PDA

View Full Version : Idea for ONS and Smackdown

The CyNick
06-13-2005, 09:45 AM
I've been thinking about this since Cena jumped to RAW on Monday.

Right now SD has no World Champion, now, I think we all assume they will have one after Vengeance, either with Cena going back, or whoever comes out of HIAC with the WHC (HHH, Batista or Edge).

However, I think there is an opportunity to do an angle before that.

Rhyno should defend the ECW title at the PPV against someone he can beat rather easily (say CW Anderson), then JBL's music fires up.

JBL comes out and says Rhyno represents what he hates, and yet he has a championship, JBL says I would be the type of ECW champion these fans would be proud of. So Rhyno accepts the challenge, and its on. Cabinet interfers and JBL wins the match and the title (this would not be the end of the show, because the show has to end with an ECW win....at leats I think it does).

Anyway, JBL comes out the next on SD and holds the ECW title up and runs it down, saying it represents what is wrong with pro wrestling. He then brings out the garbage can and the explosion gimmick and destroys the ECW title. He then raises some other championship (say a replica of the WWE title circa 1998) and says he is the new champion of SD. Chris Benoit could even come out and defend ECW and they could set up a program between JBL and Benoit for say the GAB.

I would have the WHC from RAW come over to SD and they have a match between (say Batista) and Edge at GAB for the World title, with that person facing the winner of Benoit/JBL to create one champion for SD at Summerslam.

Innovator
06-13-2005, 01:07 PM
JBL winning the title would escalate into a full riot which would consume all of NYC.

egoslam
06-13-2005, 02:01 PM
JBL winning the title would escalate into a full riot which would consume all of NYC.

Amen to that.

Savio
06-13-2005, 02:18 PM
I don't like that Idea

Avenger
06-13-2005, 02:19 PM
lol at JBL (lol@ JBL) winning the ECW Championship in NYC on their comeback show, I would LOVE to see that

Team Sheep
06-13-2005, 02:28 PM
If that happened, it would seem like a right dick slap from McMahon to Heyman.

The CyNick
06-13-2005, 02:29 PM
It just plays off the whole NWA-Douglas-ECW deal, and it helps SD get a championship on their show.

Mr. Nerfect
06-13-2005, 08:59 PM
I personally don't mind the WWE using the ECW Title's history. They carried on the WCW Title, they carried on the Cruiserweight Title, I don't see why they can't carry on the ECW World Heavyweight Championship.

I'd like to see Rhyno have a bit of a run in it with the WWE. If they want, they could probably say Rhyno has been ECW World Champion for almost 5 years. Thinking about it, that would almost certainly be the longest ECW Title reign. Have Rhyno go over JBL, and then have Theodore R. Long invite him to join SmackDown! as its Champion. In his run, Rhyno captures the US Championship, IC Championship and World Heavyweight Campionship. Rhyno then makes history by having the ECW World Heavyweight Championship, ECW Television Championship, IC Championship, US Championship & World Heavyweight Championship (have him carry around all the previous versions of the belts, which is quite a lot of gold), and have him throw them into a giant vat. From that they mold a new title belt, which is called the World Championship.

It contains the singles history of ECW, the IC and US Championships, the World Heavyweight Championship invented in 2002 and the WWE Hardcore and European Champonships, while the WWE Championship on RAW contains the history of the Heavyweight Titles of WCW and WWE.

But yeah, JBL would get plenty of heat from winning the ECW World Heavyweight Championship, and it would certainly do him some good as a character.

Londoner
06-13-2005, 09:23 PM
I personally think if they're going to do anything ECW, it should be like an invasion. There purpose could be to get ECW back, and they'll continue invading until they get there way, though Vince is too stubborn to let that happen after what he saw at ONS. It could be a full out war on both Raw and Smackdown with ECW invading.I know exactly how i would book it to its just too late to type anything up.

Corkscrewed
06-13-2005, 10:20 PM
lol... good thing it didn't happen, because I think we WOULD have seen a riot.

The CyNick
06-14-2005, 06:34 PM
haha

I was thinking that while watching the show.

I would have loved to see it, just to see what would have happened. Imagine JBL leaving the arena with the ECW title, it would have been tremendous.