PDA

View Full Version : Do you knwo what would have gotten a HUUUUGE pop?

Dorkchop
06-02-2005, 06:00 PM
When Benoit was getting his ass kicked by Snitsky, Edge, Tomco, and Maven, having some of the ECW guys run out to help him. Like Storm, Dreamer, and Tajiri.

I don't know I think they could have gotten one of the biggest pops in years. Maybe they're saving that for next week or something.

loopydate
06-02-2005, 06:02 PM
That's what I was hoping for, too. Even if it was just Tajiri to further the little friendly rivalry they've built up over the last couple of weeks. Even if he, too, fell to the numbers, it would have been cool to see the ECW guys sticking up for each other against the "evil empire."

Boondock Saint
06-02-2005, 06:17 PM
I was thinking it was gonna happen too. :-\

weather vane
06-02-2005, 06:23 PM
I think everyone was thinking that.

Shadow
06-02-2005, 07:11 PM
I was thinking Kane was going to come out and clean house myself. But it didn't happen.

Oh...I had to TViO RAW so I watched the match in fast forward. I didn't know Beniot could move that fast.

Shaved Monkey
06-02-2005, 07:23 PM
I was hoping for the Sandman making an apperance after that little video they showed of him. A little "Enter Sandman" followed by some singapore cane work to clear house. That would have been awesome.

Kane Knight
06-02-2005, 08:01 PM
That's what I was hoping for, too. Even if it was just Tajiri to further the little friendly rivalry they've built up over the last couple of weeks. Even if he, too, fell to the numbers, it would have been cool to see the ECW guys sticking up for each other against the "evil empire."

redoneja
06-02-2005, 08:09 PM
You know what I was hoping? That there wouldn't be any Raw or Smackdown invasion onto the PPV to begin with. Great way to fuck up a good concept Vince.

DaBrasko
06-02-2005, 08:09 PM
Im not sure when the ECW show is going to be, but if it isnt until a few more weeks i can see them building up to haveing an ECW guy show up on raw to stop a beat down on Benoit.... this all kinda seems like what they did in the inVasion where everyone beat the hell out of Test thinking he would jump ship ......

Marcyo
06-02-2005, 09:10 PM
I sooooo wanted to see Tommy Dreamer, Sandman or Sabu come out.... ANYONE... just someone from ECW...

hell, even Steven Richards!

Mr. JL
06-02-2005, 09:12 PM
Yeah, it would have been a pretty amazing pop, however, I think they should reserve such a pop or segment where ECW guys save ECW guys for the One Night Stand PPV.

DaBrasko
06-02-2005, 09:29 PM
It would seem it would be a good idea to have at least one ECW guy make a save during a raw or smackdown just to further interest in the pay per view.

Marcyo
06-02-2005, 09:33 PM
It would seem it would be a good idea to have at least one ECW guy make a save during a raw or smackdown just to further interest in the pay per view.

Indeed. the ratings (not only for the PPV, also for Raw) would go up if Dreamer, Sandman or even a Dudley showed up and helped Benoit.

Cool King
06-02-2005, 09:47 PM
Indeed. the ratings (not only for the PPV, also for Raw) would go up if Dreamer, Sandman or even a Dudley showed up and helped Benoit.

Kane Knight
06-02-2005, 10:01 PM
Yeah, like the WWE wants the competition (Even the ones they own) to be successful.

Londoner
06-03-2005, 01:04 AM
You know what I was hoping? That there wouldn't be any Raw or Smackdown invasion onto the PPV to begin with. Great way to fuck up a good concept Vince.

I was thinking the same thing. This PPV is going to fuck up because of this invasion crap.

Londoner
06-03-2005, 01:05 AM
Im not sure when the ECW show is going to be, but if it isnt until a few more weeks i can see them building up to haveing an ECW guy show up on raw to stop a beat down on Benoit.... this all kinda seems like what they did in the inVasion where everyone beat the hell out of Test thinking he would jump ship ......

It is on the 12 June i think, so they havent got long to build up, i imagine the ECW revenge will be next week..

