PDA

View Full Version : Two wrestling legends offered spots in the 2006 WWE Hall of Fame.

Nick Venom
05-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Jim Ross has offered Bret Hart and current TNA booker Dusty Rhodes spots in the 2006 class of hall of fame inductees.

Hart told Ross that he would consider the offer. Hart is currently involved a legal battle with the Lloyds of London insurance company. Hart is owed $800,000. Lloyds of London is claiming that Hart had a history of concussions prior to his career ending injury suffered in a match with Bill Goldberg.

- PWInsider

TerranRich
05-05-2005, 10:17 PM
I would mark out BIG time if I saw that Bret Hart was a 2006 HoF Inductee. Screw Hogan, screw Iron Sheik. Bret Hart's the man ;)

M. Banana
05-05-2005, 10:33 PM
Dusty?!

:wtf:

Bad Company
05-05-2005, 10:33 PM
That would indeed be awesome.

Gone Mad
05-05-2005, 10:46 PM
Oh, I'd go apeshit if I saw the Hitman one more time on WWE TV. He is the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be... but you already knew that.

Supermark101
05-05-2005, 10:49 PM
Dusty?!

He deserves it more than most of this years class.

Nick Venom
05-05-2005, 11:08 PM
Dusty?!

Good choice.

I think...

Bret
Dusty
The Road Warriors
Curt Hennig

...would all be good choices for next year.

James Steele
05-05-2005, 11:15 PM
Bret Hart would be fucking amazing. Then in HHH/HBK 5489848965892649 Bret comes out and whips all their asses. Then Vince comes out and and tries to apologize but Bret just destroys him. :) :) :) :)

Chris Fucking Jericho
Chris Friggin Benoit

AND BRET THE FUCKING GOD OF PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING HIMSELF...THE BEST PERIOD YOU SONS OF BITCHES...THATS RIGHT NOBODY BETTER...END OF DISCUSSION... HART!!!!

Nick Venom
05-05-2005, 11:26 PM
Can you imagine if they tried to get HBK induct Bret in the HOF? Or Vince for that matter. I could see Benoit or Jericho doing it though.

FakeLaser
05-05-2005, 11:33 PM
The only thing that could ever get me to watch wrestling again is the return of Bret Hart.

Also, why the hell would Dusty get inducted to the WWE hall of fame? When he was in the WWF they booked him as a joke.

The One
05-06-2005, 12:20 PM
I think the WWE Hall of Fame is more becoming just the Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame. I mean they inducted Harley Race, and while he was in WWE, most of his highlighted career, and shit were it mattered was NWA. I think WWE is just going back and paying respect to all wrestlers in their promotion or not.

BigDaddyCool
05-06-2005, 01:27 PM
Terry Funk should be in there too, and maybe Foley in 3 to 5 more years, but Terry should be.

Also, maybe the British Bulldogs (as a tag team, not seprate...prehaps they should do a tag team division of the HoF, and only put real tag teams in, like the British Bulldogs, Steiners, Road Warriors, APA, Outsiders, and NAO).

Also, I suppose Austin should be in there, but in a few more years, like Foley.
And in Bob Orton is in there, then so should Ken Shamrock.

BigDaddyCool
05-06-2005, 01:30 PM
Oh, and Owen. But maybe do Owen next year, and have Bret induct him. That would probably be the classiest thing WWE could do.

Evolution
05-06-2005, 03:20 PM
No arguements here BDC.

I would mark out like a little bitch if at WrestleMania 22 that Hitman music hit.

They should keep the actual final inductees secret until the ceremony the night before, and then only the people at the ceremony see them. That way, at WrestleMania, you don't know who your gonna get.

In a few years, Foley, Austin, Rock and X-Pac will all be in there.

(Just joking about X-Pac btw)

Danny Electric
05-06-2005, 03:29 PM
Ludvig Borga and Bstion Booger.

Nowhere Man
05-06-2005, 03:33 PM
I always thought Vince hated Dusty. I mean, wasn't that why he made him wrestle in polka-dot tights and shovel cow shit in his vignettes?

Still, it'd be awesome to see both of those guys be inducted.

