PDA

View Full Version : Just an idea I had for Christian.

Primetime
05-30-2005, 12:02 PM
First off, let me do the intro thing. Ive been a board reader for a loooong time, but have never posted. Ive been entertained just reading here, but i thought i might see how i like posting.

Ok my Christian idea. Last weeks raw kinda sparked it for me when he was "helping" edge in the main event. While Xtian was at ring side, he kept giving Edges brief case a wierd look almost like he was going to just run off with it, so i thought why not have him just run off with it? Have Xtian get buddy-buddy with edge the next week and then the following week have him steal it.

Edge will then go to the GM and complain, but the key will be is that edge never signed the contract so its not "offically his" so they sign a ladder match for next weeks raw (2nd week of draft). The match takes place, and edge is about to get the case and suddenly BOOM! fire goes off, here comes kane for revenge finally which has Xtian win.

Next week on Raw (3rd week of draft) Xtian is gloating, then at the end of Raw, hes drafted to SD. On SD that week, he is trying to get his title shot, but its for the world title, not WWE title, and GM Long wont budge. So Xtain starts at the bottom and works his way up.

By Summer Slam Cena is still champ, and Xtian has his shot and wins by hook or by crook, how he wins wont matter. Xtain stays as a cowardly champ till Suvivor Series and we'll say he does not have a title defense and whom ever is in the World champ match (lets say Batista vs Edge) is about to start when all the sudden "When you close your eyes" plays and Xtian uses his "money in the bank" title shot and wins ligit and has both belts.

This is where i get wrapped up, I dont want to Unifiy the titles, nor do i want anyone else to have both titles either. This story is just to push Xtian and shake the title scene up till WM22.

I was thinking have him go into WM22 with both belts and have a RAW and SD #1 contender vs Xtain in a Triple Threat match, where the winner would get to choose one title to keep and the other one would become vacant and Xtain would fight for it back.

So any ideas how to end this story would be greatly apprecitated.

Savio
05-30-2005, 12:06 PM
I don't think christian will ever get both titles. How ever it did look like he'd run away with it though.

Primetime
05-30-2005, 12:09 PM
Yea by no means do i feel this would ever happen, but I think its an idea that could work if done right. But yea theres not a snow balls chance in hell that he'd be booked to have both titles.

The One
05-30-2005, 12:40 PM
The problem with the story is Post WM22, one of the titles AGAIN looks weaker. I think WWE's main focus right now needs to be to have the WWE and World Title appear as equals.

Innovator
05-30-2005, 12:42 PM
You see people, THIS is how you start out on the forum

Primetime
05-30-2005, 01:00 PM
I agree with what you said One, thats where i got caught up. I think the story is strong, but i cant think of a way to get end it w/o making one title look weak. I guess im just looking for an idea for closure, ya know, to end it the right way.

The One
05-30-2005, 01:22 PM
You could do sort of like a Benoit/Jericho/Angle WrestleMania 2000 idea. Two Fall Triple Threat, and then even have RAW's #1 Contendor win the WWE Title, and SmackDown's #1 Contendor win the World Title...Christian is empty handed and would have to stay on SmackDown because he was drafted there.

But then it could also add some interest and make for a interesting storyline as the new World and WWE Champs don't know what show they belong to seeing as how they are under contract for one but hold the other one's richest title.

Thoughts? Concerns? General Questions? Jokes maybe? (And by the by Primetime = n00b Champ!)

Gouda
05-30-2005, 01:30 PM
I'll say this: I WAS waiting for Christian to just nab the briefcase and run and leave Edge with his wide eyed angry face look.

M. Banana
05-30-2005, 01:31 PM
"Just Close Your Eyes" - Waterproof Blonde

:shifty:

M. Banana
Absolutely brilliant idea, by the way.

The One
Is that his new song? I never know who the hell performs anybody's music.

