PDA

View Full Version : "That was a close one"

Rammsteinmad
05-17-2005, 03:34 AM
Someone on the Owen Hart thread mentioned how they didn't think Brock Lesnar's injury at Wrestlemania 19 wasn't so serious at first. That just got me wondering what do you all think are some of the luckiest near-misses that wrestlers have sustained?

I'd go with Brock's "Shooting Star Press"... still watching it today shocks me. :eek:

Corkscrewed
05-17-2005, 03:38 AM
Hayabusa's botched SSP wasn't "that bad" compared to what it could have been as well, and his looked TONS worse.

Paul London's clothesline off the ring apron at Rumble.

Paul London landing on his head after Akio accidentally flipped him onto the ropes.

The finish to HBK/Benjamin a few weeks ago had me a bit concerned for Shelton, since he sold it really well.

And of couse, we can't forget Lita's suicide dive. Or what I just call a Lita Dive.

RP
05-17-2005, 05:18 AM
Regal through Rvd in a back body suplex once that looked brutal . Thats all i can think of.

Chavo Classic
05-17-2005, 07:28 AM
RVD nearly snaped Dupree's neck on the UK smackdown last year. It dam near looked like a career-killer

Bischoff187
05-17-2005, 01:14 PM
Summerslam '97, Austin getting piledriven by Owen, I thought he was done for good.

Innovator
05-17-2005, 01:22 PM
If Brock didn't have a neck the size of an oak tree, he'd be crippled right now.

RVD landing on HHH's throat, that could have been more serious than it was.

Shadow
05-17-2005, 01:33 PM
If Brock didn't have a neck the size of an oak tree, he'd be crippled right now.

RVD landing on HHH's throat, that could have been more serious than it was.

Serious for who? HHH cause he would've been killed and therefore not subjecting us to any of the crap he did after wards? Bah...

ON this subject...Jeff Hardy's Swanton Bomb off that 20 foot ladder onto Bubba had me worried.

Anybody Thrilla
05-17-2005, 01:49 PM
Triple H goes to Pedigree Angle on the announcer's table, but the table breaks and they take an awkward fall.

Nowhere Man
05-17-2005, 01:52 PM
Benoit accidentally breaking Sabu's neck.

HankScorpio
05-17-2005, 01:52 PM
La Resistance trying to throw Spike out of the ring onto a table, his legs got in the way of the rope & he hit his head hard on the edge of the table. That was nasty

Bischoff187
05-17-2005, 01:54 PM
Taka Michinoku took a nasty ass toss out of the Royal Rumble one year, it was huge.

The One
05-17-2005, 01:59 PM
Your thinking about the 2000 Rumble I believe.

Anyway worst bump I can recall seeing was by a guy in Mexico. I was down in Texas visiting some family when I started watching some promotion for a few minutes (I think it was AAA) and some guy went for a huge dive through the ropes, but his foot got caught or something and his face just went SMACK against the side of the ring, and fell to the floor limp.

John la Rock
05-17-2005, 02:03 PM
definetly Brock's SSP at Mania 19

Shadow
05-17-2005, 02:06 PM
Your thinking about the 2000 Rumble I believe.

Anyway worst bump I can recall seeing was by a guy in Mexico. I was down in Texas visiting some family when I started watching some promotion for a few minutes (I think it was AAA) and some guy went for a huge dive through the ropes, but his foot got caught or something and his face just went SMACK against the side of the ring, and fell to the floor limp.

I giggled at that...am I a bad person?

Chavo Classic
05-17-2005, 02:32 PM
La Resistance trying to throw Spike out of the ring onto a table, his legs got in the way of the rope & he hit his head hard on the edge of the table. That was nasty

Hey kids, who wants to see a man's head pinged back like a pinball flipper? That was SICK!

The Gooch
05-17-2005, 02:51 PM
Val Venis taking the Splash from Rikishi off the top of the cell scared the fuck out of me. Rikishi must of put a major hurt on his knees to avoid crushing Venis with that spot.

Benoit did a suicide dive and smacked his head on the outside barrier once in a match with Jericho I believe. Scary as I think it may have been after his neck surgery.

The Fugitive
05-17-2005, 02:55 PM
A-Train taking a F5 from Lesnar, pops into mind immediately. That was just ugly.

Extreme Angle
05-17-2005, 03:06 PM
this is what i am thinking, and don't laugh at me i aint bin watching wrestling for long...
the undertaker vs mankind match in the hell in a cell, when undertaker chokeslamed mankind through the top of the cell.
If it was real then i recon mankind could of been out of WWE for good, it could of killed him.
(I was told it was a real incident, please tell me if it was real or not)

Corkscrewed
05-17-2005, 03:08 PM
:rofl:

It was a real bump, if that's what you mean. It was supposed to happen.

But you can bet that hurt like hell, and only a guy like Foley, who's got the pain tolerance of like 6000 rhinos, could take something like that and still do another ridiculous bump.

Extreme Angle
05-17-2005, 03:12 PM
o lol thanks for telling me. :)

Xero
05-17-2005, 03:15 PM
Didn't the chair land on Foley's face and push a tooth through his lip when he landed?

Also, (RAW Spoilers) on RAW when Benoit was going for the headbutt (but was stopped) I kept saying that he WASN'T going to make it. I know Benoit has been known to fly almost all the way across the ring, but a ladder is a different story when it comes to stability. Tajiri was just too damn far for him to reach him safely in my eyes.

Anybody Thrilla
05-17-2005, 03:17 PM
I heard Foley's tooth came out through his freakin' nose somehow.

Xero
05-17-2005, 03:22 PM
I heard Foley's tooth came out through his freakin' nose somehow.
When he's 'smiling' he said that he was trying to put his tongue through the hole. I believe he mentions it on his DVD.

