PDA

View Full Version : Tazz

Maluco
05-30-2005, 07:08 PM
SmackDown commentator Tazz was interviewed by the Edmonton Sun today, previewing this week's Smackdown taping. He mentioned that he would be in action at the ECW One Night Stand PPV, quoting, "I hope the people like what I do. I'm a little concerned because I'm not sure if I can just turn on what I was and what I was able to do before. I'm going to hang my ties up and give the people the best of the old-school Tazz and I think it will work." He also said that he doesn't miss being in the ring, saying wrestling "is a young man's sport."

Credit to www.nodq.com

Any thoughts on this?

Personally I thought Tazz was immense but how can he just turn on what he was, perhaps if hegets involved with someone like Angle who can carry him.

For me though, the great thing about Tazz was that I can still remember him as Taz, managed to block out how horribly he was used when he came over. Personally, I really don't want someone like Angle (who does not need the rub of beating a commentator (does anyone???)) stamping out the last reminence of what i remember him as...

...anyone any arguments either way or thoughts?

Marcyo
05-30-2005, 07:17 PM
I can't wait to see the whole PPV, and Taz (not Tazz) is really a part of why I do. I want to see him in action so badly. This is gonna rock.

Mr. JL
05-30-2005, 07:23 PM
It would be pretty siiick to see Taz back in the ring. Didn't think he'd come out of retirement... even for an ECW reunion show. I'd have the WWE mid-card guys and Kurt Angle take out a few lower-card/less known ECW guys. Insert Taz to come out and clean house by being the human suplex machine again to face Angle wuld be pretty craZZZy.

mike627
05-30-2005, 07:26 PM
I hope before the show is over he puts Angle in the Tazzmission.

SuperSlim
05-30-2005, 07:32 PM
that'd be really really nice

Mr. Nerfect
05-30-2005, 07:42 PM
I hope we see Tazz choking out Kurt Angle as build-up to the show.

Maybe this week, have Kurt Angle demand everyone be banned from ringside, since Booker T will just run-in, or force someone else to on Sharmell's behalf. Teddy Long agrees since he promised the winner of last week's Battle Royal would get a solid match out of the person of their choice. Long says anyone that walks out after that bell has rung other than Sharmell, will be suspended for six months without pay, and will be fined $1,000 to go to Kurt Angle.

During the match Tazz comes in the ring, locks in the Tazzmission, and makes Angle tap-out like a madman. Angle is choked out, Sharmell pins, 1-2-3. Just for the Hell of it, Tazz then chokes out Sharmell, Michael Cole, Tony Chimmel, Nick Patrick and the Timekeeper and Booker T when he runs out to help Sharmell. The show ends with Tazz standing in the ring, soaking up the audience's reaction.

The next week Angle pretends he never said anything about going to One Night Stand, obviously because he wants nothing more to do with Tazz.

Gerard
05-30-2005, 07:57 PM
Is there any truth to something i read ages ago that angle was the cause of tazz not being able to use most of his suplex variations? Seem to remember a few years ago after a match with tazz angle was complaining about the way he landed from some of them, next thing you know tazz isn't using many variations.

Innovator
05-30-2005, 08:15 PM
Remember, Tazz choked out Angle in his debut match...lets see if creative forgets that

PureHatred
05-30-2005, 09:31 PM
It would be really great to see the FTW Taz back in the ring even for one night. Of course, if he does end up choking out Angle, he'd probably have to tap out clean on the next SD just for storyline sake, but since its Angle I don't really mind.

Also, as to the suplex comment, I don' recall reading that it was Angle specifically complaining, but I did read that shortly after he debuted some members of the roster and a few of the bookers were concerned with the safety of his suplexes.

John la Rock
05-30-2005, 09:33 PM
Angle vs Taz II

BOUT TIME

Shadow
05-30-2005, 10:45 PM
So Angle can just chuck people on their necks (to a lesser extent Beniot) but Tazz can't do any of the nice looking suplex variations that are out there?

Weeeeeeak.

Gone Mad
05-30-2005, 11:27 PM
I said I was there for the PPV, but if Taz is there.. in action... it will be official. Angle v. Taz would be awesome to see one more time.

Gerard
05-30-2005, 11:41 PM
I remember when wwe banned the belly to belly suplex lesnar and angle used all the time. Seems to be back in use now. With some luck the tazz at the ecw show will be more like the ecw TAZ and not the watered down wwe version.

Kane Knight
05-31-2005, 08:12 AM
Remember, Tazz choked out Angle in his debut match...lets see if creative forgets that
There's any doubt?

Mr. JL
05-31-2005, 09:38 AM
Something new I just learned..... maybe you all know this, but I never knew this so if its old news (although it happened 9 years ago so I know its OLD news but you know what I mean) then I'll feel stupid and i'm sorry.

Just bittorrented an episode of ECW Hardcore TV and Kurt Angle was in ECW. He made an appearence after he won his Olympic Gold Medal in 1996. He commentated a match between Taz and Little Guido. It was funny because he never even knew anything about the rope break and kept asking why Taz didn't go in for the kill and finish him off when Taz was mocking Sabu. Then said he'd like ten minutes with Taz in the ring because he thinks he could handle him.

SO, the oppertunity for the WWE to build something up is very real. They have ECW footage, the motive (this segment, as well as the one blemish on Kurt's record when Tazz made him pass out or submit at the Rumble in 2000) and it would be a perfect way to bring Taz into and back to the ring.

XL
05-31-2005, 10:59 AM
Think it is pretty common knowledge about Angle being in ECW!

It's even on the Rise and Fall DVD. He left after the crusifiction angle!

But, yeah it would rock IF they used all of the back story to build this. I mean a match would be awesome but a confrontation at the very least would be great! Looking forward to it!

Only it's on the 12th and that's the day I go home from uni, so I won't be able to watch it! Have to wait for DVD! :(

Chavo Classic
05-31-2005, 01:19 PM
...Only it's on the 12th and that's the day I go home from uni, so I won't be able to watch it! Have to wait for DVD! :(

Bloody tax dodgers! Find a way to watch it live or you'll regret it boy!

The One
05-31-2005, 01:32 PM
Is anyone bothered by the fact that Angle involvment in ECW was minimun at best. I mean, he had one apperance, I don't see a whole lot of you rushing to get Lawler involved in the show and he has HUGE history with ECW.

Bottom line for me is, I don't want to see some bullshit RAW invasion, and I am sorry but this is one PPV that I don't want to see Angle on.

weather vane
05-31-2005, 04:29 PM
Taz vs Sabu!!!

Fignuts
05-31-2005, 07:50 PM
Isn't taz horribly out of shape? I hope it's not as bad as when Flair returned to the ring at the rumble a few years ago.