PDA

View Full Version : Revenge Of the Sith (Spoilers)

Real Deal
05-18-2005, 04:27 PM
Overall.....that was awesome....

When That Helmet came down and sealed......awesome moment......

The moment that really ties in the two trilogies is hearing James Earl Jones's voice say "Where is Padme?"

After that there were no trilogies, there was a saga.

All the little sayings, and visuals that tie the two trilogies together.....it was awesome....

Though really not a fan of General Grievous..... just :n: to that character.

Jordan
05-18-2005, 05:03 PM
The only beef I had with the movie was the lame dialouge and the bad acting. Sam L. Jackson was really bad as well as James Earl Jones "NOOOO!!!!!". That was lame. But other than that it rivals the originals. I really enjoyed the CGI, the fight scene, Anakin and Palpatine were fucking great though.

Real Deal
05-18-2005, 05:11 PM
I think personally bad dialouge comes hand and hand with star wars. Though.....Those first one or two scenes of Anakin and Padme are woeful....

Bad acting....well yeah wasn't great. Though Hayden and Ewan did an alright job this time around...

UmbrellaCorporation
05-18-2005, 05:15 PM
Going to see it at midnight tonight. Can't wait. :love:

Shadow
05-18-2005, 05:17 PM
They all die. There...I saved you from 2 boobless hours.

UmbrellaCorporation
05-18-2005, 05:21 PM
They all die. There...I saved you from 2 boobless hours.

I'll use my imagination and envision titties on Darth Vader. :shifty:

mitchables
05-18-2005, 11:32 PM
Yeah I loved it. Hayden managed to act a little bit this time around - the scene just after Obi Wan has cut off Anakin's legs was crazy, both Ewan and Hayden were excellent in it.

Only gripes:

1. No Han Solo :(
2. Vader's AWFUL "NOOOOOOOOOOO" after the death of Padme, and
3. Yoda's random mentioning of Qui Gon to Obi Wan, with NO RESOLUTION WHATSOEVER. What was the point, really.

Other than that, the movie was insane. I went to the midnight screening, people were cheering at the start and end, it was excellent. Didn't know R2 was so versatile. :heart:

mitchables
05-18-2005, 11:34 PM
Also, yeah, General Grievous irked me a bit. Didn't really explain how he went from coughing, wheezing hunchback to four-armed harbinger of shit-ruining, but that's all good.

road doggy dogg
05-19-2005, 03:10 AM
Wow, that movie fucking owned fase. Excellent.

I agree with no Han though. SAD IN THE PANTS. NO LANDO EITHER ASFD. Though I guess there were enough black guys in the movie to make up for it.

Hot movieeeeeeeeeeeee. If I didn't have to work tomorrow I'd watch episode IV right now :rant:

McLegend
05-19-2005, 03:21 AM
Yeah have to agree with everyone so far very good movie.

Also it's very fast paced doesn't let up at all.

Also Ewan and the Emperor(don't know his real name) stole the show IMO.

Boondock Saint
05-19-2005, 03:44 AM
Yeah it was good times. Def. the best of the new ones.

Since this is a spoiler thread, Anakin killing those kids was a :eek: moment. And him getting burned was sweet.

As someone else said, all the little touches (TIE fighter shaped ships, Emperor's physical appearance etc) was cool.

Wouldn't Han have been really young to even have been in this movie? I don't think he'd have any reason. I think I read that Lucas did try to work him into an early draft but just saw no place for it. But it's cool knowing now that Yoda and Chewie are old friends. :D Anyone else catch the Millenium Falcon towards the beginning?

Overall definitly worth seeing.

BCWWF
05-19-2005, 03:57 AM
I thought it was real good. I watched episode 2 before seeing it and it was 100 times better.

What I liked about it:
-I thought it lead into the second trilogy great
-Anakin was finally a respectable actor

Things I didn't like:
-The light saber battles are no longer sword fights, they are too choppy and up close
-I wanted Coruscant (spell) to be blown up or something, it was just the focus of the first three movies and then it only appears at the very end of Return of the Jedi in the new editions.

I can't think right now, I liked the movie a lot though, I will come back tomorrow and point out more little things I liked and disliked, but overall I think its the best of the trilogy by far.

BCWWF
05-19-2005, 03:57 AM
BTW, there were so many nerds per capita at our midnight showing it was unbeliavable

BCWWF
05-19-2005, 04:01 AM
ALSO, Yoda was amazing in it

mitchables
05-19-2005, 04:10 AM
I thought it was real good. I watched episode 2 before seeing it and it was 100 times better.

What I liked about it:
-I thought it lead into the second trilogy great
-Anakin was finally a respectable actor

Things I didn't like:
-The light saber battles are no longer sword fights, they are too choppy and up close
-I wanted Coruscant (spell) to be blown up or something, it was just the focus of the first three movies and then it only appears at the very end of Return of the Jedi in the new editions.

I can't think right now, I liked the movie a lot though, I will come back tomorrow and point out more little things I liked and disliked, but overall I think its the best of the trilogy by far.

The reason you don't see Coruscant in Eps 4-6 really is because the action all takes place in the outer rims of the Empire. Places like Tattooine, Hoth, Dagobah and Endor. No reason to go to Coruscant. It has always been regarded as the 'capital' of the galaxy, even though you didn't see it.

Jerichoholic
05-19-2005, 05:06 AM
3. Yoda's random mentioning of Qui Gon to Obi Wan, with NO RESOLUTION WHATSOEVER. What was the point, really.

I think that was more about the actual power to do that, to explain in the last movie when Luke can see Yoda, Anakin, and Obi Wan.

Dave Youell
05-19-2005, 10:13 AM
My only gripes are the stuff they cut out

Liam Neison (sp?) actually did some lines and acted a few scenes so the ending would make more sense

And they filmed Yoda getting to that other planet and why he decided to go there (a sith lord used to live there so the dark side of the force would cloak his presence there)

Other than that I can't complain about it, it was just fantastic, i'm glad they went down the 12a route, hell looking at Ani at the end could have even warrented a 15!

Nowhere Man
05-19-2005, 02:03 PM
Saw the midnight show opening night. Absolutely fantastic movie.

Yeah, a lot of the dialogue sucked, and that "NOOOOOOOOO!" was corny as hell, but I'll forgive that since practically everything else about the movie rocked. Just makes me wonder where the hell Lucas was during I and II.

slextremely
05-19-2005, 05:40 PM
Awesome! Number 2 on my list behind ESB. This actually felt like Star Wars to me. Hayden was waaay better, and it was sooo much darker than i thought it would be.
Some scenes that were great to me:
1. Order 66, the clone troppers killing the jedi.
2. The duels of course.
3. Anakin killing the younglings, this actually made me sick...
4. Vader burning wow!
5. Vader geting suited up with the twins being born.
6. And what made me really believe Anakin had lost it, he chokes padme :eek: i did'nt see that coming.
10/10

Innovator
05-19-2005, 05:44 PM
Yeah, a lot of the dialogue sucked, and that "NOOOOOOOOO!" was corny as hell, but I'll forgive that since practically everything else about the movie rocked. Just makes me wonder where the hell Lucas was during I and II.
swimming in his pool of money

Shaggy
05-19-2005, 07:02 PM
I would have to say it was the Worst Star Wars Movie ever......

Im not saying it was really really horrible but it was like 30 min of greatness....2 hrs of crap.

There was alot of cheasy dialogue in the movie that made me just want to kill my self....

Maybe it wasnt the lines it self but the way the actors said it..

Padme: "Hold Me Anakin...Hold me Like you did by the lake of Naboo blah blah blah blah blah"

Cheasy....

Atleast the fight scene in the end was good. Thats what everyone way paying for anyways. That and seeing Yoda fight once again before he becomes his old hobbit self.

Corkscrewed
05-19-2005, 07:04 PM
My only gripes are the stuff they cut out

Liam Neison (sp?) actually did some lines and acted a few scenes so the ending would make more sense

And they filmed Yoda getting to that other planet and why he decided to go there (a sith lord used to live there so the dark side of the force would cloak his presence there)

Agreed. But he'll put that in 20 yrs from now in Revenge of the Sith: Special Edition.

