PDA

View Full Version : TNA seems to be getting back to its roots (spoilers)

RemyRed
05-09-2005, 09:53 AM
Here's the current card for TNA's Hard Justice: (http://www.tnawrestling.com/hardjustice/index.html)

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH
Champion "King of the Mountain" Jeff Jarrett vs. The Phenomenal AJ Styles
Featuring former UFC Champion Tito Ortiz as special referee

X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:
The Fallen Angel Christopher Daniels vs. Shocker

20-SUPERSTAR GAUNTLET FOR THE GOLD
Winner To Become The New Number-One Contender To The NWA World Heavyweight Title

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
The Naturals vs. America’s Most Wanted

THE RETURN OF RAVEN'S HOUSE OF FUN MATCH
Raven vs. The Charismatic Enigma - Jeff Hardy

Looks like they've finally got back on the right track by using their (for the most part) own home grown talent to build a Pay Per View around. So far everyone on the card can work a good match. This looks like it could be the best TNA PPV this year.

KingofOldSchool
05-09-2005, 10:09 AM
Because only 2 out of the 5 matches will actually be any good.

Innovator
05-09-2005, 12:14 PM
Hey, Raven in a hardcore match is always entertaining

Anybody Thrilla
05-09-2005, 12:24 PM
Hey, Raven in a hardcore match is always entertaining

If not a little bit stale.

Fuck TNA. They are garbage.

Mr. JL
05-09-2005, 12:34 PM
The AJ Styles match looks to be good. I just hope there is not any outside interference because I believe there has yet to be a title change in TNA that has not been due to a clusterfuck ending with 50 guys interfering in the match.

20 Superstar Gauntlet For The Gold Match has some potential. A few surprize appearences, mixed with x division talent, added with WWE fired guys could make it interesting to watch.

Steve Borden has said if you give Lex Luger odd jobs that you can get Sting. That would be a fairly big surprize. Scott Steiner is doing nothing so give him a ONE (one and ONLY ONE) shot appearence deal. Maybe the return of Jerry Lynn. Sign Dan Severn to a deal and he can claim he never lost the NWA Title.

PullMyFinger
05-09-2005, 12:39 PM
You know...I kinda like this card....and it's weird hearing me say that since I gave up on TNA a few months ago.

Mr. JL
05-09-2005, 01:01 PM
TNA has neglected to have DDP or Nash put anyone over. I mean they actually put over Monty Brown when he defeated both of them. But then Jarrett ruined it by having Monty Brown job to him. So it just cancels it out really.

Nash is gone to film movies for awhile without putting anyone over.

DDP has not shown up for three weeks of TV leading into another PPV because of budget cutbacks.

Monty Brown doesn't have a contract.

Sean Waltman is supposedly owed $10, 000.

BG James versus The Outlaw feud sucks because the WWE already did this feud 6 years ago. Plus their tag team scene needs new tag teams so they could easily pair them together.

Dusty Rhodes is the booker yet apparently he can't make Jarrett job the title and it was apparently someone else's idea to have an all Cage match PPV and not his. But still, all the storylines and feuds are ridiculously fucked up. ANd wrestlers just seem to appear on TV one week and then come back 5 weeks later with no explanation.

TNA needs to get their shit together.

Mr. JL
05-09-2005, 01:02 PM
So yeah, I gave up on TNA after I saw Monty Brown JOB to Jeff Jarrett at Final Resolution.

Ninti the Mad
05-09-2005, 01:26 PM
So, uh, does the TNA program come out on television?

RemyRed
05-09-2005, 01:26 PM
Yeah I agree they need to get their shit together but lately they've been doing better, even utilizing that hour a week they get a little better. Here's hoping they get that 2 hour deal they're gunning for with WGN (shit channel but what else could they do).

RemyRed
05-09-2005, 01:28 PM
So, uh, does the TNA program come out on television?
Fridays @ 4PM on FSN.

Ninti the Mad
05-09-2005, 01:37 PM
Fox Sports Network?

Crashnburn
05-09-2005, 01:50 PM
Fox Sports Network?

yes

Kane Knight
05-09-2005, 02:04 PM
I don't think Homegrown is the right word.

Granted, it's not loaded with people who have justr jumped to TNA, but that doesn't mean they're homegrown TNA talent.

Crashnburn
05-09-2005, 02:18 PM
X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:
The Fallen Angel Christopher Daniels vs. Shocker

:wtf:

Am I the only one that's wondering why Shocker is the #1 contender for the X-Division title? This guy is just so boring to me. Isn't his finisher a roll up? :yawn: That hardly fits the "extreme" nature of the X-Division.

KayfabeMan
05-09-2005, 02:33 PM
The lack of continuous appearances by 1/2 of their 'roster' is what really hurts. They market a guy like Shark Boy, even producing an action figure of the guy - yet it's been weeks since he's appeared there. :nono:

The One
05-09-2005, 02:53 PM
I think once Dusty leaves, and they get their shit together again, TNA could turn it around, though I fear by the time all that happens it will be too late.

But as for the current card, I am actually excited. I love the Naturals, Raven in a House of Fun match is a treat, since Raven does kind of pull out something a little more for those then just standard Hardcore Matches. A.J. I think has a chance to take the title off Jarrett...though I wish they would have done it at Slamiversary. Monty Brown is obviously going to win the 20-man guantlet and face Styles at Slam. I don't mind seeing Shocker up there only because he is going against Chris Daniels, and Chris could pull a good match out of Hardcore Holly if needed. So the card, while there isn't a special "Pazaaz" to it, and no one match stands out as being worth the price of the PPV alone, it is solid...and I salute them for that.

Corkscrewed
05-09-2005, 04:00 PM
RAVEN'S HOUSE OF FUN MATCH Sounds like this is a hardcore match, but that's just the dumbest name ever. Altho it's a bit humorous cuz it sounds stupid...

Lamuella
05-09-2005, 04:04 PM
back to their roots?

are THE JOHNSONS returning?

PullMyFinger
05-09-2005, 04:27 PM
Sounds like this is a hardcore match, but that's just the dumbest name ever. Altho it's a bit humorous cuz it sounds stupid...
Don't disrespect the HOUSE OF FUN MATCH like that! :shifty:

KayfabeMan
05-09-2005, 04:30 PM
back to their roots?

are THE JOHNSONS returning?

No, of course not.

WWE was smart enough to sign those two tremendous talents.

Yet they fire Matt Hardy.

:nono:

Shadow
05-09-2005, 04:37 PM
HOUSE OF FUN MATCH

Still not as hardkore as HellRazor's House of Fun match.

Kane Knight
05-09-2005, 04:45 PM
Sounds like this is a hardcore match, but that's just the dumbest name ever. Altho it's a bit humorous cuz it sounds stupid...
Raven's only appeal to me right now is that he's so CAMP.

HE couldn't be gayer if he was taking it up the ass onscreen, catching for Richard Simmons, while singing "It's a small world after all" and waving sparklers and 3 dollar bills.

He's a joke, but he's an entertaining joke.

So bring back the Clockwork Orange House of Fun match... :D