PDA

View Full Version : Should WWE Bring In More Useful Managers?

James Steele
05-22-2005, 07:33 AM
In professional wrestling ,especially WWE, you have to be able to talk on the mic and have a charisma to really get anywhere (barring the rare exceptions like Batista,Goldberg,etc.)

So, should the WWE start hiring more useful managers to help the midcard guys who can't really work the mic all that well?

HankScorpio
05-22-2005, 08:39 AM
And use the much needed Diva Search Money??? No-way!

Nark Order
05-22-2005, 11:00 AM
Of course they SHOULD but they won't.

It's amazing what a manager can do for a guy. Look at Hassan. Of course Hassan is one of the best newcomers we've had in awhile but where would the gimmick be if Davairi hadn't been there?

Loose Cannon
05-22-2005, 11:06 AM
Yea definately. Maganing is like a lost art today and it is needed today more then ever with all these big hosses, who can't talk for shit. I was watching WM 1 last night and there were managers everywhere. Johnny Valient cut a tremendous promo for Beefcake. That promo got Beefcake over in a second.

Nark Order
05-22-2005, 11:10 AM
I always thought that The Coach would make an awesome manager.

Chavo Classic
05-22-2005, 11:28 AM
I love the idea of more managers. But not just eye candy, that kinda steals heat/attention from the guy.

A manager should be able to talk for a guy when they can't. I could imagine Edge getting really really far if he had someone to talk on the mic for him, because lets face it, he cant cut heel promos (the gurning teeth and shaking red face doesnt do it anymore). It's a shame he's going to be burdened with Lita who's as talented on the mic as Bob Holly on Ketamine.

LK
05-22-2005, 02:43 PM
I think Daivari has proved how effective having a real decent manager can be.

Nark Order
05-22-2005, 02:48 PM
Yeah, and he doesn't even speak english half the time.

Team Sheep
05-22-2005, 03:10 PM
I always thought that The Coach would make an awesome manager.

He kind of was for a while with Garrison Cade if I remember correctly. When/if Cade returns soon, perhaps he could continue with that.

Gouda
05-22-2005, 03:23 PM
Bring back Slick.

Lamuella
05-22-2005, 03:25 PM
they should definitely be more prominent.

Valets are useless and don't get you over. Managers increase YOUR heat rather than their own.

Pete13
05-23-2005, 07:54 PM
God i wish The WWE would go back to be managed by the McMahons!!
It's over for vince, i guess it's past his time now to go back as a Manager, but you got 2 shows, you got 2 kids!
If you wanna pull of something that would turn this bussiness upside down, you start with the Managers! it's about time Shane continued in his father's footsteps, it's time for the McMahons to mess around with their own rules!! didn't u just love it when Vince was around making everybody's lives miserable? :naughty:

Face Heely
05-23-2005, 08:14 PM
What I really miss are managers who were on-screen personalities in their own right. Folks like Paul Heyman, or Bobby freakin' Heenan, who could move from wrestler to wrestler, without getting tied to (and typecast with) any particular character. For instance: I recall reading somebody (probably Percy Pringle, as his lack of involvement with storylines allowed him to be more candid in interviews about his character) noting that the Kane and Bearer characters were there simply to develop the Undertaker character. Somebody like Heyman, meanwhile, is a fluid enough character that he can slide from wrestler to wrestler, building enough of his own notoriety that his particular presence will add a bit more shine to his managee than a freshly-introduced manager would.