Dialogue was crap. Palpatine ruled. Greivous was a wuss... he should have been like the cartoon version in terms of intimidation. Fighting was totally unrealistic but not bad. Romance sucked. A little bit of tightening would have been welcome. Yoda fighting ruled. The end should have featured Obi Wan on a speeder speeding into the sunset with Owen and Beru watching on, holding baby Luke.

Who, as we've finally found out, is the older one.

Love the throwback scenes... Organa, Obi Wan, and Yoda walking down the hall of the same ship that Leia was captured in in Ep IV. The end, with the Star Destroyer, old uniforms, Vader and Palpatine, and Moff Tarkin (looked like).

Best out of the prequels by far, but not sure how it ranks with the original. Empire is still the best, followed by Jedi and A New Hope, but 2nd and 3rd are really close, as is this.

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-19-2005, 08:50 PM
I haven't seen it, but who killed Samuel L?

Shaggy
05-19-2005, 10:06 PM
Palpatine did it....with a hand (ha ha ha) from Anakin....yea not funny

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-19-2005, 10:08 PM
Shoulda been Boba Fett

UmbrellaCorporation
05-19-2005, 10:35 PM
Shoulda been Boba Fett

^

Bobe Fett is the man.

http://bobafettsvette.ytmnd.com/

Boondock Saint
05-19-2005, 10:51 PM

There is no way this was worse than The Phantom Menace.

The Answer
05-19-2005, 11:41 PM
Great movie and without a doubt the best one I've seen in quite a while.

loopydate
05-20-2005, 12:10 AM
This was a fantastic movie. I only have a couple of gripes before I get to the greatness:

Gripes
1) The Wookiees really didn't do much. I was hoping that Chewbacca would kill the clones that turned on Yoda, just to kind of cement his badassness.

2) The romantic dialogue was still pretty bad. Better than Ep 2, though.

3) I wasn't wild about Padme naming the twins. Just seemed...forced.

4) Palpatine killed the Jedi (aside from Mace) WAAAAAAY too easily.

Okay, now the good stuff!

<ul>
<li>The saber battles were well-choreographed.
<li>I liked that the representative of (I forget the name of) the planet where Grievous is hiding out wasn't a bad guy. I thought it was a nice change of pace to have this scary dude being held hostage by the Separatists.
<li>The scene where Anakin goes into the temple was terrifying. Particularly when the kids are so thrilled to see him, but you know why he's really there...
<li>TARKIN CAMEO!
<li>I like that scene at the end where Yoda is telling Obi-Wan about communicating with the dead. Without having to show anything, it segues nicely into Eps. IV-VI.
<li>There are still some unanswered questions. Was Sidious Pelagus' apprentice? If so, did he create Anakin in Shmi?
<li>Anakin's descent into the Dark Side actually made sense! He didn't just turn for some random reason, like I was afraid he might. They actually used his line from Ep. II where he tells Padme that he's going to become so powerful that he can stop people from dying.
<li>It was eery how much Ewan McGregor looked/sounded/acted like Alec Guinness at times.
<li>Palpatine was scary. as. hell.
<li>The look on Dooku's face when he realized he had just been betrayed.
<li>The Neimoidian begging for his life before Anakin slices him open.
</ul>

Yeah, I could just go on forever, so I'll stop there.

But I am thoroughly satisfied with this movie. Kinda sad now that it's all over (movie-wise, anyway).

MoRcHeEbA
05-20-2005, 01:08 AM
ROFL @ Yoda walking in that room and just killing the two guards

MoRcHeEbA
05-20-2005, 01:10 AM
3) I wasn't wild about Padme naming the twins. Just seemed...forced

were you hoping they just wouldn't name them? it's not like everyone didn't know what the names were gonna be.

MoRcHeEbA
05-20-2005, 01:11 AM

dude you went to an ashlee simpson concert :o

MoRcHeEbA
05-20-2005, 01:12 AM
lol @ my kane knight style of posting in this thread.

Real Deal
05-20-2005, 01:16 AM
ROFL @ Yoda walking in that room and just killing the two guards

Yeah, that was awesome....

My nerd side is comming out to play....

Just little things i loved the most, how ships looked like they do in IV on.....
They way it finished was awesome...Just last 3-4 minutes of images looking old school, bare star wars. Loved it.
I can't wait to see it again, though first I will watch the OT. I really do love the little suttle tie ins.

PullMyFinger
05-20-2005, 02:14 AM
DAMN YOU ANAKIN! DAMN YOU FOR TURNING TO THE DARK SIDE!!! :shifty:

It was good, but just way too sad...however, it was expected. Good thing the good guys won in Episode 6.. hahahaaaaaaaaaa

Requiem
05-20-2005, 02:22 AM
Just saw it... loved it.

MoRcHeEbA
05-20-2005, 02:43 AM
it's funny when you're watching and you know who's gonna die and then when it happens you're like... SHIT :(

Dave Youell
05-20-2005, 02:59 AM
It was eery how much Ewan McGregor looked/sounded/acted like Alec Guinness at times.

:y: He was fucking amazing!

Shaggy
05-20-2005, 09:22 AM
dude you went to an ashlee simpson concert :o

yea so.....

This was the first star wars movie ive ever seen where I was just bored off my ass at one point. Im not saying it was a bad movie or anything. Its just compared to all the other ones I didnt like it as much.

The Phantom Menace was fun to watch. It might not have had the most action in it but it was fun to watch and not once did I ever get that bored feeling.

The Attack of the Clones even though it was mostly a love story was also still fun to watch. It had alot more action than Ep 1 and everything was better than it.

Maybe im just let down by this new Star Wars movie because I had high hopes for it. I wanted to go into this movie and just get blown away. I wanted to walk out of that movie going "Oh My God...That was the greatest movie ever made!!!!" but the only problem is that it wasnt what I was hoping for. I had high hopes for it because this was supposed to be the big FIGHT movie. All the Jedis get killed off and Anakin turns evil and the big end Lightsaber fight. I had high hopes the only problem is there was alot of mixed stuff in between.

Im sorta like the Comic book guy...even though I didnt like it as much as the others...im still gonna see it 4 times this week.

loopydate
05-20-2005, 03:06 PM
were you hoping they just wouldn't name them? it's not like everyone didn't know what the names were gonna be.
I was actually kinda hoping Bail and Owen would name them separately.

But again, that's just me being picky. That minor disappointment was smothered in a sea of amazement.

Corkscrewed
05-20-2005, 03:39 PM
Well, it did seem like Padme was just in a rush. Luke... *groan gasp push* LEIA!!! *dies* Well, she does mention a bit about there still being good, but still. A traditional (even if it's a bit sappy) Padme holding the babies and saying "this one will be Luke, and this one will be Leia" would have worked better IMO, just cuz it seemed like she was just labelling things.

Then again, with her whole "lost the will the live" even though she's STILL PREGNANT thing kinda suggests that mothers can abandon their children. Unintentionally of course. :nono:

You know what else would have really made the movie? In the Wookie battle scene, have a wookie land on the gunship. One of the droids tries to hit him off, but the wookie blocks the attack by grabbing the droid's arm. Wookie chokes droid with other hand. Then the wookie pulls the droid arm out of its sockets and sends the rest of the droid's body into the other droid. Then you plan the explosive and dive into the water.

TOTAL MARK OUT MOMENT if like Chewie had torn a droid's arm out of its socket. :love:

The One
05-20-2005, 05:35 PM
OK...I have seen the movie 5 times now (don't bother pointing out I am a nerd I know) but along with spending 12 and a half of the past 36 hours watching it I have spent the rest of the time talking about it/standing in lines talking about it/sleeping where I was in my dreams talking about it. The point is I am not goign to make this long at all, I just wanted to know what you all thought of this rather LARGE pot hole.

Star Wars Episode III:
Padme dies just moments after giving birth to Luke and Leia...

Now here comes the kicker...

Star Wars Episode VI:
Luke: Leia, do you remember your mother, your real mother?

Leia: Just a little bit. She died when I was very young. (Understatment of the year right there.)

Luke: What do you remember?

Leia: Just images, really. Feelings.

Luke: Tell me.

Leia: She was...very beautiful. Kind...but sad. Why are you asking me this?

