PDA

View Full Version : Open Letter to Vince McMahon

Shaggy
06-16-2005, 07:26 PM
I found this on world-wrestling.net a few minutes ago and read it. Its a letter that someone wrote to Vince McMahon about having his signs taken during the Raw show on monday.

sorry that its all in one big paragraph...thats the way it was on the website

The following was sent in to 1Wrestling.com from Jeff Lorenc:

My name is Jeff Lorenc, I am writing an open letter to Vince McMahon and the WWE. Last night I attended the RAW show in Binghamton NY. I had 5th row on the floor (First row of risers on the floor). I was all over TV with my pink shirt and my signs. However, I felt violated as an American last night. I made signs that said "RUCK CENA" (The Cena shirt that says RUCK FULES) and "WE CAN'T SEE CENA... THANK GOD!". You could see these during the match. After the first commercial break sometime if you have RAW video taped, the signs disappear. I had a WWE guy wearing a RAW polo shirt walk by and without even looking at me or stopping literally rip the signs out of my hand and said "I'll be taking these". Everyone in my section was stunned as to why WWE would take these signs. Me now P.O.'ed decided to voice my opinion about how Triple H is hogging all the time on RAW and held up my "PUSH HHH" sign, knowing they would take it. That can be seen on camera. After the first commercial break before Tomko gets tagged in, you can see me jump off the bleachers. The WWE guy again ripped the sign out of my hands and told me to come with him. He pulled me off camera and told me that if he has to take one more sign from me, he would place me on the other side of the camera in the corner where no one could see me. (There were lots of empty seats in the arena on the camera side. The place was NOT sold out like they claimed). I then asked him what was wrong with my signs. I said they were not in bad taste and had no bad words on there and they did have to do with wrestling. His only response was "They don't want them in the back". I asked him what was approperate he said "If you don't know what is then don't hold any up". I am a HUGE Christian fan, and i can't stand Cena that's why I made the anti-Cena signs. To have the WWE rip the signs out of my hands with no explanation is totally wrong. The WWE always preaches freedom of speech, and they claim to listen to us fans, well how can we voice our opinions if they keep doing this? Why did the WWE not take my # 1 PEEPS sign that I held up for Christian? I BOO AND CHEER FOR WHO I WANT, NOT WHO YOU TELL ME TO WWE. Why didn't WWE take away the newspapers the whole second row put in front of their faces and read during the Master's segment (Funny stuff). Congratulations Vince and company, I was planning on giving you $150 + for ringside Great American Bash seats and $40 + for SmackDown! seats two nights later. After last night, I will NEVER attend another WWE event. You screwed me last night Vince, now SCREW YOU!

James Steele
06-16-2005, 07:34 PM
Hey Joey Radd. Where you been man?

Xero
06-16-2005, 07:35 PM
Oh fuck, now whenever the WWE is in Binghamton the fans are going to chant 'You Screwed Jeff' every time Vince is in the ring. :nono:

James Steele
06-16-2005, 07:39 PM
Oh fuck, now whenever the WWE is in Canada the fans are going to chant 'You Screwed Bret' every time anyone who isn't Canadian is in the ring. :nono: http://tpww.net/forums/images/smilies/thumbup.gif

Xero
06-16-2005, 07:43 PM
You know, if the internet was huge back in 97, I bet that would have been one of the first screwjob threads. :shifty:

Marcyo
06-16-2005, 07:51 PM
lol, I did see that 'RUCK CENA' sign on Raw... Never realized they took it from the guy.

V
06-16-2005, 07:52 PM
he was wearing pink and therefore loses all credibility

Batsu
06-16-2005, 08:02 PM
Nothing new.
It's kind of gay that WWE still does this though.
Not nearly as gay as reportedly putting "Rocky" chants over the P.A. during an RVD match. (I noticed in The Rock's Just Bring It! video, they had toned down the RVD chants..)

Volchok
06-16-2005, 08:04 PM
haha Ruck Cena.. wtf..?

SuperSlim
06-16-2005, 08:11 PM
when fans overreact, the untold story

KingofOldSchool
06-16-2005, 08:19 PM
I hate fans with signs.

I hope the WWE outlaws signs.

Zen v.W.o.
06-16-2005, 08:43 PM
If any signs should be taken down or away it's the one's that make absolutely no sense or have anything to do with wrestling. People cant see or get their views blocked by those gay ass signs.

Example: "I steal sheep." wtf.