M. Banana
05-30-2005, 01:33 PM
Yeah. There was a topic by Thrilla a while back talking about it or something.

It's on my XBox. :y:

Nark Order
05-30-2005, 01:35 PM
:yes:

M. Banana
I think I know who does almost everyone's music..

RVD, Triple H, Randy Orton, Edge, Jericho, Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles, Kane... etc..

There was also a topic about that...

M. Banana
That's how I started. [/lie]

Nark Order
05-30-2005, 01:45 PM
James A Johnston.

I believe...

Primetime
05-30-2005, 01:51 PM
I aprecieate the comments so far and im glad i got some people thinking about how something like this could pan out. I did think about doing the Euro-contental triple threat direction with angle, Y2J and Benoit. The only problem i can see is Xtian losing heat from losing both titles like that, and for that matter, the two victories would be overshadowed by each other......hmmm...Unless the finish ends up like the Austin, Kane, Taker finish at a ppv i cant remember and end the show with the confusion of who gets what belt and whos on which show....yea that might work.

Primetime
05-30-2005, 01:52 PM
Oh and thanks for the correction for the theme name, i cant believe i got that wrong since i dig themes so much.

Kane Knight
05-30-2005, 03:28 PM
D'accord.

Lamuella
05-30-2005, 03:40 PM
here's how you could do the double title defense:

Have Christian defend both titles in the same ring at the same time

have a Smackdown #1 contender who is specifically the contender to the WWE title, and a RAW #1 contender who is specifically #1 contender to the RAW title.

If Christian pins the RAW contender he retains the World title. If the RAW contender pins him he wins the world title.

If Christian pins the SD contender he retains the WWE title. If the SD contender pins him he wins the WWE title.

After one person has been pinned, the match continues after a 60 second break as a singles match for the other title.

however (and this is the interesting part) if the SD guy pins the RAW guy he gets the WWE title but Christian keeps the world title, as in both matches end because one challenger has successfully pinned someone, but the other has been pinned.

and vice versa.

interesting match setup or too confusing?

The One
05-30-2005, 03:44 PM
I little confusing, but I definatly think it could work well.

James Steele
05-30-2005, 04:00 PM
I apologize but I just creamed myself have the image of Xtian with both titles ala Jericho.

Mr. Nerfect
05-30-2005, 07:31 PM
Lamuella has a great idea there. Using that you could even have the match as a one-fall match. If the SmackDown! Contender wins, he is WWE Champion, and Christian retains the World Heavyweight Title. If the RAW guys wins, he becomes World Heavyweight Champion and Christian retains the WWE Title. If Christian wins he reains both titles.

I can easily see a screwjob ending coming out of this, and the challengers both pin Christian at the same time, taking the titles for themself, so that's why the two-fall idea would probably be better.

While we're here, I had an idea for Christian as well. When I saw Primetime's thread title, I immediately thought I'd post this here. I just hope my idea's as good.

Anyway, the WWE pays some of its talent by performance, right? Like jobbers, some divas, etc.? I'd assume that's how it works. Anyway, I was just thinking it would be a nice way to try out talent by having them debut on TV as the Christian Coalition. Every time Christian makes his entrance, about six jobbers (or developemental talent) come out in Captain Charisma themed robes. Then out comes Christian in the golden shower with Tyson Tomko.

This would serve several purposes, IMO. First, it gives Christian a limitless supply of cheap heel lackeys. If Christian is having trouble with someone, he just orders his Coalition to attack. They can then be turned aside by the face, making the face look stronger. This can also be good for Tyson Tomko, who's entrance alongside Christian would make him look "special". When six smaller guys get tossed around by a face, then Tyson Tomko comes in and its the face down with a single big boot, it makes him look pretty strong.

The World Tag Team and IC Divisions could blossom from this as well. The Hurricane & Rosey need challengers? Just throw in two members of the Coalition to face them. If Shelton Benjamin is out of fresh challengers, here comes Coaliton Member #4 to face him. Guys like Tajiri ca get boosts from this as well. Just have Tajiri beat a Coalition member, and he's got a win under his belt.

