PDA

View Full Version : JBL's promo (SD! Spoiler)

Nark Order
05-19-2005, 11:26 PM
That segment they had with JBL in the city was absolutely gold. Also, the match with Scotty was a big heat builder. I honestly think that he's the best we've got in the WWE right now as far as promos go.

He's been gold for a long time. What'd you think of the promo. Also, post your favorite JBL moments.

Nark Order
05-19-2005, 11:27 PM
My favorite JBL moment was when he played the role of 'border patrol' and kicked the mexicans out of California, hands down. I laughed for about 3 days.

RGWhat316
05-19-2005, 11:43 PM
JBL is gold. One of my favorites was before Armageddon. He didn't know how to explain to Booker, Eddie, and Taker. Something like in hip hop, in spanish, in monster. That was a lol moment.

Gouda
05-20-2005, 12:12 AM
Yeah I was worried he'd lessen in goodness (I have good grammer) after losing the title but it seems to me that he's just got even better. The whole build up to his match has been gold. Well, atleast on the JBL side.

Favourite moments? I still have fond memories of the Biohazard suit from Iraq.

Gone Mad
05-20-2005, 01:18 AM
All I will say is that the Big Show likes pizzas. **knocks over a inflatable dinosaur.**

Loose Cannon
05-20-2005, 01:20 AM
His gimmick s starting to wear on me. I can only hear someone diss thugs, rappers and immagrants so many times

Kane Knight
05-20-2005, 01:29 AM
His gimmick s starting to wear on me. I can only hear someone diss thugs, rappers and immagrants so many times
I dunno. I feel his attitude towards Cena has evolved enough to keep it semi-new

PullMyFinger
05-20-2005, 01:56 AM
My favorite JBL moment was when he played the role of 'border patrol' and kicked the mexicans out of California, hands down. I laughed for about 3 days.
I agree. That was ace!

darkpower
05-20-2005, 02:00 AM
The dinosaur thing, I agree, was the shining moment. If you can be able to make fun of yourself, then you've got it made, and he did that.

jerichoholic169
05-20-2005, 04:47 AM
the inflatable dinosaur promo in japan was gold after amy weber had shot him with the tranquiliser dart and he was standing in the ring with his trousers round his ankles. then big show's music hit and his face was fantastic...JBL and eddie are the only reason i watch smackdown now.

6to1
05-20-2005, 11:27 AM
yea jbl is hell on the mic too bad he was stuck with that dumb apa angle for so many years faruq retiring was the best thing to hapen to jbl.

Corkscrewed
05-20-2005, 03:52 PM
I dunno if it was intentional (especially since I think he's a pretty enthusiastic Republican), but I love the jab to Bush with the whole blatant "America's morals" spiel and stuff like that. So damn moralistic and shit like how the president often seems to do (not turning this into a political debate, but everyone's heard of how Bush is teased as a Bible thumper and old fashioned morals etc...).

So that was good stuff.

Really, if Bradshaw didn't have all that real life stigma, I'd really enjoy him. As it is, I love his character, but that's distinguished from the actual person.

The CyNick
05-20-2005, 08:00 PM
JBL still rules.

His promos are really good, and he's good at changing his promos from being comedy (dissing Cena) to serious where he tries to sell a match.

Its bad when I would think it would be a crime if he doesn't get back the WWE title at some point.

Batsu
05-21-2005, 09:49 PM
After the latest SmackDown, I feel that if JBL never had to wrestle, he'd be the best thing in WWE heel-wise right now. Heck, he just might be that way, anyway. Like LC said, JBL does really seem like a jab at Bush...even though it seems that WWE would do more to placate Bush than to make fun of him. It's just the whole "he sucks at doing his job, but he pisses a lot of people" off thing lingers over his head. It would be nice if we didn't know that JBL has some of those tendencies out of the ring, just that they are exaggerated on TV -- but eff it, he really cracks me up and he's a perfect foil for most of the faces on SmackDown, especially Cena.

It makes me wonder who's going to go after Cena next, because no one seems to work with him as well. He may just be the HHH to Cena's Rock.

Innovator
05-21-2005, 09:54 PM
After the latest SmackDown, I feel that if JBL never had to wrestle, he'd be the best thing in WWE heel-wise right now.
Eddie Guerrero

The CyNick
Angle or Eddie are the only guys who make sense.

Angle got the big win at Mania, so I think he'll be next in line for Cena.

I think Eddie may wind up on RAW, but if he doesn't, he's be the likely opponent for Cena after Angle, probably after the summer into the Fall.

Then I figure Christian will be on SD, and will have been built up, so he'll go with Cena.

Finally leading up to Orton for Mania.

James Steele
After the latest SmackDown, I feel that if JBL never had to wrestle, he'd be the best thing in WWE heel-wise right now. Heck, he just might be that way, anyway. Like LC said, JBL does really seem like a jab at Bush...even though it seems that WWE would do more to placate Bush than to make fun of him. It's just the whole "he sucks at doing his job, but he pisses a lot of people" off thing lingers over his head. It would be nice if we didn't know that JBL has some of those tendencies out of the ring, just that they are exaggerated on TV -- but eff it, he really cracks me up and he's a perfect foil for most of the faces on SmackDown, especially Cena.

It makes me wonder who's going to go after Cena next, because no one seems to work with him as well. He may just be the HHH to Cena's Rock.
http://tpww.net/forums/images/smilies/thumbup.gif