Or...Hi stacy

or You screwed Matt. Fuck Matt, he's no longer relevant.

Gouda
06-16-2005, 09:57 PM
Who cares about those signs? The only sign that mattered on Raw was the "Woooooo" which strecthed around three corners of the ring.

RP
06-16-2005, 10:18 PM
If I was sitting behind this guy and he was holding his sign up . I'd walk by and grab it out of his hands then beat the piss out of him with it. Because obviously I wouldnt be able to see. :rant:

RP
06-16-2005, 10:20 PM
BTW . I dont think they can move you from your seat. If they did that to someone. I think that could be a major lawsuit. If not. It should be.

Kane Knight
06-16-2005, 10:44 PM
OMG TEH CENSORSHIP!

Kane Knight
06-16-2005, 10:45 PM
BTW . I dont think they can move you from your seat. If they did that to someone. I think that could be a major lawsuit. If not. It should be.
They have the right to eject you, but moving you to a seat where you couldn't be disruptive would be a major lawsuit? :wtf:

The CyNick
06-16-2005, 11:14 PM
They can make up any shit they want to get you out of the seat.

The whole taking signs away thing is an old story by now, I kinda shocked this guy was shocked the WWE took the signs from him.

Personally I think its stupid that WWE takes signs away. I mean I kind understand removing signs with bad language, but to remove signs because they dont fit with the current direction of the storyline is quite absurd.

So what if some people think John Cena sucks? The fact of the matter is that kid paid money to see John Cena and John Cena and the WWE will profit from him going to the show to let the WWE and John Cena know that he thinks Cena sucks.

I dont really believe this kid will boycott over that, but there might be some people who will. And why you would risk a ticket sale at a time when its more and more difficult to get people in the arena is beyond me.

I mean Vince must think people sit at home and are ready to cheer for John Cena, then see a sign that says "Ruck Cena" and all of a sudden that will make them say "well if someone dislikes Cena, that means I should too, and now I'm not going to the next WWE event". Its the only logical explanation for removing the signs.

I would think it owuld work the opposite way. Some kid who thinks Cena is the best ever, will see that other guys anti-Cena sign, and be mtivated to go out and buy some cardboard and markers and make a "John Cena Rucking Fules" sign.

Vince needs to lighten up.

BTW, writing an "open letter" to Vince is pretty gay.

M. Banana
06-17-2005, 12:53 AM
They take signs that voices one's opinion...

Yet they air signs like "Free Camel Parking" and "Hassan 7:11".

What the fuck?

Kane Knight
06-17-2005, 01:23 AM
Racism is trendy. I mean, come on. "I see sand people."

M. Banana
06-17-2005, 01:27 AM
Right after he said "sand" I thought "nigger" was coming.

Kane Knight
06-17-2005, 01:28 AM
By the way, the WWE's all about thought control. Look at the edited DVDs, piped in chants, editing crowd reactions...

Kane Knight
06-17-2005, 01:28 AM
Right after he said "sand" I thought "nigger" was coming.
Boy, he'd STILL get popped.

M. Banana
06-17-2005, 01:35 AM
Boy, he'd STILL get popped.

Some people DO have morals.

M. Banana
06-17-2005, 01:35 AM
No wait, that's Canada...........

Sinners..

Kane Knight
06-17-2005, 01:41 AM
Some people DO have morals.
Some do.

Generally, they aren't wrestling fans.

M. Banana
06-17-2005, 01:43 AM
I have morals though... :-\

M. Banana
06-17-2005, 01:44 AM
wait, are morals those things some people paint on walls?

Kane Knight
06-17-2005, 01:58 AM
No, you moron. That's a mirage.

M. Banana
06-17-2005, 02:19 AM
I thought that's what you see when you're in the desert or whatever

Kane Knight
06-17-2005, 02:28 AM
That's an homage. :roll:

M. Banana
06-17-2005, 02:33 AM
That's an homage. :roll:

But I thought that was a homo with a hemmorage.

M. Banana
06-17-2005, 02:34 AM
All of this new info..

By the gods!

It's making my brain ache with cramivity..

I must release some of this.. this knowledge!!!!!

And by knowledge i mean semen

Chavo Classic
06-17-2005, 08:32 AM
Open letter to Jeff Lorenc -

On behalf of everyone at the TPWW.net forums, SHUT UP!

Thank you.

