PDA

View Full Version : More proof that the ECW PPV was fucking massive

Dave Youell
06-25-2005, 02:59 AM
Although estimated buyrate numbers have yet to be released, the live airing of ECW One Night Stand in the UK drew 163,000 viewers on Sky Sports 1. That is more than four times what a usual live episode of RAW does every week. Plus, the show aired from 1-4am on a Sunday.

Credit: Dave Meltzer @ WrestlingObserver.com

Chavo Classic
06-25-2005, 03:55 AM
Fuck me! That's huge. :y:

Scarface
06-25-2005, 04:58 AM
Wow, I wondered why sky didn't do this as a ppv. Bet they're kicking themselves now.

Dave Youell
06-25-2005, 05:18 AM
Oh that number is wrong, i had 4 other people round my house that night, so the actual number is 163,004

Chavo Classic
06-25-2005, 07:18 AM
Oh that number is wrong, i had 4 other people round my house that night, so the actual number is 163,004

I've always wondered how they work these things out. How did they know I watched it? Have they been spying on me?

The Mackem
06-25-2005, 07:21 AM
I can't believe my brother didn't pay his sky bill until after the event to get Sky reconnected :mad:

I didn't realise it was non PPV anyway so I doubt it would have mattered.

Chavo Classic
06-25-2005, 07:37 AM
I can't believe my brother didn't pay his sky bill until after the event to get Sky reconnected :mad:

I didn't realise it was non PPV anyway so I doubt it would have mattered.

Are you one of those with Sky but no subscription to the Sports channels? Yeh, I hate that too. Sometimes I actually prefer it to be on Box Office so I can watch it.

Luckily my girlfriend has the Sports channels, so I kept her up until 4am with my mark out moments last sunday. She wasn't impressed...

The Mackem
06-25-2005, 07:40 AM
Nah it's just my brother doesn't like paying his bills. He's got all the channels but only pays his bills when he's threatened with court action. He's a funny lad.

Chavo Classic
06-25-2005, 07:45 AM
Lol. I like the guy already...

Dave Youell
06-25-2005, 07:46 AM
Nah it's just my brother doesn't like paying his bills. He's got all the channels but only pays his bills when he's threatened with court action. He's a funny lad.
Funny as in ha ha funny?

Or funny as in, i just took a bath naked in vinigar to preserve myself for longer and I can then become immortal and only been destroyed by my head being removed THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!

The Mackem
06-25-2005, 07:52 AM
Funny as in haha but majorly unpredictable. I don't know whether my pasta is going to be there from one day to the next. Everytime I go food shopping I buy cheese just because it's a handy thing to have in the fridge. Since I've been living at his house I must have bought three chunks of cheese of quite a large size, but as yet have not had a single slice myself. I was like "why the fuck do you keep eating my cheese" and he's like "Everytime I see cheese I can't help but eat it".

There's other examples but the cheese thing really gets my goat.

Dave Youell
06-25-2005, 07:54 AM
Gotcha, so he doesn't think he's a highlander then?

The Mackem
06-25-2005, 07:55 AM
Only at family reunions.

Dave Youell
06-25-2005, 07:57 AM
Only at family reunions.
OK then.

*take his head during his sleep, you will absorb his power :shifty: *

Kane Knight
06-25-2005, 11:49 AM
Fuck me! That's huge. :y:
Thank you. :naughty:

Corkscrewed
06-25-2005, 11:51 AM
:lol:

But dayam.... that's an amazing number. utterly amazing.

mike627
06-25-2005, 01:20 PM
Paul Heyman and the boys are gonna bury Vengance.

Kane Knight
06-25-2005, 01:26 PM
And they didn't have to try.

gyps213
06-25-2005, 01:34 PM
Being the mathematician I am, I know that when I order PPV's, I average about 5 extra people hanging out at my house to watch. So, taking the law of averages into consideration: the buy-rate was 163,000. If each purchase had at least 3 people watching per location, that's 489,000. The number is even more impressive if you figure in the possibilty that some of those buys were shown at bars/pubs/large parties. Now THAT'S impressive!

Dave Youell
06-25-2005, 01:46 PM
Being the mathematician I am, I know that when I order PPV's, I average about 5 extra people hanging out at my house to watch. So, taking the law of averages into consideration: the buy-rate was 163,000. If each purchase had at least 3 people watching per location, that's 489,000. The number is even more impressive if you figure in the possibilty that some of those buys were shown at bars/pubs/large parties. Now THAT'S impressive!
There would be no bars/pubs showing it on a Sunday, trust me

Corkscrewed
06-25-2005, 02:13 PM
lol

What's on this time of the year across the pond?

Kane Knight
06-25-2005, 02:20 PM
The same logic could be held for any PPV in any country.

However, THAT logic would be a complete guess, that's why they announce buyrates instead.

Rob
06-26-2005, 04:58 AM
Although estimated buyrate numbers have yet to be released, the live airing of ECW One Night Stand in the UK drew 163,000 viewers on Sky Sports 1. That is more than four times what a usual live episode of RAW does every week. Plus, the show aired from 1-4am on a Sunday.

Credit: Dave Meltzer @ WrestlingObserver.com

Hang on a second. What you fail to note is that free PPV's usually do outdraw the live Raw. It's a lot easier for people like myself to go to work a couple of hours late once a month on a Monday morning as opposed to being late every single Tuesday morning. It's a good number but it's not as great as it looks.

Cactus Sid
06-26-2005, 05:01 AM
There would be no bars/pubs showing it on a Sunday, trust me

I know of at least 2 which showed it in Torquay

Rob
06-26-2005, 06:24 AM

I know of one that did too in West London.

Chavo Classic
06-26-2005, 06:47 AM
Hang on a second. What you fail to note is that free PPV's usually do outdraw the live Raw. It's a lot easier for people like myself to go to work a couple of hours late once a month on a Monday morning as opposed to being late every single Tuesday morning. It's a good number but it's not as great as it looks.

Yep. I really cant be bothered staying up for Raw sometimes, and its a different situation when a PPV is on. So it's no surprise that ANY PPV is watched more than Raw.

Sky Sports really dropped the ball showing Raw live at 3am on a tuesday morning.

Dave Youell
06-26-2005, 07:27 AM
:'(

Man living in Bristol sucks

Team Sheep
06-26-2005, 07:45 AM
Sky Sports really dropped the ball showing Raw live at 3am on a tuesday morning.

Why's that? It just gives people like myself to catch RAW live. People can watch it Wednesday's at a conveniant time if they want.

Rob
06-26-2005, 08:18 AM
What's the point though? Too many adverts and reliability issues already. They can easily run it "as live" on Tuesday nights.

Team Sheep
06-26-2005, 08:26 AM
Perhaps people were copmplaining that we had to wait until the end of the week to watch a Monday night show. So I guess Sky did something about it, and thought "hey, you can't get any earlier than live." I don't think that's what people really wanted though. I find the coverage great though, I watch it live sometimes but most of the time I just tape it and watch it Tuesdays, so I don't have to avoid spoilers.