PDA

View Full Version : The Best Rocky Movie and Rocky's Greatest Opponent

John la Rock
01-15-2004, 12:12 PM
I just bought the Rocky DVD set, I watched all of them this past week. This was my first time seeing 1, 2 and 5. 1 was really really good, 2 was ok, and 5 was ok but the ending was absolutely dreadful.

My question is what do you think is the best Rocky Movie?

I, II, III, IV or V

AND

Who do you think was Rocky's greatest opponent?

Appollo Creed
Thunderlips
Clubber Lang
Ivan Drago
Tommy Gunn

My picks: Rocky IV and Ivan Drago

el fregadero
01-15-2004, 12:27 PM
<font color=teal>Rocky was the best movie, Clubber Lang was his best opponent.</font>

Vega
01-15-2004, 02:22 PM
The original, easily. Even though some of the sequils were pretty decent.

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-15-2004, 03:44 PM
Rocky 4, and drago.

el fregadero
01-15-2004, 03:52 PM
<font color=teal>What the hell? How can you possibly pick against the T?</font> :mad:

Ninti the Mad
01-15-2004, 03:55 PM
Ivan Drago was the fiercest of them all.

That match was intense.

Jerichoholic
01-15-2004, 06:11 PM
Creed, because he was the only one to beat him like a bitch.

Disturbed316
01-15-2004, 06:15 PM
Yeah Drago was best opponent, just for the fact that he killed Creed before.

OMG SPOILER WARNING :roll:

Dunno about favourite film, I liked them all.

No_Chance2
01-15-2004, 06:16 PM
I love the Rocky movies myself since Sly Stallone is my favorite actor. :y:

I love the first one the best.

My favorite Rocky opponents: Creed, Ivan Drago and Tommy Gunn.

Yep, I know, Rocky V is everyone's least favorite Rocky film but I enjoyed it. I thought the streetfight was almost hardcore wrestling a little bit, plus, I think Tommy Morrison who played Tommy Gunn played a very realistic bad guy boxer. :)

The Miz
01-15-2004, 06:27 PM
they all blow ass, the original blows the least amount of ass though.

The Show Off
01-15-2004, 06:28 PM
The best Rocky movie ever in my opinion is Rocky III, basically because it finally delt with the face that Rocky was a slow white boy beating up faster more athletic men. Plus it was the first time we heard "Eye of the Tiger" plus you gotta love Apollo and Rocky becoming friends, wich in professional sports is often times what happens, maybe not in Boxing but still.

My favorite Rocky opponent has to be Apollo Creed, because he was the most realistic. Clubber Lang was basically an uber jackass and Ivan Drago was just completely a cartoon character. How come it seemed throughout the whole movie that he was a NAzi, yet he's from Russia?

No_Chance2
01-15-2004, 06:57 PM
Rocky III was awesome, I love the beggining of the movie of Rocky III when it gets to the opening title theme, then after that gets over with, it goes into another music montage of "Eye of the Tiger" showing footage of Rocky defending the title, that was a pretty amazing opener for a movie I think.

Rocky IV was a pretty good movie, I just didn't like how it had too many music and training montages, the film wasn't that long and it had very little dialouge. Still a good movie considering that Ivan Drago was a bad ass. :)

weather vane
01-15-2004, 07:30 PM
<font color=white>I love them all equally I think. I love staying home and watching all 5. I have 3 posters of Rocky in my room, so good. I am actually gonna watch them Sunday probably.

Best opponent? Probably Appolo Creed. He was so amazing. I also have the Rocky game on PS2. It is done so well. I love being Clubber and just piling Drago.</font>

John la Rock
01-16-2004, 02:07 AM
Rocky IV was a pretty good movie, I just didn't like how it had too many music and training montages, the film wasn't that long and it had very little dialouge. Still a good movie considering that Ivan Drago was a bad ass. :)

I personally loved the training scenes while Balboa was in Russia. That music and footage was a great build up towards the Rocky/Drago fight and I always used to watch these scenes before Id go out to play hockey. It's great for motivation :y:

Yashamaga
01-16-2004, 01:53 PM
Appollo and Drago.

But Appollo Creed is the greatest character in the history of film

G
02-08-2009, 07:19 PM

Clubber

McLegend
02-08-2009, 07:34 PM
Apollo Creed.

Dark-Slicer Diago
02-08-2009, 07:42 PM
I personally loved the training scenes while Balboa was in Russia. That music and footage was a great build up towards the Rocky/Drago fight and I always used to watch these scenes before Id go out to play hockey. It's great for motivation :y:

Hearts of Fire by John Cafferty and written by Vince DiCola, Ed Fruge & Joe Esposito
<OBJECT height=350 width=425>
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jrq3K_7Q_rw"type="application/x-shockwave-flash"wmode="transparent"width="425"height="350"></embed></OBJECT>

thedamndest
02-08-2009, 08:01 PM
They pretty much go in order from best to worst, although there is a significant drop off after the second. I would actually place Rocky Balboa above Rocky IV and V.

