PDA

View Full Version : Hitchhiker is back!

Kane Knight
12-09-2003, 11:00 PM
http://douglasadams.com/news/

Finally ...

Before the world’s press finds out we want to let you know that the long awaited Hitchhiker’s movie finally has a green light.

The production team is Hammer and Tongs (aka Garth Jennings and Nick Goldsmith), Spyglass (who are producing, and have stayed with this project through thick and thin) and Robbie Stamp, Douglas' friend and business partner who remains involved as an Executive Producer.

Robbie who has stayed close to this process throughout says: "I think that we have a creative team assembled who will make a movie of which Douglas would have been proud."

The Mask
12-09-2003, 11:06 PM
yesss

been watching the old BBC series on this DVD my brother borrowed. oh man, 70's special effects and C-list actors :D

The Mask
12-09-2003, 11:07 PM
also been reading the book at work, cause i'm a slacker bastard like that :love:

Kane Knight
12-09-2003, 11:36 PM
yesss

been watching the old BBC series on this DVD my brother borrowed. oh man, 70's special effects and C-list actors :D

Pretty bad, but I've watched the show like 500 times...

I'm hoping the new movie will be true to the book and the spirit of Adams. I'd be more hopeful if he still had creative control, but he's a little...you know...Occupied. :cry:

Vega
12-10-2003, 04:28 AM
I already said that a while ago, you just refued to beileve it. :rant:

Kane Knight
12-10-2003, 09:25 AM
I already said that a while ago, you just refued to beileve it. :rant:

Well, you posted it off IMDB, a site that's been saying it since before it was announced. I'm sorry if a site that sometimes posts release dates based on rumours means a little less to me than the official site of the author.

Ian
12-10-2003, 09:44 AM
Pretty bad, but I've watched the show like 500 times...

I'm hoping the new movie will be true to the book and the spirit of Adams. I'd be more hopeful if he still had creative control, but he's a little...you know...Occupied. :cry:

:y:

Nowhere Man
12-10-2003, 10:36 AM
Yes, yes, Lordy-Lordy YES!!! I loved the Hitchhiker books, and just recently picked up The Salmon of Doubt, the book Adams was working on when he died. All I can say is that it's about damn time they finally made the Guide into a movie. It's just too bad Adams isn't around to see it.

Well, come opening night, I'll make sure to know where my towel is.

Kane Knight
12-10-2003, 02:15 PM
Yes, yes, Lordy-Lordy YES!!! I loved the Hitchhiker books, and just recently picked up The Salmon of Doubt, the book Adams was working on when he died. All I can say is that it's about damn time they finally made the Guide into a movie. It's just too bad Adams isn't around to see it.

Well, come opening night, I'll make sure to know where my towel is.

Well, now I know how I'm gonna embarrass my friends on opening nights.

Jonster
12-10-2003, 03:34 PM
<font color="#99CCFF">Woohoo! I've just finished reading the first book again. 3 more to go, then off to search for more (cause I don't know much beyond first 4 books)</font>

Kane Knight
12-11-2003, 11:35 AM
<font color="#99CCFF">Woohoo! I've just finished reading the first book again. 3 more to go, then off to search for more (cause I don't know much beyond first 4 books)</font>

There's a fifth full book, a short story "prequel," and "The Salmon of Doubt," which was going to be another book, but wasn't finished. Adams died while he was writing it, so they kinda pieced it together. I haven't read the whole thing, but I don't think they actually finished it, or anything. I purchased it a while back, but was swamped with stuff to read.

I'm hoping this does well enough to merit the other books being turned into movies (That is, if the first one's done well).