SuperSlim
06-17-2005, 08:36 AM
Dear Jeff Lorenc,

We, the WWE, are very interested in your views and opinions. We will look into this situation. Please accept this email as a toekn of our appreciation for what you have done for us. Have a nice day.

-WWE

Chavo Classic
06-17-2005, 08:47 AM
Dear Jeff Lorenc,

We, the WWE, are very interested in your views and opinions. We will look into this situation. Please accept this email as a toekn of our appreciation for what you have done for us. Have a nice day.

-WWE

Jeff starts looking around for his enclosed "free e-mail".

Impact!
06-17-2005, 09:43 AM
Congratulations Vince and company, I was planning on giving you $150 + for ringside Great American Bash seats and $40 + for SmackDown! seats two nights later. After last night, I will NEVER attend another WWE event.

ouch what a threat, how will the WWE continue to survive now

:shifty:

just incase my sarcasm didn't come through

Chavo Classic
06-17-2005, 09:47 AM
ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS!? GREAT AMERICAN BASH!? You'd have to f**king pay me one hundred and fifty dollars to get me in that ringside seat for that shite!

SuperSlim
06-17-2005, 09:50 AM
hey it may actually be good this year...

:rofl:

Chavo Classic
06-17-2005, 09:51 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

...I better get on ticketmaster now and get some tickets while I'm booking my holiday in Beruit too.

Xero
06-17-2005, 09:54 AM
You never know, Hardcore Holly could have a title match!

You KNOW that this will happen now, too...

Chavo Classic
06-17-2005, 10:02 AM
We went twelve months without talking about Holly's push. We were doing so well!

I even went on ebay to get one of those Men In Black mind erasers so I didn't have to think about it. All ruined now, cheers!

Impact!
06-17-2005, 10:04 AM
that was only there practice run, this time their going to let him win the title

Savio
06-17-2005, 10:06 AM
I'd rather open a letter to Vince Machmon

ZING!

Chavo Classic
06-17-2005, 10:09 AM
that was only there practice run, this time their going to let him win the title

:'(

Chavo Classic
06-17-2005, 10:11 AM
I'd rather <s>open a letter </s> send a letter bomb to Vince Machmon

BOOM!

Impact!
06-17-2005, 10:14 AM
I'd rather <s>open a letter </s> <s>send a letter bomb to Vince Machmon</s> watch TNA

Chavo Classic
06-17-2005, 10:17 AM
I'd rather <s> open a letter send a letter bomb to Vince Machmon </s>watch TNA

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LOL! GENIUS!

Impact!
Sometime in the near future vince mcmahon will decide to create the ultimate leader of the WWE. someone who doesn't just hold down good talent, but someone who destroys the new talent before it even has a chance, this creature will be called

Hardcore HHHolly

sorry :-\

Savio
Racism is trendy. I mean, come on. "I see sand people."http://img105.echo.cx/img105/9550/stl00066de.jpg
"Time out!"

Impact!
06-17-2005, 10:20 AM
http://img105.echo.cx/img105/9550/stl00066de.jpg

it's so dark i can hardly see ya

Impact!
06-17-2005, 10:20 AM
okay that was bad, sorry

Just John
06-17-2005, 12:04 PM
Hearing this really makes me think (which doesn't happen too often)

You know, it's really absurd the lengths the WWE will go to promote someone who has no talent (cena) I mean the kid obviously saved alot of money just paying for the paper used in that sign then someone comes along and takes it, even though it said nothing rude or explicit.

So next time I go to a WWE event, I can assure you the sign I hold up will be:

Hassan 9:11

Chavo Classic
06-17-2005, 12:18 PM
I don't get it....

Just John
06-17-2005, 12:24 PM
9 = month 11 = day

Batsu
06-17-2005, 12:36 PM
The whole taking signs away thing is an old story by now, I kinda shocked this guy was shocked the WWE took the signs from him.

Personally I think its stupid that WWE takes signs away. I mean I kind understand removing signs with bad language, but to remove signs because they dont fit with the current direction of the storyline is quite absurd.

Especially since you consider, a mass of signs and chants disparaging a supposed fan-favorite named "Rocky" several years ago lead to the creation of one of the funniest, and most famous faces ever seen in WWE.

Yeah, WWE is technically, the only game in town, as far as what's on TV. It gives them the license to be assholes about this, but really, when you have no competition in sight, is it really necessary to edit crowd reactions, steal signs, and what have you? It's not like the fans you pissed off, or the people that don't cheer your fan favorites going to run to the imaginary "WCW" promotion because one or two people think HHH rules, or John Cena sucks.