And best opponent is Apollo, then Clubber, then Drago, etc.

Corndad
02-08-2009, 08:26 PM
Rocky IV would be my favorite followed by II. The Training Montages were just immense and amazing in IV and who can forget the Robot lol

Favorite Opponent was Creed just because his character got to evolve just as much if not more then the Rocky Character along the 4 movies he was in.

Zeeboe
02-08-2009, 08:42 PM
I love all the Rocky movies, so I can't pick just one. As for his toughest opponent, I say Ivan "I Must Break You" Draog.

ct2k
02-09-2009, 07:44 AM

Apollo Creed

Dave Youell
02-09-2009, 09:00 AM
Rocky 3 is one of the most un-intentially gay films in history

Just watch the beach running scenes!

Rocky 1: Rocky almost beats world champ through beating up dead cows
Rocky 2: Rocky beats world champ because his wife tells him to
Rocky 3: Mickey selfishly dies and causes Rocky to lose, however has a HHH style comeback and beats Mr T though the little known ‘punch me till you get tired’ game plan
Rocky 4: Rocky ends the cold war through boxing, Fact.
Rocky 5: Never happened, problem?

I love rocky films, the matches are insane, no one knows how to defend and every shot is a knockout blow. Best of all with Rocky films, you always think that your going to get your ass in shape and become something after watching them.

Anyway, My fav is the first and opponent is Chubbs from Happy Gilmore

PorkSoda
02-09-2009, 11:22 AM
I've only seen ROcky IV.....

jindrak
02-09-2009, 01:02 PM
The original Rocky. I still get goosebumps watching it and I've seen it over 100 times.

My order of prefence (most enjoyable to least) goes like this-

Rocky V is a VERY underrated movie. Seriously, ignore whatever you've heard or seen about it, and watch it again. I will say that V has the worst musical score of the series though.

3,4 are the least strong of the series because it shifts more focus to the fight than the life of Rocky. This is also why feel V gets an unfair reputation. It followed up 3,4 which were made to be blockbuster movies to appeal to a wider audience.

4 has the best musical score, hands down. Although, the movie feels like a long music video at times.

Greatest opponent- Drago. The training montages from the movie were so captivating that they became used to hype up all other kinds of sporting events.

Savio
02-09-2009, 01:06 PM
I like Rocky VI alot.

dablackguy
02-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Creed, because he was the only one to beat him like a bitch.

Everyone beat Rocky like a bitch. The character didn't get to the top of his boxing world cause he was a great fighter, he got there because he had heart

Which is also why he took so many savage beatings and sustained massive brain damage

Haze
02-09-2009, 07:45 PM
They pretty much go in order from best to worst, although there is a significant drop off after the second. I would actually place Rocky Balboa above Rocky IV and V.

And best opponent is Apollo, then Clubber, then Drago, etc.

:y:

Savio
02-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Everyone beat Rocky like a bitch. The character didn't get to the top of his boxing world cause he was a great fighter, he got there because he had heart

Which is also why he took so many savage beatings and sustained massive brain damage
Didn't he whoop the shit out of Tommy Gun?

Fox
02-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Rocky 1 and Apollo Creed.

Corndad
02-10-2009, 11:20 PM
Although not my choice, I wanna also had Mason "the Line" Dixon needs atleast a little mention in this thread.

McLegend
02-10-2009, 11:47 PM
Who is Tommy Gunn and Mason "The line" Dixon?

Skippord
02-11-2009, 02:12 AM
THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW!!!

Xerzes
02-11-2009, 02:59 AM
<font color=teal>Rocky was the best movie, Clubber Lang was his best opponent.</font>

Corndad
02-16-2009, 08:09 PM
Who is Tommy Gunn and Mason "The line" Dixon?

Tommy Gunn is from Rocky V. Was a kid Rocky trained but he ended up turning on Rocky and there was a fight at the end

Mason "the line" Dixon was from the newest Rocky VI or Rocky Balboa whichever you wanna call it.

McLegend
02-16-2009, 11:43 PM
What is Rocky V?

McLegend
02-16-2009, 11:43 PM
It never happened

Corndad
02-17-2009, 12:04 AM
It never happened

God do I wish you were right dude.

Krimzon7
02-17-2009, 09:22 AM
Apollo was great in Rocky 2. But ultimately he was best in his role as a friend to Rocky. Clubber Lang was the ulitmate heel.
'Clubber, what do you predict for tonights fight?'

Pain............

Innovator
02-17-2009, 10:44 PM
God do I wish you were right dude.
No, IT NEVER HAPPENED