THE PROBLEM
How does Leia remember images of Padme, and more then that, how on God's green earth would she be able to tell if her mother was kind having been alive only for about a minute of her mother's life. And why doesn't Luke Remember if it is some sort of "Force Sight". And if Leia had seen pictures (or holograms) of her mother rowing up and knew a bit of her back story, then why would she seem as sad as she does in Return of the Jedi talking about her. The point they made in Jedi was that Leia had never fully understood her mother and her constant depression. Now would it have been so fucking hard to have Padme live through child birth and die off a year or two later after Leia is grown somewhat. NO! It's not hard, but George had to go for that dramatic funeral scene. Hell have Padme and Bail be the first people to start up the Rebellion.

But I won't bitch because Episode III was everything I hoped it would be and George has totally redeemed himself.

RP
05-20-2005, 05:58 PM
Theres way to many holes left open. When I say that I mean there is tons of room for more films to be made if Lucas chooses so. For one, Mace Windu was not shown as actually killed. I mean you assume he's dead , but he's one of the most powerful Jedi there is. Whos to say he could fall and manage to land him self in a flying car like Annakin did in Episode 2. Thats defenitly a hole IMO. Also the fact that Obi Wun got into the tempe and changed the emergency code to say " Dont come to the temple" So that he can save the jedi's lives. Thats a hole. It means there's more Jedi's that can be introduced and have storys about. Theres a span of about 20 years between where EP3 leaves off and where EP4 starts. I'm willing to bet that lucas is gunna make 3 more episodes. Either telling the story of what happend between EP3 and EP4 or telling a whole different story . Maybe using the Luke charachter with a younger actor.

The very ending with the Qui Gon training reference Yoda had to Obi Wun. That was great. Tied in with Obi wun's "Death" in the original Star Wars.

The One
05-20-2005, 06:21 PM
As for your 3 more Episode theory...those holes will be filled in the upcomming Star Wars TV series which Lucas will be writing and directing the first episode, after that is will be several different people.

Real Deal
05-20-2005, 08:32 PM
Star Wars Episode III:
Padme dies just moments after giving birth to Luke and Leia...

Now here comes the kicker...

Star Wars Episode VI:
Luke: Leia, do you remember your mother, your real mother?

Leia: Just a little bit. She died when I was very young. (Understatment of the year right there.)

Luke: What do you remember?

Leia: Just images, really. Feelings.

Luke: Tell me.

Leia: She was...very beautiful. Kind...but sad. Why are you asking me this?

THE PROBLEM
How does Leia remember images of Padme, and more then that, how on God's green earth would she be able to tell if her mother was kind having been alive only for about a minute of her mother's life. And why doesn't Luke Remember if it is some sort of "Force Sight". And if Leia had seen pictures (or holograms) of her mother rowing up and knew a bit of her back story, then why would she seem as sad as she does in Return of the Jedi talking about her. The point they made in Jedi was that Leia had never fully understood her mother and her constant depression. Now would it have been so fucking hard to have Padme live through child birth and die off a year or two later after Leia is grown somewhat. NO! It's not hard, but George had to go for that dramatic funeral scene. Hell have Padme and Bail be the first people to start up the Rebellion.

But I won't bitch because Episode III was everything I hoped it would be and George has totally redeemed himself.

Wow....I've only seen it twice.....

Ok I have though about this one a lot, dont partically like the idea of this plot hole. But You could see it comming a mile away. I think personally.....this is how im excusing it in my mind anyways. That through the force, through what Bail has told her, through security holograms what ever. She has images of her mum.....The fact she says mostly feelings I think really points that it could be a force thing. And the reason why Luke does not remember is going back to the old Grils are more intuative and focused on feelings than men.

Meh.....just how Im letting is pass.

Something I picked up on the second viewing, Sidious says to Anakin "only one has learnt to avoid death" or somethinglike that. I realised that this is Qui Gon hes talking about.... Or was I dreaming that, is there a sith hes talking about?

Real Deal
05-20-2005, 08:32 PM
As for your 3 more Episode theory...those holes will be filled in the upcomming Star Wars TV series which Lucas will be writing and directing the first episode, after that is will be several different people.

keep in mind though its is not going to have anything to do with main characters.

The One
05-20-2005, 09:34 PM
Something I picked up on the second viewing, Sidious says to Anakin "only one has learnt to avoid death" or somethinglike that. I realised that this is Qui Gon hes talking about.... Or was I dreaming that, is there a sith hes talking about?

He is talking about Darth Plagueous (Sp correction anyone?). Darth Plagueous The Wise was the only person who could manipulate the force to create life. Now some people have a VERY crazy fucked up theory that since Palpatine killed Darth Plagueous, and becuase he had the knowledge to never die, and since Anakin never had a father. Shmi just became pregnet, that infact Anakin is Darth Plageous's son in a weird sort of cheating death through reincarnation or some shit like that. I don't like the theory, but it's something they are saying. Anyway that was a lot of stuff you didn't ask about, but yeah...the one who can cheat death is Darth Plagueous, the one who discovers the pathway to immortality is Qui Gon.

Real Deal
05-21-2005, 12:02 AM
humm not sure. He said only one. Im seeing it again in a few days. I'll wait for it pay more attention.

road doggy dogg
05-21-2005, 12:27 AM
Why was Padme still fat after giving birth to Luke/Leia, when they were bringing her body through the city. Looked like seh still had another baby or 2 to bust out thurr

Jaded-Dragon
05-21-2005, 01:14 AM
Didn't have to work today, so I finally saw it. I'm totally happy with everything. You know it's a good movie when you know that Mace Windu is about to die, yet you still find yourself saying, "No, come on Anakin, don't do it!" The whole scene with Mace vs Palpatine, then the extermination of the Jedi, made me want to come home and watch Episode VI just so I could see some redemption. That was a very intense scene. I did find it odd though that Mace had relatively no problem with Palpatine, yet Yoda never really had the upper hand.

I'm also glad that they didn't hold back in how exactly Anakin became Darth. When he lost his legs and caught on fire, I was like, "Holy shit!"

Good stuff. Lucas has definitely redeemed himself.

Jaded-Dragon
05-21-2005, 01:24 AM
Oh yeah, and I really enjoyed the nod to the old school films. In many ways, but specifically, the last shot. The old school uniforms and the way the interior of the ship looked like it was straight out of the 70's film.

loopydate
05-21-2005, 01:33 AM
As for the Leia's mother controversy, I just assumed she was referring to her adoptive mother.

Boondock Saint
05-21-2005, 02:23 AM
Why was Padme still fat after giving birth to Luke/Leia, when they were bringing her body through the city. Looked like seh still had another baby or 2 to bust out thurr

I think just to hide the fact from everyone, not just Palpatine and Vader, that she actually had the kids. So no one knows aside from those who saw Luke and Leia being born that the Skywalker name lives on.

Real Deal
05-21-2005, 03:27 AM
No...Vader and the Emperor would have known that a baby would have been born....Just not 2
Im sure I've read that somewhere....
And Obi-Wan talking to Luke in OT about how the emperor knew like he did etc.

As for the fatness...She died barly minutes after giving birth. It takes a a while for the stomach to go when alive....So i assume it wouldn't dead.

Triple A
05-21-2005, 03:50 AM
Wow that was some of the worst dialogue and acting I have ever seen in my life.

Pretty terrible.

Shaggy
05-21-2005, 09:12 AM
Saw it for the 3rd time late last night and it was alot better the 3rd time through. I still stand by my problems with it though.

Now voting the funniest line in a movie not meant to be funny....

Darth Vader: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

The whole damn theater cracked up.

Zelda
05-21-2005, 10:34 AM
Awesome movie. I saw the original English version, because in the previews for the French version, the voices weren't even going out at the same time the mouths were moving.

road doggy dogg
05-21-2005, 10:58 AM
I think just to hide the fact from everyone, not just Palpatine and Vader, that she actually had the kids. So no one knows aside from those who saw Luke and Leia being born that the Skywalker name lives on.

touché

Never thought of that.