This would make a great way to bring in newer talent. Instead of starting off with a re-hashed gimmick, or one not guarenteed to work, you can have talent like Chris Masters show up for a week or two, as members of Christian's Coalition. If management has second thoughts about the talent's use, Christian can deem that talent as "unworthy" and Tyson Tomko squashes them, giving some strength to Tomko's charatcer.

But yeah, back on topic, I doubt we will see Christian getting the title shot, because I think the idea behind Edge's giving the title shot away was that he can do whatever he wants with the title shot, not that it is compltely open. If Edge doesn't hand it over, I don't think it could change hands. I twould make a nice story, though, and I definately think they should do it.

tucsonspeed6
05-31-2005, 11:30 AM
A lot of great thoughts in here, so bear with me. I'll be jumping around a lot.

First, welcome Primetime. I started the exact same way you did. You'll go far if you stick around.

I've been thinking a lot about the breifcase deal, and I think that it'd be great to have a wrestler (not necessarily Edge) fight for both titles eventually. It could happen either through the draft lottery, or it could wait until after the Royal Rumble (when the holder of the breifcase also wins the rumble, thus getting an opportunity to win both titles.)

As for defending the titles, Lamuella's idea is just gimmicky enough that it'd be huge, but it's so gimmicky that it'd only work for one PPV. The champ would have to defend his titles in two seperate matches for the rest of his reign. The interesting part would be if they put him in two gimmicky matches one right after the other. "You just won the ladder match. Now get ready for the HELL IN A CELL!"

Another idea would be something similar to a War Games match, where some smackdown wrestlers are in one ring, and some Raw wrestlers are in another, and the champ has to fight two Fatal Four Ways at the same time. I think it'd be awesome to have the champ laying waste to his opponent, but he sees that a smackdown guy is about to tap out to a submission, so he drops his opponent, runs over to the other ring, and stops the submission just in time. Meanwhile one of the Raw guys sees an opportunity to pin the guy the champ was just laying waste to, so the champ has to run back and stop the pin. It'd take a champ that was very active like Benoit, Guerrero, etc but I think such a match could get great buy rates.

As for christian himself, I don't think he's over enough right now to get both titles. It'd bring the titles down if he did in the near future. On the other hand, if he DID have a stable like Alienoid was saying (but not necessarily jobbers) they could pull it off.

Oh, and I don't expect a x-tian push soon. They could have let him win a match against a jobber cleanly in his home town, but they instead just gave him a quick promo. I think that means that he won't be winning many matches in the near future. (they wouldn't want him getting over or anything...)

Mayo
05-31-2005, 12:26 PM
Great ideas Primetime, and although Christian is greatness, I highly doubt Vince would re-unify the titles EVER again, or even have anything resembling an interaction between the two titles. Christian will hopefully be WWE champion within a few months however :y:

Chavo Classic
05-31-2005, 12:39 PM
... I highly doubt Vince would re-unify the titles EVER again, or even have anything resembling an interaction between the two titles...

Yep, he's spent so long trying to portray Smackdown and Raw as separate entities that it would be perhaps a little rash to devolve the gap in a storyline featuring only one individual.

The One
05-31-2005, 12:55 PM
I REALLY liked the idea of having Christian have a Coalition, kind of like Team Angle. I would personally have Harry Smith and Teddy Hart (both of whom have worked dark matches for WWE recently) do it. The only problem, is that Tomko would loose his gimmick if they brought in Teddy and Harry, since Harry is just as big as Tomko. But oh well. Maybe Tomko stays on RAW to be someone else's Problem Solver. Then on SmackDown, have Christian, Hart, and Smith by The Christian Coalition...god that just seems awesome to me.

