PDA

View Full Version : Was thinking about the title picture now. (possible spoilers)

darkpower
06-26-2005, 04:00 AM
We now have both the WWE and World titles on RAW, and quite possibly (assuming the World and WWE titles stay on RAW), a "SmackDown Championship" on the ensuing show.

Who here also thinks that they are aiming to merge the WWE and World titles in the near future and create a RAW Championship?

I was thinking about how two main event titles can't be on the same show without cauing major problems, and then this SD Title thing, and then it hit me. What if Vince is trying to make it so they can eliminate both the World and WWE Titles and creating new names for the titles that reflect the shows? Sorry if this is already mentioned, but I had to put this out there for discussion.

This would mean that not only the World Title and Cena would stay on RAW, but Trip would win at Vengeance, Batista MIGHT go to SD, setting up a Cena/HHH feud and match for Summerslam in a Champion vs. Champion match, winner gets the new title as the would-be former titles "merge", as if it were an undisputed championship.

You think this may be what Vince is planning? To have a title on RAW as the RAW title and the same for SD?

Mr. Nerfect
06-26-2005, 06:37 PM
That seems possible. You could have a unification tournament at Summerslam (like they did at Vengeance '01) and have a "RAW Champion" on Raw, that carries the lineage of the WWE Championship, World Championship (WCW Championship) and Heavyweight Championship (World Heavyweight Championship). They'd also have a "SmackDown! Champion" on SD!, which basically has no lineage to it at all. Well the WWE did a good job of making the WWE and World Heavyweight Titles look equal, even though the "HHH Championship" didn't really have any history at all. I think they could establish a credible SD! Title.

Hitman84
06-27-2005, 09:07 AM
Firstly, I don't agree with the idea of creating a SmckDown! championship. As you say it would have no lineage whatsoever and, if I were a wrestler, I'd much prefer to hold a title that has already been held by such legends as Bruno Sammartino, Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart and Stone Cold.

Plus, what would they call it? WWE champion sounds good, as it implies you're the best in the entire organisation. World champion even more so, as it implies you're the best in the world.

The best course of action, for me, would be to re-introduce the Undisputed title under the name of Undisputed WWE World Championship. Both GMs would have the right to book the champion on their shows, but only in non-title bouts. Championship matches on RAW or SmackDown! would have to be OK'd by Vince as the owner of the company, as would the number one contender. Bischoff or Long would have to go to Vince and put their case forward why their superstar should get a title shot. If the champion loses, they would fill the gap left by the new champion on their show.

In my opinion, something along these lines would be so much better than having two titles named after their shows. An organisation's major belt has to mean something; not just by its lineage but in name as well, otherwise what's the point in having it?

Batsu
06-27-2005, 01:33 PM
NO UNIFICATIONS.

Draft one of the current champs after Vengeance.

That's the bottom line. There's no need to make a new belt...

Chavo Classic
06-27-2005, 03:01 PM
Exactly what Batsu said. There's no prestige in holding a belt that was made because the last guy who had it buggered off to Raw. Smackdown is already a secondary show, having a secondary belt would be a killer

FourFifty
06-27-2005, 03:10 PM
Exactly what Batsu said. There's no prestige in holding a belt that was made because the last guy who had it buggered off to Raw. Smackdown is already a secondary show, having a secondary belt would be a killer

^what he said^

Chavo Classic
06-27-2005, 03:12 PM
what Always450 said

Mr. Nerfect
06-27-2005, 05:19 PM
NO UNIFICATIONS.

Draft one of the current champs after Vengeance.

That's the bottom line. There's no need to make a new belt...

That's what's probably going to happen, but it is a pretty stupid move if you ask me.

Even the most dim-witted of fans would be able to say "Why didn't they wait until the end of the draft to crown a Champion.", and it'll probably point out the big plot error that Teddy Long was going to handle the title situation AFTER the draft was complete.

Besides, the World Heavyweight Title has pretty much no lineage to it at all, either. If I went through the time and effort of "creating" a SmackDown! Title, which would probably involve a lot of paperwork, etc., only to find out that a three-year old title has come over, I'd be rather pissed, and I'd try to make all the effort I put into the new SmackDown! belt to be worth all it could be.

On RAW then, you have two Championships. Just unify the fucking belts. It's a easy way to get ratings, and it creates interest in who the WWE sees as its biggest star. Maybe we'll get to see a new belt represent the three titles that would then make up the WWE Championship (WWE, World and World Heavyweight).

Loose Cannon
06-27-2005, 05:27 PM
What the WWE does not need is more belts. That was the mistake they made a couple years ago. It's a waste of time and it does nothing but make the other belts look like shit.

"Why wouldn't they wait till the end of the draft to crown a champion"

Because from a storyline perspective, how does Teddy Long know a Champion from Raw will get drafted to Smackdown. He's not a psychic. He's looking out for Smackdown right now by making a new Title. But here comes a champ from Raw, something he couldn't see coming.

