PDA

View Full Version : the next draft pick (opinions please)

Marc the Smark
06-21-2005, 12:46 PM
Who should be drafted to Raw tonight?

Anyone think The Big Show?

The Gooch
06-21-2005, 12:58 PM
I'm thinking one of these weeks they will have to draft a midcarder. To draft The Big Show will be 3 people in a row of people going to RAW who have held the World Title belt and 5 in a row for the whole draft. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me, then again it's wrestling so I should expect that.

Evil Vito
06-21-2005, 01:01 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I've got my money on it being Charlie Haas.....I can see him coming out during a Hassan/Shelton IC Title match and helping Shelton win.....and then at Vengeance they can have Hassan/Davairi vs. the WGTT....sooner or later, have Haas turn on Shelton, setting up Haas/Shelton for the IC Belt at Summerslam</font>

LK
06-21-2005, 01:02 PM
Since Big Show is in the middle of a feud with Matt Morgan, I can't see it being him. Can see it being a less established guy like Jindrak or Heidenreich.

Team Sheep
06-21-2005, 01:04 PM
I hope it's Heidenreich so he can feud with Snitsky. :D

Chavo Classic
06-21-2005, 01:06 PM
I'm thinking one of these weeks they will have to draft a midcarder. To draft The Big Show will be 3 people in a row of people going to RAW who have held the World Title belt and 5 in a row for the whole draft. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me, then again it's wrestling so I should expect that.

I think it's been an awesome draft. Last year's was a glorified swapping of the mid-card, but this year's has really shook things up so :y: for the draft.

On the topic of the thread I'd say Big Show too. Make him into a monster again.

Disturbed316
06-21-2005, 01:10 PM
Show or Haas

Face Heely
06-21-2005, 01:16 PM
Y'know, after SD sowed the seeds of a Booker/Carlito feud (and me likey), the Big Show seems like a likely draftee. He doesn't have much going on, and he's another wrestler that's over enough to make an impact, without having to be thrown right into the main event, like Angle or Cena. (Well, Cena kinda brought the main event with him, but you get the idea.)

However, with Vengeance this weekend, and the trend of the draft setting up matches for the PPV, I think the draftee this week will be someone with a connection to and history with a prominent member of the RAW roster; particularly, one who either has a match at Vengeance already, or is in a program that could easily beget a match at Vengeance (i.e. Benjamin/Hassan). That way, the draftee's presence would add a bit of extra interest to the card, without having to slap on another match with no time to build it up.

So, even though it's not an original pick by any means (hell, it's one of those sure-fire bets, along with Orton to SD, that's been tossed around since the draft was just a rumor), I think we're gonna see Charlie Haas on RAW tonight. It's about time for RAW to start getting the mid-card picks, and SD to start picking up huge gains; and besides, Vengeance is already a bit top-heavy. Haas thickens the texture of the IC title scene because of his history with Benjamin; and because it's a friendship, rather than a rivalry (unlike Angle/HBK, for instance), Haas/Benjamin isn't, at the moment, a match that just needs to be made.

Folks, this is how you remove someone from the title scene without losing their heat. You build a secondary plot into the current feud; then, when the current champ has run his course, freshen the title by letting his primary opponent win, and immediately move the former champ into a program with his secondary opponent. It's the all-too common floundering in limbo after dropping the title that leads to wrestlers either losing steam, or getting immediately thrown back into what was already a stale feud (often through this over-done rematch clause BS).

Shadow
06-21-2005, 01:21 PM
Shannon fucking Moore.

Savio
06-21-2005, 01:23 PM
I hope its Haas

SuperSlim
06-21-2005, 01:28 PM
Haas... no one even cares about Jindrak anymore.

well either Haas or Dupree

Chavo Classic
06-21-2005, 01:34 PM
Haas... no one even cares about Jindrak anymore.

well either Haas or Dupree

anymore? when DID we care about Jindrak? ;)

SuperSlim
06-21-2005, 01:37 PM
remember there was that one really short itme ago when he was with Teddy Long and was the uhhh Mark of Excellence(no wait that was his move) ummm the magnificent one or somethin... he liked lookin at the mirror of himself.

then there was that other time he was ummm in the new team angle that failed miserably.

ummm then tehrew as that timne he kept knockin out Reigns. yeah that's bout it.

other than that it's Mark who?

Chavo Classic
06-21-2005, 01:46 PM
THE RELFECTION OF PERFECTION! LOL.

:lol:

Sepholio
06-21-2005, 01:54 PM
Carlito.

Chavo Classic
06-21-2005, 01:56 PM
Carlito.

That'd be a dam shame. He'd be overshadowed on RAW, and he's currently one of my favourite reasons to watch Smackdown when I can.

egoslam
06-21-2005, 01:56 PM
I hope it's Heidenreich so he can feud with Snitsky. :D

And then Sniksky can become one of Heidenreich's friends!!!

Chavo Classic
06-21-2005, 02:00 PM
And then Sniksky can become one of Heidenreich's friends!!!

That'd quite possibly be the FUNNIEST DAM THING ON TELEVISION! :D

Team Sheep
06-21-2005, 02:16 PM
C'mon guys, it's inevitable! Remember their confrontations at Survivor Series and the Royal Rumble? Pure greatness. :D

Savio
06-21-2005, 02:47 PM
Reflection....of perfection. If he does get drafted I see himbreaking the Master Lock.

dalegendkilla
06-21-2005, 02:53 PM
I'm hoping it's Haas, it could be like the Rey/Eddie feud where he challenges Shelton to a match at Vengeance, they shake hands, Shelton beats Haas, Haas keeps his cool, they then tag and win the titles, until Haas turns on Shelton and the great feud begins.

:y: Everyone wants to see that. :y:

Goulet
06-21-2005, 03:00 PM
SPOILERS BELOW!!!!!

Big Show was flown back from the UK Smackdown Tour with John Cena, so all signs point to it being him (credit: pwinsider.com)

Team Sheep
06-21-2005, 03:06 PM
**changes fantasy team**

Schoenauer
06-21-2005, 03:19 PM
I think it was inevitable that Big Show would be on RAW... who hasn't he fought on SD!?

RGWhat316
06-21-2005, 03:32 PM
Show is a possibilty. But it definitely won't be that major of a pick with the ppv this Sunday. But I like the idea of Haas being drafted, eventually turning on Shelton due to Haas' lack of the spotlight in the last year.

Sepholio
06-21-2005, 09:25 PM
Carlito.

And I'm the only one who believed it, apparently.

Goulet
06-21-2005, 10:40 PM
And I'm the only one who believed it, apparently.

Rep

CYCLOPTERSAURUS
06-22-2005, 04:55 AM
Carlito getting drafted sucked.

Amyhow, I'm thinking Smackdown gets Batista (and the title, maybe even this next Smackdown since he's the only one on Vengence who's match was said to take place even if they were drafted), HBK after Vengence, and Jericho (I can't see Cena losing the title). That'd be pretty balanced IMO, and might make up for Angle and Cena, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Hassan (he doesn't have a match for the PPV as far as I know, maybe he'll be next) or Shelton be drafted. I still want to see Christian go, but I can't see them ending his feud with Cena so fast.

Raw will likely get Rey (or Eddie I guess) since they're having their "final" match next Smackdown, and I'd like to see Heidenreich get drafted so he can have some cool promos with Snitsky, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Show go over instead since he's a bigger name to go out on.

Just my thoughts, but knowing WWE, Smackdown will get shafted even more.