Shaggy
05-21-2005, 11:38 AM
http://darthno.ytmnd.com/

HA HA HA HA HA

Kapoutman
05-21-2005, 04:28 PM
That was a GREAT movie. And to answer The One's plothole: Maybe Leia is talking about her adoptive mother, since we never know what happens with her anyway. That mother has thousands of reasons to be sad as the Replublic died and times are hard. She doesn't even know that she is Luke's sister by that point, so that could be a reason.

And I have nothing bad to say about the movie. Absolutely loved it.

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-21-2005, 05:00 PM
Saw it for the 3rd time late last night and it was alot better the 3rd time through. I still stand by my problems with it though.

You're a big nimrod. First you're like "this was the worst Star Wars Movie of all time" and you've seen it 3 times.

YOU ARE ONE PATHETIC LOSER.

Shaggy
05-21-2005, 05:46 PM
You're a big nimrod. First you're like "this was the worst Star Wars Movie of all time" and you've seen it 3 times.

YOU ARE ONE PATHETIC LOSER.

Hey IDIOT maybe you didnt read what I said before....

Yes I consider it the worst Star Wars Movie ever....but that doesnt make it a bad movie. I even said that I didnt think it was a really bad movie. Its just the worst of the 6. Its not like I said it was as bad as Dude Wheres My Car or Freddy Got Fingered or any shit like that. All I said was that it was the Worst Star Wars movie. That means out of the 6 I like this one the least. NOT God I hate this movie do damn much.

You know Its F'n Star Wars for crying out loud. If your a big Star Wars fan it wouldnt matter if this movie was just Jar Jar Binks standing in front of a million people reading the constitution the whole time. Youd still go see it more than once.

So before you go off calling me a pathetic loser because I saw it a few more times maybe you should go back and read what I said.

Hell im still gonna see a tons more times.....ITS STAR WARS

Kalyx triaD
05-21-2005, 06:32 PM
Silence, I must speak now.

Hot damn I loved this move; in a Star Wars sense. Now I have an affinity for lightsaber duels and this move spoiled me with them. I happen to like the political/religous undertones (and why they shouldn't mix) that was rampant throughout the middle of the film. And dammit, Vader vs Obi Wan was everything I wanted it to be when I first heard about a 'healthier' Vader facing a younger Obi Wan long ago. I never forgot the "Circle is complete" line (and wished Anikan would've refferenced it), but now I've seen it and I'm glad.

Everybody hunching for plot holes, quit it. Damn losers. Not the obvious stuff mind you, I understand some of them. But the whole "I watched the movie 4736373654 times to know..." thing is damn sad.

Atleast Christopher Lee wasn't cut out of this trilogy... ...'Cut' out... Hehe...

I might see it again, if only for the duels and kid-slaying Vader. You can't tell me that wasn't satisfying in a small way. Damn sad though.

Holy shit Grievous sucked balls. How could they let the cartoon version be better?!? How..? That silly-ass accent, BaD. I liked how they tied in Mace's Force Crush from the cartoon into play (for those who don't watch the cartoon, that's the reason for his weezing).

Now let's see who's asshole enough to get the Star Wars Saga 6-Pack DVD case a year in a half from now. Let's see...

BTW; I will be the first to vote that the original trilogy's lightsaber duels be remade with the more fluid Jedi-Dance style. It's hard to go back to the stiff glow-in-the-dark fencing now.

Downunder
05-21-2005, 06:37 PM
I can't believe I've seen this already, considering I waited until the other two piles of shit came out on DVD before I saw them.

Anyway it wasn't as shitty as the last two but it wasn't very good either - it was way too long they could have cut half an hour out of it and I wouldn't have got bored halfway through.

Crappy things about it:
Anakin and Obi Wans "witty" one liners at the start were cringe worthy
It was too long
The Wookies walked like they shit their pants
Jar Jar Binks at the end
It was a bit boring
I was bored
I ran out of coke too soon and was thirsty
The popcorn was too salty
Rather forgettable really

Innovator
05-21-2005, 06:57 PM
Only thing that could have made this better would be if Anakin offed Jar Jar

Shaggy
05-21-2005, 06:59 PM
My cousin was expecting Jar Jar to die in it. When we went and saw it last night he was pissed because the whole movie he was waiting for Anakin to pop Jar Jars head off and yet there was nothing.

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-21-2005, 07:09 PM
Hey IDIOT maybe you didnt read what I said before....

Yes I consider it the worst Star Wars Movie ever....but that doesnt make it a bad movie. I even said that I didnt think it was a really bad movie. Its just the worst of the 6. Its not like I said it was as bad as Dude Wheres My Car or Freddy Got Fingered or any shit like that. All I said was that it was the Worst Star Wars movie. That means out of the 6 I like this one the least. NOT God I hate this movie do damn much.

You know Its F'n Star Wars for crying out loud. If your a big Star Wars fan it wouldnt matter if this movie was just Jar Jar Binks standing in front of a million people reading the constitution the whole time. Youd still go see it more than once.

So before you go off calling me a pathetic loser because I saw it a few more times maybe you should go back and read what I said.

Hell im still gonna see a tons more times.....ITS STAR WARS

Yeah you're still a homo.

Loose Cannon
05-21-2005, 08:34 PM
Dam, lots of dedicated fans in here. Haven't seen it yet Wow, loads of fucking geeks in here. Jesus Christ. j/k guys

The One
05-21-2005, 09:50 PM
Hey shut up Loosey...

View of Episode III Counter: 7 times....god I have a problem with Star Wars.

Zen v.W.o.
05-21-2005, 10:51 PM
LC, I havent seen it yet either. In fact I just got done today watching the last of the original star wars moies and Harrison Ford is still a shit actor back then, and the movies for their time were good, and if you dont think of it as a movie other then just some kids fantasy, it's alright.

Star Wars, I just dont see the big deal about it really. I'll watch it though, I feel like I have to complete it.

Also, I'm gonna go into the theater and for each compelling moment in the film I'm gonna yell out, MI SAH JAH JAH BINKS!!

mitchables
05-21-2005, 11:35 PM

I agree the "NOOOO" was terrible, but the whole scene was a nice throwback to the old Frankenstein films, with Vader walking really stiffly and barely being able to move... it was like the creation of Palpatine's monster. :heart:

RP
05-22-2005, 12:55 AM
The perfect begining for this movie would have been Obi Wun and Anakin rescuing Jar Jar. It would be perfect. Hardcore SW fans would be pissed. Then at the moment where they get outnumber by the rolling droids. They will use there sabers to deflect all the bullets. But they will accidently deflect them into Jar Jar. Then like all the droids will stop shooting. Obi Wun and Annakin will stop what there doing and look down at Jar Jar. Shrug there shoulders. Then the movie will start back up where it left off. WOuld have been priceless. The thing is , if they actually did this at the beginning. It would be harmless. People will cheer then get on to the good shit.

Nark Order
05-22-2005, 01:56 AM
Just saw the movie today.

Fucking Awesome.

El Santo
05-22-2005, 03:02 AM
Saw the movie last night. I thought it was the best of the prequels and got me to pop Episode 4 in this morning thanks to that last scene. It really does hammer the point home that Luke is the last hope for the Jedis.

Ian MacDarmid's portrayal of the Emperor has always been in a ball and he seems to be absolutely reveling in it in this movie. I can totally see why Anakin sided with him. I mean, didn't the Jedi just come off as sanctimonious bastards or what? He foresees his wife's death, and all they tell him is to let go of all emotional attachments. Whatever.

On a related note, I think my girlfriend may be tired of my "Talk Like the Evil Emperor Day" schtick. :)

mitchables
05-22-2005, 08:16 AM
The perfect begining for this movie would have been Obi Wun and Anakin rescuing Jar Jar. It would be perfect. Hardcore SW fans would be pissed. Then at the moment where they get outnumber by the rolling droids. They will use there sabers to deflect all the bullets. But they will accidently deflect them into Jar Jar. Then like all the droids will stop shooting. Obi Wun and Annakin will stop what there doing and look down at Jar Jar. Shrug there shoulders. Then the movie will start back up where it left off. WOuld have been priceless. The thing is , if they actually did this at the beginning. It would be harmless. People will cheer then get on to the good shit.

That would have been awful. Never write a script, or make a movie.

loopydate
05-22-2005, 09:15 AM
On a related note, I think my girlfriend may be tired of my "Talk Like the Evil Emperor Day" schtick. :)
On a semi-related note, I had a coughing spell yesterday, and my sister complimented me on my General Grevious impression.

