PDA

View Full Version : CFL Season starting up

MoRcHeEbA
06-17-2005, 07:35 PM
last week of pre-season this week. Gonna be a tight year again apart from a few teams. How do you see the teams finishing this year?

East
Toronto 13-5
Montreal 12-6
Hamilton 9-9
Ottawa 6- 12

West
BC 13-5
Winnipeg 10-8
Saskatchewan 10-8
Edmonton 9-9
Calgary 8-10

The west is tough to pick every team seems to have gotten better over there. Who knows what's gonna happen with BC's QB problems and now that Ricky Ray is back might be close.

MoRcHeEbA
06-17-2005, 07:39 PM
lol the CFL

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-17-2005, 07:59 PM
NESN (NEW ENGLAND SPORTS NETWORK MOTHERFUCKER) is showing CFL games again tihs year, should be pretty hot. I love football

YOUR Hero
06-17-2005, 10:00 PM
I hope they (CFL) get their shit together and put a team in Halifax.

Yeah I like the feeling, 'the vibe' if you will about the CFL this year. I'm getting pretty pumped for it myself.

YOUR Hero
06-17-2005, 10:01 PM
NESN (NEW ENGLAND SPORTS NETWORK MOTHERFUCKER) is showing CFL games again tihs year, should be pretty hot. I love football
I'm sure you mentioned it before, but what was your opinion of the CFL games you watched?

MoRcHeEbA
06-17-2005, 10:05 PM
yeah I think it's almost time for them to start putting in a few more teams (3). Halifax, Quebec City, Windsor could probably all have teams.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-17-2005, 10:07 PM
I'm sure you mentioned it before, but what was your opinion of the CFL games you watched?
I like football in all forms. I kinda wish it was just played under the same rules as the NFL though. I think they could produce a good enough product without having the rule differences.

It will get me through til the NFL starts, I saw a highlight of football the other day on ESPN and I realized how much I miss it :(

road doggy dogg
06-17-2005, 10:34 PM
What, Windsor? If Windsor gets a CFL team I'll go to like every gameeee

MoRcHeEbA
06-17-2005, 10:37 PM
I heard Windsor is actually pretty high on the list. Winnipeg's QB is from detroit and he said in high school they would come across the boarder to play teams from windsor with CFL rules and would still smoke the teams. LOL

MoRcHeEbA
06-17-2005, 10:39 PM
also I don't know if Lara will read this but Support the renegades or they're going bye bye again :D. YOU TO GOOCH and fuck the gliebermans

The Gooch
06-18-2005, 07:35 AM
I didn't renew my Renegade season tickets this year. I'll definitely be hitting some games even with the Gliebermans in town. They are having a one day season ticket blitz next Saturday, $99 for the season which is pretty sweet. The seats associated with them are pretty good.

I was pretty pissed off from last years treatment of season ticket holders. Granted I managed my season seats for the Grey Cup which was pretty fucking cool, but the team gave away so many freebee tickets that it was a smack in our faces who paid so much for the whole year.

I have a message on my answering machine from the Renegades ticket office. It's been on it for a week, perhaps I'll call them back next week sometime. Make the bastards sweat.

Not sure how we will do this year. If Joseph can stay healthy which is mostly dependent on our offensive line we may do a little better (but not much) than Cheeba predicted in my opinion. Our defense still looks lousy and we have no pass rush. If QB's have time to throw in this league you are SO fucked.

I like your predictions Cheeba. My only change would be to have Saskatchewan at 12-6. I think they will be ahead of your Bombers this year and gunning for the top slot.

BC interests me with the QB situation, but I can only see that making them a tougher opponent. Buono will not allow this to become a distraction like I feel it did leading up to the Grey Cup last year. I think he learned his lesson.

YOUR Hero
06-20-2005, 12:57 AM
I kinda wish it was just played under the same rules as the NFL though. I think they could produce a good enough product without having the rule differences.

If I'm not mistaken, CFL football has been around a lot longer than NFL.

Lara Emily
06-21-2005, 04:39 AM
also I don't know if Lara will read this but Support the renegades or they're going bye bye again :D. YOU TO GOOCH and fuck the gliebermans

Yeah not really happy about the father and son team of supreme idiocy owning the team again. I do support, I have season tickets, have had season tickets since the beginning (of the new team)

KleptoKlown
06-22-2005, 05:30 AM
only in the CFL will you see last years MVP as the backup...

Dickenson is the man though. Plus printers will try his luck in the NFL in the next couple of year, while Dickenson already knows he cant cut it.

Plus the Lions got Elewonibi(sp) back....he is also the man :love:

Bombers wont finish with a +.500 season.

Gonzo
06-22-2005, 09:01 AM
I looked it up and the CFL, more or less was esatablished in 1909 because thats when the first Grey Cup was awarded. The NFL, or its predecessor which was just later changed into the NFL began in 1920.

The CFL game looks different enough to be interesting, never watched a whole game though. I don't know, I really love football but I can't seem to get into anything but the NFL or College. Maybe I'm just setting my standards too high.

Zen v.W.o.
06-22-2005, 07:41 PM
Montreal is gonna own.

I dont see them being beat.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-22-2005, 08:07 PM
If I'm not mistaken, CFL football has been around a lot longer than NFL.
Well whatever. NFL has the better rule system (aka every other football leauge has 4 downs, I dunno why CFL has to have 3) so that's what I ment.

I know a Candian invented basketball too but we're still better at it ;) ;) ;)

Zen v.W.o.
06-22-2005, 09:26 PM
We have 3 downs cuz the field is bigger, giving the players more room to get open and create big plays.

Nervous Ferret
06-22-2005, 09:29 PM
Yeah I can't really "get into" CFL. I will watch it because it's football, all in all, but nah can't get into it.

YOUR Hero
06-22-2005, 11:19 PM
We have 3 downs cuz the field is bigger, giving the players more room to get open and create big plays.No no, the CFL has 4 downs too, they just punt on the 3rd down to be safe. :rofl:

4 downs in the CFL would have the offence on the field so much, as Zen stated.

MoRcHeEbA
06-22-2005, 11:20 PM
WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

MoRcHeEbA
06-22-2005, 11:24 PM
I would also like to point out that two of three Winnipeg QB's were drafted in the NFL the same year as Tom Brady way earlier :cool: so if the stupid guys could start winning that would be great.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-22-2005, 11:55 PM
Yeah bigger field too. That's what I mean. I think it would be cool if they used the same exact rules as the NFL or something closer to it - like the NCAA.

The Icon of Elisim
06-23-2005, 04:41 AM
Bombers are 30-1 to win the Grey cup, thats the worst in the league :(

Adder
06-23-2005, 10:38 AM
I like the differences that exist between the NFL and CFL.

The Gooch
06-23-2005, 12:38 PM
I like the differences that exist between the NFL and CFL.

Agreed. The NFL has the money so naturally they will attract the best talent for their style of football. As I love the quarterback position I find the CFL is amazing. It promotes the athletic QB instead of the pocket-passing style.

The only thing I dislike about the CFL is the "rouge". One should never be rewarded for missing a field goal. What would be the worst would be if the Grey Cup was awarded to a team for earning a single point on a last second missed field goal. Why the league would ever run the risk of this happening by keeping this silly rule is beyond me. I don't mind the single point for not returning a kick-off that goes in the end zone, but that is it. You'd have to eliminate it from punts as well because in the above scenario what would stop a team from punting the ball out of the end-zone with no time left on the clock instead of trying a field-goal. This would make the league look even more bush-league compared to the NFL.

Rewardings for failure seems rather Canadian though. I'm allowed to say that, any Yanks saying that I would have to kick their ass.