PDA

View Full Version : Music Thoughts

weather vane
05-09-2005, 02:52 AM
I just want to make some random points.

- Motley Crue is the greatest band of all time

- I am working security for Billy Idol, Collective Soul, George Thorogood, Brett Micheals in the next few months

- I have been meeting a lot of bands lately and it has been awesome. Steve-O of Sum 41 is hilarious. Blue Rodeo are nice guys.

- Buddy Guy puts on an awesome show.

- I hate Kalen Porter even though he gave me a jelly donut.

- Young Buck was unreal at Warp 9. He smoked a joint on stage and sounded good.

- Best 10 bands ever: Motley Crue, Queen, Metallica, Ac/Dc, Guns and Roses, The Doors, Alice Cooper, Steve Miller Band, Iron Maiden and Pink Floyd.

Sucha pointless thread. Go fuck yourself.

RP
05-09-2005, 09:41 AM
I love Young Buck. I dont even like rap that much, but i love Young Buck. Probably one of the only rappers i enjoy listening too. The only reason i listened to G-Unit cd.

The Destroyer
05-09-2005, 09:48 AM
Billy Idol, eh? His newest song is God awful beyond belief.

Mike the Metal Ed
05-09-2005, 10:41 AM
Queen, Metallica, Ac/Dc, Guns and Roses, Alice Cooper, Iron Maiden and Pink Floyd.

:love:

The Gooch
05-09-2005, 12:50 PM
I saw Billy Idol live on his Charmed Life tour. He was great. I think he spat on me. Not directly of course.

Blue Rodeo rule and are one of the most underated bands ever. Saw them live as well, musically they are one of the tightest bands I've ever seen.

Mötley Crüe, just saw them live a few months ago. It was a great show. Hopefully Hurricane you will not neg rep me for this, but I believe their Self-Titled album without Vince is one of the most underated rock albums of all time. It doesn't sound like the Crüe and I didn't buy it at the time because there was no Vince, but after hearing the albums hits which were included on "Red, White and Crüe" its hard to ignore that this was an album that should have received some respect.

Green Day are coming to Ottawa. Sweet.

Rolling Stones rumours are going to be answered tomorrow. Looks like they're coming as well.

It's going to be an expensive summer for concerts.

weather vane
05-09-2005, 03:11 PM
I will pos rep you for that.

It is SO underrated. I love Vince but Corabi did a great job. A lot of good songs from MC 94.

The Gooch
05-09-2005, 03:43 PM
I will pos rep you for that.

It is SO underrated. I love Vince but Corabi did a great job. A lot of good songs from MC 94.

Many die hard fans like myself had a hard time adjusting when Vince left. Especially since it was after Dr. Feelgood which was brilliant. I think the same is true for Old School Van Halen fans. I didn't pick up the Möstley Crüe album out of loyalty to Vince and didn't pick up Vince's solo album out of outta respect for the rest of the guys. I don't know if Vince's solo album is any good, but I totally fucked up not giving Corabi a chance.

My girlfriend actually prefers Möstley Crüe with Corabi to the Vince stuff. Then again she is into the heavier shit and wasn't a fan in the old day except for Feelgood.

Are you going to find a way to catch them on the tour? Not sure which is closer for you in Thunder Bay, but I'm assuming it is easier for you to go West or Stateside.

weather vane
05-09-2005, 04:09 PM
It is my dream to go see Motley Crue but i'm just so poor.

I think a bunch of us are planning to go in the fall. I saw Vince when he came here on his solo tour about a year ago. I NEED to see the Crue though.

M. Banana
05-09-2005, 04:38 PM
Breaking Benjamin is the greatest band of all time....

In my mind...

weather vane
05-09-2005, 05:12 PM
Just found out Dr. Hook is coming here!!!!

So excited!

Seyda
05-09-2005, 10:50 PM
...- I am working security for Collective Soul, George Thorogood...

...- Best bands ever: Queen, Metallica, Ac/Dc, The Doors, Alice Cooper, Steve Miller Band, and Pink Floyd.
You HAVE to add Josh Groban to that Best List list :rant:.

Also where's Sting, ooo...I could name numerous others.

:D

Seyda
05-09-2005, 10:52 PM
And how do you get to work security for these groups?

I might be a major groupie and apply :D.

weather vane
05-10-2005, 02:09 AM
I work security at the Thunder Bay Community Auditorium. Good gig.

The Gooch
05-10-2005, 07:31 AM
Just found out that Def Leppard is coming in August as well to Ottawa. Man it is getting even more expensive.

Zelda
05-10-2005, 09:17 AM
When I was a kid, Celine Dion pinched my cheeks once.

The Mask
05-10-2005, 09:23 AM
working security for those guys? man, you'll have to hold back all of 50 people. :D

weather vane
05-10-2005, 02:15 PM
Hahah you know what I do at work? I go outside for an hour and smoke darts. Then I come back in make sure everything is ready backstage and then go watch the show.

Then after the show I stand by their bus. I don't actually SECURE anything. Half the time i'm on my phone or getting high.

PorkSoda
05-10-2005, 08:16 PM
I'm really into that new Gorillaz song Feel Good Inc. for some reason. It's a nice song. Their first CD sucked though. It was bad. Didn't like it.

The Gooch
05-18-2005, 11:12 AM
Just picked up Def Leppard tickets for the Ottawa show. 29th row on the floor. It should be a good time. I'm finally able to digest Hysteria album stuff after the HUGE O.D of it that I received in High School. Pyromania for me will always be their best album. I understand the synth drumming due to Rick losing his arm, but everything the create now seems to have a synth feel. It feels so processed.

I'm not too crazy about their new single. The voice doesn't even sound like Joe anymore. At least it is not another "power ballad".

weather vane
05-18-2005, 11:36 PM
Whatever should be an awesome show.

House of Pancakes
05-29-2005, 11:06 AM
no.

weather vane
07-11-2005, 03:43 PM
GOING TO SEE MOTLEY CRUE IN ST.PAUL MINNESOTA!!! AUG 26th!!!

FUCK YEAH! 10th ROWWWW!

Watson
07-11-2005, 04:29 PM
AC/DC and The Eagles are THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST 2 bands in the history of Rock N' Roll. Period.

weather vane
07-11-2005, 05:19 PM
Both unreal bands. Two of my favorites.

weather vane
01-31-2006, 02:11 AM
WOW!

GOING TO SEE MOTLEY CRUE IN WINNIPEG APR 4TH!!!

13th ROW! Not amazing seats but pretty fucking deadly.

Lateralus
02-17-2006, 02:15 PM
I just want to make some random points.

- Motley Crue is the greatest band of all time

- I am working security for Billy Idol, Collective Soul, George Thorogood, Brett Micheals in the next few months

- I have been meeting a lot of bands lately and it has been awesome. Steve-O of Sum 41 is hilarious. Blue Rodeo are nice guys.

- Buddy Guy puts on an awesome show.

- I hate Kalen Porter even though he gave me a jelly donut.

- Young Buck was unreal at Warp 9. He smoked a joint on stage and sounded good.

- Best 10 bands ever: Motley Crue, Queen, Metallica, Ac/Dc, Guns and Roses, The Doors, Alice Cooper, Steve Miller Band, Iron Maiden and Pink Floyd.

Are you sure you like music?

Kane Knight
02-17-2006, 05:08 PM
Are you sure you like music?

By "bands," I'm pretty sure he's talking about "penises."

:roll:

weather vane
02-17-2006, 07:09 PM
zing