Shaggy
05-22-2005, 09:35 AM
Yeah you're still a homo.

WOW......what are you like in middle school?

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-22-2005, 10:05 AM
WOW......what are you like in middle school?

Yeah probably.

You big homo.

Shaggy
05-22-2005, 10:53 AM
:lol:

The Mackem
05-22-2005, 04:23 PM
Aye good film. Liked some of the subtle Death Star hints throughout.

That kid Jedi who killed a few droids before being mowed down when Bail Organa was taking off should have had a bigger part. Jar Jar was in the film too much for my liking. It was good to see Alderan, shame it gets blown up.

Shaggy
05-22-2005, 04:25 PM
I think the funniest thing of all is how Jar Jar was such a big part in the first movie ....then in episode 2 his part is way smaller....and in 3 he doesnt even speak and is only on the screen for like 5 seconds total.

samichna
05-22-2005, 05:42 PM
lol never gonna see this shit

loopydate
05-22-2005, 06:28 PM
Good for you.

Savio
05-23-2005, 12:17 AM
Why the fuck would a robot cough?

Boondock Saint
05-23-2005, 01:00 AM
He had human innards and stuff.

Nervous Ferret
05-23-2005, 01:23 AM
saw it, it was pritty sweet. I was lost though because this was the only SW's movie I have ever seen. :$

John la Rock
05-23-2005, 01:46 AM
Excellent film

10000 times better than Episodes 1 and 2

My only complaint:

WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T ANAKIN SLICE UP JAR JAR?!!!?

VJW
05-23-2005, 02:37 AM
Palpatine was the best part of the film IMO. I like how they explained how his face got all messed up.

RP
05-23-2005, 02:44 AM
That would have been awful. Never write a script, or make a movie.

It was pun bro. Chill.

Shaggy
05-23-2005, 09:53 AM
http://padme.ytmnd.com/

Possibly my favorite YTMND ever.... HA HA HA HA

MJD
05-23-2005, 10:20 AM
Why the fuck would a robot cough?

Grievious was a warlord alien that was pretty much killed and was turned into an Android to keep him alive, much like Anakin who is also an android. He had a confrontation with Mace Windu that you would see in the later chapters of the Clone Wars micro-series that rendered him pretty fucked up, hence the coughing.

Grievious hates the fact that he is part droid and hates being called a droid cos if anything he is an android.

MJD
05-23-2005, 10:43 AM
BTW; I will be the first to vote that the original trilogy's lightsaber duels be remade with the more fluid Jedi-Dance style. It's hard to go back to the stiff glow-in-the-dark fencing now.

Just remember, Darth Vader's limbs were all mechanical, not a whole lot of flexibility and Luke couldnt really do much cos Vader was more powerful and Obi Wan was old. But I do know what you mean, thats just my defence interpretation however.

MJD
05-23-2005, 10:53 AM
I think the funniest thing of all is how Jar Jar was such a big part in the first movie ....then in episode 2 his part is way smaller....and in 3 he doesnt even speak and is only on the screen for like 5 seconds total.

He says "squeeze me" when another senator tells him to move or something. He is the representive senator for Naboo. So he didn't need a bigger part as Naboo was out of the picture.

Hey Mackem you dumbass the biggest Deathstar hint was actually seeing it at the end :lol:

Anyway my thoughts are I thought it was really good, I enjoyed it. Crappy acting, some crappy lines but hey its starwars, you either love it or hate it. I reckon the whole chronicles are awesome and if you read through the Databank on starwars.com you will see how much effort is put into the whole "galaxy".

One bit I thought was cool was seeing Moff Tarkin at the end talking to the Emperor and Vader on the bridge of the Executor. For anyone who knows Farscape... Tarkin was played by the same guy who plays Scorpeus, chosen for his highly visible cheek bones.

The scenes were Anakin was killing the younglings and the scenes before and after that where most of the Jedi were being killed was powerful. As was Anakin's screaming of "I hate you" at the end. Powerful stuff, for me.

I loved it. Seen it 5 times and Im gonna keep soaking it in as long as its at the cinemas cos its the last time it'll be there for a while.

No more starwars, no more matrix, no more lord of the rings... whats left to look forward to in terms of trilogies and such.

Shaggy
05-23-2005, 11:26 AM
He says "squeeze me" when another senator tells him to move or something. He is the representive senator for Naboo. So he didn't need a bigger part as Naboo was out of the picture.

I knew I heard something....I just didnt know if that was him or not. I wonder if they just went back and him saying that from one of the other 2 films or if they actually had to pay the guy for that one line.

Real Deal
05-23-2005, 01:08 PM
I loved it. Seen it 5 times and Im gonna keep soaking it in as long as its at the cinemas cos its the last time it'll be there for a while.

No more starwars, no more matrix, no more lord of the rings... whats left to look forward to in terms of trilogies and such.

I would be going for number 3 tomorrow night, but alas, I've fallen behind in my essays.

Ps: Harry Potter :p

DaveWadding
05-23-2005, 01:18 PM

Hi Matty :wave:

Yeah, I have an odd feeling, I'll make it up to seeing it half a dozen times in the theatre.

PPS: Chronicles of Narnia ;)

MVP
05-23-2005, 10:35 PM
I marked the fuck out during Mace Windu's death. Just cause you knew everything that had built up from Ep. II and prior to that scene culminated to that moment. And finally seeing Anakin turn just showed how exciting something can be even though you know what's gonna happen.

Fox
05-23-2005, 10:39 PM
PPPS: Spider-Man and X-Men

MJD
05-24-2005, 09:37 AM
PPPS: Spider-Man and X-Men

Nothing compared to the magnitude of the three I mentioned.

Narnia perhaps but the books are boring as shit.

road doggy dogg
05-24-2005, 09:41 AM
PPPPS: MIGHTY DUCKS

wwe2222
05-24-2005, 10:41 AM

I admit the OB1/Darth duel in EP4 is tough to watch now after seeing them go at it in Ep3. But as for the other duels in Empire and Jedi, I prefer them to the ones in the prequel trilogy. The new duels seemed too coreographed and showy. They missed the drama and emotion that the others had. In my opinion anyway.

El Vaquero de Infierno
05-24-2005, 01:23 PM
I thought the film felt a bit rushed, especially with the way Anakin turns to the dark side.

Danny Electric
05-24-2005, 03:25 PM
I really liked the film, it had it's flaws but which film doesn't.
I loved his turn to the dark side which starts in episode 1, loved the scenes and yes the dialogue was crappy but this is Star Wars.
I loved how the editing changed towards the end to move it into episode 4, that was smart.
Overall a good film, not amazing but just over 2 hours of fun

Oh and I can't wait to see 'The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe', I love The Chronicles of Narnia books.

Savio
05-24-2005, 03:44 PM
PPPPPS: Rocky 6: Death of Rocky, Rocky 7: Adrians revenge

loopydate
05-24-2005, 04:25 PM
My sister went and saw it a second time this week, and she mentioned that in the scene where Anakin is torn between Mace and Palpatine, there is a shot where he's looking from one to the other that's almost identical to the shot in "Jedi" where Vader is looking between Luke and Palpatine.

Now I need to see it again, 'cause if that's true, that's a very cool touch by Lucas.

samichna
05-24-2005, 04:32 PM
PPPPS: MIGHTY DUCKS

D4

The One
05-24-2005, 05:25 PM
Anyone else notice that the first Death Star begins being constructed at the end of Episode 3...approx. 20 years before A New Hope, and the 2nd Darth Star (which is bigger mind you) is near completion after the 3 years in between Empire and Jedi....hmhmhmhmhmhmmmmm

loopydate
05-24-2005, 05:41 PM
When the built the first one, it was the first time anyone had ever thought to build anything that big. "That's no moon..."

The second time, they'd pretty much perfected the process and could build it much more efficiently.

I guess...

Fox
05-24-2005, 07:50 PM
Nothing compared to the magnitude of the three I mentioned.

Narnia perhaps but the books are boring as shit.