Nark Order
05-06-2005, 03:49 PM
I agree with both picks. Bret Hart is one of the greatest wrestler that has ever lived and Dusty Rhodes did give us some great moments in the WWF and NWA as The American Dream

Nark Order
05-06-2005, 03:54 PM
Mr. Perfect, Rick Rude, and Ultimate Warrior I think deserve the next spots.

(Even though I hate Warrior)

Xero
05-06-2005, 03:57 PM
Whenever Bret goes in (whether it be next year or otherwise, he WILL be there) he HAS to induct Owen.

If the WWE even ASKS him if he wants to be inducted by Michaels or Vince, though, you can bet he'll back out right then and there.

KayfabeMan
05-06-2005, 05:41 PM
I think that the 2006 group should include: Bret Hart, Randy Savage, LOD, Mr. Fuji, maybe Victor Rivera and 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan. Terry Funk, Rick Rude, Curt Hennig, The Big Bossman and Sting would also be good choices.

I think in the future, they should consider Owen Hart, British Bulldog, and possibly Yokozuna as well. If they were to induct all tag teams as tag teams, in addition to LOD, I'd like to see The Steiner Brothers, The Rock N' Roll Express, and definitely The Wild Samoans.

KayfabeMan
05-06-2005, 05:43 PM
Also, where the hell is King Kong Bundy? He should be in there too.

Unless they're waiting for him to get a bit older - as, IIRC, he's like 48 or so.

KayfabeMan
05-06-2005, 05:45 PM
You know what else is funny; I bet Hillbilly Jim, who still works for the damn company, is filling out all the paperwork to apply again this year - or at least that's what they're telling him :shifty:

Nick Venom
05-06-2005, 09:33 PM
Yeah, I forgot what role Hillbilly has with the company, but he does still work there.

TW Mangrove
05-06-2005, 09:34 PM
Why isn't RAVISHING RICK RUDE in? SHOUTING!

Mr. Nerfect
05-06-2005, 09:53 PM
-Bret Hart
-Owen Hart
-Mr. Perfect
-Dusty Rhodes
-Rick Rude
-Terry Funk
-Stone Cold Steve Austin
-The Undertaker
-Sting
-Ric Flair

All these guys deserve to be inducted soon. Stone Cold Steve Austin should be inducted, but he could wait until next year. The Rock and Mick Foley are in the same boat, and when Triple H retires, I'd throw his name in there too.

TW Mangrove
05-06-2005, 10:07 PM
All these guys deserve to be inducted soon. Stone Cold Steve Austin should be inducted, but he could wait until next year. The Rock and Mick Foley are in the same boat, and when Triple H retires, I'd throw his name in there too.

Triple H will probably be inducted before he retires so it will make him look even better. Man, I really love trips, he and Cena are great

James Steele
05-06-2005, 10:19 PM
:lol:

ISN'T THIS GUY GREAT

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Esoteric
05-06-2005, 10:40 PM
bret and dusty deserve to be in the hall of fame...also it would be great if the rest of the hart foundation got inducted to...curt henning and jake the snake would be tight

olympic hitman
05-08-2005, 02:16 AM
It would totally kick ass if Bret Hart returned to be inducted into the WWE HOF. I say this for many reasons;

1}Bret has been gone from WWE TV since the infamous 1997 "Montreal Screwjob". It would be interesting TV to see what followed in the saga of McMahon/Hart. I bet that angle alone would get ratings through the roof.

2}Bret is obviously deserving of a HOF spot

3}I would LOVE to see Hart come back for one final match[if he's able]. I seen in an old WWE magazine that Angle said if he could face one guy[past or present] he would choose Bret Hart. I, for one, would be all for a Hart/Angle match[as it would probably still beat any feuds currently].

4}If Bret could not return, he could still be used on WWE TV. Perhaps he could form a group with Benoit & Jericho[fellow Canadians]. Maybe something like the "UnAmericans" that would feature all three as heels[Jericho is better heel and Benoit is getting stale face]. It would also be cool if Bret were to be heel against a face McMahon. That would create tons of entertainment alone.

Bottom line, to even say 'Bret Hart' and 'WWE' in the same sentence is enough for the casual fan to become excited[with good reason].

Dusty would also be cool in the HOF[even though Mr. Perfect & Owen Hart deserve spots as well]. It would be funny to see how WWE would treat Dusty if he is still involved with TNA by the time the HOF ceremonies roll around next year......