PDA

View Full Version : The perfect gift for that Yankee fan in your life...

DaveWadding
06-01-2005, 02:27 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1469&item=5584318474&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

YOUR Hero
06-01-2005, 09:45 AM
I bet he would have followed Jeter into the bathroom to get some feces covered toilet paper if he could have. Then he'd sell it on eBay to some Yankee fanatic for 2Gs

The Outlaw
06-01-2005, 04:38 PM
LOL pathetic

Nervous Ferret
06-01-2005, 04:41 PM
First off let me say this is no joke, the item up for you to bid on is this 100% Derek Jeter dinner fork used and not touched or washed since he put it down into his plate.

I have been having fun here the last few months as a lot of us have with the crazy auctions and have had some good ones and some that flopped. A friend of mine a couple of weeks ago was over and we were looking at the odd things I had placed on here for auction. He pointed out to me one of my prized possessions and said "That would probably be a big hit and huge success," I said no way!!!! It was my Derek Jeter used dinner fork. I love this fork as I love the Yankees and especially Derek Jeter. He also pointed out to me that Luis Gonzalez piece of gum a few years ago was very popular and sold for 10k, I still was not interested.. Him pointing this out to me had me trying to e-mail Derek's fan club and himself asking for weird items that he could send me so I could try and sell on here instead of one of my favorite personal items that I have had for a few years now, of course there was no response understandably, especially when you ask him for a pair of game used socks autographed and not cleaned, LOL.

Well, I'm giving in!!!

Here is what you are bidding on.

In August of 2003 I met up with some family members in Baltimore for a Yankees/Orioles game at Camden Yards.
The next day after the game we went to a highly recommended Italian restaurant with six of us.
To our complete shock and awe sitting a few tables away was superstars Derek Jeter and Jorge Posada of the Yankees eating.
As some of us did we waited till they finished their meals to try and get photos, but if you know the two of them they were most interested in taking photos with kids and giving autographs to them, so we got my younger cousins and huge fans to take pictures with them, we were all speechless and scared as we didn't even really say much of anything at all to them except thank you and we are all native New Yorkers and huge Yankee fans.

I told the waitress I would add 20 extra dollars to her tip if she swiped Derek Jeters fork or glass before the busboy cleaned the table off.
She seemed hesitant as I begged and told her how much it would mean to me as a huge fan. Well, she did it and wrapped it in a napkin and sat it next to me on the table, I told her if she felt she had to alert the manager what she is doing to tell him I'll pay him extra money for the fork. She just looked at me and shook her head, smiled and said don't worry about it.

The restaurant was in Little Italy Baltimore and this was August of 2003

I have kept the fork with the napkin and always touch it with another napkin for keep sake, I showed it off a lot of course that first year and never shut up about it. I keep it in a sealed sandwich bag with the napkin. I do take it out of bag a lot but always touch with another napkin or paper towel as I treasure it. I have also brought it along with me to Yankee games in NY last year and showed it off to fans sitting around me or anyone I struck up conversation with.

The pictures here below are of the dirty used fork and the pictures of my 3 cousins having me take a picture of them with Derek and Jorge.

any questions feel free to ask..

I do know the name of restaurant but do not wish to post it in the listing for reasons unmentioned but will talk via e-mail on it.

OK, this is for Real Serious Bidders only!!!
If you have a negative feedback or under 10 positive feedback's, you must e-mail me with all your true intentions on payment if you were to win and show me how serious you really are.

E-mail me in regard to what I may do if Bidding ends over my expectations and what some of that money will go to (ch_ _ity).
I ask of you to PLEASE
PUT THIS ON YOUR WATCH LIST.

Thank You and Good Luck to all the Bidders..

Corkscrewed
06-02-2005, 03:55 PM
lmao

$510 for a fucking fork.

WOW

The Outlaw
06-02-2005, 06:42 PM
LOL

Gives me a good idea...:)