I don't know, Spider-Man is slowly becoming one of the greatest trilogies of all time. All Raimi's gotta do is keep the ball rolling with SM3 and everything will be gravy. I don't care if Joel Shmaucher shows up to direct the SM movies after 3, but as long as Raimi's makes a great trilogy I'll be stoked.

I'm going to see Star Wars again tonight. I saw it on opening night, but I was extremely tired towards the end so I don't think I got the full experience. Plus I was a little bit high. What I saw was an amazing film - great imagery, great fight scenes, and awesome watching Anakin turn to the dark side. Still, it pales in comparison to the greatness that was the original trilogy.

MJD
05-24-2005, 09:14 PM
You're not serious? Are you? :wtf:

Innovator
05-24-2005, 09:17 PM
The 2nd Death Star had its weapons operational, but the damn Rebels killed all the construction workers working on it. I mean cmon they should have at least unionized after something like that.

El Santo
05-24-2005, 09:26 PM
Anyone else notice that the first Death Star begins being constructed at the end of Episode 3...approx. 20 years before A New Hope, and the 2nd Darth Star (which is bigger mind you) is near completion after the 3 years in between Empire and Jedi....hmhmhmhmhmhmmmmm

6 years if you assume the Emperor commissioned production after the first Death Star bit it. And it was only, like, two thirds finished.

You also gotta figure the first Death Star had to go through production qualifications and wind tunnel tests. Then there's all the safety inspections and federal regulation tests to pass, which takes 15 years easy on something the size of a small moon. Didn't do crap for all the dangerous gilloutine doors and unguarded floor openings, though. I suspect bribery was involved.

By the time Death Star II was ready, all the certifications has been passed, and the new Death Star was ready to go.

XL
05-24-2005, 09:39 PM
Enjoyed the film throughly!

One question for everyone...

say in a few years or even now, when you have kids and you want to show them the Star Wars saga, would you show them I through VI or episodes IV-VI and then I-III???

I mean, if you watch them in chronological order it completely ruins the plot twist at the end of Empire Strikes Back.

Was it neccessary to name the kids, to show them being taken away?

Obviously you must come at this question as if you havent seen any of the films!

I guess its like this generation watching the new ones and knowing that Palpatine was Sidious and that Anakin would turn!

Subtle touchs were great! The way clones become stormtroopers, ship styles changing, the aforementioned parallell between the stand off between Anakin/Palpatine/Windu and Luke/Vader/Palpatine, amongst many others.

Oh, and films to look forward to...

Batman Begins anyone?

Sin City?

Madagascar!

Fox
05-26-2005, 01:26 AM
Sin City is done and gone, my friend. Where the fuck have you been?

Scarface
05-26-2005, 06:27 AM
Good movie.

Downunder
05-26-2005, 08:47 AM
Enjoyed the film throughly!

One question for everyone...

say in a few years or even now, when you have kids and you want to show them the Star Wars saga, would you show them I through VI or episodes IV-VI and then I-III???

I mean, if you watch them in chronological order it completely ruins the plot twist at the end of Empire Strikes Back.

Was it neccessary to name the kids, to show them being taken away?

Obviously you must come at this question as if you havent seen any of the films!

I guess its like this generation watching the new ones and knowing that Palpatine was Sidious and that Anakin would turn!

Subtle touchs were great! The way clones become stormtroopers, ship styles changing, the aforementioned parallell between the stand off between Anakin/Palpatine/Windu and Luke/Vader/Palpatine, amongst many others.

Oh, and films to look forward to...

Batman Begins anyone?

Sin City?

Madagascar!
My daughter is 3 years old, if in 10 years time DVD's still exist I'll show her the first three episodes I have on DVD (I'm talking about the first three made - Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi). I'll ask her to watch and enjoy, and then I'll explain that many years later due to the pull of the almighty dollar three more were made, and not to waste her time because in comparasion they sucked.

packt up
05-26-2005, 10:17 AM
I saw the film yesterday and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The NOOOO was comical as was some of the dialogue but thats not really what Star Wars is all about now is it? I loved how there were hints of the later films like Palpatines shuttle shape, the storm trooper clones the inklings of Star Destroyers and things like that. Though I do have to agree with something pointed out already that those 3 Jedi accompanying Mace Windu went down hella easy against Palpatine. It was 4 v 1 come on :(.

I also thought of just a potential conflict in stories. Namely that when Anakin is discovered the Jedi council are initially reluctant to train him as he was too old. Yet in A New Hope Luke is trained no problem by Obi Wann despite him being about twice as old as when Anakin was discovered. I know the Jedi Council no longer existed and all but just seems weird that if training has to start really young that Luke was trained at all.

wwe2222
05-26-2005, 10:52 AM
Its not like they had a choice. THey had to train Luke or else there would have been noone else to train. OB1, Yoda, and then Luke were the last of the Jedi. If they didnt train Luke, the Jedi would have died out. The question you should be asking is, WHy didnt OB1 try to train Luke when he was younger instead of waiting for him to just pop up one day. But some of the novels explain his uncle kept him away...

also, the 3 jedi that palpi kills with mace. They werent Jedi masters, just jedi knights. So palpi could have easily destroyed them considering how powerful he is.

Tornado
05-26-2005, 01:06 PM
Just got back from it. I'm satisfied. Best of I,II,III by a country mile.

XL
05-26-2005, 01:09 PM
One thing I forgot to mention...

about the Vader NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It was kinda parralelled by Luke's NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO in Empire, which I thought was overdone!

I mean if Darth Vader told me he was my father I'd be like...

Shit...let it sink in...shit!

Sin City is done and gone, my friend. Where the fuck have you been?

It doesn't open til next week here in the UK!

Danny Electric
05-26-2005, 02:59 PM
I was just going to say that about Sin City :)

The Miz
05-26-2005, 08:55 PM
Wow el terrible. Empire Strikes Back is the only one of the 6 that is above a D-grade.

Kane Knight
05-27-2005, 04:36 PM
Grievious was a warlord alien that was pretty much killed and was turned into an Android to keep him alive, much like Anakin who is also an android. He had a confrontation with Mace Windu that you would see in the later chapters of the Clone Wars micro-series that rendered him pretty fucked up, hence the coughing.

Grievious hates the fact that he is part droid and hates being called a droid cos if anything he is an android.
Errr...You mean cyborg. An android is like C3P0 or the like.

MJD
05-28-2005, 04:26 AM
Yer, my bad.

Smitty
05-28-2005, 01:26 PM
Its not like they had a choice. THey had to train Luke or else there would have been noone else to train. OB1, Yoda, and then Luke were the last of the Jedi. If they didnt train Luke, the Jedi would have died out. The question you should be asking is, WHy didnt OB1 try to train Luke when he was younger instead of waiting for him to just pop up one day. But some of the novels explain his uncle kept him away...

also, the 3 jedi that palpi kills with mace. They werent Jedi masters, just jedi knights. So palpi could have easily destroyed them considering how powerful he is.

They had to be masters, they were on the Jedi council.

Champion of Europa
05-29-2005, 12:33 AM
It was good. Not great. I wouldn't really want to see it again.

BlackRavyyn
05-29-2005, 01:04 AM
Well I would have to say that Ep III sure makes up for the clusterfuck that was Ep I (minus the lightsabre scene with Maul) and the improved but still lacklustre Ep II.

Loved the beginning space battle sequence, but that alone will make me go back and see the movie again since it was hard to follow all that was going on in that scene. I was just glad I didn't see it in IMAX - serious vertigo issues there :lol:

Didn't mind some of the subtle transformations towards Ep IV (space ships, the Death Star beginning, Obi One). I would have to say I didn't mark out at anything like some others here did. I had a good time watching the Yoda/Emperor scene. And as much as the Vader scene was good to watch, I still prefer the moments leading up to it - we now see what happened to Anakin before.

Hated the dialogue! Hated the fact that Jar Jar was even in the damn thing. I still think the best thing for that character would've been that he wasn't saved in the Phantom Menace and was just run over. There, annoying character solved.

Kudos for the introduction to Chewie, the style of the ships, Mr badass himself, Darth Vader and the death of Windu and Dooku. Still can't wrap my head around Grevious. A prototype for Vader, maybe?

wwe2222
05-29-2005, 06:05 PM
They had to be masters, they were on the Jedi council.

are you sure? I dont think they were.