Chavo Classic
05-31-2005, 01:13 PM
I REALLY liked the idea of having Christian have a Coalition, kind of like Team Angle. I would personally have Harry Smith and Teddy Hart (both of whom have worked dark matches for WWE recently) do it. The only problem, is that Tomko would loose his gimmick if they brought in Teddy and Harry, since Harry is just as big as Tomko. But oh well. Maybe Tomko stays on RAW to be someone else's Problem Solver. Then on SmackDown, have Christian, Hart, and Smith by The Christian Coalition...god that just seems awesome to me.

I can see Tomko going the same way as Luther when the time comes for him and Christian to split.

The One
05-31-2005, 01:18 PM
I don't know...Tomko has a certain intangible that Luther just didn't. I think they need to keep Tomko attached to someone for a bit longer, or maybe start a Tag Team with him when Christian heads of to old blue. I have a good feeling about Tomko that you will see the IC Title around his waist at SOME point. Call me crazy, but I do.

The Highlander
05-31-2005, 11:24 PM
Christian is a top star who deserves to be champion.

However, he's neither huge nor Triple H, so forget it.

The One
05-31-2005, 11:26 PM
Ah but sir Highlander, should he head over to SmackDown (which he will) Triple H no longer shall fear him...nor will he simply "sit-in" the meetings which they discuss what is happening on the show which will feature or high a mighty lord Christian!

The Highlander
05-31-2005, 11:42 PM
Tell that to such former WWE Champions as Booker T and Rob Van Dam. Oh, wait, they're too busy being held down.

The One
05-31-2005, 11:45 PM
And yet we have John Cena holding the WWE title...a man who is only 33 lbs and 1 inch taller then Christian...

Booker T isn't over enough to be champ right now, he lost that momentum when he was on RAW, and RVD lost the momentum once he stopped giving a shit about wrestling.

Mr. Nerfect
06-01-2005, 12:07 AM
I agree with The One, Tomko will be a Champion at some point. He's actually quite entertaining when you watch him.

The only negative I can see coming from Christian getting drafted to SmackDown!, is what do Carlito and Matt Morgan do? Call me crazy, but Christian and Carlito are very similiar characters right now, IMO. If Tyson Tomko went over to SD! With Christian, it would probably steal some of Carlito and Morgan's thunder.

Christian is awesome, though, so anything that gets him a World Title is fine by me.

Primetime
06-01-2005, 12:08 AM
I''m really diggin the feedback so far, its always fun to get peoples gears turning. As for the Christian Coalition, I love it. But i think, mainly because of how each show is booked, it would work best on SD. Like mentioned above, the CC would have some "smaller" guys in it, so the first thing that comes to mind is curisers and tag teams on SD, so for the benifit of the CC wrestlers, SD would present better opportunites for them. Its funny, when i read the description i instantly tought of team angle, but i think it would be much more entertaining. (not saying the team angle wasn't).

Oh and there seems to be a little confusion to christian holding both titles (although some have gotten the idea) the plan is NOT to unify the titles, just to make things change for a bit, and get a double dose of charisma a week.

hb2k
06-01-2005, 07:52 AM
I don't like the idea of one guy holding both titles until the time is right to unify the brands. To me, I'd much rather have Christian go to SD and instantly start a feud with Cena, rather than work his way up, which will kill the momentum that he has and would initially build up in your storyline. If he has to start from the bottom, it'll be like when Eddie Guerrero got hot in summer 2003, WWE did nothing to push him, and then they gave him the belt six months too late.

Primetime
06-01-2005, 08:01 PM
When i say start at the bottom, i really dont mean not going after Cena at all, Xtian would still be complaining to GM Long all the time about his shot. This as well as cutting promos till he finally convinces Long to give him a #1 contender "something" (as much as i love tourneys, theres been way too many lately, maybe like a triple threat or fatal four way for the shot.) So really he would not be a the bottom of the card, but he would not jump into a title feud as soon as he's drafted. But good point about using him while hes hot.

Favre4Ever
06-02-2005, 01:25 AM
I just got an idea for Christian.

Stop Existing.