What I'd like to know is what sparked this whole line of behavior. WWE didn't always do such things (though I suspect the home video of Wrestlemania 13 was edited, based on Rock's own account of how many times and how loudly "Rocky Sucks" was chanted during his match with The Sultan)....

Chavo Classic
06-17-2005, 12:39 PM
9 = month 11 = day

Durrrr...

Kane Knight
06-17-2005, 03:22 PM
9 = month 11 = day
I think he got that part. I just think he missed what made it funny.

Please, enlighten us, as your humour is so much more evolved than our petty Earth Humour.

Kane Knight
06-17-2005, 03:29 PM
when you have no competition in sight, is it really necessary to edit crowd reactions, steal signs, and what have you?
Do they have to?

No.

But they can choose to.

It doesn't make sense, but it doesn't HAVE to make sense.

Personally, I don't think it's gonna make much difference if people see a sign on TV that's anti-Cena. However, the "Ruck Cena" one you could make an argument for, just because of the TV broadcast and the RCC. :shifty: They tried to downplay Christian's pops, no effect. Tried to downplay Lita's heat, no effect.

And YET, one loser with a sign is going to change the world of wrestling forever?

Batsu
06-17-2005, 04:58 PM
Personally, I don't think it's gonna make much difference if people see a sign on TV that's anti-Cena. However, the "Ruck Cena" one you could make an argument for, just because of the TV broadcast and the RCC. :shifty: They tried to downplay Christian's pops, no effect. Tried to downplay Lita's heat, no effect.

And YET, one loser with a sign is going to change the world of wrestling forever?

Of course. Remember that one guy with a "Brock Is A Crock" sign? He made Brock quit WWE after a really crappy match with Goldberg!

Pete13
06-18-2005, 05:31 PM
lol, I did see that 'RUCK CENA' sign on Raw... Never realized they took it from the guy.

i saw that too.
i thought it was pretty cool.. since i can't stand cena either.
but i remember that even cena's "Ruck Fules" shirt and cap used to be distorted on national television, maybe that's why they took that sign away.

Kane Knight
06-18-2005, 05:42 PM
Of course. Remember that one guy with a "Brock Is A Crock" sign? He made Brock quit WWE after a really crappy match with Goldberg!
True. I mean, you could see he was devastated after that.

Kane Knight
06-18-2005, 05:43 PM
i saw that too.
i thought it was pretty cool.. since i can't stand cena either.
but i remember that even cena's "Ruck Fules" shirt and cap used to be distorted on national television, maybe that's why they took that sign away.
Used to be. On Network. They're on cable now. I severely doubt they'll censore "Ruck fules."

Just John
06-18-2005, 05:43 PM
I think he got that part. I just think he missed what made it funny.

Please, enlighten us, as your humour is so much more evolved than our petty Earth Humour.

It was just another of my crappy jokes I could practically hear the tumble weed roll past when I told that one

Just John
06-18-2005, 05:45 PM
Used to be. On Network. They're on cable now. I severely doubt they'll censore "Ruck fules."

Come on, this is coming from the company that censor 'gutterslut'

Kane Knight
06-18-2005, 05:45 PM
The first step is admitting you have a problem. You're one step ahead of most of the people on TPWW. :y:

M. Banana
06-18-2005, 05:47 PM
The first step is admitting you have a problem. You're one step ahead of most of the people on TPWW. :y:

But I've admitted to most of my problems.

Just John
06-18-2005, 05:48 PM
is that a good thing?

M. Banana
06-18-2005, 05:48 PM
this talk of censoring reminds me...

Anyone see the new Hawthorne Heights video for "Ohio Is For Lovers"?

They censor the word cut...

I dunno

Kane Knight
06-18-2005, 05:49 PM
In Banana's case, I'm not sure.

Mostly because I'm now in therapy for some of them.

Just John
06-18-2005, 05:49 PM
:wtf:

Kane Knight
06-18-2005, 05:50 PM
this talk of censoring reminds me...

Anyone see the new Hawthorne Heights video for "Ohio Is For Lovers"?

They censor the word cut...

I dunno
In what context?

Just John
06-18-2005, 05:55 PM
I am now about to confess my problems:

My Jokes Suck
My Arguements Suck
I suck

There. Now I can move on to getting therapy for my other problems such as: my ability to bore people with meaningless lists

Kane Knight
06-18-2005, 06:03 PM
In what context?
Never mind.