Also, Grievous was meant to be a protoype/foreshadow, etc of Vader according to an interview in some magazine that I read. Hence the coughing and the lungs and heart that was underneath his armor.

Loose Cannon
05-29-2005, 07:00 PM
Saw IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty Cool. Loved the Massive Heel Turn by everyone. LOL @ Vader cleaning out the kids. They didn't even see what was coming. Yoda vs The Emperor was really cool.

Who was that dude that became Leiah's dad? Was he even in the past movies?

Anyway, it was cool and now I feel like watching Part 4.

Savio
05-29-2005, 07:25 PM
By every one :roll:

Kane Knight
05-29-2005, 07:30 PM
6 years if you assume the Emperor commissioned production after the first Death Star bit it. And it was only, like, two thirds finished.

You also gotta figure the first Death Star had to go through production qualifications and wind tunnel tests. Then there's all the safety inspections and federal regulation tests to pass, which takes 15 years easy on something the size of a small moon. Didn't do crap for all the dangerous gilloutine doors and unguarded floor openings, though. I suspect bribery was involved.

By the time Death Star II was ready, all the certifications has been passed, and the new Death Star was ready to go.
See, I blamed contractors. By Episode 4, Vader had squashed the Unions, but it took time.

Plus, being a project of the Empire, it didn't really need to pass through federal regulations. It basically worked like this.

Emperor: Do you approve of this, your Lordship?
Emperor: Yes I do.

Anyway, while I joked about the Death Star being started so early, it's important to keep in mind that we don't have a total idea of how much time passed. They were running it in tandem with the "good guys" ending, but that doesn't mean they were happening at the same time. Especially with the way Lucas tries to be this deep director.

Kane Knight
05-29-2005, 07:38 PM
I also thought of just a potential conflict in stories. Namely that when Anakin is discovered the Jedi council are initially reluctant to train him as he was too old. Yet in A New Hope Luke is trained no problem by Obi Wann despite him being about twice as old as when Anakin was discovered. I know the Jedi Council no longer existed and all but just seems weird that if training has to start really young that Luke was trained at all.
Traditionally, Jedi were trained at a young age.

If you notice, in Empire, Yoda actually says that Luke is too old.

Also, in the Episode 7-9 era, a lot of people are trained at an older age due primarily to necessity, so Lucas probably never envisioned it as a hard-and-fast rule. Not that he's the best guy to go to for rigid standards.

No real plot conflict here.

Not to mention Obi-Wan's defiance of the Jedi council in the first place.

Kane Knight
05-29-2005, 07:43 PM
One thing I forgot to mention...

about the Vader NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It was kinda parralelled by Luke's NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO in Empire, which I thought was overdone!

I mean if Darth Vader told me he was my father I'd be like...

Shit...let it sink in...shit!
The parallels were forced down our throat, and horribly done for the most part. Most of the ones in Ep 3 were pretty good, but this one was horrible.

In Luke's case, he's pissed off, hating Vader, the guy who killed his dad and lopped off his hand. And suddenly he's hit by this? That made sense.

The Boris Karlov imitation? Fuck that.

In terms of Vader/Kenobi, and the lighsaber scene...Vader's now more machine than man...Obi-Wan's 20 years older and has lived in solitude. Who cares that they're not doing kung fu somersaults? The Jedi were supposed to parallel samurai anyway, who tended more towards the style illustrated in the original trilogy.

YOUR Hero
05-29-2005, 08:00 PM
To be honest, I disliked all the hopping aroung the Jedi's do in the new series. Silly, specially Yoda. Other than that I find little to complain about.

Is clone wars the animated series that played a couple years ago. (other than the Ep2)

Smitty
05-29-2005, 11:59 PM
are you sure? I dont think they were.

Also, Grievous was meant to be a protoype/foreshadow, etc of Vader according to an interview in some magazine that I read. Hence the coughing and the lungs and heart that was underneath his armor.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/saeseetiin/index.html

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/kitfisto/index.html

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/agenkolar/index.html

last time I watched Episode III, I noticed all three were in the council meeting, so there ya go.

Also, Grievous has his cough because Mace Windu force crushed his chest in the Clone Wars cartoon series.

MJD
05-30-2005, 05:38 AM
Who was that dude that became Leiah's dad? Was he even in the past movies?

Anyway, it was cool and now I feel like watching Part 4.

He is Bail Organa, the guy who supposedly started the whole Rebellion due to his distaste of the new Empire. He raised Leia and gives her his name (Leia Organa) but is killed when Alderan is destroyed in Episode 4.

In Leia's message to Obi Wan she says "you served my father in the Clone Wars", Organa is of whom she speaks.

AND Grievious has nothing at all to do with Vader, whats all this prototype nonsense?

Loose Cannon
05-30-2005, 01:09 PM
My sister went and saw it a second time this week, and she mentioned that in the scene where Anakin is torn between Mace and Palpatine, there is a shot where he's looking from one to the other that's almost identical to the shot in "Jedi" where Vader is looking between Luke and Palpatine.

Now I need to see it again, 'cause if that's true, that's a very cool touch by Lucas.

Yep, that's exactly what popped in my head when I saw that :y:

XL
05-30-2005, 02:24 PM
There's been a lot of talk about Leia and her parentage, I was just thinking...

it's been said by someone that Leia believes the Organa's to be her parents, has she not noticed that Bail is black or at least mixed race, and she is as pale as a ghost!??!

Just something that didn't sit right with me!

Shadow
05-30-2005, 02:42 PM
There's been a lot of talk about Leia and her parentage, I was just thinking...

it's been said by someone that Leia believes the Organa's to be her parents, has she not noticed that Bail is black or at least mixed race, and she is as pale as a ghost!??!

Just something that didn't sit right with me!

You're asking if the girl who kissed her brother noticed her "father" was not white? Are you daft?!

XL
05-30-2005, 03:41 PM
You're asking if the girl who kissed her brother noticed her "father" was not white?
Good point!
Are you daft?!
No!

AareDub
05-30-2005, 04:44 PM
I finally saw this today. Not really much to comment on as far as the quality of the movie, it's all been discussed already.

The comment I have lies in the fact that the entire meaning of the series is changed now. If you watch 4-6 it is the story of the evil empire being overthrown by an unlikely hero, etc. However, if you watch them from 1-6 it simply becomes the story of Darth Vader. If you were to someone new to the series watches them in this order it destroys the signicance of so much. The focus of the story isn't really on the jedi, the empire, the power struggle, or all that. It lies pretty much on Vader. Sure the other stuff is there, but you notice it so much more when you watch it out of order.

XL
05-30-2005, 05:05 PM
I've heard Lucas claim that the saga was ALWAYS about Vader! I say this is bullshit though! He always seems to come up with a reason (excuse) for everything that doesn't make sense!

I remember him claiming the Star Wars story was always a 6 part (at one point I'm sure he claimed 9 part!!!???) story, yet in the docs on the boxset he clearly states that he split his original story in 3 cos of pressure from studios not accepting his script!

SO, AareDub what order would you show the films in (if you were showing them to someone that hasn't seen any of them!)

AareDub
05-30-2005, 06:02 PM
Definitely 4-6, then 1-3.

If for no other reason, someone might not want to sit through 4 more movies if they had to watch 1 and 2 first.

YOUR Hero
05-30-2005, 08:36 PM
4,5,6,1,2,3 is the best way to watch this series. I agree.

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-30-2005, 09:15 PM
I don't think Organa is killed on Alderaan when it blows up, because when Leia gets back to the Rebel base she hugs her dad in a New Hope.

BlackRavyyn
05-30-2005, 09:19 PM
4,5,6,1,2,3 is the best way to watch this series. I agree.

I would have to agree too, since Hero and I are few of the posters who have seen these movies in theatres since the beginning and as much as the time line is out of whack (going from Vader 20 years in til death, then how he's made). It loses the shock value of some of the stuff in the latter triology if one watches them numerically.

Still, if Lucas ever made a 7-9 (and there are rumours) - I would go 4-6, 1-3 and if they ever exist 7-9....

MJD
05-31-2005, 10:42 AM
I don't think Organa is killed on Alderaan when it blows up, because when Leia gets back to the Rebel base she hugs her dad in a New Hope.

