PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Flag stakes claim with RCA

darkpower
05-16-2005, 02:04 AM
Instead of posting the whole story, I'll just link you:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05133/503641.stm

And in response: Congrats to AF. They are, in all honesty, one of the better punk bands (if you could call it that) that I've heard in a while. Whether or not you agree with what they are saying in their songs (they are VERY anti-Bush), bottom line is that they kick ass (IMO), and it's about time that someone reconizes them. I've gotten a chance to listen to 911 For Peace and have their The School Of Assassins song from Rock Against Bush Vol. 1. Of all the bands that have an anti-Bush message, I've gotten to like AF, and looking forward to finding out if they will have as much freedom in RCA as they said they would be getting.

Ska-Wars
05-16-2005, 05:35 AM
Heard about this a couple of weeks back. Anti-Flag are one of the bands that are ruined for me by their frankly god awful lyrics, but musically they're pretty solid. But it's nice to see a punk band that isn't just following whatever the current trend is getting a major label deal.

PullMyFinger
05-17-2005, 01:47 AM
I met the singer at last years Warped and had a nice chat with him. He was ... well...weird.