Man those are some pussy lyrics. Sometimes, I really wish these little girls WOULD Cut their wrists, and do it proper this time, so we could thin the gene pool out a little.

Kane Knight
06-18-2005, 06:03 PM

My Jokes Suck
My Arguements Suck
I suck

There. Now I can move on to getting therapy for my other problems such as: my ability to bore people with meaningless lists
I'm sorry, what? I zoned out for a minute there.

Just John
06-18-2005, 06:06 PM
I have too much dignity to say it again :shifty:......Oh go on then!

My Jokes Suck
My Arguements Suck
I suck

Happy? :n: ? :y:

M. Banana
06-18-2005, 06:28 PM
"Nigga be ****in' dem bitches like they ain't no tomorow nigga.."

"So *** my wrists and black my eyes.."

wtf

FourFifty
06-18-2005, 06:59 PM
I've read this thread and I laugh. On one hand the dude does make a valid point about having his freedom of speech taken away, but on the other hand his side of the story sounds like this.

BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH! WWE NAZIS! RUCK CENA! I <3 Your Mom! HEIL VINCE! I'M BUTT HURT!

The fans job to decide who they cheer for, who they boo, whose shirt they wear, and who they make fun of.
It's the WWE's job to point them in the direction they want, but the WWE needs to realize you can't win 'em all.

Hell, I liked Earthquake when he was a heel feuding with Hulk Hogan. Face or heel I've always liked Goldust and hated Hardcore Holly. I'm not a huge fan of Cena, but I'd much rather bring my Canadian flag to show than a "Ruck Signs" sign.
But the "Hassan 7:11" sign was just in bad taste.

M. Banana
06-18-2005, 09:02 PM
gimme head

Kane Knight
06-18-2005, 09:26 PM
I've read this thread and I laugh. On one hand the dude does make a valid point about having his freedom of speech taken away
No.

Freedom of speech does not include the right to hold up a sign in a venue while being taped for TV. This is not a venue open for the public.

There are some things not protected. Incitement. Crying fire in a crowded theater. Free speech within schools even. Profanity.

When you buy a ticket, you agree to behave by their terms while you are in their arena...Even though technically it's not theirs, they are renting it.

Batsu
06-18-2005, 09:28 PM

Ruck Fules got blurred?

Gay. Never noticed that...

M. Banana
06-18-2005, 09:29 PM
When you buy a ticket, you agree to behave by their terms while you are in their arena...Even though technically it's not theirs, they are renting it.

Could they also kick you out for something such as throwing up the middle finger?

Just wondering.

FourFifty
06-19-2005, 08:37 AM
Could they also kick you out for something such as throwing up the middle finger?

Just wondering.

If they could, then some of the wrestlers would be kicked out.

FourFifty
06-19-2005, 08:46 AM
No.

Freedom of speech does not include the right to hold up a sign in a venue while being taped for TV. This is not a venue open for the public.

There are some things not protected. Incitement. Crying fire in a crowded theater. Free speech within schools even. Profanity.

But do you have any idea how fun it is to scream "FIRE!" in a crowded theater? I was just passing through, and I don't plan on going back to that theater anyways, and since they banned me.... :lol:

Anywho, his sign had as much profanity as Cena's shirt and hat. Does that mean they'd take my Cena shirt for the profanity (that is, if I had a Cena shirt)? His sign had the same phrase as Cena's swag.

As much as this guy needs to write an emo song or kill himself over the problem, I think he's in the right here. The WWE wasn't allowing him to cheer for who he wanted to. He just took one phrase from Cena's shirt, and put it on a sign.

....oh damn, what'll happen if HHH ever turns face? How many signs will be taken away?

Just John
06-19-2005, 11:34 AM
They only took it away because no 7 year old wants to watch/think someone hates Cena

YOUR Hero
06-20-2005, 01:43 AM
As much as this guy needs to write an emo song or kill himself over the problem, I think he's in the right here. The WWE wasn't allowing him to cheer for who he wanted to. He just took one phrase from Cena's shirt, and put it on a sign.

Wrong.

They weren't stopping him from cheering who he wanted to cheer for, boo for who he wanted to boo for. They simply removed his signs. Their right. They rented the building, therefore they are the ones that set the terms. Anal or not, it's their policy it seems, to remove signs that are negative towards 'faces'.

The danger of doing this is exactly what he claims. Not buying their product anymore.