AM
lol why did you need to make a poll about that

Corkscrewed
12-10-2003, 03:19 AM
^ Because he could.

Mainly, I think the WWE's main problem has been too much McMahons lately and several inconsistencies in logic and storytelling.

c4g2
12-10-2003, 04:07 AM
^ Because he could.

Mainly, I think the WWE's main problem has been too much McMahons lately and several inconsistencies in logic and storytelling.

But the bookers have been on the right track recently. Heyman is doing a great job, and Raw has been pretty good these few weeks. (Jericho-Trish = :D )

Vince is supposedly having mental trauma after his match with Undertaker, Stephanie is off TV with no GM post, Shane's been sent to the hospital. The Mcmahons have cleared themselves off TV these few weeks, ( :y: ) now all that remains to see if they come back again.

Darwin Henderson
12-11-2003, 11:59 AM
If you dont like the product then dont watch it. When fans watch it on TV, buy the PPVs and merchandise they have a right to complain. WWE is not going into another boom period. There was one in 1984-87 and another in 1998-2001 which means there is 11 years between them so I cant see another one when we just came out of a boom period. If you dont like the product then it is better that you dont watch it. If you buy PPVs and merchandise and watch them even when you dont like it there not going to do anything. However if merchandise sales went down with ratings and buyrates then they would have to take action and change something.

The Dub
12-11-2003, 12:39 PM
If you dont like the product then dont watch it.
That statement is about as useful as ," If you're upset about air pollution, don't breathe."

loopydate
12-11-2003, 12:56 PM
That statement is about as useful as ," If you're upset about air pollution, don't breathe."

So...you HAVE to watch wrestling to live?

The Dub
12-11-2003, 01:31 PM
So...you HAVE to watch wrestling to live?

No, dumbass. I'm just saying that that statement is useless.

Kane Knight
12-11-2003, 01:33 PM

To expand upon Loopydate:

If you don't watch wrestling, ratings will change, and the show might change. Whether they do or don't, you're not being hit by bad TV.

However, Bad TV doesn't hurt you or kill you, it just sucks.

If you don't breathe, you die. The air pollution won't likely go away, but you'll be dead. Bad air, unlike bad TV, hurts you.

Kane Knight
12-11-2003, 01:34 PM
No, dumbass. I'm just saying that that statement is useless.

No, it's actually not. It would be if you needed wrestling to live, but you don't.

deathtrap
12-11-2003, 02:31 PM
No, dumbass. I'm just saying that that statement is useless.You prove yourself wrong

Darwin Henderson
12-11-2003, 03:12 PM

If something is on TV that I dont like I dont watch it. Also I dont eat food that I dont like, dont listen to music that I dont like etc

sexymanalive
12-23-2003, 02:31 PM
what is going on here everybody mad mean Stephanie gone WWE fun again now that she gone mean she hired zach growen for crying out loud she fired crash holly she made fun of Raw Hell she even what to take raw off the air.

now that there a new smackdown GM thing can get back to wrestling and stay away from Stephanie

Sephiroth
12-23-2003, 04:58 PM
Hey XxhApPySnAxXx i got a christmas friend for you :D it's or one and only Troll -> Dark_Kane you guys would make great friends :roll:

DMI
12-24-2003, 12:00 AM
complaining or not, you will still watch.. its like driving past a car wreck