Nope. He's dead.

Loose Cannon
05-31-2005, 10:40 PM
yea 4,5,6, 1,2,3,

I mean if they (meaning young kids) see 1,2,3, first with all the sweet animation or whatever, they're gonna be like, what the fuck is this shit with 4,5,6,

Kids love the animation

Gouda
06-04-2005, 01:42 AM
I'd watch them 4, 5, *trippy flashback* 1, 2, 3 *back to the future*, 6.

Anyways, saw this movie today. It was ok. Some great action sequences. Though Yoda/Palpatine was better than Obi Wan/Anakin. Some lame action and dialogue.

And now, as is custom, instead of focusing on the positive, I shall point out negatives.

- I didn't like how Anakin turned to the dark side. At first it seemed like it was going to be good, with Palpatine trying to convince him that the Jedi were evil and trying to seek power. However, it quickly disintegrated into the one dimensional reason of "I want to save her!" and he forgot the rest.

- Also, he turned evil waaaaay to easily with absolutley no middle. It's like... he was good and then all of a sudden he's like "I shall be your evil apprentice now" and then he's suddenly evil incarnate, killing little kiddies with no remorse.

- Anakin needed to kill more people. I mean, he's supposed to kill all the jedi. But all he did was kill a bunch of kids. Offscreen. Everyone else was killed by clones (and Windu by the Emperor). WTF. I paid to see Anakin Skywalker, Jedi Slayer.

- What the hell was up with the Wookie planet? They totally messed it up. Where are the giant trees and deep forests? And did they forget the part where they do not go to the ground level due to it being dangerous? KOTOR Kahyyyk > ROTS Kashyyyk.

- I actually like the lightsaber duels in the original Star Wars trilogy better. Best duel still remains Luke/Vader in ROTJ.

Kane Knight
06-04-2005, 02:46 AM
I've heard Lucas claim that the saga was ALWAYS about Vader! I say this is bullshit though! He always seems to come up with a reason (excuse) for everything that doesn't make sense!

I remember him claiming the Star Wars story was always a 6 part (at one point I'm sure he claimed 9 part!!!???) story, yet in the docs on the boxset he clearly states that he split his original story in 3 cos of pressure from studios not accepting his script!

SO, AareDub what order would you show the films in (if you were showing them to someone that hasn't seen any of them!)
Lucas changes his story every couple of years.

Now he claims his movies parallel Vietnam.

Lucas has claimed he would not make the other episodes (1-3, 7-9), then he claimed he would make Episodes 1-3 and he had always intended to, but he wouldn't do 7-9... Speaking of always intended, ever noticed how each set of revisions to the plot is always how he "originally envisioned it?"

His earliest claims were that he wrote 3, and that they were each too long. This seems to be the tune most like what everyone else actually says. I think the first time I heard the comments that the movies were always about Vader was sometime in the 90s. Since earlier material on the movies clearly stated otherwise...

But hey, looking for holes in Lucas' stories is about as useful as finding water in the ocean...

El Santo
06-04-2005, 04:40 AM
Well, for what it's worth, here's what Rossman at therossman.com says about what Lucas had originally intended for Episodes I-III before his misguided paternal hubris kicked in:

One thing that I came across years ago on the young internet (back when the Red-5 website was the place to find out what was being changed in the original trilogy for their "special edition" releases) was a short synopsis of what Lucas had originally planned for the rest of his 9 part Star Wars storyline that he wrote down shortly after Empire was made. According to this plan, Episode I was supposed to focus ONLY on Obi-Wan Kenobi and his perspective of the Galactic Republic and the Jedi Order as the Clone Wars erupt (or something like that. Remember, I read this ages ago, but that was the general idea). No Anakin, no JarJar. It was supposed to be a view of the Jedi Order in their prime so that we could see all that was lost thanks to the Emperor and Vader later on.

Episode II was supposed to be about Obi-Wan befriending Anakin and the beginnings of the rise of Palpatine. The Clone Wars would be the focus of this film and the fighting would end when the movie did. We were also to have met Anakin's love (and Luke and Leia's mother) in Episode II. Episode III was the fall of Anakin to the Dark Side, the creation of the Empire, the hiding of Luke and Leia, and the destruction of the Jedi. So far, Lucas kept the plot of this one the most intact.

But yeah, Lucas is full of it.

His constant pimping of the story being a mythological Joseph Campbellian tale is extremely pompous. Imagine if Bryant Singer had put out a documentary on how Superman is really the modern heir of the Gilgamesh legend. Technically he'd be right, but your ego would have to be pretty large if you think your the God-ordained spokesperson.

road doggy dogg
06-04-2005, 05:16 AM
His constant pimping of the story being a mythological Joseph Campbellian tale is extremely pompous.

I think that is the gayest Star Wars-related sentence I have ever seen in my life. "pompous". wth

Ol Dirty Dastard
06-04-2005, 12:07 PM
I'd watch them 4, 5, *trippy flashback* 1, 2, 3 *back to the future*, 6.

Anyways, saw this movie today. It was ok. Some great action sequences. Though Yoda/Palpatine was better than Obi Wan/Anakin. Some lame action and dialogue.

And now, as is custom, instead of focusing on the positive, I shall point out negatives.

- I didn't like how Anakin turned to the dark side. At first it seemed like it was going to be good, with Palpatine trying to convince him that the Jedi were evil and trying to seek power. However, it quickly disintegrated into the one dimensional reason of "I want to save her!" and he forgot the rest.

- Also, he turned evil waaaaay to easily with absolutley no middle. It's like... he was good and then all of a sudden he's like "I shall be your evil apprentice now" and then he's suddenly evil incarnate, killing little kiddies with no remorse.

- Anakin needed to kill more people. I mean, he's supposed to kill all the jedi. But all he did was kill a bunch of kids. Offscreen. Everyone else was killed by clones (and Windu by the Emperor). WTF. I paid to see Anakin Skywalker, Jedi Slayer.

- What the hell was up with the Wookie planet? They totally messed it up. Where are the giant trees and deep forests? And did they forget the part where they do not go to the ground level due to it being dangerous? KOTOR Kahyyyk > ROTS Kashyyyk.

- I actually like the lightsaber duels in the original Star Wars trilogy better. Best duel still remains Luke/Vader in ROTJ.

Wow, settle down man.

El Santo
06-04-2005, 12:37 PM
I think that is the gayest Star Wars-related sentence I have ever seen in my life. "pompous". wth

You'll have to forgive me for that. It was, like, two in the morning and I was in the middle of writing my term paper.

Um... how about ... "Lucas is teh suk." ;)

Kane Knight
06-04-2005, 01:08 PM
Well, for what it's worth, here's what Rossman at therossman.com says about what Lucas had originally intended for Episodes I-III before his misguided paternal hubris kicked in:
Disclaimer: The following is in the interest of fairness:

Much like trying to fit ANH, Empire, and Jedi into one screenplay, this intent seems great but implausible. While I have limited "screenplay" experience, this would end up being either split up or more rushed than the trilogy he ended up making.

I say this because the events of RotS should have fit into two movies, but the second one was dragged out so horribly that there was no chance of that. Lucas has the same flaw many people who become demigods in our society posess: Lack of editorial process. People just fellate him for everything he does now. He's rich enough that he doesn't need to take advice. He's "brilliant" enough to get away with it.

The original series benefitted from a lot of criticism. The "prequels" did not.

Kane Knight
06-04-2005, 01:08 PM
You'll have to forgive me for that. It was, like, two in the morning and I was in the middle of writing my term paper.

Um... how about ... "Lucas is teh suk." ;)
Too many big words still.

Kane Knight
06-04-2005, 01:12 PM
His constant pimping of the story being a mythological Joseph Campbellian tale is extremely pompous.
Especially when his original story is so horribly derivative of Kurosawa's "Hidden Fortress," which is also where he supposedly drew inspiration (Before he became a larger than life figure....)

Gouda
06-06-2005, 11:37 AM
So I was watching Spiderman 2 yesterday. And after the hospital scene with Doctor Octopus going all insaneand turning into a "monster" he's all like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

RoXer
06-06-2005, 01:01 PM

hahaha