Extreme Angle
05-17-2005, 03:26 PM
o yeah in my mankind "have a nice day!" book mick's ear gets ripped off!
A bit off topic but ouch that gotta hurt!

Lord-Of-Darkness
05-17-2005, 06:35 PM
In Mick's 1st book he says that on the chokeslam through the cell the chair wasn't supposed to be on that section of the cell, and as a result hit him in the face on the way down. According to him, its the only time in his whole career that he was legitamatly out cold

loopydate
05-17-2005, 06:42 PM
Mike Awesome going headfirst through a ringside table when Masato Tanaka tried to Awesomebomb him over the top rope. Like was said about Brock, Awesome was saved by his insane physique.

How about Jerry Lynn going face-first onto the concrete against RVD at (I believe) Hardcore Heaven? To this day, I don't know how much of that was good salesmanship and how much was "Holy shit, I almost cracked my head open like a ripe melon."

Kevin Nash going for the big boot in his first ma--never mind.

Savio
05-17-2005, 07:03 PM
Goldberg Ramming his head in to the ring post.

The_Next_Big_Hook_up
05-18-2005, 03:24 AM
I'd have to go with the first TLC match as well, but mine would be when Bubba powerbombed Jeff Hardy through Edge AND a table with only Hardy's neck......Jeff Hardy is built like a twig, I thought he had broken his neck right there

Hitman84
05-18-2005, 05:52 AM
KOTR 2001 - Kurt Angle tries to belly-to-belly suplex Shane McMahon through the glass section on the stage. I don't know if he did it on the wrong part, or if the glass was being a pain in the backside and refusing to break. But didn't it take like three tries to actually break the glass? Each time I think you could hear Shane grunt as though he had been winded. This one is nowhere near as bad as Brock, or Stone Cold vs Owen at SS97, but it sticks out in my mind.

Funky Fly
05-18-2005, 06:08 AM
That dude who tucked his head forward instead of backward while taking the Styles Clash.

The guy who oversold the Pedigree waay back.

Impact!
05-18-2005, 06:22 AM
yo funky i beleive you are talking about this

http://img285.echo.cx/img285/9990/kazarian4yi.th.gif (http://img285.echo.cx/my.php?image=kazarian4yi.gif)

nasty stuff right there

also for those of you in the C-Fed forum i like to call that the Ho-Down(if you've got a better name please tell)

Impact!
05-18-2005, 06:23 AM
you'll probably have to click on the pic to get it to work

Hitman84
05-18-2005, 07:02 AM
yo funky i beleive you are talking about this

http://img285.echo.cx/img285/9990/kazarian4yi.th.gif (http://img285.echo.cx/my.php?image=kazarian4yi.gif)

nasty stuff right there

also for those of you in the C-Fed forum i like to call that the Ho-Down(if you've got a better name please tell)
HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT!

Sickboy
05-18-2005, 10:09 AM
I can remember Mike Awesome powerbombing Kanyon on his neck in WCW.

Kanyon came down on his neck just like Kazarian did on that Styles Clash, with his legs over his head, and stayed on that position for like 10 seconds. I was sure his neck broke, as probably did Awesome as he seemed like he didn't know what to do for awhile, but then Awesome just started to kick Kanyon and the match continued like nothing happened. If I'm not wrong Kanyon has had a similar experience before, so I guess he has a very flexible neck.

Extreme Angle
05-18-2005, 11:11 AM
whats hapening on that picture?

RGWhat316
05-18-2005, 03:13 PM
Well, as much as people here hate him, Lesnar nearly killed Bob Holly when he dropped him on his head. I know Holly worked stiff, and probably provoked Lesnar. But that was sick.

I even remember Angle taking a chance on a RAW match in 2001. He tried to do a moonsault off the top of the cage, and belly flopped. I don't believe he was injured, but that was a chance.

Savio
05-18-2005, 03:54 PM
Holly did it to make it look like Brock could not pick him up. Since he was delibertly working unsafe he got what he deserved

DaveWadding
05-18-2005, 04:01 PM
That dude who tucked his head forward instead of backward while taking the Styles Clash.

Frankie Kazarian, that crazy fuck.

Funky Fly
05-18-2005, 06:13 PM
Holly did it to make it look like Brock could not pick him up. Since he was delibertly working unsafe he got what he deserved
Like poking a sleeping bear with a stick.

The Mackem
05-19-2005, 02:09 PM
Everytime Zach Gowen got threw about the ring by people like the Big Show and Lesnar I was always thinking that he was dead. He was skinny and had one leg, didn't seem like he should have been taking those moves.

Chavo Classic
05-19-2005, 03:28 PM
How about Jerry Lynn going face-first onto the concrete against RVD at (I believe) Hardcore Heaven? To this day, I don't know how much of that was good salesmanship and how much was "Holy shit, I almost cracked my head open like a ripe melon.".

now that WAS sick. he got his foot stuck in the rope and consequently fell head first rather than equally. i love how his head bounces off the floor.

jerichoholic169
05-19-2005, 03:34 PM
How about Jerry Lynn going face-first onto the concrete against RVD at (I believe) Hardcore Heaven? To this day, I don't know how much of that was good salesmanship and how much was "Holy shit, I almost cracked my head open like a ripe melon."

dude that was brutal. he got his foot caught in the ropes and ended up pushing the padding out of the way so his head hit the floor.....im sure RVD said on the ECW DVD or his DVD that Jerry Lynn was legit knocked cold at that point. I think RVD had to then do about two minutes of playing to the crowd to give him time to come round and let Fonzy pour water over Jerry to get him awake.

Id definitely have to go with Lesnar as it was on the greatest stage of all in his biggest match of his career and caused the entire backstage to collectively crap themselves that he might be fucked up.