PDA

View Full Version : AJ Styles Interview: Paul London, Daniels, WWE, etc.

PullMyFinger
06-18-2005, 11:50 AM
Well, I saw the transcript, so I figured I mind as well share it with you all here....

Welcome to the live chat with AJ Styles!

Chat Moderator says Hey everyone! Welcome to TNA SUPERSTAR CHAT with AJ STYLES!!! We're gearing up with some great questions for AJ to answer, so hang out, chat, and we'll get things rolling shortly!

AJ Styles says
Hello! Thanks for joining us on this first ever chat guys! We're ready to start taking some questions!

Chat Moderator says
Question 1: I wanted to know how did you come up with the Styles clash?

AJ Styles says
It's very simple. My brother in law and his friend were playing on the trampoline trying to power bomb each other and they never could get the other guy up on their shoulders so one guy would be upside down. I saw this and I went over there and took 'em up in my arms and my brother in law was the first one ever to take the Styles clash on the trampoline!

Chat Moderator says
AJ how is fatherhood going?

AJ Styles says
It's great but difficult. I have a bad case of the colic baby, which if you don't know what that is basically their belly hurts all the time so that makes it very hard to deal with. Never the less, it's great. He's six weeks old and still keeping us up at night!

Chat Moderator says
On your DVD you said that you are very good at playing games. What are some of your favourite games?

AJ Styles says
CAA football, Madden football of course. I'm also a big Tekken 12345 fan (being the fighter that I am.) Favorite game ever- Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 from Japan. Japanese fighters, F&W- all that stuff was on there. Then you've got your shoe fighters too. It’s probably the best game ever but you have to get it from Japan!

Chat Moderator says
Do you feel as if you have accomplished all your personal and professional goals in wrestling?

AJ Styles says
Nope. I still have yet to be on a video game, still have yet to be in a movie and I'm sure there will be some more that I'll have to deal with. Not even close!

Chat Moderator says
Hey AJ what was your debut match and do you have a date for it?

AJ Styles says
Um, I remember it was March of '99 against a guy named Michael Brooks and I was Mr. Olympia. I lost and that's about all I remember from that match! It was in NCW National Championship Wrestling, now NWA Wildside.

Chat Moderator says
AJ what are your thoughts on going one on one once again against Jerry Lynn when he comes back to TNA. Your previous matches were all phenomenal and helped put TNA on the map .. but this time for NWA World Heavyweight Title? I think it would be a classic series of matches if it would happen.

AJ Styles says
Jerry Lynn is one of the best wrestlers in the business. I really believe that. I've had some of my greatest matches against him. Honestly, I'm really excited about Jerry coming back

Chat Moderator says
AJ, congratulations on all your success. What were the biggest reasons behind you signing a long-term deal with TNA?

AJ Styles says
The fact that they had a lot of confidence in AJ Styles. They believed I could help bring them to the next level. They just believed in me. It wasn't even about the money or anything like that just that I have somewhere to wrestle and they have confidence in me. I don't have to walk on eggshells.

Chat Moderator says
How easy is it to follow your faith in the world of wrestling?

AJ Styles says
It's very difficult. There's a lot of pretty women out there! The fact that I'm a man isn't always a good thing but I just try to stay grounded, call my wife, talk about my new baby- things that keep me interested in family life. Not going to WWE ;) I’m staying w/ my family. It’s hard but you can't forget who you are. I am a Christian guy. I'm a believer. Whether I'm as good as I want to be is a different story.

Chat Moderator says
How do you feel about hardcore wrestling matches?

AJ Styles says
I feel like I hope I never get to be in them again. I don't like gimmick matches in the first place so hardcore is not up my alley. (baby's crying in the background. trying to get him to say hi, but he just wants to watch TV)

Chat Moderator says
Hey AJ, I was wondering, What are some future goals for your career? - from: Chris

AJ Styles says
Movies, video games & stuff like that. Simple things like paying off my mortgage! How bout that!?!

Chat Moderator says
Question to AJ: How do you feel about Samoa Joe being brought in by TNA, and what other indy wrestlers do you think could flourish in the company?

AJ Styles says
Well, I'm very, very, very excited & thankful that he decided to sign. He's gonna be a big factor. There are so many guys that don't have a job with us. I'm a huge fan of Matt Sydal He's an unbelievable athlete, one of the X division guys we need. He definitely puts on a show. There are other guys out there but most need some work to perfect their styles.

Chat Moderator says
Hey AJ, you are my favorite!...my question is: has there been a mentor for you in TNA and if there has who is it?

AJ Styles says
Jimmy Lynn along with other guys but I'd always ask him questions about this or that. He was a huge help.