Mr. Nerfect
06-27-2005, 05:39 PM
There's no way he could have seen it coming, but he could have at least lived up to his word and waited until the end of the draft to make a decision. Besides, who's to say everyone in the match will be there this week, and that the SD! will not get some major star that isn't a Champion that really should be added to the match (Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, etc.).

In a way it makes Teddy Long look like an irresponsible leader. That's like telling your employees "Look, I might have to fire all of you because of cutbacks, but I won't do that until I get the official word," only to fire them all prior to getting the orders, then fining out you didn't need to in the first place and re-hiring them. You'd lose a lot of respect.

So unless the WWE is planning on removing the Teddy Long character, it think they should stick this Championship through.

Loose Cannon
06-27-2005, 05:43 PM
Oh, I think we'll see a new Champion this week. Don't get me wrong. It's going to be afterwards that this will occur. Afterwards meaning after the match or the next week.

I think eathier HHH or Batista (whomver wins tonight) will get drafted. Someone will win the Smackdown Belt. Then HHH/Batista will be like "wtf. I'm the real Champion." The Smackdown Champ will be like, "No, I am." Then T Long makes another match and makes One Champion.

That's what I'm saying will happen. I see what you're saying as they have to go through with the match. Yea definately.

Mr. Nerfect
06-27-2005, 05:57 PM
That scenario makes a lot of sense, and what I think will happen as well, with the whole situation ending in some kind of unification match at The Great American Bash.

On RAW you then have the WWE Championship as the sole belt, probably ending with John Cena vs. Triple H at Summerslam, where Triple H has five back-to-back PPVs to be in the main event scene with Cena (I still refuse to believe Batista will lose at Vengeance).

6to1
06-27-2005, 05:59 PM
yea i think trips wants 2 belts so i see trips being unified champ and they make a b show belt.

Mr. Nerfect
06-27-2005, 08:22 PM
I can pricture the title getting of my nuts and shuttuing the rudk up, iharte this shit, fuck john cena and the wwf titfle, and ficuk all you! i hate tht]is chist!! WHERE IS FOLEY!! WHER IS GOLDUASH!!T GOLDDUST THEY WONT LETR ME SAY OT!! YOPU SCREWD MAT11

ROFL! :rofl:

Mr. Nerfect
06-27-2005, 08:27 PM
I still go back to the fact that they didn't actually show the belt on SD.

If they actually were going to create a new title, you would think this would something that was thought out a couple of weeks in advance and they would have the new title ready to showcase.

They didn't do that, so I still sya, and Ive said this all along, that Batista gets drafted to SD with the World Title, and they turn the 6 way into a #1 contenders match for GAB.

No new title, no unifications, just stays the way it is now, 2 World Titles, and they go back to one on each show.

That makes a lot of sense, but maybe the WWE is just trying to keep the belt hidden to "intrigue" us? They could have easily gotten an old belt and said it will be the SmackDown! Championship for that scenario.

I think you're right about Batista getting drafted, though. I see one man from the Six-Way being drafted to RAW (probably Big Show), then Batista taking his place, and the match being for the World Heavyweight Title. Batista successfully retains, and we get some kind of match between Batista & Muhammad Hassan (I think JBL would be better used elsewhere), where Batista again retains the title.

Nervous Ferret
06-27-2005, 11:03 PM
We now have both the WWE and World titles on RAW, and quite possibly (assuming the World and WWE titles stay on RAW), a "SmackDown Championship" on the ensuing show.

Who here also thinks that they are aiming to merge the WWE and World titles in the near future and create a RAW Championship?

I was thinking about how two main event titles can't be on the same show without cauing major problems, and then this SD Title thing, and then it hit me. What if Vince is trying to make it so they can eliminate both the World and WWE Titles and creating new names for the titles that reflect the shows? Sorry if this is already mentioned, but I had to put this out there for discussion.

This would mean that not only the World Title and Cena would stay on RAW, but Trip would win at Vengeance, Batista MIGHT go to SD, setting up a Cena/HHH feud and match for Summerslam in a Champion vs. Champion match, winner gets the new title as the would-be former titles "merge", as if it were an undisputed championship.

You think this may be what Vince is planning? To have a title on RAW as the RAW title and the same for SD?WOW. Exactly what I was trying to say in the Vengeance thread

The CyNick
06-28-2005, 12:37 AM
I still go back to the fact that they didn't actually show the belt on SD.

If they actually were going to create a new title, you would think this would something that was thought out a couple of weeks in advance and they would have the new title ready to showcase.

They didn't do that, so I still sya, and Ive said this all along, that Batista gets drafted to SD with the World Title, and they turn the 6 way into a #1 contenders match for GAB.

No new title, no unifications, just stays the way it is now, 2 World Titles, and they go back to one on each show.

Bischoff187
06-28-2005, 01:12 AM
I can pricture the title getting of my nuts and shuttuing the rudk up, iharte this shit, fuck john cena and the wwf titfle, and ficuk all you! i hate tht]is chist!! WHERE IS FOLEY!! WHER IS GOLDUASH!!T GOLDDUST THEY WONT LETR ME SAY OT!! YOPU SCREWD MAT11