FourFifty
06-03-2005, 01:26 AM
I'm just waiting for ANYONE to jump in next time somone says something bad about ECW or gangs up on an ECW wrestler...
SD SPOILERS, HIGHLIGHT TO READ
<font color=black>Taz should have choked out either Kurt or JBL! I mean, come on! It would have worked!</font color>

DaBrasko
06-03-2005, 03:01 AM
The sucky thing is that most likely none of the ECW guys will have thier old themes because of copy rights and royalties. I know the music doesnt make the wrestler but it will be soo damn weird if Sandman doesnt take his sweet ass time walking through the crowd during Enter Sandman, or RVD not coming out to walk, I know he has WWE theme music, but alot of his apeal was the crowd interaction while his theme was playing although. The same could be said of all the ECW roster.

thecc
06-03-2005, 09:49 AM
Sandman could actually pull it off cuz it was motorhead who did his version.

Kane Knight
06-03-2005, 11:43 AM
Sandman could actually pull it off cuz it was motorhead who did his version.
Slight problem.

You see, the performer doesn't have rights to the song.

The author (Metallica) has the proprietary rights to this song.

DaBrasko
06-03-2005, 12:14 PM
I can see WWE doing somthing screwed up and having everyone come out to the ECW "This is extreme" theme.

Innovator
06-03-2005, 12:26 PM
I read the whole reason WWE is having WWE guys at the ECW show is because the tickets didn't sell out like they hoped. I mean who in their right mind wouldn't want to pay $400 dollars for a ringside seat......

DaBrasko
06-03-2005, 01:01 PM
I read the whole reason WWE is having WWE guys at the ECW show is because the tickets didn't sell out like they hoped. I mean who in their right mind wouldn't want to pay $400 dollars for a ringside seat......

*pfft* Only $400 ... buy seven of them :roll:

Mr. Nerfect
06-03-2005, 08:46 PM
I was personally hoping Nunzio would kick some ass on SmackDown!. And I'm still waiting for Tazz to lose it, choke out Angle, then tell every WWE superstar that if they show up to ONS, they;ll survive if Tazz lets them, etc.

What would have been awesome is if during the Heyman/McMahon/Bischoff promo last week, is if The Sandman came out at the end of the promo and went to town on Bischoff with a kendo stick, which promptly caused Bischoff to withdraw his challenge to ECW.

mike627
06-03-2005, 09:22 PM
I was personally hoping Nunzio would kick some ass on SmackDown!. And I'm still waiting for Tazz to lose it, choke out Angle, then tell every WWE superstar that if they show up to ONS, they;ll survive if Tazz lets them, etc.

What would have been awesome is if during the Heyman/McMahon/Bischoff promo last week, is if The Sandman came out at the end of the promo and went to town on Bischoff with a kendo stick, which promptly caused Bischoff to withdraw his challenge to ECW. I was hoping Sandman or even Sabu wolud beat the hell outta Bischoff.

M. Banana
06-03-2005, 10:56 PM
During the beatdown I actually THOUGHT that the Dudleyz were gonna run out.. :-\

Londoner
06-04-2005, 02:21 AM
That would've made sense MB, oh shit i used that word again while discussing WWE...

Kane Knight
06-04-2005, 02:30 AM
During the beatdown I actually THOUGHT that the Dudleyz were gonna run out.. :-\
Why run out when you can make a lame promo?

M. Banana
06-04-2005, 05:37 AM
Let the bodies hit the floor.

Chavo Classic
06-04-2005, 11:07 AM

Ah yes, that classic ECW themetune... :wtf:

Marcyo
06-04-2005, 11:45 AM
lol wtf

DaBrasko
06-04-2005, 02:50 PM
With the way they are puting this together it have further proven to me that the WWE writers are a group of monkeys with downs sendrom and 2 broken paws :)

loopydate
06-04-2005, 03:16 PM
Honestly, I'm starting to not mind the (almost too) slow burn on this PPV. I, for one, would mark out more if Taz went nuts on this week's show, the last before the PPV, after having taking Angle's abuse for a couple of weeks.

If it had been a sudden thing like Angle insults ECW, Tazz chokes him out immediately, it wouldn't be as satisfying as it is now that they've built up huge tension between the two.

But I agree that somebody should have helped Nunzio on SD. That would have been a good opportunity for Super Crazy to show up.