Chat Moderator says
AJ, what has been your favourite match when wrestling in the UK?

AJ Styles says
Had to be the big, big show over there w/ Christopher Daniels. We were the main event for the show, the X Division title. One of the best matches in front of a whole lot of people. That’s definitely it.

Chat Moderator says
How do you learn how to do all those high flying moves? Also, good luck at Slammiversary, I know you will win!!

AJ Styles says
I took some gymnastics. I already knew how to flip around but I wanted to perfect it so gymnastics really helped!

Chat Moderator says
What is the most physically draining match you have ever been in?

AJ Styles says
I've actually done the 60 minute w/ Christopher Daniels. It was SO long and so hot in the building we were in. It drained me pretty good.

Chat Moderator says
Hey AJ, I was wondering if Matt Hardy would get a shot at your title if he came to TNA.

AJ Styles says
Absolutely. I'm a fighting champion

Chat Moderator says
What is your game plan for this Sunday at Slammiversary?

AJ Styles says
Actually I do have a game plan! If I can get them to pin each other and I can get a pin off someone there's the penalty box. The more people in the box the better chance I have of hanging the belt so the object is to make sure that people are in the penalty box before I climb that ladder but I'll have to get a pin before then or I won't have the chance.

Chat Moderator says
Who Was Your Toughest Opponent In Ring Of Honor?

AJ Styles says
Low Ki, Paul London, Samoa Joe, Chris Daniels. I could go on and on. American Dragon, Homicide. I could keep going but I'll stop right there.

Chat Moderator says
You are a phenomenal performer Mr. Styles, but you are wearing THEE World Heavyweight Championship. How do you feel you rank against the likes of those who wore that belt before you, like Gotch, Strangler Lewis, Thesz, Funk, Severn, ect. ?

AJ Styles says
It's so different now. It's hard to compare. They had a showmanship that was different. Ours is about athletics. In theirs, if they just wiggled the right way or threw an elbow fans would go nuts. Nowadays, they want to see you drop a guy while he's fully standing. I think it's more demanding now than it was then so it's hard to compare.

johntan says
what is your favourite type of match and why?

AJ Styles says
Favorite type of match? That’s so easy. A regular match, 30 minute timer is my favorite kind. If you're having an ironman match then you've got to pace yourself but when you've got 30 minutes or less, you go all out. Regular match... that's my match.

Christi2183 says
Hey AJ who was your biggest influence in professional wrestling?
AJ Styles says
That's not easy! I didn't really have one big influence. George Washington? Cause he's on the dollar bill baby but when I learned that you don't make money when you first get in.

moosey says
AJ Styles you are one of the best wrestlers ever, do you have any advice to anybody who wants to be a wrestler?

AJ Styles says
Advice on being a wrestler... Make sure you have something to fall back on, that you're done w/ school. Be prepared for not making any money cause it's all about right time, right place & the right person watching and just be careful. Learn. Go to a proper training school. I went to NCW (National Championship Wrestling) I learned from everyone I ever wrestled.

Chat Moderator says
what do you feel is the BIGGEST difference between TNA and WWE?

AJ Styles says
Easy question. TNA Wrestles. We do what we are. We're a federation & we wrestle. We have the best athletes, bar none. We have the best matches, the best look. I think that we've got what people want to see and if they don’t want to see wrestling, they can always click over and see a bunch of guys talking about something stupid. We do what matters most and what people want to see and we do it very well.

AJ Styles says
Alright guys

Chat Moderator says
We all want to thank AJ SO MUCH for coming out to talk to us tonight. I'm sure I can speak for everyone when I say that we wish you the best on Sunday night and we'll all be watching!

AJ Styles says I've gotta run. Thanks for hangin out with me. We're gonna open up the chat room so you guys can chat for a while but I've gotta take off. Alright guys, catch ya later.

NoRoolz
06-18-2005, 12:25 PM
:( Looks like no WWE for A.J, that's probably a good thing however, as WWE would soon bury him. But I feel he deserves more exposure and if he was in WWE he'd be on many more T.V's.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
06-18-2005, 12:29 PM
AJ Styles says
I lost and that's about all I remember from that match! It was in NCW.
:D

NoRoolz
06-18-2005, 01:56 PM
LOL.

Corkscrewed
06-18-2005, 02:17 PM
sadly, that was what I was thinking too when he mentioned his NCW. :lol:

But Styles is a pretty cool guy. He's got morals, is respectable, and he sticks to his beliefs. Definitely a wrestler to look up to. :y:

SuperSlim
06-18-2005, 02:30 PM
good long read