PDA

View Full Version : Question about Guild Wars

Ruien
05-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Ok yes I am still looking for a new game, who everyne who read other topic. Now my friend told me Guild Wars is a free online game. I find this hard to believe, but is this true?

HeartBreakMan2k
05-07-2005, 09:31 PM
Very true. Well, depending on how he means is rather. It does cost for purchase (like 29-49 depending on where you buy), but there is no monthly fee, or subscription to pay for. Reviews have been very possitive, the free bit plays a role in that I would assume though. From some people who worked for (I believe) Blizzard, quit and started work on this game

Ruien
05-07-2005, 09:46 PM
Ok, ya I knew you had to buy the game. But, thanks for giving me insurance I do not have to pay to play online. Reps for you with my 1 rep point :)

DS
05-07-2005, 09:48 PM
Yeah completely free. It's nice because, if you want, you can make a character that's top level and go straight into the PvP if you'd like. I'm thinking of getting it myself.

road doggy dogg
05-07-2005, 10:08 PM
It's free, except for the bimonthly expansions that you're required to buy to keep up with the game.

Ruien
05-07-2005, 11:28 PM
It's free, except for the bimonthly expansions that you're required to buy to keep up with the game.

Now I am turned off lol. Can you miss like 3 expansions, then one month just buy 1 of them and be up to date?

TheNamelessOne
05-08-2005, 08:09 AM
I don't mind paying for the X-Packs, provided they are worth it, but I just want to know if the game is any good.

road doggy dogg
05-08-2005, 06:24 PM
I'm not too sure of the details, haven't read much about the game. I think it's possible to just skip a few then buy one but I'm not an expert.

From what I heard, the game is really fun if you're more into the PvP aspect of MMO's

Apocolyptik1
05-08-2005, 11:39 PM
I heard its fun, but gets old very quickly. I played the beta of it for 2 nights, wasnt impressed with it at all mainly because I was also in the beta for WoW, and WoW is the superior game.